Who do you want us to interview?

G

Greef

How about an interview with the writer/creator of Elite. Subject could be:
His opinion of the current crop of elite-alike with 1337 (gerrit?) graphics + online games. ie Freelancer, Eve
His opinions on the cuurent games & internet trends.
Does he have any plans for 'Elite 4 online' or something similar?
How big could the scope of the original, seminal idea possibly go?
Would he go for micro-management of your ship ie even deisign one, or be more macro ie choose a ship & just blast her off?
Would he go for a story driven, or mission based game?
What would he think of the possibilities of online play?

Just a thought. :D

G

Greef

Or perhaps the creators of 'Enter the Matrix'.

And why they didn't bother to create a game, just modded max payne?

D

Dr_Gonzo

Originally posted by Greef
How about an interview with the writer/creator of Elite.

The problem with that is that Ian Bell only really makes odd games that are hard to find, while Dave Brabem does ports and console games about dogs.

Also, I figure that game pretty much have to be nice to whoever they are interviewing, so it would be difficult to get through an EtM interview. Teh Perry could probably generate some interesting answers if the interviewer could avoid manage to ask questions without coming off as hopelessly fake ("how does it feel to sell a million units" type questions when everyone knows it's just not very good).

D

Dr_Gonzo

Originally posted by cjravey
Yeah, a week of Britsoft focussed stuff...? As well as the biggies like Lionhead, give the smaller companies a chance with some focus (and some focus on the shop site too, I know many of u guys may think that site's naff, but some focus and a buy button on there will warm their underdog cockles).

Yeah like a couple of biggies, say Rockstar North and Lionhead, and a selection of smaller devs, maybe Splash Damage (definintely splash damage), Lost Toys, Jeff Minter (will unity make any sense whatsoever), Wide Games (why give up on original game development, when there were so many good ideas in Prisoner of War), maybe computer artworks?

O

old.Fweddy

Originally posted by kameleon
Interview Lara Croft FFS

Or Milla Jovovitch and get naked pics

I think this thread reached its peak here.

W

wolfeeh

Console Developers

I think you should put a lot of focus on console developers too, not just PC developers - after all, I would say at least 75%* of the forum users own or have access to a console...

Treasure - Widely acknowledged as the best creators of old-skool scrolling-shooters EVER: why are they not porting some of their past glories to the retro-friendly gameboy advance??? i mean Gunstar Heroes Advance - for godsake, it would sell Billions... or why not work on an original GBA title... their work is perfect for the format.

Square - Any possibility of seeing Final Fantasy 1-6 on GBA?

Nintendo - Are we going to see any first-party GBA games featuring a higher-resolution mode for use with the gamecube gameboy player on TV?

and back to pc developers :-

Westwood - Do they feel as if Generals is a step backward - it looks very spinky surely, but the gameplay mechanics are far behind red alert 2 - it feels a lot less substantial...

whoever-developed-jedi-knight-II - Have you ever thought about a final-fantasy / Soul-Calibur-hybrid lightsabre battle system for the duels/challenges - e.g. two jedi approach each other, challenge is issued and accepted, the view changes (ala final fantasy) to a side on beat-em-up style, with keyboard controls where you fight in the Soul-Calibur-Styleee...

*entirely imaginary statistic

S

Sar

Ask Carmack is he shitting himself over HL2 being released. Because frankly I couldn't be more apathetic about Doom 3. A return to simplistic FPS's? Serious Sam only got away with it because it was a pastiche of Doom.

Ask Broussard where the fuck DNF is (it's starting to turn into the bastard son of Daikatana after a 7 year wait - with HL2 just around the corner what makes him think that DNF will be able to justify the hype and the seemingly interminable wait).

Ask Manning who ate all the pies.

Etc.

(My anticipation for HL2 went up several hundred thousand notches after watching the 600mb GSI demo - one word: Woah!)

C

Cdr

Originally posted by Greef
How about an interview with the writer/creator of Elite. Subject could be:
His opinion of the current crop of elite-alike with 1337 (gerrit?) graphics + online games. ie Freelancer, Eve
His opinions on the cuurent games & internet trends.
Does he have any plans for 'Elite 4 online' or something similar?
How big could the scope of the original, seminal idea possibly go?
Would he go for micro-management of your ship ie even deisign one, or be more macro ie choose a ship & just blast her off?
Would he go for a story driven, or mission based game?
What would he think of the possibilities of online play?

Just a thought. :D

The two people who developed Elite - David Brabem and Ian Bell - unfortunately they had a little falling out, and one wont let the other use the Elite name or develop a new Elite game - I think they are currently in legal battles because David has been wanting to do one for quite some time.

O

old.UKTwister

Tony hawk - does he play his own game?

Codemasters - why do all the players on world champ snooker walk like retards?

geoff crammond - will there be another grand prix game and will it have online play?

that is all

D

Damini

If you interview Lionhead, can you ask them how I can get my pet cow in black and white to poo again?

I disciplined him inappropriately once and he never pooed again :(

I'm interested in the people who write the plots for games, such as the plot lines for the resident evils and other games with linear plot development through out. Spot the writey/non techy lady here.

S

stu

Ask Romero if the money he made from hawking his Ferrari covered the cost of Killcreek's tits.

N

Nozzer

Originally posted by stu
Ask Romero if the money he made from hawking his Ferrari covered the cost of Killcreek's tits.

Beaten. :(

S

Sar

Ask Romero if the money he made from hawking Killcreek's tits (playboy) covered the cost of his new Ferrari.

:p

D

Dr_Gonzo

Originally posted by Damini
I'm interested in the people who write the plots for games, such as the plot lines for the resident evils

George Romero declined to comment :)

C

caLLous

Warning: this reply will bore anyone not fantastically interested in driving sims and, more specifically, replays - but it's been building up inside me since CMR2 was released, so nyeh! :)

Codemasters:
Insane was released (quietly) a couple of years ago and had a fantastic replay system. You could switch cars, view each from about 8 different angles and generally do what you wanted. You could export entire replays to be played internally through the game's engine at your leisure. It was great.

Colin McRae 2 hit the shelves soon after, and the replays were extremely restricted. You could only flick between 2 views (the external angle used whilst driving and the predefined camera positions around each stage) and there was no navigation whatsoever. If I drive a pretty shoddy stage and then pull off a magnificent hairpin yards from the finish line, I want to be able to skip straight to that part, rather than sitting through the first 3-4 minutes of falling-off-the-road shambles.

TOCA Race Driver came in the last couple of months and had a good replay system. There was a semi-comprehensive "remote control" to take care of navigation etc...

Colin McRae 3 is even worse than CMR2! There's no angle changing whatsoever! You're stuck with the cameras placed around the stages and the ones on the car. (Annoyingly, the favourite of the game seems to be the on-the-bonnet view. I played the game in this view, I want to see sweeping external views of well-taken corners and damage taken on the not-so-well-taken ones in the replay.) You can't navigate, and more annoying still, a lot of the predefined camera angles are located behind trees or other obstacles so you can't even see the car! Also, the camera seems to spend half it's time looking for the car. Was this an intended design to heighten feeling of speed and/or excitement? If so, it's entirely unnessecary in my opinion.

So, in short (ha! as if):

These 4 games were released in two pairs (Insane and CMR2 first, then TOCA and CMR3 more recently). There's a pattern of good replay then bad replay in each of the pairs. CMRx, arguably the more hyped of each pair, loses out each time. Why is it that Insane had the most comprehensive system and CMR3 is the most lacking? Surely it should be the other way around, as technologies and time advance?

Don't get me wrong, all of the aforementioned games were fantastic, it's just the replay thing that prompted me to write about 2300 words putting each one down. :)

/rant

Right, this has been my biggest rant ever methinks, and it's written entirely about replays. But it pisses me off, ok? :(

First person to tell me to get out more gets a slap. :eek:

O

old.Fweddy

Do you want me to film you slapping them so you can watch it again from a different angle?

C

caLLous

Yeah, I was writing that motherfucking post! :D

Yeah Fweddy, then I can do all that slow-mo shit and view it from VictimVision (TM) as I slap 'em! :)

M

mookie

Originally posted by old.UKTwister
Tony hawk - does he play his own game?

geoff crammond - will there be another grand prix game and will it have online play?

that is all

yes tony plays his game, and no sort of to GP5 :)
infrogrames are planning GP5, but not with geoff crammond and no official FIA license because sony just got it. bad news for everyone really.

W

whipped

Bump.

Get some interviews with the recently departed Blizzard guys. But not Bill Roper. Everyone seems to have nailed him down. Try and get an exclusive on their new company name.

Suggestion : VivendiSuck Games :D

C

cjravey

Valve interview pending, winners of the vouchers to come tomorrow, when I'm not having a stress-attack:) Thanks for contributing everyone.

C

cjravey

No one has come back... That's why I'm stressed;)

T

TedTheDog

I told kieron he should use stronger glue on those seats but did he listen?

C

cjravey

/me leaves the discussion for fear of being sent to the special room in GAME HQ for disloyal folk;)

G

Gef

Doh think i'm a bit late for this one, but a decent progress report from the people at 3D Realms on the current status of Duke Nukem (taking) Forever.. Would be cool

Users who are viewing this thread