Warlocks....

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Also saying vamp is OP shows how limited your experience is fighting both classes Bubble. Perhaps Vamp kills your sorc; I dunno. But its not an insta-kill and if u got purge/MoC3/SoI u got a very good chance of coming out on top. Against a warlock you dont even have time to check if you got it up. And he can just run to his precious hide-out and recast his chambers and do it again 20-30 seconds later.

Not saying its OP :)

I'm saying both are good class's like the warlock, and if i have all my RA's up normaly any class isn't a problem solo (well maybe not a Banelord Champ/or RR5 Thane :p)

Andrilyn said:
Heretics a piece of shit? ok..
RR5 + BAoD3 makes your group immune to any magic for 30 seconds with a 10 minute reuse timer.
1000+ AF + 36% absorb + PD(5) makes you immune (basically) to any melee.
Being able to spec Banelord will screw Mid/Hib caster groups big time.
Focus beams where never meant to be used in RvR cept for the non-interruptable one and the AoE snare.
Play your Heretic as an aggresive support character and you will soon see how powerful one can really be, can easily beat all casters 1 on 1 once you reach RR5 even Warlocks will do near to no damage.

So your an unkillable(for 30s) piece of shit with no offence, if your not using your Focus beams and are instead using banelord abilitys etc you might as well be a reaver with better Armour and have better abilitys.
You say you've never been hit for over 300? i bet you never hit the enemy for over 100 tho.
Aggresive support character? Heretics are shitty support class's compaired to others, i would see no reason to have one in a group.

But by all means, continue playing it and enjoy your class.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
Not saying its OP :)

I'm saying both are good class's like the warlock, and if i have all my RA's up normaly any class isn't a problem solo (well maybe not a Banelord Champ/or RR5 Thane :p)

Im guessing Septina his sorc and his story is 100% different to your sorc :p

I dont see any sorc beating a warlock unless the sorc resists everything :O

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

I've only Faught 1v1 against 1 warlock and it didn't survive the 3rd Lifetap and i survived the first chamber.

you can compaire a Hib caster and a warlock, if they get the Stun off your VSF(air america :p)

Btw didn't you have FZ up puppet?

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Tsabo said:
<Ponders>

What could albion use to join the club? Have 1 cleric assist their casters and stun once with their... dun dun duuuuuhhhh... baseline smite stun!!?!?!?!?!?!? Nerf clerics!!!!

All it takes is 1 cleric to assist and stun the target then chuck a spread heal if needed. Use your noggin and you can come up with amazing things...

It's no problem handling the baseline stun when it comes to fg-fg action out on the fields, but when at the battlements, at keeps and towers etc, the hib casters are able to stun-nuke-nuke all by themselves with no need for a healer/cleric to assist for stunning. Makes em much for effective in those situations. To be just as effective in keeps/towers as the hib casters, we'd have to have 1 stunner per caster. Any hib casters in here want to exhance their stun for my root? ;)

Will be interesting to see how warlocks will affect keep sieges.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
hehe Tsabo

tbh if a clerics Assist with stuns and spread healing you need to find a few cleric for the group (one that doesn't go OOP after 10 seconds)

Qbic

Fledgling Freddie
Guys we all know warlocks get nerfed with patch 1.75. What the heck is the use of another whine thread? :eek2:

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
hehe Tsabo

tbh if a clerics Assist with stuns and spread healing you need to find a few cleric for the group (one that doesn't go OOP after 10 seconds)

I only said spreadheal as I'm sure some idiot would whine that it'd be too complicated for a cleric to do targeted heals. All I ever hear from people is that they spam spreadheal.

When I played my cleric actively(Hierophant) I didnt know what spreadheals were so never used them :eek6:

But 1 Stun is going to help hugely and isn't going to OOP a cleric that much, even perhaps a cheeky lil stun on a bard/druid to stop the healin for 9 seconds is gonna give casters enuff time to nuke the shite outta the enemy.

There are 3 forms of CC in DaoC, Mez, Root, Stun. Mids and Hibs utilise all 3, albs only utilise 2. So thats cure mez, then purge root, sorted. its the stun that wins fights imo.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Vilje said:
Will be interesting to see how warlocks will affect keep sieges.

They stand on wall, you get close, they kill you. No way to interupt them, no way to get away since after frontload I got 35% hp and a DoT that does 130ish for 1 hour.

Ofc groups with a good setup will heal etc, but thoose groups seldom stay around keeps.

When defending its the same thing, you stand out of LOS, and the second you peak out to cast you get hit for 1400dmg and a DoT that lasts untill the keep falls.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
I've only Faught 1v1 against 1 warlock and it didn't survive the 3rd Lifetap and i survived the first chamber.

you can compaire a Hib caster and a warlock, if they get the Stun off your VSF(air america :p)

Btw didn't you have FZ up puppet?

Killed a fair share of em inside the FZ-timer because they got fuck all resists/AF/hp really. But this time I gotten 'You cant cast this spell in the air' or 'You cant see your groundtarget' or smth stupid rlly; FZ wont fire; got 1.3 seconds to get it right or I get dumped on with chambers.

I think its retarded a RR2 WL with DF sapphire-gear can kill RR8 TOA'ed classes with >2K HP just by looking at em. Where the OP-ranger with 45+18 Bow still needs frigging 4 arrows on a moving WL with his BT up. 3 arrows if hes standing still..

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
It tickles me that the Hiblets come here complaining about Warlocks (and rightly so I agree), and the Albs, who also face Warlocks, come here complaining about the Hib stun and the new Hib classes. I think it suggests the level of difficulty that the Albs are having against the Hibs.

Tsabo said:
What could albion use to join the club? Have 1 cleric assist their casters and stun once with their... dun dun duuuuuhhhh... baseline smite stun!!?!?!?!?!?!? Nerf clerics!!!!
Using clerics to do the stunning? Well lets asses the problems:
(a) Clerics got to be continuously spamming /ASSIST-->stun to the caster all the time for the 0.5 seconds when the enemy runs into range.
(b) Clerics don't put extended range into their template so the damage dealing caster relying on the cleric to stun has to wait for the enemy to get much closer.
(c) Much slower cast times on the Cleric. Even if the /asssit-->stun dd dd dd duo operates 100% efficiently, the enemy has likely moved out of range by the time the stun is cast.
(d) Clerics tend to be busy doing other things than looking for ways to kill the enemy - like keeping the group alive, which means they cannot spend 100% concentration looking for targets to stun.
and finally (e) you need two chars to do the same job as one Hibby. So even if you pull it off - you're getting half arrpees anyway.

Sun Tzu said:
There's a huge fundamental difference between a warlock and a chanter. See, with a chanter you have a few seconds where you get the little sparkly bits over your head to purge and run like hell, or be resistant, or have a focus shell cast, or hit an instaheal, or have a ceremonial stuncharge up. A warlock you just get frontloaded and in two seconds of LOS you're dead. Warlock then hides, recharges in 20 seconds, blam blam, dead again.

Another way of looking at it:
There's a huge fundamental difference between a warlock and a chanter. See, with a chanter you have a few seconds of helplessness where you get the little sparkly bits over your head and you havn't got CB charge/purge up. A warlock you just get frontloaded and have two seconds of LOS to hit IP/get healed/DI to take effect. If you're a large HP class (tank), then you've a good chance of surviving the 2000 instant points of damage anyway. Then a warlock is pretty harmless for 20 seconds for your realm mates to gank. A chanter doesn't have this downtime, just stuns the next target and dd's away (power permitting).

I'm not trying to say Warlocks are not OP - clearly they are, but as the game stands currently on Prydwen I'm finding Hibs a lot tougher to fight than Mids. Its only the good ol' Albion team spirit (which some people read as the roleplaying weirdo's) which prevents morale from dropping to a point where Albion becomes a pve realm. I'd love to hear the reaction from Hibs if Albion farmed them like they farm at the moment.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Crookshanks said:
Using clerics to do the stunning? Well lets asses the problems:
(a) Clerics got to be continuously spamming /ASSIST-->stun to the caster all the time for the 0.5 seconds when the enemy runs into range.
(b) Clerics don't put extended range into their template so the damage dealing caster relying on the cleric to stun has to wait for the enemy to get much closer.
(c) Much slower cast times on the Cleric. Even if the /asssit-->stun dd dd dd duo operates 100% efficiently, the enemy has likely moved out of range by the time the stun is cast.
(d) Clerics tend to be busy doing other things than looking for ways to kill the enemy - like keeping the group alive, which means they cannot spend 100% concentration looking for targets to stun.
and finally (e) you need two chars to do the same job as one Hibby. So even if you pull it off - you're getting half arrpees anyway.

So hang on... what you're telling me here is...

Healers have the ability to CC and Heal.

Shammies have the ability to disrupt and Heal.

Druids have the ability to AE Root/single root and Heal.

Wardens have the ability to BG, Interupt and Heal.

Bards have the ability to CC, Interupt, twist/chose the right songs, and Heal.

BUT.... Despite all these skillful hibs/mids, all the clerics of albion are too thick as shit to Stun and Heal. You're tell me that Clerics in albion only have the ability and compentancy to Heal!?!?!

OK clerics of albion... Are you all totaly retarded that you can't stun a target when told to while you heal??? Are you really that shite at playing DaoC that you are beneath the skills of every other healing class in the entire game?

TBH, you're arguement is total bullshit. It's not hard, you get a spam in /g to be told to stun the new assisted target then you go back to healing. Not hard.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
wow calling people retarded is really fotm..

edit : and it really helps also :cheers:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

Its pretty easy tbh, mez warlock, pet him, run away :p (buffs and ml9 convoker goes a long way ^^)

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Dorin said:
nearsight, debuff, LT LT LT - bye hib nuker :[

nearsight, hib nuker walks away until he gets nearsight immunity. comes back, stun nuke nuke bye alb cabalist :p

Since cabas don't have speed, there's no way to catch the hib caster at all to debuff and LT them :p Oddly, with stun, having speed isn't as big an issue ;x

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
nearsight, hib nuker walks away until he gets nearsight immunity. comes back, stun nuke nuke bye alb cabalist :p

Since cabas don't have speed, there's no way to catch the hib caster at all to debuff and LT them :p Oddly, with stun, having speed isn't as big an issue ;x

pet has speed tho :x

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Tsabo said:
So hang on... what you're telling me here is...

Healers have the ability to CC and Heal.

Shammies have the ability to disrupt and Heal.

Druids have the ability to AE Root/single root and Heal.

Wardens have the ability to BG, Interupt and Heal.

Bards have the ability to CC, Interupt, twist/chose the right songs, and Heal.

BUT.... Despite all these skillful hibs/mids, all the clerics of albion are too thick as shit to Stun and Heal. You're tell me that Clerics in albion only have the ability and compentancy to Heal!?!?!

OK clerics of albion... Are you all totaly retarded that you can't stun a target when told to while you heal??? Are you really that shite at playing DaoC that you are beneath the skills of every other healing class in the entire game?

TBH, you're arguement is total bullshit. It's not hard, you get a spam in /g to be told to stun the new assisted target then you go back to healing. Not hard.

Typically, you have 4 healers in a hib groups (2druid, 1 warden, 1 bard), you have atleast 3 in a mid (2+ healers, shaman) and you have only 2 in an alb group.. Also, cleric stun is only 1350 range iirc, while druid/healer stuff is 1500.. it may not seem like much, but it's an additional 150 units to cover (or more with +%range) when they can be casting at you first and interupt you.

Also, none of the hib/mid classes you describe are doing /assist +interupt, they are only interupting/CCing alone. Assisting requires you to be near the same target as the person you're assisting, just interupting/CCing any target you please is a far easier task.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
pet has speed tho :x

pet has a fixed range of 1500 that you can set it to attack at. Since the enemy can cast at 1650 range at you, you can't set pet on them before they cast at you.. if you nearsight them it's also beyond 1500 and you can't send your pet then either.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
pet has a fixed range of 1500 that you can set it to attack at. Since the enemy can cast at 1650 range at you, you can't set pet on them before they cast at you.. if you nearsight them it's also beyond 1500 and you can't send your pet then either.

i think its possible to run 150 units before caster quick-casts a stun :x

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Oni we'll assume your move forward when your Nearsight them and sprint to put pet on them :p
And maybe they will be stationary for a few moments to while trying to cast at your before NS lands :)

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:

My experience is if i try run inside pet range and pet - im dead before the pet reaches the hib =)

And if anyone knows any tricks, please tell me =)

EDIT: Oh, and im a sm btw, perhaps our pets got gimped speed, hehe :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Vilje said:
My experience is if i try run inside pet range and pet - im dead before the pet reaches the hib =)

And if anyone knows any tricks, please tell me =)

EDIT: Oh, and im a sm btw, perhaps our pets got gimped speed, hehe :p

Well yeah makes more sense for you to open with a mez, then pet.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
willowywicca said:
Typically, you have 4 healers in a hib groups (2druid, 1 warden, 1 bard), you have atleast 3 in a mid (2+ healers, shaman) and you have only 2 in an alb group..
Well, typically, Bards don't heal very much. ;) And what's to stop you from including a friar in the Alb group anyway? ST, BG, grapple, heals, and semi-okay damage seems not too bad to me in addition to red resistance buffs.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Well, typically, Bards don't heal very much. ;) And what's to stop you from including a friar in the Alb group anyway? ST, BG, grapple, heals, and semi-okay damage seems not too bad to me in addition to red resistance buffs.

AM ftw ! :p too bad it doesnt show on healstats tho tt

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Well yeah makes more sense for you to open with a mez, then pet.

Aye =) But even when i get my mezz in, and pet is on em, i manage to die neways :<

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
why would it be quick cast? it'd be normal cast.. and you'd be stunned and nuked dead before pet reaches the hib.

Bubble said:
Oni we'll assume your move forward when your Nearsight them and sprint to put pet on them
And maybe they will be stationary for a few moments to while trying to cast at your before NS lands

How do you manage that? You can't cast nearsight while moving, you have to stop. They can once interupted by nearsight, turn and also sprint, and you would never catch them. Being stationary before NS lands doesn't matter, since you're stationary while casting too.. if they remain stationary after the NS while interupted by it, then it'd matter, but that would be a sign of a bad player with poor reaction times. I'm assuming we're talking about skilled players.. obvisouly if there's a large skill differential all discussions are rather pointless ;x

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

Well the post I was replying to claimed bards can interupt and CC and heal and clerics suck cos they can't just assist stun and heal, was only trying to take it from that point of view. And yeah friars are more viable atm than they used, but there's not exactly many of them about to group with is there? >< How many groups do you see with a friar in it? I was talking about the actual state of healer classes in groups, if you want to talk about what "could" be done, then why not make an alb group of 8 clerics! omg 8 healers, and they can't stun?! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom