Warlocks....

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Does any of this matter? Aren't like 70% of caster 1v1s one caster standing behind a tree, under water, etc shaving 1000hps off the other b4 even /face even kicks in?

Mael, 50th ment.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
Also, cleric stun is only 1350 range iirc,

It's 1500 range, used to be 1350 but they changed that somewhere just after SI release, Smite is still 1350 range though.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
I run around and get some spelleffect on me and when I click /face QC <spell here> I am dead before casting. I am capted resists :p

Differance is with Warlock I am dead before I can /face :p

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
I run around and get some spelleffect on me and when I click /face QC <spell here> I am dead before casting. I am capted resists :p

Differance is with Warlock I am dead before I can /face :p

Well, I haven't played against warlocks but I don't understand this.. they can only use a chamber every 1 seconds max right? not all together instantly? My caba could cast at nearly 1sec speed, so it doesn't seem that much different.. the range and non-interuptablity factors are overpowered tho x<

Btw, face and qc is a silly thing to do, if a caster is casting at you you should sprint the other way asap, only a totally gimp caster won't kill you before you finish a qc.. generally casters start casting at near their max range tho, so by running you have atleast a small chance of surviving by getting out of range

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
why would it be quick cast? it'd be normal cast.. and you'd be stunned and nuked dead before pet reaches the hib.

It could be normal cast sure, but since nearsight has 2300 range, 2.0 sec cast speed its not too hard to interrupt with it, forcing him to QC.

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Shaman can't heal :p

Actually shaman CAN heal.. only the need to use the base healing cause cba to spec in mending.. but I can heal.. u better belive it.. and faster than a healer (im a kobbie)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Wilburn said:
Actually shaman CAN heal.. only the need to use the base healing cause cba to spec in mending.. but I can heal.. u better belive it.. and faster than a healer (im a kobbie)

lol. Typical shaman has 4 in mending spec giving you:

You heal for 68!
You heal for 93!
You heal for 217!
You heal for 123!

huge variance and in practice its unreliably to heal with that.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
How do you manage that? You can't cast nearsight while moving, you have to stop. They can once interupted by nearsight, turn and also sprint, and you would never catch them. Being stationary before NS lands doesn't matter, since you're stationary while casting too.. if they remain stationary after the NS while interupted by it, then it'd matter, but that would be a sign of a bad player with poor reaction times. I'm assuming we're talking about skilled players.. obvisouly if there's a large skill differential all discussions are rather pointless ;x

I assume your be moving towards the player, your'd cast your nearsight at around 1900 range using /face to instantly cast it(something stupid like 0.5 sec cast time) and then keep moving towards them. Assuming they take more than half a second to turn 180 and Spirint away from you, you should be in pet range.

Oh and Nearsight kills there speed

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

You heal for 68!
You heal for 93!
You heal for 217!
You heal for 123!

Thats my point :p

Also why would you be healing when you have 3 healers for that and your much better off Diaseaseing anything that moves and root spamming.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
It could be normal cast sure, but since nearsight has 2300 range, 2.0 sec cast speed its not too hard to interrupt with it, forcing him to QC.

Yes, indeed you *can* interupt him with NS spamming, but once again, you cannot move while casting NS.. thus you won't be getting closer to him to send pet, and if he is nearsighted and has no purge, he should run and you won't catch him.

Bubble said:
I assume your be moving towards the player, your'd cast your nearsight at around 1900 range using /face to instantly cast it(something stupid like 0.5 sec cast time) and then keep moving towards them. Assuming they take more than half a second to turn 180 and Spirint away from you, you should be in pet range.

Oh and Nearsight kills there speed
more like around 0.8sec tho that's largely irrelevant ;), and using /face stops you completely. Thus you take a short while to start back to full sprinting speed afterwards. Unlike them who (most likely) will be moving the whole time, and turning with the mouse they'll turn very fast indeed, far faster than you can cover 400units starting from not-moving (or slightly less since they may continue to move towards you a small amount before turning).

And no, nearsight does not kill speed properly (it doesn't stop them, tho I think it does cancel the *next* tick of speed.. but they usually still have a few seconds of speed to get even further away) even tho it should(not that it matters, they only need to travel at the same speed as you for you not to catch them).

From my personal experience, nearsighting any decent player from above my own nuking/pet range results in them escaping me by running. It's better to wait til in nuking range (or better pet if they don't see you), and use terrain etc to your advantage so they don't see you til you attack.. if they do see you tho, they'll either be able to run, or stun and kill you (unless purge is up)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
Yes, indeed you *can* interupt him with NS spamming, but once again, you cannot move while casting NS.. thus you won't be getting closer to him to send pet, and if he is nearsighted and has no purge, he should run and you won't catch him.

Well, believe it or not, I am aware you can't move while casting spells. Fact is tho, with server delay, if you time it right, you can stop at the right time, nearsight, and run close enough to pet. If you nearsight too early, he'll turn and run of course, but if the nearsight lands just before, or just as he enters his stun/nuke range, he's very unlikely to turn. Of course this is all very theoretical, and in most situations is will be completely different aspects that determine the outcime.

(also you can use cerebracer charge, tartaros charge etc to even the score :p)

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
i killed 4 warlocks in a row with eldritch, does that make me overpowered?

(nerf red nearsight and stun)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Puppet said:

You heal for 68!
You heal for 93!
You heal for 217!
You heal for 123!

Give my merc any healing and i'll be happy :cool:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:
Give my merc any healing and i'll be happy :cool:

Im sure a warden would be happy with dualwield, 2K WS, charge, banelord and such too :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
Aggresive support character? Heretics are shitty support class's compaired to others, i would see no reason to have one in a group.

But by all means, continue playing it and enjoy your class.

Yeah, ultra hard to kill tank with access to PD and AoM + levi damage and some nice magic resists for the group and DI is a shitty class.

I wish some Albs would use their imagination.

I think a Banelord RR5+ Heretic is the way to get rid of some BDs/Warlocks. Go figure.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
malev i was merely generalising there of course :p everything is situational, but nearsight - debuff / LT - pet/chainstuning one - 1sec or so cast time are great tools to negate teh fearful /qc baseline_stun omigad stuff ><

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
It's 1500 range, used to be 1350 but they changed that somewhere just after SI release, Smite is still 1350 range though.
Aye! And it had 1000 range only earlier.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Hrmmm hows that heratic RR5 ra work? Looks like it only works after binding at keep lord or something?

Mael, 50th ment.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yeah, ultra hard to kill tank with access to PD and AoM + levi damage and some nice magic resists for the group and DI is a shitty class.

I think a Banelord RR5+ Heretic is the way to get rid of some BDs/Warlocks. Go figure.
Warlocks maybe, but BDs? BDs are still interrupt machines :) Difference between warlocks and heretics, that I could get rr5 just in my lunch break with solo warlock no time, while Heretics need a semi decent grp who would sacrifice a (friar/reaver/merc) spot and provide rps till rr5. And I know that to get rr5 isnt a too hard task, but with Heretic in solo, it is.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:

Okay lets use our 'imagination'
Which class are you going to take out for a heretic to go into a group?
Mercs? your groups melee will not work in open field.
Casters? Take away your main damage dealer and replace it with something that can't do much? (for mids- Replace Darkness runie with Summoning SM.)
Friar/Paladin? You'd against lose loads of Utility a gain little extra damage.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Casters? Take away your main damage dealer and replace it with something that can't do much? (for mids- Replace Darkness runie with Summoning SM.)

Surely you can win some fights vs some randoms even if you´re not wtf-opt-p0wn :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Wouldn't lose too mutch utility by sacrificing pala imo. Only find their end/bg useful in rvr, and a little extra dmg. Think that would qualify for a heretic spot if I'd make a group with a heretic anyway.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Wouldn't lose too mutch utility by sacrificing pala imo. Only find their end/bg useful in rvr, and a little extra dmg. Think that would qualify for a heretic spot if I'd make a group with a heretic anyway.

umm and who BG with no pala?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom