Warlocks....

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
Since when is BG a "must-have"?

since the day zerkers started to hit like trains :)

I wouldnt run an albgroup without BG tbh, means theurg and/or sorc are easy kills for 2 tanks on assist.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
since the day zerkers started to hit like trains :)

I wouldnt run an albgroup without BG tbh, means theurg and/or sorc are easy kills for 2 tanks on assist.

Yeah but PBAE styles > BG :)

Lcea

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Okay lets use our 'imagination'
Which class are you going to take out for a heretic to go into a group?
Mercs? your groups melee will not work in open field.
Casters? Take away your main damage dealer and replace it with something that can't do much? (for mids- Replace Darkness runie with Summoning SM.)
Friar/Paladin? You'd against lose loads of Utility a gain little extra damage.

I'd try a heretic, they can do SICK dmg after a couple of seconds and that focus is uninterruptable at range.
Andri's heretic did about 1800 to some hib with 50% heat resists the other day in 1 tick of dmg :worthy:

Melee chars hit them like they're meleeing a buffed necro pet + nice group RA's + focus snare + guard! :)

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
willowywicca said:
Well, I haven't played against warlocks but I don't understand this.. they can only use a chamber every 1 seconds max right? not all together instantly? My caba could cast at nearly 1sec speed, so it doesn't seem that much different.. the range and non-interuptablity factors are overpowered tho x<

They can unload a chamber every 2s, and cast uninterruptable primers in between that.

Warlocks can, in the span of 2 seconds :

0s : Unload a chamber
~1s : Uninterruptable primer
~2s : Uninterruptable primer
2s: Second chamber

That's 6 damage spells in 2s.

Worse, if they 'precast' their uninterruptable primer (they then have 10s to use it, which makes a spell fire instantly, not sure they can in this patch actually) :

0s : Chamber + primer
~1s : primer
~2s : primer
2s : Chamber

And that's 7 spells in 2s.

225 delve lifetaps etc ofc.

Similarly, a warlock could unload 2-3 unint PBAE + 2 chambers with DD+PBAE or heal+PBAE in 2s + banelord PBAE & possibly RR5 PBAE.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Equendil said:
They can unload a chamber every 2s, and cast uninterruptable primers in between that.

Warlocks can, in the span of 2 seconds :

0s : Unload a chamber
~1s : Uninterruptable primer
~2s : Uninterruptable primer
2s: Second chamber

That's 6 damage spells in 2s.

Worse, if they 'precast' their uninterruptable primer (they then have 10s to use it, which makes a spell fire instantly, not sure they can in this patch actually) :

0s : Chamber + primer
~1s : primer
~2s : primer
2s : Chamber

And that's 7 spells in 2s.

225 delve lifetaps etc ofc.

Similarly, a warlock could unload 2-3 unint PBAE + 2 chambers with DD+PBAE or heal+PBAE in 2s + banelord PBAE & possibly RR5 PBAE.

What on earth are we all talking about, of course this is a fair class! lol

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
Yeah but PBAE styles > BG :)

yea but it at least ensures that a zerk wont get full damage, zerk 2 shots casters pretty easy for example, I hit for quite alot on merc aswell and if there is no BG, casters die like flies. :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Luz said:
Surely you can win some fights vs some randoms even if you´re not wtf-opt-p0wn :)

try fighting eclipse without a opt group 1fg v 1fg :)

I'd rather have a Paladin in group than Heretic (Most Paladins BG better than Friars, they tend to do there job better since they know there melee output sucks)
And i'd rather have a Friar than heretic since BG and Red resists mixed with a much greater melee output >> a third banelord.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Casters? Take away your main damage dealer and replace it with something that can't do much? (for mids- Replace Darkness runie with Summoning SM.)

Cleric, Cleric, Friar, Heretic, Merc/Reaver, Merc, Pally/Sorc, Sorc.
Seems like a very decent setup also with the tower razing comming up and roam groups become more viable.
And with this setup 90% of your group will be under the effect of your RR5, BAoD3(40%) + RR5(75%) is 115% magic immune, test show a rr9 chanter hitting for something like 1 (-540) when you fire both BAoD and RR5 sure it only last 30 seconds (BAoD lasts 30 seconds and rr5 45 seconds) but in 30-45 seconds the fight is already over.
And with the reuse of 10 minutes it means that you will have it up every important fight (on Prydwen anyway).

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Magic and melee immune sorcerers. I wonder how you can loose :p

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
try fighting eclipse without a opt group 1fg v 1fg :)

I'd rather have a Paladin in group than Heretic (Most Paladins BG better than Friars, they tend to do there job better since they know there melee output sucks)
And i'd rather have a Friar than heretic since BG and Red resists mixed with a much greater melee output >> a third banelord.

Yeah its a lot easier for a Paladin too, they dont have to worry about getting owned by melee so much :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
Cleric, Cleric, Friar, Heretic, Merc/Reaver, Merc, Pally/Sorc, Sorc.
Seems like a very decent setup also with the tower razing comming up and roam groups become more viable.
And with this setup 90% of your group will be under the effect of your RR5, BAoD3(40%) + RR5(75%) is 115% magic immune, test show a rr9 chanter hitting for something like 1 (-540) when you fire both BAoD and RR5 sure it only last 30 seconds (BAoD lasts 30 seconds and rr5 45 seconds) but in 30-45 seconds the fight is already over.
And with the reuse of 10 minutes it means that you will have it up every important fight (on Prydwen anyway).

Theurgist or cabbie or even Wizard would be much better suited, it seems the heretic can fill the 'misc' spot only that any other class could fill.
While Being Magic immune for 30 seconds is nice (Read old Baod) most groups (all 3 realms) use hybrid groups to max effect, taking there Light Eldritch out of the fight means he'll just have to disease and NS spam instead of nuke.

Heretics are a class that needs to be RR5 to be half useful (And the RR5 ability pre nerf is the only reason i'd invite one :p) nice one if you've managed to leech it from your guild group.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:

Whenever I use my imagination, I do not question things, I simply try something out that might work good.

I am also not sitting on any kind of holy opted-group-throne like you, so maybe you go ahead and enlighten me what you are talking about...

Thanks for the input though.

Jjuraa

Banned
Bubble said:
yes you do Zerglin :p
What tick was that?

something like the 5th or 6th, doesnt take long, in a 1fg vs 1fg theres often a lot of confusion, and people often try to interuppt by just chucking a spell on me, which of course doesnt work. anyway i wasnt zerging >< our random FG shown there beat an opted hib grp in 1fg vs 1fg

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Karnah says: "warloc inc, the end is nigh"

Hahahahahah... talk about trying to speak fool speak half arsed. :)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jjuraa said:
anyway i wasnt zerging >< our random FG shown there beat an opted hib grp in 1fg vs 1fg
Eh, sure, 138 RPs for killing an enemy is zerg RPs. Go go zerg more! :D

Jjuraa

Banned
Belomar said:
Eh, sure, 138 RPs for killing an enemy is zerg RPs. Go go zerg more! :D

did i say that was the fight we beat an opted fg? no. that sshot was our FG vs the hib zerg, the opted FG we beat was jamiesmallicus' lot sometime later.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
hmm i remember that night last week when that sshot was taken, evita had 2/3fg stuck on him every time.

Jjuraa

Banned
well, i remember that night too. and there were 4fg hibs + at the tower. so no wonder there were a few albs around us? or maybe you mean the relic raid? is zerging not allowed on relic raids now? :<

when we roamed, we were 1fg. and we usually got blasted by 2fg hibs, as far as i can remember, the 1fg vs 1fg vs jamies lot was the only fight like that where noone added. and we won so 0_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom