Remedy

Ging

Part of the furniture
Frozodo said:
Sorry bout Steamrolling u last night Afternoon, but u did attack our druid :)... and btw if u ever see me ns then u can go ahead and attack him i always forget to use bloody remedy :D

nps getting steamrollered, happens all the time but u were on MY bridge :) I expect to die when PA'ing a drood who is standing there all lush, juicy and ripe and in a fg, ofc would have helped if i had poisen mezz up on my switched weap. which i then realised was used 2 fights ago...

Ging

Part of the furniture
liloe said:
NS have remedy and albs have 2.5spec points/lvl (<-- check this out m8s, it's another argument you can whine on)

Oh and I also think that it should be possible in some way to win, even if it involves nasty tic-tacs ( I'm saying nasty, not illegal ) =))

ill recode a new style on my inf to shred their armour at the joints so it drops of Zorro style and the NS stands there naked mawhahahahahaaaaa.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Still think Remedy is inferiour to the oldskool 9 sec Dragonfang or the 'Look I 5 shot a paladin with Doublefrost' xD It should also double our damage, then it would be a good payback xDDD

how would u know since u dident even played a stealther back then

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:

you could give puppet an Ion Cannon and he'd still claim NS' are balanced, or rangers need more love :p

Ging

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
Still think Remedy is inferiour to the oldskool 9 sec Dragonfang or the 'Look I 5 shot a paladin with Doublefrost' xD It should also double our damage, then it would be a good payback xDDD

the difference is Dragonfang could be purged, not much u can do against remedy.

illu

Part of the furniture
The only way to beat NS's with Remedy up is Legendary Weaps, dropping a poisonspike, and after 1 or 2 rounds when they have debuffed you, to purge and hope they don't land a stun or re-apply poisons.
Also possibly have /battler2 or /malice2 available. But yep, remedy is a royal pain in the butt, and I specced out of Viper2 to have a bit more MoP which also helps a little.
I've even gone as far as to go to Albland 90% of the time as even though Albs hit hard, they are "easier" than hibs that are RR5+.

Oli - Illu

Ging

Part of the furniture
illu said:
The only way to beat NS's with Remedy up is Legendary Weaps, dropping a poisonspike, and after 1 or 2 rounds when they have debuffed you, to purge and hope they don't land a stun or re-apply poisons.
Also possibly have /battler2 or /malice2 available. But yep, remedy is a royal pain in the butt, and I specced out of Viper2 to have a bit more MoP which also helps a little.
I've even gone as far as to go to Albland 90% of the time as even though Albs hit hard, they are "easier" than hibs that are RR5+.

Oli - Illu

Lgm weap proc's dont land on a target using remedy....... TBH im not even sure battler charge would affect them, ill test it and see.

illu

Part of the furniture
Calaclya said:
Lgm weap proc's dont land on a target using remedy....... TBH im not even sure battler charge would affect them, ill test it and see.

The LGM's are just to take advantage of weaker armour / slightly more damage, and the battler / malice use2 is to make YOU stronger (even though the effect does not happen on them) :>

PS Another alternative is to watch an NS fight if you can, and just attack them 60 seconds after the fight.

Oli - Illu

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
could let the NS know you are there/attack them, then run and hide/vanish..use SL if possible and attack them when SL is about to drop...gaurantee remedy will be down that way.

but on topic i also feel remedy is waaaaay OPed..imo dont nerf the duration or get rid of all together...but the fact that it blocks assasins poisens AND procs is ridiculous..

it would be much fairer if it did one or the other..ie blocked procs from weapons..heaters etc..BUT allowed assasin poisens through....OR blocked assasin poisens, BUT proc were free to go off as normal.

as it is i use it against pretty much every assasin/archer and tank just to avoid heater/malice procs from landing.....assasin poisens can be purged when remedy is down..but procs are ALWAYS a way for the fight to tip either way.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Calaclya said:

Battler works as it counts as a spell, not a proc.
The problem with remedy is that because poisions are coded as procs with 100% chance to go off, sloppy coding by mythic devs meant that remedy stops all procs.
Then again if they coded poisions as something other than procs, using the same rules as melee stuns, castable stuns etc, it would allow them to introduce an immunity period to poisions, something they cannot do currently.

I'd give up IP without a second thought for access to remedy on my ranger.
Poor SB's :(

Ging

Part of the furniture
illu said:
The LGM's are just to take advantage of weaker armour / slightly more damage, and the battler / malice use2 is to make YOU stronger (even though the effect does not happen on them) :>

hmm i was pretty sure that battler effect on YOU as the recipient reduces YOUR absorb by 20. This is a negative effect and can therefore be purged. This is why i wanted to know if battler charge would be counted as a proc and be usless against remedy.

illu said:
PS Another alternative is to watch an NS fight if you can, and just attack them 60 seconds after the fight.

Nah i wont attack an NS/SB just after a fight unless hes got 90% + HP and can put up a fight. Funny when i followed Neffneff into the water after he beat YET ANOTHER inf hes was on about 8% hp, saw me late due to diving and immediatly tried to beat me up, and all i wanted to do was give a /wave and swim on :)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
Funny when i followed Neffneff into the water after he beat YET ANOTHER inf hes was on about 8% hp, saw me late due to diving and immediatly tried to beat me up, and all i wanted to do was give a /wave and swim on :)

yea i thought you we're just after yer RPs for not interfering :) which i have no probs with, as long as im left to the current 1v1 people are more than welcome to collect RPs afterwards if they can.

i was VERY shocked tbh when you left me alone, not something i see everyday, even i would have taken the last 8% and collected the 900 RPs or whatever im worth.

you have come accross to me in a short period as a very honourable player, and i respec you a great deal for it.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
hmm i was pretty sure that battler effect on YOU as the recipient reduces YOUR absorb by 20. This is a negative effect and can therefore be purged. This is why i wanted to know if battler charge would be counted as a proc and be usless against remedy.

It reduces there absorb and increases yours.
While remedy might stop the absorb decrease on them, it shouldn't stop the absorb increase on you.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Neffneff said:
you have come accross to me in a short period as a very honourable player, and i respec you a great deal for it.

Hahahahahahaha - read my sig :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
lol, when u've fought one let me know how u got on.

well from my perspective id rather fight a NS with remedy than an "undebuffed" SB with like 380+ str. (but I dont use poisons)

like i say you have to find a way to win... you only ever see remedy whine posts from shit assasins. The good pipe hitting ones already have adapted.

Ging

Part of the furniture
censi said:
well from my perspective id rather fight a NS with remedy than an "undebuffed" SB with like 380+ str. (but I dont use poisons)

like i say you have to find a way to win... you only ever see remedy whine posts from shit assasins. The good pipe hitting ones already have adapted.

Censi ive made a post about remedy, are u saying im a shit assasin?

mixal

Banned
Just want 1 thing in this game ; givf crush shadowblade.
and see who whine

censi

Can't get enough of FH
that deduction could be a valid conclusion if you accept my statement you quoted....

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
Censi ive made a post about remedy, are u saying im a shit assasin?

Censi said:
that deduction could be a valid conclusion if you accept my statement you quoted....

such friction. make love not war etc. :sex:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
wittor said:

My ranger fought 9sec-Dragonfangers - so dunno why u think I didnt play stealther back then.

Seeing what I, and most other assassins, can do in 9 secs of bashing WITH access to high damage evade-chains, it doesnt take a genious to figure out how 9 sec dragonfang felt. 30 mins purge back then aswell.

And you didnt actually need to play a stealther to see the Shadowzerks. Not to mention most of em where permasprinting through Emain on castable enduranceregen-buffs.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Calaclya said:
the difference is Dragonfang could be purged, not much u can do against remedy.

As said, with Purge on a 30 mins timer during that era its a non-argument.

You can pop Malice /use2 on a Remedy-shade - if he dont use it he's prolly toast.

Ging

Part of the furniture
censi said:

lol censi that all u got? awww how cute :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
You asked me a question I answered it? what more do you want?

Prove me wrong in game and become a decent opponent... but atm you play your inf like a merc, u dont seem to worry about PA just bundle in, and you RvR exclusivly on the first albion bridge into agramon (which is also the sign of someone with no balls or no confidence or both)... It honestly doesnt surprise me that u struggle V remedy. Maybe chat with wittor or elajt or even phibe about how to beat a remedy NS. Christ even denal could give you tips.

PS. If you get time thank the mincer that didnt add while i handed you your ass.

Ging

Part of the furniture
censi said:
You asked me a question I answered it? what more do you want?

Prove me wrong in game and become a decent opponent... but atm you play your inf like a merc, u dont seem to worry about PA just bundle in, and you RvR exclusivly on the first albion bridge into agramon (which is also the sign of someone with no balls or no confidence or both)... It honestly doesnt surprise me that u struggle V remedy. Maybe chat with wittor or elajt or even phibe about how to beat a remedy NS. Christ even denal could give you tips.

I'm back playing my inf seriously after a 1 year break with a new spec and im rusty, ive been back playing for 3 WHOLE days! I dont grp because i cba to spend 40 mins a run looking for my "partner" so i solo. Yes ive spent some time at alb bridge untill i get back into the groove and yes ive had my ass handed to me by remedy NS's.

censi said:
PS. If you get time thank the mincer that didnt add while i handed you your ass.

Yes u handed me my ass - well done - the satisfaction factor must have been immence. Im sure u had a great laugh about it and inside you felt this warm glow that you had exacted revenge for when i steamrolled you.

Keep speaking from ignorance, for it is the path to my victory over you :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
As said, with Purge on a 30 mins timer during that era its a non-argument.

You can pop Malice /use2 on a Remedy-shade - if he dont use it he's prolly toast.

Im thrust with lgm's and only use battler on my back.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Cylian said:
you could give puppet an Ion Cannon and he'd still claim NS' are balanced, or rangers need more love :p

Puppet says the only difference from scouts to rangers, is that scouts have a 9sec stun.

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Calaclya said:
Yes ive spent some time at alb bridge untill i get back into the groove and yes ive had my ass handed to me by remedy NS's.
:)

What about the time you BS'd me when i was moving in an a SB and i was on 80 % HP with no purge up and after the BS chain i turned around and handed you your ass for a hat?

(don't wanna be a dick here, but maybe you need to consider the fact that your rustiness or template might have more influence on the outcome off the fight and be patient)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Theseus said:
What about the time you BS'd me when i was moving in an a SB and i was on 80 % HP with no purge up and after the BS chain i turned around and handed you your ass for a hat?

(don't wanna be a dick here, but maybe you need to consider the fact that your rustiness or template might have more influence on the outcome off the fight and be patient)

new temp now, was using thrusties still wearing my slash temp, whihc i had bodged wiht some rogs to get a little more +thrust :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you aint gonna get back into the groove rvring at alb bridge. all your targets are going to get dropped for you.

neway good to have you back on your inf. hopefully we can have more fights when you derusted.

win or loosing dont matter just nice to have some good fights.

(ps when you are derusted and you take your inf to places like bleed and cruach, you will understand why i was pissed at you for adding. all water under the bridge though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom