who loves you and who do you love?

T

Testin da Cable

my pet hate of the moment is the F-Secure ssh client for windows. to paraphrase Kez, it's dire. It trancends dire. everything about it is wrong.

I also hate dogs, biking in cold rain, trains and people who offload work on me without as much as a by-your-leave. but right now it's the doze ssh client. that's the worst. yeah. do tell me there are others. we could make a hate-club! lets band together, find happy people...and kill them!!

1tchy trigger

... and people who stop at the top of escalators to have a look around ... and people who stand outside Leicester Sq tube station when it's fucking busy ... *flame off*

I

Insane

my pet hate currently is a group of people in one of the outer offices who dont understand simple things like:

"dont plug in the cheese toastie maker, it blows the power to the building"

worst had to be the following problem, talking them through checking the router and ensuring the orange cable was connected... remote network troubleshooting is so fun! :rolleyes:

<fool on other side of phone>"but i dont like the orange cable, its offencive!"
<me> "hows a network cable offencive?"
<fool> "its sectarian"
<me> "its a network cable, its not whistling the sash or waving bunting about.. plug the cable in or you dont get onto the system"
<fool> "how come every other cables green except for that one then?"
<me> "for quick co-ordination checks for us when we visit"
<fool> "but you never come down to visit"
<me> "we never need to visit because nothings broken"
<fool> "but this is broken!"
<me> "its not broken, you just wont plug in the cable"
<fool> "Because its sectarian"
<me> "if we replaced the orange cable with a blue one, would you be offended"
<fool> "no"
<me> "whys that?"
<fool> "its only a cable"
(this is the point where i realise its hopeless to try and talk sense into the user, and commence to delete all their e-mail in a fit of anger-induced rage)

i just hope i dont have to go do an on-site fix now, and try to explain where their mail went :uhoh:

i suspect most people wont understand this fully tho, the fool was catholic and didnt like anything to do with the colour orange due to its links with protestants in northern ireland.

im sure my days going to get worse in a bit :(

T

Testin da Cable

I also hate NT4. sadly I'm forced to use it. even the most simple of complex operations are beyond it's sheer shiteness :/ as soon as I do anything that remotely taxes the system everything goes into "not responding" phase and I may as well walk down to the server room and code the files in by hand :/

G

GDW

Sounds like a complete arshole Insane......is deleting his email the worst you can do?

I love everything and everyone.

...except when Im grumpy

....you wouldnt like me when im grumpy

1tchy trigger

... and people who insist on using Netscape 4x as their browser ... and anti Microsoft companies that STILL use Lotus Notes ...

D

dysfunction

This thread's title is misleading.

I hate misleading thread titles.

T

Testin da Cable

...and applications on one OS that have output files that aren't compatible with the same bloody app on a different OS...oh, and databases of any kind. evil friggin things :/

W

Wij

Originally posted by 1tchy trigger
... and people who insist on using Netscape 4x as their browser ... and anti Microsoft companies that STILL use Lotus Notes ...

Argh - i h8 lotus notes !!

1tchy trigger

... and clever girlfriends who think they're sooo fucking clever just because they've got a masters from Cambridge ffs ...

P

Panda On Smack

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
my pet hate of the moment is the F-Secure ssh client for windows. to paraphrase Kez, it's dire. It trancends dire. everything about it is wrong.

I use that, its not that bad :)

T

Tom

I hate people who put PVCu doors and windows on their homes because its cheaper than doing things properly.

W

whipped

At the moment my pet peeve has got to be people that send text messages that are spelt in some funky leet speak.

Why can't you just put "Hi, how are you? Do you fancy a drink?"

Rather than what I constantly get with is, "r u rite m8. Wanna drink. gr8 thanx."

Argghhh!!! It really get's on my tits. With predictive texting it must actaully take longer to type in a mesage that you can't fucking read that to type in a sentance in proper English.

I understand that in the old days of mobiles, the amount of letters in a text was limited, but even my old, old phone lets me send at least 600 characters in one text.

Leave the past alone children. It's dark and evil and contains Hitler!

S

Sibanac

Dell powervault !!! bloody thing is broken again and i have to sit here waithing till the replacement parts come. Another 3+ hours overtime

And people who stand still on escalators and block the path so nobody can get past

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by whipped
At the moment my pet peeve has got to be people that send text messages that are spelt in some funky leet speak.

Why can't you just put "Hi, how are you? Do you fancy a drink?"

Rather than what I constantly get with is, "r u rite m8. Wanna drink. gr8 thanx."

Argghhh!!! It really get's on my tits. With predictive texting it must actaully take longer to type in a mesage that you can't fucking read that to type in a sentance in proper English.

I understand that in the old days of mobiles, the amount of letters in a text was limited, but even my old, old phone lets me send at least 600 characters in one text.

Leave the past alone children. It's dark and evil and contains Hitler!

Well for a start not everyone uses predictive text, the point of using "txt speak" is that you can say more and stay within the 160 character allowence.

T

Testin da Cable

Re: Re: who loves you and who do you love?

Originally posted by Panda On Smack
I use that, its not that bad :)

noooooo!!! it's eaten your mind!!11

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by 1tchy trigger
and anti Microsoft companies that STILL use Lotus Notes ...

we use notes ;) a lot easiere and more customable than any equal microsoft solution, running a win2k network though (AD for tehwin :p)

M

mr.Blacky

I really am starting to hate people that are complaining that I am too much on their case, caus they are not doing their job properly..........If you do your job properly I wont be on your case buddy SO DO IT!!.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by mr.Blacky
I really am starting to hate people that are complaining that I am too much on their case, caus they are not doing their job properly..........If you do your job properly I wont be on your case buddy SO DO IT!!.

ooooh!! you're one of them!! :eek:

;)

D

doh_boy

People who stand at the front of the bus even though there are seats available.

People who complain that they've been 'waiting for 10 minutes' when they've barely been waiting 5mins.

People who are really nasty to you one minute and then afterwards apologise saying ' you know how it is'.

People who assume because you are serving them 'you are paid to take abuse'. NO WE'RE FUCKING NOT.

W

Will

People who overtake my bike then stop at a red light 30 metres later. I just have to overtake you again.

Customers.

People who drive with their foglights on because they think it looks cool.

M

mr.Blacky

Yeah its good to do what I do now, get shit from upstairs and piss from down below :(

Oh and another thing I hate is people lying to me, someone wanted the next morning of to bring his mother to the hospital, okay I thought caus having a mother in the hospital is crap. He didn't show up the afternoon so we gave him a call, a woman answers and we asked if he was back from the hospital, she asks (scared) "he is in the hospital what is wrong with my son?" ......ermmm he said he took you to the hospital :rolleyes:

J

Jonaldo

I hate myself.

And others seem quick to join in :mad:

T

Testin da Cable

that's the moment you double-click the "you're fired" macro :)

S

Sir Frizz

Actually, one of my pet hates is on the internet.

One word answers such as abbreviating "Laugh Out Loud" for lol. I wish "net speak" would contract every form of disease on the face of the planet and fuck off.

Oh and i despise the rolleyes smiley.

Real life ones i can't think of on the top of my head, but some that have been said already i agree with. :)

I

Insane

Originally posted by GDW
Sounds like a complete arshole Insane......is deleting his email the worst you can do?

thankfully i didnt have to do an on-site visit (this chairs extremely comfy today with my coffee mug in close reach) as the office "manager" plugged the cable in some time after the phone incident to get his e-mail, but the place is still on my "pet hate" list.
wonder how long until he notices his missing e-mails ;)

I hate lotus notes, and trying to link it to Exchange 5.5 servers to "communicate flawlessly"

i also despise Exchange 2000's inability to show the information you need at the best of times, and its uncanny place of sticking information deep within the bowels of the global address list for users and their mailboxes.
(if you hide the address from the global address list, how the f*** are you supposed to do other stuff on it at a later date! especially when its not listed on any more searches :eek: )

The cost of coffee in Clements, what the heck do they add to it to make it so freaking expensive!?!

also when your starving, and you smell the freshly cooked bread at the dairy cabinet in the supermarket, sudden urge for sandwiches using a fresh baguette! :eek6:

X

xane

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
One word answers such as abbreviating "Laugh Out Loud" for lol. I wish "net speak" would contract every form of disease on the face of the planet and fuck off.

Oh and i despise the rolleyes smiley.

lol :rolleyes:

^
thats an example of what I hate :)

and using the ^ sign too

^
like I did above

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Insane

i also despise Exchange 2000's inability to show the information you need at the best of times, and its uncanny place of sticking information deep within the bowels of the global address list for users and their mailboxes.

I sometimes suspect coders doing this on purpose. In fact, I don't suspect at all. There are secret coder's meetings where they dream up ways to hide information the sysadmin needs for his day-to-day work, and then instruct marketing drones how to describe the product without giving any vital information away.

Users who are viewing this thread