Who do you want us to interview?

C

cjravey

A couple of times I've posted upcoming interviews and it's come across as spamming, (sorry folks) or us being too lazy to think up our own questions; we're actually trying to achieve something like:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/buffy/2003/06/09/4962.shtml

Not that punting questions to a developer has the same cache as TV stars, etc., but questions can be as uber-in-depth as you like. Frank too - we can't e-mail and say 'why did you bother?', because we won't get an answer, but phrase that as 'there's a glut of games like this, what made you choose to add to the roster, and what differentiates it' can be worded in such a way that you'll get a response.

We'd genuinely like to use our GAME employer status to get you the info you want, so - fire away. Who do you want interviewed, and what do you want to know. (Obviously 'that's a hell of a mullet - how did you grow it?' style questions will mostly be chuckled at for comedy value and then ignored).

So, give us a hit list. We'll try our best. And if the publishers say no way, we'll e-mail them this thread; so the less knob gags the better:)

E

ECA

Developers of the biiiig games.

People from id, valve, etc.

C

cjravey

No problem. Post your Valve and id questions here and we'll start pulling strings.

M

mank!

Wij, definitely.

Try and get hold of the CM4 dev team so we can burn them at the cross, ta :)

C

cjravey

By the way, the three best posts will get £10 GAME vouchers each, with a £5 booby prize for the best comedy answer. If Ted taught me anything it's that bribes are a good way of beating the apathy bug.....:) My kind offer ends in three days...

S

Summo

I don't know anyone in the games industry. :mad:

Um... interrrviewww... ask Zipper Interactive or Microsoft if there's ever going to be a Crimson Skies sequel for the PC?

Um...

:(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Sid Meier - Pirates II!
He announced the sequel at this years E3.

Will they kill the old flair by excessive use of "uber" 3D graphics?
How are they going to solve the land based battles?

If I come up with more, I'll edit it in. ;)

T

Trancor

I would ask Valve if there will be a fish stall in HL2. And will you be able to use the gravity gun thingy to slap people with the fish in Multiplayer. ;)

S

Scooba Da Bass

Interview Derek Smark and ask him anything, it'll be garunteed comedy.

N

nath

Ask Carmack if he feels like a pleb spending all that time designing a fantastic new engine for Doom3 only for HL2 to sweep in near the finish line with one that dwarfs it in every way.

C

cjravey

Originally posted by Summo
I don't know anyone in the games industry. :mad:

Um... interrrviewww... ask Zipper Interactive or Microsoft if there's ever going to be a Crimson Skies sequel for the PC?

Um...

:(

No need to name specific folk if you don't want to - just name of the game and the question.

D

Dr_Gonzo

Originally posted by nath
Ask Carmack if he feels like a pleb spending all that time designing a fantastic new engine for Doom3 only for HL2 to sweep in near the finish line with one that dwarfs it in every way.

There could actually be a good question there if you did talk to him. Something along the lines that the doom 3 engine is simply the way the majority of game engines are going to go in the future, but does he feel that the cost of this constant innovation is never having a complete grasp of the engines capabilities.

I'd be interested in interviews with some of those crazy japanese developers, like Fumito Ueda (ico) or Masayoshi Kikuchi (JSR) or Tetsuya Mizuguchi (rez) if you could swing it. I know they're all console guys though, so that's probably not as interesting.

It might be cool to do a load of brit developer interviews, do a week of them or something.

S

SilverHood

get in contact with Ion Storm, and get us info on Thief (3) currently in development :D

Will the game follow on from the 2 earlier games?

If so, how long after does the game take place?

Why was the game counter reset?

Will I see familar characters in my adventures?

Rumours about a free form world, ala GTA3, is this true?

Will there be multiplayer?

Will there be zombies and other undead like in Thief the dark project,

Will there be mechanical monsters, like in theif 2 metal age

Will garreth be the only playable character?

Will the game play day or night? or will there be cycles?

Will there be an rpg skill system?

Will inventory space be limited?

uhm, thats it for now... gimme answers, and I'll forever worship you*

*thats a lie

E

ECA

Ask Romero when the sequel to Daikatana is out bwuhahahahahahahahahahhhahahaha.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by mank!
Wij, definitely.
Seconded, I wanna know what makes wij tick, or if indeed he does tick, in fact I think I just really wanna know what that ticking sound I keep hearing is.....

M

mank!

Originally posted by MYstIC G
Seconded, I wanna know what makes wij tick, or if indeed he does tick, in fact I think I just really wanna know what that ticking sound I keep hearing is.....

it's less of a tick, more of a gentle fap...

M

MYstIC G

Its definatly a tick, or maybe even ticks, ya know I think that might be it, can we please find out if wij has ticks?

W

Wij

If I explained myself I would fall apart.

By the way, I would ask Miyamoto when he realised he was gay.

J

Jonty

Hi there :)

If you were interviewing anyone at id software, I suppose John Carmack is an obvious choice, how about asking: "Given the current climate in which multiplayer modes and user-made modifications are almost the sole reason for the longevity of many games in the first person shooter genre; do you feel that focusing on a graphically superior engine with a strong single player focus was the right decision?"

Or if you were interviewing the guys over at Epic Megagames/Digital Extremes/Atari, how about: "Do you feel that the future of multiplayer first person shooters rests in the more sports-orientated style adopted in the Unreal Tournament 200x series? If so, do you think multiplayer gaming will breakthrough and gain mainstream acceptance by the public at large?"

hehe, well, two questions I'd like answering :)

Kind Regards

Edit ~ Another one, should you ever interview id sofware: "It has been suggested that Doom³ will act as mere showcase for id's new rendering technolgy, and thus attract developers to license the engine. Do you feel that id software could ever move away from the creation of games to focusing solely on the production of rendering technology for third parties? Or do you feel such a distinction is artificial?" Okay, I'll be quiet now :(

N

nath

I still think you should ask carmack what he thinks about the HL2 source engine, and whether he's shitting his pants yet. :D

C

cjravey

Originally posted by Jonty
Hi there :)

Edit ~ Another one, should you ever interview id sofware: "It has been suggested that Doom³ will act as mere showcase for id's new rendering technolgy, and thus attract developers to license the engine. Do you feel that id software could ever move away from the creation of games to focusing solely on the production of rendering technology for third parties? Or do you feel such a distinction is artificial?" Okay, I'll be quiet now :(

Genius stuff. Genius stuff all, keep 'em coming. Being a console pleb, this is the stuff I really do need your help with, guys:)

PS: Miyamoto realised he was gay when i seduced him with my Princess Peach costume. Word.

C

cjravey

Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo
It might be cool to do a load of brit developer interviews, do a week of them or something.

Yeah, a week of Britsoft focussed stuff...? As well as the biggies like Lionhead, give the smaller companies a chance with some focus (and some focus on the shop site too, I know many of u guys may think that site's naff, but some focus and a buy button on there will warm their underdog cockles).

M

mank!

I'd like an interview with the developers of Champ Man and ask them if they're going to make a new version and if it's going to be any good :|

C

cjravey

I met their MD once, he was a nice guy and made a rabbit character out of an airplane napkin. Said he was going to market it as a character...

Anyhoo - champ man is weird. Makes the 'normal' (beer, football, birds) lads turn into gibbering geeks. I fear what it would do to a fellow geek.... Back to the questions....

M

mank!

Originally posted by cjravey
Anyhoo - champ man is weird. Makes the 'normal' (beer, football, birds) lads turn into gibbering geeks. I fear what it would do to a fellow geek.... Back to the questions....

It's the best game ever :p Or it was until CM4, anyhow.

K

kameleon

Interview Lara Croft FFS

Or Milla Jovovitch and get naked pics

Users who are viewing this thread