I hate Mezz in RvR.

A

Arnor

it stops tanks indirectly, because with their support mezzed they wont last long against pb-trap or whatever ;)

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by vintervargen
having one spell that almost can decide wether a fight is won or lost is pretty ghey imo.

elesias, cant you just fo if u got nuthing else to say?
nope

and im not postfarming, im just doing this cause retards actually get agitated over a forum xD

stfu newbs QQ

Z

zmurf

but do you think rvr could be better without it? :)

I find the CC part of the game VERY fun ... removing it would ruin rvr, imo ...

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Eleasias
and im not postfarming, im just doing this cause retards actually get agitated over a forum xD

i stand corrected ... :)

M

Merl

I agree with u on this one, but the problem is that if u removed mez alot of classes would have major problems, mainly casters and healers.
I have problems enough now with tanks going right for me at the start of a fight with no Mez it would be a nightmare. But then it is also very annoying to spend the whole fight standing there like a lemon.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Arnor
it stops tanks indirectly, because with their support mezzed they wont last long against pb-trap or whatever ;)

say that to that /assisting mid guild.. whats the name.. the blue and yellow cloaks.. :mad:

A

Arnor

Originally posted by zmurf
shaman > none moc'd pbaoe 'trap'

not if your mezzzed my blue little friend :)

blue&yellow guild? avatares del tyr? :p (or whatever they were called)

V

vintervargen

I find the CC part of the game VERY fun ... removing it would ruin rvr, imo ...

there would still me ae root / snare / stun.

i remember IG having a few fights with that group you were in in odins this weekend, GP was used most times, and we both had pbaoers/casters, those fight were long.. and imo fun. maybe you like mez + /assist = fight over in 10 sek better :/

Z

zmurf

Actually i don't like the 10 sec fight's, those i might aswell be afk for, but i love fg fight's vs the BF guy's they sure know how to put up a fight, and mezz is #1 CC and after that, or after purged used u use stun/root/disease/snare so that can't get purged etc ... remove mezz = remove 'utility' = remove fun ... :/

Z

zmurf

not if your mezzzed my blue little friend :)

blue&yellow guild? avatares del tyr? :p (or whatever they were called)

giff shaman's determ ;)

Avatares del tyr, wow did they like exist for max 5days or so ? havent seem em after the first week i saw em i think ...

T

Trubble

no offense taken, just think's mezz is to big a part of the game (by now) to ever change it so drastically by removing it completly ...

Why is that? Because you allready got a team thats build to resists mez running with lots of tanks with determ IV and cheap purge?

I think its possible to remove AE mez and AE stun and compensate to the casters who lost it. Give them some pve defence or make AE mez/stun still work against mobs.

The game has been through much hugher changes than this would be.

V

vintervargen

Actually i don't like the 10 sec fight's, those i might aswell be afk for, but i love fg fight's vs the BF guy's they sure know how to put up a fight, and mezz is #1 CC and after that, or after purged used u use stun/root/disease/snare so that can't get purged etc ... remove mezz = remove 'utility' = remove fun ... :/

well, remove ae mez and you can begin to use ae root, ae snare, ae dd, nearsight, bolts, thane dd's :)D), ae dot etc, the list goes on. suddenly cave specced shammys, thanes, mentalists, animists and casters in general, hell even archers would be more welcome in group. and you cant say that is bad or i will do bad things to you ;)

W

wid_caedes

I'm surprised nobody has even mentioned instas oO

imo crowd control gives a nice feature to RvR combat, although insta cc, imo sort of sucks donkey dingles. Without instas cc, the groups would have a fair chance to either not get mezzed at all, or you'll at least have more time to spread.
So leave cc in game, but remove insta cc

Just my opinion though ;-)

Cheers :)

T

Trubble

no it wouldnt, w/o mezz casters would be even more fodder then they are now

Not true.

The people who are mezzed are the casters/support and the newbies. High RR tanks wont be mezzed. What mezz does is immobilizing one of the teams support, so the other team can rip them apart with tank assist.

Mez does not hurt tanks these days - in some ironically way it makes it easier to be tank, cause all the important support classes will be lined up for slaughtering real easy when they are mezzed.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Trubble
Why is that? Because you allready got a team thats build to resists mez running with lots of tanks with determ IV and cheap purge?

Got nothing to do with our group setup, if they change it we will addapt, but seriously doubt they ever will, cause as i said, imo, it has become a to big part of the game ...

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Trubble
Not true.

The people who are mezzed are the casters/support and the newbies. High RR tanks wont be mezzed. What mezz does is immobilizing one of the teams support, so the other team can rip them apart with tank assist.

Mez does not hurt tanks these days - in some ironically way it makes it easier to be tank, cause all the important support classes will be lined up for slaughtering real easy when they are mezzed.

umm, like read the post below the one you quoted, and castable mezz still lasts 20ish secs on tanks, which is nuff to take out a couple with nice assist-debuff-nuking.

V

vintervargen

umm, like read the post below the one you quoted, and castable mezz still lasts 20ish secs on tanks, which is nuff to take out a couple with nice assist-debuff-nuking.

sometimes yes, but mostly that aint the truth, and you know it ;)

T

Trubble

Oh but in the instance that the tank actually got hit by a PURPLE mez icon he will have a 4 point purge to use....

Also I think Sub once made a calculation showing that you will be mezzed 11-12 seconds if you had determ IV + good resists and was mezzed by the biggest sorcerer mez? Actually he was using this as an argument to encourage all tanks to get determ IV.

Should someone who is not a sorc/bard dare to mez you, you will be laughing all the way to bank while collecting your RP.

The winner these days is usually a combination of having the team with the strongest tanks and the best CC to mez opponents casters/support. Mez is not the tank foe these days, its the caster/support foe.

Z

zmurf

Determ 5, aom2, sc gear (crap feature), group resist > cc, but still cc is just to fun to remove ...

V

vintervargen

Determ 5, aom2, sc gear (crap feature), group resist > cc, but still cc is just to fun to remove ...

fun for tank groups that have str relics and 2shot about everyone, true

K

Karlo

Mez is an intergral part of this game.

Without it, as has been stated we woul dbe playing a simple hack and slash.

Casters would die almost instantly wihtout CC, this can also be argued the other way, without having the ablity to mez casters you could root all tanks and aoe them all to death with a ful caster group ^^

Mez is vital, its stun that causes the problems. AOE stun that is.

F

fl_gorre

:ROFLMAO:
lets remove dd spells and weapons as well and then emo each other to dead

go back to scool!

T

Trubble

Originally posted by Karlo
Casters would die almost instantly wihtout CC, this can also be argued the other way, without having the ablity to mez casters you could root all tanks and aoe them all to death with a ful caster group ^^

But Karlo, the point is that CC doesnt work against tanks. So with or without CC the tanks will still roll over your sorc.

I think they should remove AE CC spells entirely and give the casters something back in return to compensate, maybe some melee resistant spell that takes a certain amount of melee damage before caster get hurts or something. They can leave the AE CC for pve since its so important there.

Also Mythic has stated that they are working on a better way for tanks to protect their casters, which is also something I think should be developped more.

V

vintervargen

Mez is an intergral part of this game.

Without it, as has been stated we woul dbe playing a simple hack and slash.

if you check rvr atm, who is the killers? its not the fucking casters now is it.

Originally posted by fl_gorre
lets remove dd spells and weapons as well and then emo each other to dead

go back to scool!

1. read the posts

2. use your brain, aka think about it before posting

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by heilel
Well, there's a surprise, a valid topic to debate turned into receiving abusive answers here.

Well, just drop the subject then. CYA.

It was hardly an abusive answer. Just because he disagrees with you, you think it's abusive?
He's right though. This game without crowd control would be laughable.

K

Karlo

if you check rvr atm, who is the killers? its not the fucking casters now is it.

Read my post again ^^

I didn't say that the casters are the out and out killers, but imagine what it would be like for them with no CC at all.

They get killed quick enough as it is with CC. CC will always slow the enemy down to some extent, weather its purged or not, giving a tiny fragment of thinking time.

This thinking time is whats needed to asses the situation, and at the same time it does give tanks a chance to grab there targets and for the casters to assist.

Yes Mellee classes are the definate killers ATM, and thats down to numerous realm abilities etc, but that doesn't meen casters are useless by any meens. However, they would be if there was no such thing as CC in the game ^^

V

vintervargen

I didn't say that the casters are the out and out killers, but imagine what it would be like for them with no CC at all.

still, read again. we are talking about no ae mez. ae root, ae snare and disease still works.

and if i would imagine how it could be for a caster without any CC, well they would finally get an advantage of ranged attacks.

nuke/snare/nearsight/run etc

K

Karlo

understandable, but I believe this game would fall in playability if mez was removed.

I remember having this argument not long after the game was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom