Remedy

Ging

Part of the furniture
I fucking hate it. My inf isnt gimped, i dont play "badly" but every time i come up against an NS with remedy up i get torn apart. It got to the point where i will try to activly escape from any proximity where i see a rr5+ NS. I dont mind a close fight and loosing, but to loose because (insert rr5+ ns here) has a WIN ability up pisses me off.

the question is will it ever be addressed? is it even worth discussing? Shoud i drop all env from template and go full melee. The fact that it also prevents not only dot, debuff poisens it also stops any arti/lgm weap proc as well.

I have only jsut started playing my inf again after about 1 years break, got a new template etc and i go out and get my ass handed to me by every rr5 NS there is.

/whine over

discuss.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
yea, sorry bout that.

though to be fair to you, you hit really fookin hard, to me its a hard fight with remedy up and you and another infil out there atm rip me apart 90% of time when its down.

/salute etc

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
u loose at least against rr5 ns.

But me? im loosing against rr2/3. 3 times in a row today. Im gimped, im crying irl. all this years collecting all this rp's, 4 nothing, i wasted my time just 2 find out, i sux. :)

does my post count as a whine? :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Queue 'infs had Dragonfang-of-Win for ages time for you to suffer' :D

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
It all runs in circles of FOTMishness.

SBs were well OP'd b4 LA nerf, NS's were bottom of food chain at same time.

Infs became top of food chain after TOA/LA nerf doing similar dmg that justified SB's nerf. Sbs became bottom of food chain.

Now its changed again with NF. NS's are OP'd with remedy, Infs are 2nd place with horendus melee dmg still and Sbs, well we all know they are bottom of food chain still :(

Adari

Part of the furniture
it will stay for as long as you had dragonfang

kek

Ging

Part of the furniture
Adari said:
it will stay for as long as you had dragonfang

kek

me personally or infs? well i had DF on my inf for about 5 months then i went slash, so ill expect it to be put on a 15 min timer soon shall i?

enjoy it whilst u have it but learn to live w/o it as one day u might not have it when u meet me.

Brite

Banned
trying play a sword hunter without purge because i cant afford it :<

think ill respec :<

Ging

Part of the furniture
well at rr7l7 i would expect to win at least 1 fight against a rr5-7 NS but when they have remedy up it hasnt happened yet and ive fought over 30 fights like that.. I have purge 3 to even the stakes but then ofc my proc from my lgms doesnt land, but then do u save the purge for stun whilst he is 1k hp ahead from his/her dot/debuff? Not much time to make that decision......

And as far as im concerned NS's have never been a "weak" class, sb's yes, after LA they have it hardest, since the DF nerf to 5 sec it bought the assasin classes alot closer but to give an rr5 ability such as this on a 5 min timer is imo a bit too much. Cost me 30 points for purge 3, and after its used both SB/Infs are still at a disadvantage as weap procs mean fuck all as they can be a winner.

But saying all this Neffneff is right i catch him with remedy down then its more likely 70% chance ill win, ofc im 1.6 rr's above him. 5 min rut is a bit much for something so powerfull.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
NS are top of the assasin foodchain (like shrews said its not like infs havent been their). but goods inf will find ways to prevail while the rest get the shit kicked out of them.

Ging

Part of the furniture
censi said:
NS are top of the assasin foodchain (like shrews said its not like infs havent been their). but goods inf will find ways to prevail while the rest get the shit kicked out of them.

lol, when u've fought one let me know how u got on.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
Queue 'infs had Dragonfang-of-Win for ages time for you to suffer' :D

NS was never a bad class.. ( ap3 anyone?! xD )
they had AP3 in the "dragonfang time" wich they removed and gave them remedy so even in the df time they could compete good ;)

tbh if 1 stealth class from ns/inf/sb deserve Remedy then it should be the sb

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
like wittor said, ap then remedy, justified by the good ol' "u had dragonfang pwnpwn amaaagaaaaad". ye like shades didnt have a stunn back then. not that im complainin, infils can beat shades with remedy without difficultys. remedy just tends to "randomize" the fight more.

the class getting remedy shoulda been sbs all along.

Xaranian

Fledgling Freddie
One thing i remember back in the days with my old sb was i could 3 kill a fully buffed necro wich i loved was insane but it was lovely but im glad i got a ns now instead of my sb tho.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Jergiot said:
like wittor said, ap then remedy, justified by the good ol' "u had dragonfang pwnpwn amaaagaaaaad". ye like shades didnt have a stunn back then. not that im complainin, infils can beat shades with remedy without difficultys. remedy just tends to "randomize" the fight more.

Papasan u using lgm's or artis atm?

Agree give SB's some love.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Jergiot said:

NS had a stun, but Dragonfang was 9 seconds (for eons) and NS stun was 5 seconds. 5 minutes Purge + legendaries was the best (indirect) love to SB's given (dont forget the style-reduction arti's which SB can get as only Assassin)

Also get the feeling Remedy wasnt properly tested when it was introduced, it made sense Nightshades needed something to make up for the low STR and CON races. Instead of something remotely balanced (like a self-only +30 STR +30 CON aura) they give something which does nothing against most enemies, and screws assassin vs NS fights.

Still think Remedy is inferiour to the oldskool 9 sec Dragonfang or the 'Look I 5 shot a paladin with Doublefrost' xD It should also double our damage, then it would be a good payback xDDD

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

...by bringing couple friends ? :rolleyes:

Herjulf

Banned
Calaclya said:
I fucking hate it. ......yadda yadda bla bla bla

/whine over

discuss.

Welcome to the world of focus af and pre nerf dragonfang.
feel the burn.

Smärta härdar!!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Give all NSs a race respec while at the same time allowing Celts to become shades (and why not shars as well), then you can take away remedy.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Do as I do, don't fight them as plenty more RP's out for the taking. If you meet one and cannot avoid it do your best as that is all you can do.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Calaclya said:
Tinyging - Mercenary
Ginggi - Sorcerer
Gingy - Cabalist
Afternoon - Infiltrator
<Guardians of Light>

Sorry bout Steamrolling u last night Afternoon, but u did attack our druid :)... and btw if u ever see me ns then u can go ahead and attack him i always forget to use bloody remedy :D

liloe

It's my birthday today!
NS have remedy and albs have 2.5spec points/lvl (<-- check this out m8s, it's another argument you can whine on)

Oh and I also think that it should be possible in some way to win, even if it involves nasty tic-tacs ( I'm saying nasty, not illegal ) =))

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I didn't mind remedy itself as much as I minded inf/sb having a rr5 ability for a totally different usage.. while NS have one that hurts the most for the other two assassins .. while SB at least was most effective vs visible classes that were standing still for X time.

I've stopped playing the game, but that has nothing to do with remedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom