Warlocks!

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Case said:
Where the hell did the idea Sorcs are a wtfpwn class come from? Sure they're a decent balanced class but unkillable? get a grip have you even played DAOC? :eek:

rofl you get a grip :p

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Justicator said:
Sure Warlocks hurt alot when they have all 3 chambers up, but once they use those chambers, they aren't that special.
You're right, then they're down to using uninterruptible 225dd lifetaps, or if they run out of power, and this is really sad and makes me feel really sorry for warlocks - if they're oop they're stuck casting 225 lifetap nukes at 1.72s. Such gimps.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Sparrow said:
You're right, then they're down to using uninterruptible 225dd lifetaps, or if they run out of power, and this is really sad and makes me feel really sorry for warlocks - if they're oop they're stuck casting 225 lifetap nukes at 1.72s. Such gimps.

Oh fukk ;p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
a nice change to warlocks is due it seems (under test on pendragon), a bugfix which will lessen initial damage they do as i understand it.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Case said:
what a constructive reply how about you send the next one you think of to stfu@aol.com and I'll read it carefully taking your critisism onboard :p

Ok I'll try a more constructive approach then! :p

Where the hell did the idea Sorcs are a not wtfpwn class come from? Sure they're a overpowered class but balanced? get a grip have you even played DAOC?

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Ok I'll try a more constructive approach then! :p

Where the hell did the idea Sorcs are a not wtfpwn class come from? Sure they're a overpowered class but balanced? get a grip have you even played DAOC?

Overpowered how? Cloth wearing caster who gets bolt range mez and a pet, yep nice class imo not OP though.

Part of the reason the top sorc's have so many RP's is because no one else wants to play a Sorc so the same people are stuck playing sorc over and over.

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
Part of the reason the top sorc's have so many RP's is because no one else wants to play a Sorc so the same people are stuck playing sorc over and over.
Haha. Ahaha. Ahahahahhahhahahahahahahaaaaa.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
a nice change to warlocks is due it seems (under test on pendragon), a bugfix which will lessen initial damage they do as i understand it.
Don't think it will reading testing results. The change (a bug fix) stops them casting primers and moving then casting secondary spells. This affects Keep fights most where they'd cast a primer, move into view then cast off secondarys.

As for open RvR they still get to /face /primer /secondary /chamber /secondary goes off /chamber.

The stuff we're getting hit with is a 225 delve lifetap matter based.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Case said:
Overpowered how? Cloth wearing caster who gets bolt range mez and a pet, yep nice class imo not OP though.

Ok allow me to elaborate then :p

First of all, being a cloth wearing caster is not a big deal any more - much more damage come from casters anyway, and then they are only around 500 hit points short of other support classes like bard, cleric, shaman etc..

Yes in the past, perhaps, people didn't want to play sorcerer. That's ages ago tho. Now, they are popular, and do well. Because they outperform most classes.

1) Baseline lifetap which is about even to nukes of spec nukers (2.5 speed, lifetaps gets added dmg as well) and gives life back to Sorcerer.
2) Level 50 pet which does insame damage with ML9 (being 6 levels above pet casters (Roga soloed all of ML9 bosses with a ML9 sorc pet ~~)
3) Determination buff
4) RR5 RA that basically makes them immune to melee attacks, with MoC they can still cast.

It's not the only overpowered character in DaoC, but saying it's not overpowered, is just ignorant.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Maleg said:
Don't think it will reading testing results. The change (a bug fix) stops them casting primers and moving then casting secondary spells. This affects Keep fights most where they'd cast a primer, move into view then cast off secondarys.

As for open RvR they still get to /face /primer /secondary /chamber /secondary goes off /chamber.

The stuff we're getting hit with is a 225 delve lifetap matter based.

yea but this will sort the issue with them popping out, instakilling stuff and hiding again and rebuilding. They will prolly instakill stuff, but not as easy.

And its at least a hint of that Mythic have the class under review abit maybe? I hope so anyway.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Yeh, that's gotta be it. It's a conspiracy between Midgard and Mythic to make Albion feel less-appreciated. Warlocks will inevitably get nerfed, but until that time, we finally have a class that take a sorc down for a change. (And no, I don't feel sorry for Albion or Hibernia).

I wish we'd have gotten a petspam class instead of the warlock, though. Last survey showed that 60ish% of the people would like one. :/
And I'm sure that a survey asking people if they'd like their class/realm to be better generally would also get a high number of 'yes' votes. Who's going to vote 'no thanks' to new cool toys?

Raggelll

Fledgling Freddie
sorc overpowerd... yes ofc all casters are OP if you ask me.
but then again im a tank person
bet warlock will be too since all casters are :)
and ill still gonna play my warr even when i can get my hands on a warlock.

my english is to bad to explain how much i dislike all casters in daoc so i wont get to it.

everyone should try play warrior hero armsmen and try rvr hardmode
ye there is a hardmode even for albs. go play armsmen :)

im still playing tank cause i think its fun, not cause its fotm
and since im playing a tank i really really really think the albs spec af buff is unfair. give to all or remove it.

i hit hib tanks for alot more of dmg then alb casters, and thats just wrong.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, first of all DI dosn't help jack shite adn it dosn't kick in fast enough. If I start with a dd+lt combo and immediately unload all chambers on that target when I finish cast, it dosn't matter if it has DI up.

A warlock is awsome in 1on1 I took out a rr10 merc in close combat twice in one day, but I wasted all my power doing it.

2x chambers and 4 perhaps 5 (not very likely) uninteruptable casts is what I can manage to get off in close combat. Alot of people don't have alot of matter resists, which plays a huge part in the whine about warlocks.

Och resist buffed players with capped matter I see damage as low as 80+280~.
But the more regular damage on resistbuffed people are probably around normal spec nuker damage which is like 450~.

BUT, if you don't have any matter resist you might as well start typing release, but on the other hand so would you when meeting a cabby and missing resitance to his primary damage.

Because of the high delve spells on the warlock we see some insane numbers on the nukes, but this is simply because people lack matter resists.Example of the critting dot in PvE ok, I guess this isn't too common but, the dot on warlocks lasts 32sec, and ticks every 4 sec, which means thats the damage/tick 8x. With a crit like this is could be quite devastating.

An example of a lvl 50 vamp with low, but still some resists. This screen was taken when I was 49,5 I think which means I had the last lifetap.

I'll get back with more screens.

PS this one of for you Ucallme US Bob!

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Keep getting internal server error when trying to edit so here is another pic for Ucallme this one of for you gimp :p It isn't a troll like yours tho. US Bob!

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
This is a log from a level 49 Warlock vs a rr7 Cleric (who has 26% matter resists):

[07:13:25] You begin casting a Fixed Cast spell!
[07:13:25] You prepare a secondary spell!
[07:13:26] You cast a Chamber of Minor Fate Spell!
[07:13:26] You cast a Crushing Curse Spell!
[07:13:26] You hit for 286 (-111) damage!
[07:13:26] You cast a Greater Beguiled Hex Spell!
[07:13:26] Bck resists the effect!
[07:13:26] You cast a Fixed Cast Spell!
[07:13:26] You begin casting a Greater Beguiled Hex spell!
[07:13:26] You cast a Greater Beguiled Hex Spell!
[07:13:26] You hit for 538 (-209) damage!
[07:13:26] You cannot absorb any more life.
[07:13:28] You begin casting a Fixed Cast spell!
[07:13:28] You prepare a secondary spell!
[07:13:29] You cast a Chamber of Restraint Spell!
[07:13:29] You cast a Crushing Curse Spell!
[07:13:29] You hit for 296 (-115) damage!
[07:13:29] You cast a Greater Beguiled Hex Spell!
[07:13:29] You hit for 538 (-209) damage!
[07:13:29] You critical hit for an additional 161 damage!
[07:13:29] You cannot absorb any more life.
[07:13:29] You cast a Fixed Cast Spell!
[07:13:29] You begin casting a Greater Beguiled Hex spell!
[07:13:29] You cast a Greater Beguiled Hex Spell!
[07:13:29] You hit for 538 (-209) damage!
[07:13:29] Your duel ends!
[07:13:29] You just killed Bck!

Within 4 seconds he killed a RR7 Cleric with over 2k hp and capped resists and the Cleric even resisted 1 538 damage lifetap.
Yes sure this class is balanced like hell ain't it..

By the way the log come from here.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Case said:
Sorry, but are you an idiot by choice or by birth?

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Wow, impressive ... an afk unbuffed cleric with low resists been killed in four seconds by a caster in a duel. A damn real game-like test, indeed !

My 2+k hps RR6 buffed healer has been killed often by casters duo in 2 seconds - and this with 45-53% magic resists with people healing me.

If you really want to whine, whine about all casters' damage being OP, which is nearer the truth.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Yma said:
Wow, impressive ... an afk unbuffed cleric with low resists been killed in four seconds by a caster in a duel. A damn real game-like test, indeed !

My 2+k hps RR6 buffed healer has been killed often by casters duo in 2 seconds - and this with 45-53% magic resists with people healing me.

If you really want to whine, whine about all casters' damage being OP, which is nearer the truth.

Well obvious you have problems reading as I clearly state he has CAPPED resists and has 2k hp which you can't reach unbuffed i'm affraid.
Also if you get killed by a caster (1 caster not 8 casters assist nuking you) in 2 seconds it's you who need to up your resists.
I have 2+k hp also but if I face a single caster he will not kill me before I reach tower safety unless it's one of those hibs baseline stunners, casters these days do not do the insane damage they did in OF anymore but insta killing a RR7 character (in this case a Cleric) who has everything capped is just plain wrong and as Trollum said DI doesn't help against this so I would gladly see you healing this amount of damage.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
This is a log from a level 49 Warlock vs a rr7 Cleric (who has 26% matter resists):

Andrilyn said:
Well obvious you have problems reading as I clearly state he has CAPPED resists

Aye, capped resists. In the DAoC I play, 26% is subpar magic resist, 50% is capped, 42% is common. That cleric better buff his resists if he want to survive to warlocks, I think it's friars with that resists - my aug healer has a place in rvr groups for more than healing. But then:

http://vnboards.ign.com/Midgard_Warlock_Professions/b22793/81981176/p1

it seems you're not the only one thinking that's "capped".

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Yma said:
Aye, capped resists. In the DAoC I play, 26% is subpar magic resist, 50% is capped, 42% is common. That cleric better buff his resists if he want to survive to warlocks, I think it's friars with that resists - my aug healer has a place in rvr groups for more than healing. But then:

http://vnboards.ign.com/Midgard_Warlock_Professions/b22793/81981176/p1

Capped resist = 26%, that's the normal way of looking at it.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:

On the flipside, I doubt lvl 49 rr1l1 with random gear picked up in housing in 15mins with the money you made from being pled 1-49, and no experience playing the class will be the norm either, eh? ;)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Sure, it won't be the norm - as, unfortunately, finding 26% resist afk rr7 solo clerics to nuke :(

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
If warlock has purge2, it doesn't matter if cleric is afk or active in a good fg? All instas and uninterruptable casts.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know, I don't see it as good in groups ... beside chambers, it lacks normal spells. Uninterruptable casts are stupidly power hungry, while powerless are interruptable ... and the chambers themselves are a sort of big neon sign - kill me first I'm here ! Considering how good are some hib and alb groups here, I don't see big problems for them.

Keeps and sieges, even zerg standoffs ... a different story, totally different. Load chambers, kill, repeat.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
All casters are OP in this game, a tank stand no chance if he gets jumped by a caster. In NF beta before i left i saw alot of 900+ nukes and i had managed to cap all my casting resists, had none meele ones thou :D

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Fafnir said:
All casters are OP in this game, a tank stand no chance if he gets jumped by a caster. In NF beta before i left i saw alot of 900+ nukes and i had managed to cap all my casting resists, had none meele ones thou :D
Not if you play in a decent group and don't run around solo all the time. Our experiences with ToA and NF RvR is that hybrid caster/tank groups seem to do best, certainly better than pure caster groups at least. In fact, your chosen class is quite proficient at suppressing casters, and also has access to the Battlemaster ML path; see the recent thane movie for some very good hints on how to make your (former) class really excel in RvR.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
Aye, capped resists. In the DAoC I play, 26% is subpar magic resist, 50% is capped, 42% is common. That cleric better buff his resists if he want to survive to warlocks, I think it's friars with that resists - my aug healer has a place in rvr groups for more than healing.
Well differs in each realm / server.

Hib's the most common realm where you will get all 6 resistance buffs, Mids also do OK but have seen a few groups dropping a Healer for more DPS (not sure if they're losing an Aug Healer or not). Albs can either run with Pally or Friar without losing too much. Pally is better BG'er plus end regen and has resistance chants (some what limited range and don't say up 100% of time). Friar isn't so great in a BG role but better form of resistance buffs plus secondary healer perhaps (also has ST).

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Sorry, but are you an idiot by choice or by birth?

Being an idiot yourself you'd be the expert on that subject why don't you tell me what you think

As usual the Freddyshouse trolls resort to insults instead of facts

OMFG I'm more l33t than y00!11 y00 must be an 1d1ot11

Have maybe your Real Life Respect Points gone to your head?

Anyway back to the point...good class yes...balanced class yes...overpowered compared to other casters nope, except wizards but everyone knows they suck.

Saying a class is overpowered compared to other casters because it gets a 179 delve base case lifetap and bolt range mez when there are classes out there with comparable and often better abilities is just plain daft Oo they geta pet and can use ML9 on it like OMG!!11

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom