This.. OMG Warlocks are nerfed, unplayable now !

Puppet

Part of the furniture
See topic. I hear lots of people (Mids) say 'Warlocks are nerfed, unplayable, class etc'..

I get advice 'lol get capped matter-resists and they dont hurt'. Gladly I got matter-resists capped (26% on SC) and I got 10% additional resists from champlevels. Add AoM2 and thats 36/5% matter-resists, which IMO is still pretty respectable.

As a result and the latest nerfs making the warlocks unplayable:

* Typical 3-chamber spec WL hits me for 250-300 on the baseline DD and around 400-500 on the lifetap also chambered ---> 800 damage per chamber, having 3 of em == 2400 damage.

* Having 3 chambers means they got atleast the level 29 UI primer, which reduces the damage by 25% (same damage as MoC3) which means minimal lifetap UI will still do 300~damage. Before RA's but having a decent powerpool you can do an additional 5 UI-casts.

Now correct me if Im wrong, but wtf @ nerf and unplayable now ? What more do you want besides thát, fuckloads of utility (mega DoT, PBAE, snare, nearsight), banelord and ofcourse the powerless and range-enhance primers?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I think you ran into a high rr warlock..

At low rr they are pretty cuddly :fluffle:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
There is a 3 second hardcap (iirc) between chambers.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
What they mean is, they can no longer instagib infils who get the PA on them before the CD comes, or heros using EM3 etcetc :(

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I guess they're hoping to get a single spell to whipe out a fg at a time.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Chambers aren't nerfed. Get five chambers and you have two easy kills, get two chambers and you're in trouble, but you can lifetap for low damage and 'low' power!

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
See topic. I hear lots of people (Mids) say 'Warlocks are nerfed, unplayable, class etc'..

I get advice 'lol get capped matter-resists and they dont hurt'. Gladly I got matter-resists capped (26% on SC) and I got 10% additional resists from champlevels. Add AoM2 and thats 36/5% matter-resists, which IMO is still pretty respectable.

* Typical 3-chamber spec WL hits me for 250-300 on the baseline DD and around 400-500 on the lifetap also chambered ---> 800 damage per chamber, having 3 of em == 2400 damage.

* Having 3 chambers means they got atleast the level 29 UI primer, which reduces the damage by 25% (same damage as MoC3) which means minimal lifetap UI will still do 300~damage. Before RA's but having a decent powerpool you can do an additional 5 UI-casts.

Now correct me if Im wrong, but wtf @ nerf and unplayable now ? What more do you want besides thát, fuckloads of utility (mega DoT, PBAE, snare, nearsight), banelord and ofcourse the powerless and range-enhance primers?

they want the insta kil before you see them spell, or most warlocks only have one finger :p

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
this is after their what, third nerf? they are still ridiculess.

the concept of a frontloading mage has completely failed, insta damage = bad. only way to 'fix' the class is to turn it into a regular caster or delete the class. if they cant instakill they can't do anything at all, and instakilling is bad :e

Puppet

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
There is a 3 second hardcap (iirc) between chambers.

Yes, but they can (atleast I think) cast another spell inbetween releasing chamber 1 and 2. They can also open up with a 'normal' spell, then release chamber1, then do the other cast, release chamber 2. In a time-span of approx 3 seconds from me I took the damage of 2 chambers and 2 spells.

Cornakz said:
I think you ran into a high rr warlock..

At low rr they are pretty cuddly

I learned from previous experiences that low RR warlocks aint cuddly either. The concept, as VF said, of instant-damage is lethal at high RR, but at low RR its not much better. Yes, the damages are a tad lower, but in the end its still too much for my char(s) to deal with it. And the UI lifetaps --> Cannot interrupt them, so their lifetap heals em faster then i kill them.

The RR of the warlock i took the numbers from are RR6 (Fanguir). RR6 isnt exceptionally high RR, and easy to obtain nowadays. Without putting any effort in it really, considering the guy has like 'no existent' slash-resists. (is after my champ-weapon slash debuff, before that its like 2% or 3% (prolly racial bonus)).

Ging

Part of the furniture
<arsekiss post of the year>

but, but, but if instakill toons should be deleted then what would u play? :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta love it when a warlock gets mezzed, purges, then gets stunned straight after...

Ahh it does make me chuckle :)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:

and the reason there is many sorc´s is because they get nice robes ? , no its because people vote with their feet.

not gonna pretend to be able to estimate exactly where on caster ranking lock should be listed , but the lock player base obviously found other casters to be more "fun".

now either this is because lock players dont see the possibilities or that other casters indeed are more "fun" , you can choose wich you wanna believe.

maybe the reason there is so few solo tanks is because the armour gets real hot without a speedclass to get some air blowing in the hair ? :)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
2400 dmg in less than 3 seconds is what I face every time I meet a cabalist or wizard on my skald with capped resists, why shouldn't warlocks be allowed to do this? Spiritmasters can also do this, and is an even more sickening class (like the cabalist). All lifetap should be nerfed, yes I'm talking to you sorcerers aswell. In addition to this damage cabalists also have a pet that can kill my berserker on its own. What are tanks supposed to do against classes like these?

I know, I can easily kill the wizard if I get in melee range so their extreme damage is justified. Talking high RR tank vs high RR caster here. But the cabalist camping inside his speedwarp and powertrap with his ML9 pet and crystal titan I can't kill even when I bring 2 high rr tanks with me and even a rr10+ BD. A warlock is required to be able to touch him, if he uses his tools right, nearsight from high range etc.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
this is after their what, third nerf? they are still ridiculess.

the concept of a frontloading mage has completely failed, insta damage = bad. only way to 'fix' the class is to turn it into a regular caster or delete the class. if they cant instakill they can't do anything at all, and instakilling is bad :e

How can you say only warlocks can frontload? I'll let you knwo what basicly any caster in alb can frontload that amount for a far longer time than any warlock. And I fear other casters far more than I would fear a warlock.

I'm starting to feel that all caster damage is beyond repair. Capped resists and AoM gets you nowhere.

Casters are not even fragile anymore. Normally I hit casters for less than tanks at times.

And since when does some tanks get a get out of jail-free-card like lifetap and moc3? And then add a lvl 70 pet bashing for 300/hit atleast.

Dr_Evil said:
2400 dmg in less than 3 seconds is what I face every time I meet a cabalist or wizard on my skald with capped resists, why shouldn't warlocks be allowed to do this? Spiritmasters can also do this, and is an even more sickening class (like the cabalist). All lifetap should be nerfed, yes I'm talking to you sorcerers aswell. In addition to this damage cabalists also have a pet that can kill my berserker on its own. What are tanks supposed to do against classes like these?

I know, I can easily kill the wizard if I get in melee range so their extreme damage is justified. Talking high RR tank vs high RR caster here. But the cabalist camping inside his speedwarp and powertrap with his ML9 pet and crystal titan I can't kill even when I bring 2 high rr tanks with me and even a rr10+ BD. A warlock is required to be able to touch him, if he uses his tools right, nearsight from high range etc.

Exactly what I'm on about. Have a rep.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeh true mebbe, but atleast you still stand a chance to interrupt those casters.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i dont have that kinda problem with them as before tbh. Sure a high rr one is still something that will make you sweat a bit before getting it down.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Dr_Evil said:

1 word - interupt!

If a cabalist/sorc has to moc3 the 3 sec dmg goes down 25%

my cabby nukes for 611 (no crit)
assuming i get 1-2 crits with wp5 @ avg 750

= 750 x 2 + 611 = 2111 in 3sec.

wl dmg vs 50% debuff cabby with moc3 3s dmg output = 2400 vs 1583.

Thats ofc just frontload.

Assuming your skald with a wl + heavy tank on assist is running in at mach5, this means the cabby needs to pop his sw (1s), set GT (1s), get his titan up (10s), NS the WL with his grey (25%) Ns, root the heavy tank, root the skald (out of insta range), debuff, + two shot the WL, debuff 5-6 shot the heavy tank (hoping its not BM specced with throw weap) set pet on skald (ml9) and kite.

yea all of us cabbies can do that :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
You all know it. you jsut wont admit it cause instead of whining about casters you roleld one yourselvs. you people who play casters obviously don't care the least about balance. QQ

Ging

Part of the furniture
atos said:
You all know it. you jsut wont admit it cause instead of whining about casters you roleld one yourselvs. you people who play casters obviously don't care the least about balance. QQ

what about those of us that play casters & tanks?

a well played tank can completely fook a caster.

Take Gwal for instance, how ever much i hate to admit it hes the best lighttank on the server atm, uses his bl's well, targeting excellent, uses his positionals well, knows when to pull off, knows his range and most and importantly of all his positional play is superb, he reads fights well and obviously listenes to his team8's. Iv'e played against him where he has single handely turned a fg fight.

1 vs 1 i'd be happy to pit my merc against most casters, obviously moc3 + lt can be used but there are defences that can be used with that (water surface, run through etc. Zoia showed me how to beat a rr8 moccing cabby with his rr2 hero/champ.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
atos said:

Didnt they give Thanes WL like ability's? :p

atos

Fledgling Freddie
And decent caster can fuck several tanks over. There should be no need to have BLs to be able to interupt a caster. What the game has turned into is shit. In the old days you didn't need banelords.

I still think they are overrated. If banelord is overpowered as peopel say, including Mythic. Then what are casters compared to that? You need to hit them with banelord before you even remotely have a chance.

And why should meleers resort to something which shouldnt even be needed?

lt +moc combo is retarded. 30sec on moc is retarded. Castspeed overall is retarded. Interupt code is fucked. All these are caster stuff but utter shit for melee char types.

Remove the hardcap on swingspeed and I recon alot of people would realise the issue. Cause theres no chance in hell runthrough or strafe would be effective. In melee anymore.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
And then some lowlife brings up the fact that I play a thane. Its besides the point.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
After you dismiss peoples arguments simply because they have a caster as one of their characters?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
atos said:

I think you mix up a few things here. Are we talking solo, small group, full group or zerg here? Sure, in a zerg a single tank has nearly no chance versus enemy casters cause as soon as you pop the head out, you're being assisted down. Same goes for keep fights, where tank life is utter boring if you ask me.

Solo fights depend on timers if you're a mage. The big problem is, that you go down in a few hits, which means that you need MoC, RR5's, ML9, Speedwarp or similar things up to have a chance. On the Mage perspective I could aswell say that charge and IP are totally braking the solo experience cause IP counters the damage I get via my better range. So what now, who's the most OP'd class? Most classes are totally not balanced on a solo perspective, which seems quite obvious if you look at the option to invite other people to form groups.

Then there are the small groups, where abilities are starting to be completed already. In small scales, I think you talk about the combination of op'd ML abilities with class abilities, not casters generally. A small group with sorces or SM's has more or less tanks with them aswell, due to ML9 pets. So here the problem looks more like the ML9 pets in RvR to me.

Now comes fg RvR, where mages aren't THAT uber anymore, especially the initially mentioned Warlocks. Usually you mix a group with mages and tanks for the best outcome.

I don't say the game is perfectly balanced, but I don't think that casters are the masters of all elements.

And if you say that telling you that you're a Thane is besides the point (while it's absolutely not, Thane's are tanks who can actually counter caster range in zerg RvR), then don't tell me that I don't care the least about balance because I rolled an Animist.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
No, I'm saying people are rolling casters instead of fighting for balance. Same thing with warlocks. People knew they were overpowered so they rolled one for the laugh and whine it would generate.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I say both casting speed and damage are out of whack on casters. And those 2caster grps is prolly a dying breed. You can beat the crap out any grp with a castergrp.

Any who would ever dreama bout invitign a warlock to a real grp? Its like inviting a level 40 SM.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
atos said:
I say both casting speed and damage are out of whack on casters. And those 2caster grps is prolly a dying breed. You can beat the crap out any grp with a castergrp.

Any who would ever dreama bout invitign a warlock to a real grp? Its like inviting a level 40 SM.

Thats another reason why that class failed horribly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom