Warlocks....

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
50%+ quad-rate hello there, 800 basedamage mainhand from berserkers hello there.

Hahah, and you blame others for exagerating. :)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
The fact that I'm dead in 2 seconds after the second chamber hits, or in 4 after the 3rd/4th heat DD hit me while stunned, or in 3 when an enemy stealthers jumps me ... it's just irrelevant. I'm dead anyway.

Every realm has some OP stuff, get over it. Your new classes are far more than good, you really have nothing to whine.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Had one warlock encounter so far and i logged very quickly after.
Met some fotm rr2 kobie with some balls over his head, mezzed him, sc debuff, sent pet and started nuking.
He looked at me and boom, i was le dead :p

Anything that doesnt have a stun is free rps for a warlock really.
And, comparing hib casters baseline stun to warlocks just shows how dumb you are tbh :(
Sure, most of the times if you dont have purge up and get stunned you're dead meat... but, even if you have purge, moc etc etc etc up vs a warlock it will mean FA since the lock just has to look at you and you're eating grass.

The inc nerf is more than fair and anyone saying different really should get a severe spanking :(

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
The inc nerf is more than fair and anyone saying different really should get a severe spanking :(
The 1.75 nerf is fair ... but that nerf won't really change much, unfortunately (for you), as it's the nature of chambering which is OP more than the spell delve. It's not just the static insta cast, but it's the fact that you have two high delve spells loaded, plus the fact that you can cast during chambers cooldown ... to "fix" the warlock they should add a damage malus on chambers, or don't let them stack with primed spells. But at the same time they should give a reason to use those dumb 4 second fixed casting, interruptable curse spells.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
hehe funny its Puppet being the first to whine about these :p

Hibs also got 2 good class's from cats...Albs got a piece of shit that needs to be unterupted for around 12 seconds before it starts doing damage that compaires to a normal caster.

So midgard got a good class..

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
warlocks are annoying ill grant them that, and getting insta for 1200 dmg is annoying, but then fire wizzies do that with 2 bolts for more dmg :>

Diff is, warlocks die fast cause they untemplated :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
aahhhh, and so it begins, the long awaited whine about warlocks :D

you get what I meant earlier I guess :p

Warlocks are even worse than BDs, and tbh, its the worst pile of dogpoo Ive seen in DAoC, ever :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
met a few warlocks only been killed twice rest died so far. Bit of 1 trick wonders really :D

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
aahhhh, and so it begins, the long awaited whine about warlocks :D

you get what I meant earlier I guess :p

Warlocks are even worse than BDs, and tbh, its the worst pile of dogpoo Ive seen in DAoC, ever :)
Bd's were far worse than warlocks imo, as the dmg on tanks and such was quite a bit lower before toa, so they had an easy time outhealing the dmg sometimes (or my dmg just sucked -.-).

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Bd's were far worse than warlocks imo, as the dmg on tanks and such was quite a bit lower before toa, so they had an easy time outhealing the dmg sometimes (or my dmg just sucked -.-).

Just takes a while till u meet a weirdo with 50 AF and PD3 on its warlock. Add 10% resist-piercing and +10% dmg and your merc goes down very fast.

UI lifetaps heals are alot better then healing-pets; they aint on a timer as with BD so GL.

And yeah people comparing it to wizards or sorcs or whatever.... I still can interrupt a wizard if I jump him. Lowering delve will help the pain; atleast I dont get 2x DD255 pre-chambered on me. I might actually survive till the 3rd tick of the DoT :p

Also saying vamp is OP shows how limited your experience is fighting both classes Bubble. Perhaps Vamp kills your sorc; I dunno. But its not an insta-kill and if u got purge/MoC3/SoI u got a very good chance of coming out on top. Against a warlock you dont even have time to check if you got it up. And he can just run to his precious hide-out and recast his chambers and do it again 20-30 seconds later.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
While I was expecting to be spitting blood when coming up against a Warlock - I havn't really found them to be as bad as people have suggested. Whether this is because as a heavy tank I have enough hit points to survive the front load, I havn't come across a mid-high rr warlock, or I havn't come across a ToA'd up one yet I don't know.

Hibbies with stun however has gone simply bananas since Catacombs - what happened did you all find a book in the catacombs dungeons which suggested stun->boom->boom->boom was going to be a good combination? I'm not aware that catacombs changed anything regarding this - yet I really don't recall quite this level of complete uselessness when fighting hibbies before the expansion.

One other thing - the truckload of Bainshee's which turned up at Erasleigh tonight - what exactly do they have which gives them immunity to melee attacks? I hit several for damage figures like "180 (-200) An barrier absorbs some of your damage. You hit for 0 (-2)". 0??? wtf? Where's my magic ablative barrier? I thought (hoped) we might have been heading away from Dark Age of Castalot back to the good old days of Tankalot (where at least you see the whites of your quad-hitting enemies eyes) - but things seem to be drifting further into the extreme.

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
Omg is someone realy defending the warlocks here ?

It takes a guy few days to make a lvl 50, no waite dont even have to be 50, think i saw a lvl 49 do it.

Do what Bowie ? well point enamy ( any rr) and push the insta bottom /ded
wonder why mids alwayes get the 1 bottom class :)

Well bowie it cost quite some powa to use those insta! WOW nice!!! i died he lost some powa i see the fair trade :) ROFL..

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
hehe funny its Puppet being the first to whine about these :p

Hibs also got 2 good class's from cats...Albs got a piece of shit that needs to be unterupted for around 12 seconds before it starts doing damage that compaires to a normal caster.

So midgard got a good class..

Heretics a piece of shit? ok..
RR5 + BAoD3 makes your group immune to any magic for 30 seconds with a 10 minute reuse timer.
1000+ AF + 36% absorb + PD(5) makes you immune (basically) to any melee.
Being able to spec Banelord will screw Mid/Hib caster groups big time.
Focus beams where never meant to be used in RvR cept for the non-interruptable one and the AoE snare.
Play your Heretic as an aggresive support character and you will soon see how powerful one can really be, can easily beat all casters 1 on 1 once you reach RR5 even Warlocks will do near to no damage.

I have been playing around lately with my Heretic and I have yet to be hit for more than 300 damage in melee by anything even RR10 mids/hibs and I am walking in Epic armour so nowhere near capped stats/resists/ToA bonusses.
A Heretic is far from shit if you ask me but it's no wizard in RvR I give you that but what a wonderful support class.

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
I in general dislike Cata, the new classes all OP xcept heretic they r just weird :fluffle: and warlocks r just the most OP class atm be realistic and let people whine.
Dunno what mids qq ing about newayz u all too busy fidling with each others joysticks at bled :twak:

Gamah

Banned
Bowie said:
Omg is someone realy defending the warlocks here ?

It takes a guy few days to make a lvl 50, no waite dont even have to be 50, think i saw a lvl 49 do it.

Do what Bowie ? well point enamy ( any rr) and push the insta bottom /ded
wonder why mids alwayes get the 1 bottom class :)

Well bowie it cost quite some powa to use those insta! WOW nice!!! i died he lost some powa i see the fair trade :) ROFL..

Was fun killing you and your friend 2 days ago <3

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks are crazy OP'd in BGs...even up to leirvik. Got a spike of lag earlier for about 3 seconds, came back out of it and was eating dirt (as an overpowered dementia vampiir with a 26% magic resist buff :rolleyes: ). Got hit for 2-300 damage about six times in 4 seconds, at which point said warlock ran off into the zerg, recharged, and came back to start picking off casters who were visible in LOS.

There's a huge fundamental difference between a warlock and a chanter. See, with a chanter you have a few seconds where you get the little sparkly bits over your head to purge and run like hell, or be resistant, or have a focus shell cast, or hit an instaheal, or have a ceremonial stuncharge up. A warlock you just get frontloaded and in two seconds of LOS you're dead. Warlock then hides, recharges in 20 seconds, blam blam, dead again. No defense (other than maybe DI), no counter other than hoping that someone somehow kills him. Hell, even if a warlocks's being hit he can still fire off chambers, and if he's out he can uninterruptable a few times. I mean yeah, they can be killed, but they'll drop a shedload of casters before you can pin one down and kill it.

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Was fun killing you and your friend 2 days ago <3

Now Gamah u have to understand one thing, i dont complain beeing beating in a nice battle, hell i lose some and i win some no problem. But u see i remember our fight and what u did out there infront of Mid keep in the wather, that take some skills.

And even tho we didnt have most thing up, we still where 2 against u, and still u took the best part. Now i have no problem what so ever with that, but running duo 2x rr6 ( even us starting the fight) getting insta ( and i meen insta ) beatet by what ever new Mid who desided to make warlock, that totally make u lose respect for the game.

I dont blame the mid here, who saw a chanse to make some fast rps. But how the faaaag can u test a char for 6 mounth and come out releasing something as ower-powerd as the warlock ?

Yea Hibs got some nice chars too, but we are not talking insta/non-interrupting kills there and i can Bomb anyone back to stoneage with screen-shoots that shows warlocks taking close to 2000 hp on me insta ( even with me having nice resists). Thats my complain nothing els.......

Anyways well done in that fight, u played ur class well in a fight lasting 1 min, a warlock can do the same u did pushing a bottom 1 sec, see the problem ?

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
So many QQing about a mid class, it was about time ... it was getting old to read only sorc and stunnukers QQ, we felt so ignored :(

Now, there was that vamp that impressed half Midgard by tearing thru npcs and players on battlements with runie and warlock nuking him to no avail ... like 6 kills in 10-12 seconds ... catacombs classes are great stuff for sure.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks make healer classes want to quit. The whole concept of the class is stupid, take away their Alpha damage and there is no point having them, with the damage as it is say bye bye to a member of your group and there is nothing you can do about it. I understand Mythic want to add 'new' concepts to each patch but how fucking long did they take in fixing / nerfing any other class that had a virtual guaranteed 'insta' kill over another (early archer nerfs, assassin nerfs, LA nerfs, bolt nerfs).

Luona

Fledgling Freddie
retarded class lower my daily rps :( hence the ileechbutton but then again midds might need a class like that since rest of their classes are so useless etc irl osv ...

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
If Warlocks AREN'T overpowered, then why are they getting nerfed next patch?

To my understanding all their Delve damage is being reduced by 30%

And Vamps ain't all that, 1vs1 it takes a while for a vamp to get going, but if you don't kill it fast or add on it just as it's finished a fight then you're starting to step into dangerous teritory(sp). I've been playing a lvl 40 Vamp on PvP and if I get jumped it can be hard to get the power to get my buffs up.

Baseline stun on chanters, hmmm, now... Why do albs whine about that? Hell even mids (from playing mid excal) don't whine that much about it. Know why? Cos they have a baseline stun on Healers which they abuse.

<Ponders>

What could albion use to join the club? Have 1 cleric assist their casters and stun once with their... dun dun duuuuuhhhh... baseline smite stun!!?!?!?!?!?!? Nerf clerics!!!!

All it takes is 1 cleric to assist and stun the target then chuck a spread heal if needed. Use your noggin and you can come up with amazing things...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
#Yes mate I totally agree..yesterday one warlock killed me and a merc in about 5 seconds..bloody stupid.
You suck then ;(
Luona said:
retarded class lower my daily rps :(
Was too high anyway :p
Tsabo said:
To my understanding all their Delve damage is being reduced by 30%
Yeah, that's what I read. Then their insta dot would still do ~175dmg/tick tho, which is still a tad high imo ;(
Tsabo said:
What could albion use to join the club? Have 1 cleric assist their casters and stun once with their... dun dun duuuuuhhhh... baseline smite stun!!?!?!?!?!?!? Nerf clerics!!!!
For some reason most random clerics I've grouped cba to stun, or can't seem to come up with the idea of putting it on their qb :<

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
Eh, hello, where have you been? The time before ToA is not officially called Dark Age of Tankalot for nothing? Damage and healing capabilities were increased with ToA for all types of classes, not just tanks. ;)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Eh, hello, where have you been? The time before ToA is not officially called Dark Age of Tankalot for nothing? Damage and healing capabilities were increased with ToA for all types of classes, not just tanks. ;)
I kinda knew that already? I meant tank damage was lower back then and the bd heal pets haven't been upped afaik, so they would've been more effective back then? I know casters did less dmg, casted slower etc etc, but I only played casters in rvr on a few ocasions and never solo, so it's hard for me to judge how one would do 1-1 against a bd in si.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom