Bolt range mezz vs Insta mezz

D

Divinia

sorry nerf me, i did a very bad calculation not taking cap into it ;) w/o cap it would be nearly 2k tho ;)

E

-evull-

Originally posted by asel
you want speed eh?

try something called

SPEED OF SOUND

For ??
I can put SOS but when is finished i m mezzed or stunned or rooted.
You cant do nothing when you are mezzed only to run if sos is running
And you cant escape from a FG mid whit speed 6 coz they can figth whit speed and i have sos .
Play a mincer fisrt before to talk plz

try the button named

q u o t e

:p

M

mastade

you got insta mezz.. imo, respec all your bbs to Smite and go INSTAMEZZ alles!!!

E

-Enjoy-

Originally posted by mastade
you got insta mezz.. imo, respec all your bbs to Smite and go INSTAMEZZ alles!!!

good range om pb mezz tbh ;)

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Divinia
sorry nerf me, i did a very bad calculation not taking cap into it ;) w/o cap it would be nearly 2k tho ;)

dood, atleast try to write correctly x)

J

Javai

Very slight change of topic but why do Hibs insist on hitting inst amnesia when they jump you from behind? All it does it tell us you're there if we running with our backs to you you can be pretty sure we aren't casting at you :)

E

Event

Insta mez is mainly a defensive spell - it is mostly used as a last resort if mids are barrelling towards you at spd6 at close range, if you are jumped and have no alternative, or to try slow down an assist train.

It was given to bards when they asked for some kind of defence and to compensate, sorcs were given bolt range mezz which they hadn't asked for.

It is on the same timer as castable mezz so it mostly sucks as a defensive measure.

Insta mezz is resisted often and lasts for peanuts against det.

E

Event

Originally posted by Javai
Very slight change of topic but why do Hibs insist on hitting inst amnesia when they jump you from behind? All it does it tell us you're there if we running with our backs to you you can be pretty sure we aren't casting at you :)

It can also make your grp stop running or noobs to become confused for a split second - then the cast mez lands on your nappers :D

P

Pin

Originally posted by Event
It can also make your grp stop running
well, it only drops speed at the end of the current speed pulse. which could be 15secs later if the minstrel has a good drum.... but the combat timer is 10sec, so they might not even lose it at all ;)

the panicking n00bs is reasonable. but if you are against a good sorc, you'll need both versions of amnesia available to beat his mezz with your own casted...

T

Tootz

With bards, it used to be pretty easy to get the first mezz off as sorc thanks to the extra range. But then they all jumped on the insta amnesia band wagon and now you have to be *very* quick to get a mezz off before you get hit by it so it cancels your cast and they get theirs in. Plus there's always group purge even if you do get the first mezz.

As for mids, the insta aoe stun/insta aoe mezz is very tough to beat - especially as most groups have 2-3 healers in em so unless you get all CC classes mezzed, and keep em mezzed, you're screwed.

Would be nice if the sorc amnesia was also insta but as it is, our only instas are the debuffs which do nothing towards interupting the enemy casters and even these were only recently given the insta treatment.

P

poppamies

insta mezz is the most useless spell in the game, holds tanks for 2 sec or so, nad gives 60 sec imunity, on non det chars it holds em for 20 sec or so and gives 60 sec imunity.
And for mid grps having 3 healers, well only 1 of those 3 has any CC, well exept baseline cc, since the 2 otehrs are mend/aug.
The insta mezz is only used to give the healer 1-2 sec to get away from chasing tanks, thats all it is good for, teh insta ae stunn, hold det tanks for 1 sec. but it gives u 1 sec longer to cast a real mezz on the other grp.
But all forms of cc is useless on det 5 tanks.
70 sec mezz holds em for 10 sec or lezz, same with root.

W

wyleia

pfft.. my sorcs utility pwns my bard.... 2 forms of aecc with long durations to hold enemies longer, a yellowcon pet to interrupt, *quickcast* god i miss quickcast.. and no my insta doesnt count once every 10 min as a quickcast :) AND a sorc can kill stuff... not take 20min to do it like a bard.. bard shout is 10 second timer, sorc's lifetap or bodynuke is much much less :p

In fact, all classes in alb can deal dmg, sorcs got their nukes/pet, clerics could be smite (smite/rejuv + enh/rejuv as the two clerics of a grp would be neat :)... earth pbt theurgist is prolly the worst of the lot in dmg dealing but omfg at those pets and the nuke is still available. And an earth theurgist isnt needed in a group like a bard is.

sorcs are much nicer than bards imo after trying both. Even BEFORE they gave us bolt range mezz.. was kinda shocked that they made a class i already thought was nice, even better :)

I dont know many sorcs that would give up their mezz+root +other utilities (powerbuff, mezz duration chants x2, ae debuffs, single debuffs, pets) just to get an instamezz that lasts all of 2 seconds on most targets.

mid healers on the other hand.. aestun + aemezz both in the shout variety :) havent ever played a pac healer yet so cant comment much than from what i see in rvr.

G

gwal

Originally posted by gingger
It's easier to run in at speed 5 with insta than it is to stop (lag including) and cast bolt range. Imo that is a definate advantage. Why does mythic not give ALL realms insta mezz?

Discuss...

...if only 1 reply is not a flame and usefull then its a usefull post :)

sorc > hib/mid when it comes to mezz ability, the advantage of range is obvious in the hands of a skilled sorc

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by poppamies
insta mezz is the most useless spell in the game, holds tanks for 2 sec or so, nad gives 60 sec imunity, on non det chars it holds em for 20 sec or so

70 sec mezz holds em for 10 sec or lezz, same with root.

aaaaah what i've been waiting for. let me translate: It doesn't really matter if you use instant or castable on tanks, both suck.
insta rocks to fuckup the other support.
I've played 1 week during the vacation with my sorc, enough to know that every high rank guildgroup uses his "crap" instant mez
btw healer aemez is 7 sec on det5 tanks

S

sweetleaf.

Originally posted by acei
I look forward to ToA... +25% increase to spells cast range means bolt range will be about 2343.75 and insta mezz will be 1875, giving a distinct advantage to sorcerer's ;)

OMG

Wont make a difference.

Just get longer range insta mezz lol

E

etcetra

Originally posted by Event
It can also make your grp stop running or noobs to become confused for a split second - then the cast mez lands on your nappers :D

learned that in DF Bashing lvl 10's?!

D

Divinia

Q: Is this thread still as useless when i watched it last time?
A: Yes

A

Aussie-

instapwn.JPG

skald instant snare > 355 dex and mota 3 mez

conclusion : Insta > castable 1875

I

ilienwyn

Problem is you don't always have the luxury of big range to do the mezz and if someone in other team knows what he is doing they could make it to interrupt sorc before lading mezz even when starting athuge range.
But tell me, in mg room fights, in lord room fights, when suddenly meeting on a hill or even when flanking, does bolt range make any difference when you can be instantly interrupted (if not mezzed)?

S

serious

its not the insta mezz on hibs that bother me (accept if dh use it with that awfull offensive pbaoe right after). its the insta root, the insta GP, the insta Thornweed Field, the insta amnesia.
all forms of CC/counter-cc that are insta. those are the bane of the sorcs (albs) life in rvr against hibs.

S.

A

Aussie-

skilled bard wins with insta amnesia, normal bard wins with insta mez, noob bard doesnt have to worry since he has 3x purge available :m00:

W

-Wedge-

Insta Mez > Casted mez... IF the situation requires Insta-mez that is...

Speed 6 is fast enough to close 350 range before casted mez lands, insta-mez on the sorc and then casted mez on the rest shouldnt be too hard...

As for the increased range, can someone please give me a link to an item that has increased range WITHOUT a requirement... (like humanoid, etc)

Because I have not seen increased range (or damage) items without a requirement... And if it has a requirement, then it DOES NOT work in PvP !!!

N

Nazghul-

Insta mez is on a timer, is bolt-range mez that?

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Divinia
i think when using all +range items sorc will get 2960range.
Was under the impression +range was only for PvE (didn't work in RvR). Not 100% certain though.

D

Divinia

Originally posted by Maleg_Grumpton
Was under the impression +range was only for PvE (didn't work in RvR). Not 100% certain though.

u stole my sentence i posted on VNboards? :)
no not all +range items is in pve use, the ones that are for pve use say so (undead only for example)

A

acei

Originally posted by Maleg_Grumpton
Unrestricted Range Bonuses:
-Nailah's Robes 5%
-Staff of God 5%
-Stone of Atlantis 5%
-Cloudsong 5%
-Phoebus Harp Necklace 5%
-Bracer of Zo'arkat 6%

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Aussie-
btw insta mez sucks, just everyone still uses it :m00:

agreed. tho, insta-mezz > no mezz at all.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by -yoda-
where as if enemy is hit from the flank/rear . he can turn around and hit the insta . where as sorc would have to turn > target > qc then mezz

notice how the other two realms don't even need to target thier enemy before casting. such overpowerness....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom