Patch 1.82 C - Remedy Nerf !?

Zahr

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
a solo reaver has more hp, af, abs(and probably ip) than a wiz.

and only a warlock can kill a 2500 hp tank in 1 sec, the average caster can`t.

a stealher was ALREADY able to kill me in 1 sec. (more or less)

In 1 sec????? how?

Only 2 spells in one chamber and they can never ever hit u 4 2500 hp...

Farmacistu

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
so many people don't understand that PA does virtually NO damage on anyone with proper equipment.

the str/con debuff is applied after the PA damage has been done, reducing their max hitpoints, effectively negating all the damage PA has done. an example:

random mincer has 2000 hp
you PA random mincer for 500 damage and he has 1500 hp left
str/con debuff lands reducing his max hp to 1500

pa dmg = 0, an unstyled hit would have reduced his HP to 1500 just like PA did.

only advantage is CD stun which is easily avoided if you sprint or strafe a bit

Culd have not said it better , Vanish well it suks big time 5 points spent and your chance to live is 50% considering the capped casting speed and sl on almost every char so imo just made my character weaker .
Brittles have always been a problem for asasins glad to hear bit bout the nerf.
Definitely agree with muyla wiz needs bit of a secondary form of cc even if low duration root just wont cut it .

Shatter

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Ogen said:
pft, less nerfing casters! well ok nerf warcocks and bains :p
Altho brittle guards seems allmoust pointless now imho. Assist train takes what, 1 sec to get em down? And now useless vs assasins to:(

Besides that, it seems like a lovely patch, finally some friar/thane/warden love!

Might even consider rolling a friar now, if this means they will be more group friendly

Poor bastard u dont really need brittle guard to add on everything :m00:

As for the patch it looks nice i can say i like it :) Remedy change looks ok tbh the way it should have been from the start.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
More minstrel solo loveing imo;)

Nice patch altho imo friars and wardens didnt need love and they didnt get much either. thane love seems kinda cool, such a nuker now:)

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Valgyr said:
More minstrel solo loveing imo;)

Nice patch altho imo friars and wardens didnt need love and they didnt get much either. thane love seems kinda cool, such a nuker now:)

More love for iwinstrels? u dont have enough? :eek7:

Ging

Part of the furniture
Minstrel said:
As for the patch it looks nice i can say i like it :) Remedy change looks ok tbh the way it should have been from the start.

yea, might bring my LGM weilding bitch out more often now :)

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
gr8 patch:D

I totally agree to the dmg add on assassins, since it is silly how OP casters can be in a 1v1 on a stlther! if a stlther would land a PA chain, the target caster should die! regardless!

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Zahr said:
In 1 sec????? how?

Only 2 spells in one chamber and they can never ever hit u 4 2500 hp...

chamber + uniteruptabel ........................pwned

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
from what i remember, mages with slow cast speed uncovered me more often then those with fast cast speed when i used vanish. its been forever since i had vanish tho, so i might remember wrong :p

Herjulf

Banned
Muylaetrix said:
how many solo ice wizards do you see running around ?? lmao

The same things goes for PA + CD chain.
Any caster knows if you keep running the CD will never go in.
LAG.

I welcome this uptune to Assasains in general, and Archers will get some of the same love in their critshot.

There have been so many counters to the stealther community.
20000, Bladeturn blocking CD. PN, Traps, Stealthguards, MoS, Stealthlore with DR aviable to any caster. the list goes on.
A assasain and also archer have to do alot of work to get in that PERFECT angle or a immobile target in LoS to be able to strike.

What this patch does in bringing assasains back into the assasination business.
Remember that this only works with from stealth styles. suck as Backstab or PA.
If they miss the PA you still have 2+ brittles after the patch. and bladeturn absorbd the 3rd hit, if u havent rooted him in those 5-6secs? you can go home.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
bainshee nerf: for me it seems the developers have finally admitted that they have no clue how to fix the LOS issue of non targetted spells like CAE - adding fall off is just a cheesy way of fixing the problem (and it actually won't do much - if you are inside the frontal 45° arc the bainshee will still hit you from a different floor)

warlock nerf: is a joke; people fail to realise that the massive frontloading is not the only problem - it's the high damage combined with the crazy range. 5 second chamber recast timer and removal of banelord would be a good start.

assassins: no care really - a lifetap moc caster will still kill them; so will any of the instaskill mages (warlock, bonedancer); but yes they can now kill the likes of wizards, runemasters etc with one hand tied to the back - a change that was really needed!

wardens/friars: ok changes although in all honesty i dont think that a 25% chance of a 100 point group heal will do any good in a 8vs8 or even in a zerg fight - nice for soloing i guess (fear all those solo wardens!)

thanes: extended spell ranges - not sure what i should make of this... i dont like the 1650 range insta dd though - especially midgard shouldn't have even more (or in this case better) instant interrupts

nice patch at first glance but the real issues haven't been addressed:
- ml9 pets being too strong
- lifetaps generally being too strong
- stormlord being generally useless (at least arching power is insta cast now)
- too many instant interrupts through the banelord line
- bonedancer and warlock for being completely f***** up classes

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Garbannoch said:
especially midgard shouldn't have even more (or in this case better) instant interrupts

why u say that? :p mids have many instant ? first time i hear it ;)

imo we need a big nerf patch but this would make several ppl to leave the game because they r not so overpowered. I had a friend berserker in si after left axe nerf he said that the game was dull pffff gimp overpowered that think that all must die with 1 hit from a melle tank

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Chim even I feel that you're talking bullshiit and I played a damn caster as a main character :p

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Bainshe's don't need a nerf the only thing that is wrong with it is the bridge/tower abuse through walls. They should have solved that problem instead!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Bondoila said:
Bainshe's don't need a nerf the only thing that is wrong with it is the bridge/tower abuse through walls. They should have solved that problem instead!

Fix the bridge/tower abuse.

Stick the taunt on a 15-30second timer (if it only for pulling as was stated then it only needs to be up as often as a friars!)

At that they are fairly balanced, but making the cone similar to other aoe spells by giving a fall off is a good idea to a degree

Herjulf

Banned
Muylaetrix said:
a solo reaver has more hp, af, abs(and probably ip) than a wiz.

and only a warlock can kill a 2500 hp tank in 1 sec, the average caster can`t.

a stealher was ALREADY able to kill me in 1 sec. (more or less)

WL usually runs out of power 2 times trying to take a heavy tank out.
I usually do around 189+370 at the very most with a chamber on a "RR5" tank class.
Lifetap after that 370.
As it stands now, on a TANK note TANK not hybrids/stealthers or casters.

I do 560:ish on chamber 1
370 lifetap
560:ish chamber 2

Thats 1490 dmg in about 2.7 seconds. (unint casttime included) and 30% of my power is gone.
That saying the tank is solo, before tank is sub 40% he is healed up and im OOP.

Casters and most stealthers on the other hand.
Generally have less HP and go down faster, thats the thing with WL. The casters worlds one target "assasain".
Strike and get out, thats the design idea of the class also.

This patch will be ok, i play WL and as that 1 sec will do ALOT when it comes to target survivability.
I cannot however deny that WL due to the "assasain" ish design, is in its own way overpowered.
But do remember that WL have no endurance, whilst other casters can dish out their damage for quite a while.
WL do its thing and is oop.

3sec recast on chambers should be a hefty impact on the OP status.
But should be a good change.

But to weight matters against eachother in 3 secs.
a sorc dash out 1800 damage on my warlock. with capped body.
And sorc capping @ 1 sec casttime. (600dmg/nuke, crits not counted)

After pathc WL will do 1490 in 3.7 secs. if using one unint lifete in between chambers.
more WL´s will start using 2 unint´s between chambers, lowering battle endurance even more.

Vilje

Fledgling Freddie
Nice patch imo =) But I'm not sure that I agree on these assasin changes ( I agree that changes was needed, but not on how they are going to be done ).

Brittles does need some kind of nerf, but making PA harder + making it hit through bladeturn AND x numbers of brittles seems a bit over-the-top. If it works the way it seems, then they might as well give assasins a "finger of death spell" vs casters.

I mean, I already know what it is like to be PA'ed w/o brittles and such up ( Insta death, don't even think about qc root ). But hey, lets wait and see what its like, you never know =)

To you guys saying that casters should have no chance if an assasin gets PA in: Why should it be like that? I can agree it should be very hard to win after PA, but not downright impossible. Especially when getting a PA in is going to be damn much easier. Is it not balance we seek?

Now there is a lot of casters-classes that will have it worse than me ( sm pet ), but I guess we will see a lot more of this:

Attachments

• Instadeath.jpg
    Instadeath.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 74

Crocky

Banned
Vodkafairy said:
so many people don't understand that PA does virtually NO damage on anyone with proper equipment.

the str/con debuff is applied after the PA damage has been done, reducing their max hitpoints, effectively negating all the damage PA has done. an example:

random mincer has 2000 hp
you PA random mincer for 500 damage and he has 1500 hp left
str/con debuff lands reducing his max hp to 1500

pa dmg = 0, an unstyled hit would have reduced his HP to 1500 just like PA did.

only advantage is CD stun which is easily avoided if you sprint or strafe a bit

which is only true when PA dmg < con debuff.

Crocky

Banned
Herjulf said:
And sorc capping @ 1 sec casttime. (600dmg/nuke, crits not counted)

ye all sorcers have 410+ dex and nuke for 600 damage with lifetap on the most common(capped) resist in rvr.

get a clue.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Fix the bridge/tower abuse.

Stick the taunt on a 15-30second timer (if it only for pulling as was stated then it only needs to be up as often as a friars!)

At that they are fairly balanced, but making the cone similar to other aoe spells by giving a fall off is a good idea to a degree
Bainshe needs the taunt(15-30 lol), he got no base stun as other hib casters. He got no debuffs nearsight etc. I think it's a fairly balanced class.

Zahr

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
chamber + uniteruptabel ........................pwned

still not 1 sec to do that.......and chamber + uniteruptable never ever do 2500 in one sec......

Brite

Banned
Bondoila said:
Bainshe needs the taunt(15-30 lol), he got no base stun as other hib casters. He got no debuffs nearsight etc. I think it's a fairly balanced class.

not really when one bainshee can stand out of harms way and spam taunt til his hearts content and interupt most of a group, but if im gonna be playing hib ill shut up about it :p

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
not really when one bainshee can stand out of harms way and spam taunt til his hearts content and interupt most of a group, but if im gonna be playing hib ill shut up about it :p

Ye brite bainshee taunt is a OP way to interupt, HI to u mr banelord caster with 2 instas on 4 sec timers and pets and nukes:p

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
the bottom line is that caster are supposed to die to assassins if they get the PA in. Whining about the fact that this will now actually happen again (after 2 years of toa unbalance in the foodchain) is just stupid. You will need to accept the fact that this is how the game was like when it started, and they are bringing it back to its original plan.

For ppl that didnt play before toa: HAVE IT !!!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Herjulf said:
WL usually runs out of power 2 times trying to take a heavy tank out.

You do know that 30% delve != 30% of your power bar? it's actually 30% of an unmodified by piety/%power pool cost...

so it's more like 20% or 15% of your power.

You might be right about your damage come 1.81 if you're trying to take down a heavy tank with their 50% resist buff active.... but it's not the case now. You have heard of +% damage from toa and spell piercing?

If the friar love was a bit more impressive we might see a few more people running with matter resist buffs...

(like the thane love - gifv that to smite! 2.4s casting range 1700 nuke? who cares about the damage, 1650 range insta? not to mention an aoe nuke with more range, radius and delve damage than a fire wizard's spec aoe... won't be so deadly given they have no acuity buffs but that's still pretty good - want one! :D)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
how am i supposed to cope with stealhers now as an ice wiz ?

Not? What makes you think you should have any chance when someone, who's *ALL* about 1vs1, with a class which is designed to work in a group. Sorry, but you should loose the majority of encounters

ANY stealher can now attack a wiz without any risk whatsoever.

You mean thats bad? Still, with MOC+PBAE you might actually kill him before he kills you if he doesnt land PA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom