Warlocks!

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
So far havent reached big boy RvR over at US.

All I can say that when im sced with lvl 51 items and had resists+friar ones in the leirvik bg and met those 40-44 warlocks. DARN ;p

Its some sick stuff. Insta death all the time all I could do rly was pet the guy and kite like a mofo then he cud 1 shot 3-4 pets it seems

I just bet that many mids that still plays are going to reroll that damn class.

Its insanity at the least and this aint even big boy rvr with toa sc ;p

Wrong forum? sorry if so. but many pryd ppl read this particular forum

Chim

Chimaira said:

All I can say that when im sced with lvl 51 items and had resists+friar ones in the leirvik bg and met those 40-44 warlocks. DARN ;p

Its some sick stuff. Insta death all the time all I could do rly was pet the guy and kite like a mofo then he cud 1 shot 3-4 pets it seems

Chim

thx for encouraging it :p

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Slow exper Chim :p Anyway, there have been shitloads of warlocks on recent ML raids and seen loads of them pop in RvR. They are the new fotm indeed.

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
I will try one and know alot of other that will.

Warlock look like they are OP and I dont like it.Is this how
mythic fix midgard? Giving us 1 op char that will get nerfed later
(i am sure about that) that probably need a nerf. But the history
of mythic nerfing are scary.

I havent tryed a warlock and dont know anyone who have. This is
what i think after reading info on forums.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks are the single target version of 1.70 reaver bombs, shorter recast timer but less people instakilled, and a bug that makes it deadly, same as reavers. The bug is fixed in 1.74, but I think the warlock will be nerfed, and nerfed heavily, anyway.

Did something stopped reavers in bombing during 1.70 ? Don't expect warlock doing differently, even if it's quite likely that GoA will hotfix it if possible, or maybe patch to 1.74 doing nightshifts.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Really need demor active and DIs to handle warlocks, once initial clash is done, they suck arse. I got deaded in 2-3s on my merc by solo warlock since he wasnt demored at that time.

Soloing is laff tho, ding 50, get sum TOAstuff, camp in towers etc, instakill stuff, back off, rebuild chambers, instakill.. rinse and repeat, ding rr10. So easy its laughable. If archers was a pain around keeps etc, you aint met a good warlock, then you'll just say, WTF DID MYTHIC SMOKE THIS TIME!!! ;)

awfully designed class imo, need total rewamp to fit in balancewise. Rest of Cataclasses are easier to deal with, banshee new ZergFotmclass for sure since they do massive aoedamage but suck in FGs. Vamps.. lollers, they itch but not much more really. Old light tanks > Vamps.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Midgard doesn't really need a fix ~~

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ive got DI3 atm, I guess clerics that can will do the same :)

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Warlocks really don't add anything to the petspam issue in PvE.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
cant see how warlock is op'ed in any way.

dl > that friggin class

1vs1, sure, but could say bd is better there?

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
remi said:
cant see how warlock is op'ed in any way.

dl > that friggin class

1vs1, sure, but could say bd is better there?

Remisch the lvl 50 Warlock inc imo :p

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
Heh maybe you are right but mids have cried for a midgrad love patch for ages. Now they got it.
Mids have had two massive love patches already.
The first was the live release of DAoC, the second was SI.
Mythic seem to continually give Midgard insanely strong classes and then have to apply massive nerfs to fix them. Makes me wonder if Mid testers on Pendragon are somehow lying about the effectiveness of new classes so that overpowered classes will make it through testing to live release untouched. Hibs said that Vamps in Catacombs beta were 'a bit sick' and so they got toned down for live release. Warlocks were barely touched in comparison.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh, that's gotta be it. It's a conspiracy between Midgard and Mythic to make Albion feel less-appreciated. Warlocks will inevitably get nerfed, but until that time, we finally have a class that take a sorc down for a change. (And no, I don't feel sorry for Albion or Hibernia).

I wish we'd have gotten a petspam class instead of the warlock, though. Last survey showed that 60ish% of the people would like one. :/

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:

Chim

Sure Warlocks hurt alot when they have all 3 chambers up, but once they use those chambers, they aren't that special.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Mythic seem to continually give Midgard insanely strong classes
All realms got their share. Sorcerers, minstrels, infiltrators had or have their season too ... same for hibs classes. As GoA say, adapt or leave ... 1.70 albs had like 26M lwrp with 2.1K players, we'll see if catacombs mids will be able to do better.

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Mythic seem to continually give Midgard insanely strong classes

I think Bainshees are a lot more annoying than warlocks because Bainshee cone spells, which do huge damage and the radius is just ridiculous, work thru most keep walls (windows etc, can clear whole rooms with this).

Warlock only does huge damage when they have chambers and it takes what? 40 seconds to reload those chambers (3 chambers - 1 primary and 1 secondary spell in each of them), because dex doesn't affect most of the warlock spells,including chambers.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Justicator said:
Sure Warlocks hurt alot when they have all 3 chambers up, but once they use those chambers, they aren't that special.
Warlocks are just plain nasty, in a group they insta kill one of the enemy then just spreadheal and help keep their own group alive. They are public enemy number one, lucky the chambers are a nice neon light saying "kill me, kill me".
Justicator said:
I think Bainshees are a lot more annoying than warlocks because Bainshee cone spells, which do huge damage and the radius is just ridiculous, work thru most keep walls (windows etc, can clear whole rooms with this).
Bansehees are nasty also, especially if Hib ever gets power relics. Tend to try and insure Banshees die first also.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Yeh, that's gotta be it. It's a conspiracy between Midgard and Mythic to make Albion feel less-appreciated. Warlocks will inevitably get nerfed, but until that time, we finally have a class that take a sorc down for a change. (And no, I don't feel sorry for Albion or Hibernia).

I wish we'd have gotten a petspam class instead of the warlock, though. Last survey showed that 60ish% of the people would like one. :/

Where the hell did the idea Sorcs are a wtfpwn class come from? Sure they're a decent balanced class but unkillable? get a grip have you even played DAOC? :eek:

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
Where the hell did the idea Sorcs are a wtfpwn class come from?
From the fact that they had savage-like lwrp, number 1 rvr class from 1.70 till Catacombs largely better than anything else.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Justicator said:

I do think zerg bombing bainshees grps will be just as if not more annoying than reavers bombs were the last patch...all that aoe stuff including aoe bolts, range or cone depending on spec, and no damage fall off on the cones. Throw in VP as one of their ra's on top of that.

I guess you can do that nearly as well wizzies already, but don't really see it for some reason. With the novelty of the new and i reckon u will with bainshees grps.

Mael, 50th metn.

Kraben

Can't get enough of FH
Case said:
Where the hell did the idea Sorcs are a wtfpwn class come from? Sure they're a decent balanced class but unkillable? get a grip have you even played DAOC? :eek:

haha nice one :) :twak:

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Xeanor said:
Remisck the Warlock.....

Oh... behold.... the future!
Need to remove the extra 2 char slots for him, force him to delete an old fotm character :D

remi

Fledgling Freddie
ive decided for Remiskimon you fucking nutters

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Oops!...They did it again
They played with the balance, got lost in the game
Oh baby, baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom