Warlocks...

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Should be banned or get a serious nerf, better than 40% damage reduce and the patch should be ASAFP!

Worse than BD's atm, and thats saying alot imo...

2buttons and its 1000dmg... wow you are so skilled m8s

and this is just not a whine thread at warlocks, but GoA - f*cking think about the class before you put it in eh?

Tbh I wouldn't mind that damage if the spell's had to be cast, but for an instant it's just silly..

Flame on megameights :flame:

A

Aoln

agree, fucking ridiculous class

best is when you get dotted for 250 per tick xd

Asysh_pryd

Fledgling Freddie
Quite amusing to watch them duel though I'd assume.

Something like the opposite of the pally 35min skiffles :p

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
instant 1000 dmg is gimped warlock

saw in cammlan , toa´d warlocks instant hiting for 1800.

This char was created for clients from 7 yearls old to 12. All people have the rights to kill in a game.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
you mean mythic not GoA goa dusnt make the game they just host and run the service for the europe and have no say about changeing the game. if you wanna QQ at companys atlest know what the fuck your talking about. I agree with you alot of childs play warlocks > Starf etc and are pretty op but look at other classes Banshees(sp?) and vamps etc the list gos on. Its not realy that bad and the other classic classes are slowly being nerfed out.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
Should be banned or get a serious nerf, better than 40% damage reduce and the patch should be ASAFP!

Worse than BD's atm, and thats saying alot imo...

2buttons and its 1000dmg... wow you are so skilled m8s

and this is just not a whine thread at warlocks, but GoA - f*cking think about the class before you put it in eh?

Tbh I wouldn't mind that damage if the spell's had to be cast, but for an instant it's just silly..

Flame on megameights :flame:
Goa didn't create warlocks ;p
GimmlyTheDorf said:
you mean mythic not GoA goa dusnt make the game they just host and run the service for the europe and have no say about changeing the game. if you wanna QQ at companys atlest know what the fuck your talking about. I agree with you alot of childs play warlocks > Starf etc and are pretty op but look at other classes Banshees(sp?) and vamps etc the list gos on. Its not realy that bad and the other classic classes are slowly being nerfed out.
Not too impressed by banshees so far tbh. Haven't fought them 1-1 but in fg vs fg they went down before they could do serious dmg.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
GoA - Mythic, same fucking thing tbh! I just play the game , as long as it works I will play it, if i need to know about it I will find out about it. And atm I don't need to know.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Haggus said:
GoA - Mythic, same fucking thing tbh! I just play the game , as long as it works I will play it, if i need to know about it I will find out about it. And atm I don't need to know.
shut up QQing at them then and do some research.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Asysh_pryd said:
Quite amusing to watch them duel though I'd assume.

Something like the opposite of the pally 35min skiffles :p

haha

my max duel with my pally vs other pally was: 56 min and 24 secs.
but now, it;s soooo quick
Traitors for the win

and if both ahvent got traitors, use wignd lvl 10:p and u get even longer 1:p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
GimmlyTheDorf said:

sorry, but can you tell me whats so OP about vamps? :eek7:

Brite

Banned
pikeh said:

they got those things that... look.... um.... like..... umm..... fotmomgm8s they can be shars! OP!

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
pikeh said:

Its a situational OP class..but then thats not so new :) are a few of those around atm. I have little grief with vamp tbh...even have one on exc..and altho I do agree in straight 1v1 melee they r0x(mebbe too much ;))..theyre not excactly a tide turning class in 8v8 or keep humpin ;)

/Dracus

both vamp and bainshee is eaaasy kill for my zerk at least. Me and skal duo'd 6 man hippiegpr with 1 bainshee and 1 vamp+bard, chanter and 2 druid. Easiest thing ever

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Surprising Death said:
both vamp and bainshee is eaaasy kill for my zerk at least. Me and skal duo'd 6 man hippiegpr with 1 bainshee and 1 vamp+bard, chanter and 2 druid. Easiest thing ever
of course you did and of course it was, you're you

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
yea warlocks are stupidly overpowerd, but just get the jump on them and you win really ^^

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
warlocks dont really bother me tbh, they get teh bubbles over their head so you can chose to 2 hit em, (since they are all untemplated gimps atm) or avoid em. Sure when they hit its an insta 1200 dmg (on 26% sists) but they very rarely finish off. Although ill admit it, i ran my shade out to the mid haven (a la brynja) and found myself on the end of instas from 3 warlocks :D

As for bainshees, they are kinda easy to spot too, so if they worry you so much its not hard to dump an assist on one. As for vamps being situational OP. What would you rather 1v1, a Vamp or a BD ? ;)

//edit: cant really be bothered to whine about classes, if i rvr ill prolly just be a tower camping lame rather than run aroudn solo and get molested. or ill run around in a group once a week, and get farmed by maelstrom (could whine about them i spose *cry* lets have maelstrom whine about getting added on when they fight an RR4 fg, cause its well hard for them to win! :p)

Zede

Part of the furniture
warlocks, a great class to attract the counterstrike kiddies, just what daoc needs :)

class requires no skills what so ever, mythic knew very very well they would have to nerf the class, but went ahead anway. Im pretty sure mythic already had the nerfs programmed when the classes were introduced, a class created purely to create hype to hopefuly get mids back to the game, which is a pretty shit way of doing it - piss off 2/3 of the population, grow e-penises for the other 1/3, theirs logic for ya.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
in 1,75 99% will dissapear anyhow when they see that they cant instakill everything. Solo vs Warlock is still hard but just zerg em down, over and over and over again until they just cant stand it anymore. On merc I always go warlock or bainshee first,

but it is funny that ive seen more Whorelocks on Pryd, than I ever did on Merlin, kinda say how much FoTMbandwagoners it actually exist on Mid/Prydwen :>

and mids.. what on earth are you guys doing? I see full groups, running back and forth, back and forth, chasing air.. adding on stealtherfights.. around brynja for hours.. its the most idiotic behaviour I have ever witnessed in DAoC, ever! Can just laugh at it :< Mids used to laugh at albs in OF, but jesus.. Mids are worse now than albs ever was at amgE. Im not fuzzed with the stealthers adding and zerging there since most midstealthers always been assholes, but the groups running around.. haha! whats up with that? :)

what is it around that bridge that is so precious that it need to be roamed around, for hours? :)

/taunt :wub:

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
and mids.. what on earth are you guys doing? I see full groups, running back and forth, back and forth, chasing air.. adding on stealtherfights.. around brynja for hours.. its the most idiotic behaviour I have ever witnessed in DAoC, ever!

you mean it's worse then the two RR8+ hibgroups that run on stick in Odin's Gate?

Maeloch o Co. :puke:

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
On merc I always go warlock or bainshee first

I've encountered such a behaviour several times last week... too bad many of them just didn't notice the hero bodyguarding me. :D

Going after casters allright, but I've seen lots of people just standing there, weapons drawn and doing nothing for more than 10 seconds. ;)

Shike said:
what is it around that bridge that is so precious that it need to be roamed around, for hours? :)

Don't know... but after running around there for an hour or so, they used to do it with more than 3 fgs. Assume that it's the one ring itself.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:

/taunt :wub:

Well most of the time it dont go more then 5 min before there are atleast 1fg hibs/albs running past there, ther are always small groups running around near there so ofc mids just port bled and roam there because hibs and albs groups run there to try and get some easy rps. Saw 1 hib grp constantly running taking the duoers/small groups around odins while all the other real groups were in Alb land. Guess they just cant deal with real grps. That goes for every realm.

Hand on the heart. If you would have constant action 30s away from your keep wouldnt u go there? Or would u take a boat someplace else where its mostly empty?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Pretty funny class. Stun nuked one down to 10%, he got a couple of lucky resists...next thing I insta take 1800hps and he's on 90% hits.

Mostly tho', like bds, they hardly ever get the jump - prolly cos they think they are invunerable and don't have to, insta >> all, or who cares about dying with insta-port back - so stun nuke nuke blah blah. So not that much of a pain.

Again on the plus side, some of the OTT stealther presence seems to have dried up a bit at bryjia since warlock zerg moved in.

And those orbs, they just *scream* INSTA KILL ME FIRST, and will do long after the nerf. The wages of sin, playing a silly class.

Mael, 50th ment.

Quinlan

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:

Since you just got back i'll let you in on teh secret.

It is a secret relic that spawns mucho warlocks and Bd's and other random adds. The odd times Hibernia controlls this relic it spawns alot of animists and vamps also the occasional chanter around that area.

When albion controlls this relic it spawns alot of heretics but due to a bug they are spawned in thid instead of bryna.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I been instant killed on my paladin by a warlock once, nurf 2300hp gone in a flash :( (at that time it was something buggy aswell so they could pretty much release all chambers at once some way) not sure which patch it was, was before nerf atleast

and yes it was on US server

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Labbe said:
you mean it's worse then the two RR8+ hibgroups that run on stick in Odin's Gate?

Maeloch o Co. :puke:

75% of the time /played i've been hanging around that dirty bridge I've been solo and getting zerged by you lot, so less lip from you!

Mael, 50th ment.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks ARE overpowered but the arguments are just silly...

Maeloch said:
Pretty funny class. Stun nuked one down to 10%, he got a couple of lucky resists...next thing I insta take 1800hps and he's on 90% hits.

Mostly tho', like bds, they hardly ever get the jump - prolly cos they think they are invunerable and don't have to, insta >> all, or who cares about dying with insta-port back - so stun nuke nuke blah blah. So not that much of a pain.

Again on the plus side, some of the OTT stealther presence seems to have dried up a bit at bryjia since warlock zerg moved in.

And those orbs, they just *scream* INSTA KILL ME FIRST, and will do long after the nerf. The wages of sin, playing a silly class.

Mael, 50th ment.

Ofc every normal player in all realms would agree that they are overpowerd and heavily so too. But some of the arguments are just silly...

Like this one...

I stun, nuke till 10 % lucky restists and next thing I die (I guess ? with 1800 hp) and he heals.

So if I translate this:
I stun (my oponent cant do anything to defend himself what so ever)
My oponent that cant defend himself goes to 10% of hitpoints still cant defend himself. Aka do nothing. He runs into some horrible luck and my comming nukes gets resisted (nukes mind you not nuke).
My opponen finally gets to defend himself now he gives me my payback...1800 damage and he is at 90% health.

From warlocks perspective:
Baseline stunned, I cant do anything, nuke nuke nuke, now I die...bah...wow I ran into a couple of resists, damn Im luck that happens mabe once every 1000 time...now I get a chance to do the same to him...1800 damage, spread heal. Yeay Im now equally powerful as any hibcaster yaya:)

To be abit serious what I think this post misses is: That what he is claiming is wrong with the warlock is its ability to kill in the same manner as he just described he himself would have killed the said warlock. This is with two exception. The hibcaster would have been at 100% instead of 90% hadnt the resists hit and he would have been able to stun, nuke nuke nuke death another target instantly after instead of going into hiding for 30 seconds or so.

Warlocks are rediculously overpowered and should/will be nerfed. No class in game should be able to instakill any other class. But you cant say that warlocks are overpowered and in the same sentance claim that hibcasters baselinestun isnt the exact same thing. Its just a matter of how you die. Standing stunned not beeing able to run for safty and dying within 2.1 seconds and kill a new one within 0,1 seconds, or dying with 0.1 seconds not beeing able to do anything and waiting for 30 seconds before beeing able to kill another target.

A valid argument would have been: 'They are overpowered because they can kill players without giving them a chance to defend themselves'...but then again thats prolly a door that hibbies really dont want to open!:)

/charmangle

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I wasn't making any argument, just an oberservation. I couldn't careless they do 1800 damage in 1 sec, would die just as quick from any spec nuker if they get the jump.

Mael, 50th ment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom