Who do you want us to interview?

C

cjravey

I've picked some folks to bribe with vouchers. Mail me at cjravey@game.uk.com and I'll get a tenner voucher out to ya. It's SilverHood for his Thief 3 questions (which I'll get off as soon as possible) Jonty, who's Id questions I'll work in if I can wangle a Doom III interview and CaLLous for just sheer obsession.

That's not to say that everyone elses' have been ignored, and by all means keep 'em coming. Comedy award of a fiver goes to Gumbo for suggesting (albeit with cynicism aplenty) that Duke Nukem Forever will be out for Christmas. Ha ha, tee hee, whee bonk.

By the end of today I'll be sending off my questions for Valve, so if anyone has any more...

G

Gef

Originally posted by cjravey
Comedy award of a fiver goes to Gumbo for suggesting (albeit with cynicism aplenty) that Duke Nukem Forever will be out for Christmas. Ha ha, tee hee, whee bonk.

I believed him :(

W

Will

You thought it would be bundled with TFC2 and CS:CZ though, didn't you?;)

F

Flamin_Squirrel

CS2 will probably be out before CS:CZ :eek:

As for anyone interested in F1 games, i recently got F1 Challenge '99-'02 by EA, and its damn good.

W

whipped

Questions for Valve.

Half Life 2
In the E3 videos there were some funky looking war machines (Tripods?). Was the H.G Wells book, War of the Worlds, any inspiration in creating these, or is there something in the storyline that will explain their presence?

What is the weapon called that lets you move objects around? Me and some friends have dubbed it the "Moving things around weapon", so it'd be nice to know.

Have you any plans to update the existing Counter-Strike modification using the HL2 engine, or are you happy with CS:CZ filling the void?

How accessible will the new engine be for mod makers? Is an SDK release planned, or will you settle for simple map and model design tools?

TF2
Obvious one. Any ETA?

Other
Anything else in the works at the moment that you can reveal exclusivley to GAME?

M

moomin

I wouldn't mind knowing how any dev managed to get into the business.

I.e. did they get a job as QA and work up, or get an interview. Did they start their own company and worked from there. Did they compile portfolios of example work.

Etc

that'd be nice

C

cjravey

Originally posted by moomin
I wouldn't mind knowing how any dev managed to get into the business.

I.e. did they get a job as QA and work up, or get an interview. Did they start their own company and worked from there. Did they compile portfolios of example work.

Etc

that'd be nice

I ask anyone I interview 'how did you get into the games industry'. one day intended to do a compilation article of the various routes.... Sometimes I ask if they know a way *out* of the games industry;)

W

whipped

Hod Carrier (const.) 9-32.01. Carries bricks, concrete, mortar, or plaster in a hod to Bricklayers II; Cement Finishers II; Plasterers I; or Stonemasons, climbing ladders and walking along scaffolding when necessary to reach workmen.
Sounds like a good premise for a MMORPG.

"Hey, have you got to Plasterers II yet?"
"Nah, stuck on I"
"Stick at it. When I get to III I get the Artexing skill and my trowel ability will skyrocket"

C

Clowneh!

i have no idea what that is
ok ta whipped man :)

M

moomin

Originally posted by whipped
Sounds like a good premise for a MMORPG.

"Hey, have you got to Plasterers II yet?"
"Nah, stuck on I"
"Stick at it. When I get to III I get the Artexing skill and my trowel ability will skyrocket"

Isn't that a description of the new Star Wars MMORPG??

but you should have said

"At it stick. Artexing skill and trowl skyrocket ability will"

S

Suckerpunch

An interview with Kazunori yamauchi would be good. You could ask him if, considering how much money Sony have made from the previous Gran Turismo games, if they are planning on stumping up for the Ferrari Licence for GT4. I just want an F40 :/

C

cjravey

OK, Valve interview is due back in today - will be up for Friday:) I've only had Callous' addy (unless I've gone barmy) so if anyone else wants their vouchers (see my earlier post) resend it!

M

moomin

Make sure you include howhe got there!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna get into teh games biz and I need to know how

(PS I am NOT willing to sleep with anyone to get into the games biz)

(PPS unless tehy fit seXX0r women)

(PPPS that doesn't include wolfy or wij, with a dress and wig)

Users who are viewing this thread