RvR in albion

S

shadybrack

Originally posted by old.Emma
We ran as 1fg last night for 5 hours. After 3 runs of getting splatted by the alb zerg, and several people leaving the group because of that we decided to give it one last try with a few new members. Thank fully the zerg had died down a bit and we kicked butt up until the huge pile-up at amg where we (hibs) camped the room for ages ;p

Hib caster groups can be leathal when done right, but it takes the exact same 30 min timed RA`s for us to compete as it does for you albs. Hib caster group with no GP or MoC = Dead. Same as albs no BoF/SoS/VP = you dead. Mid have it easy when it comes to RA`s with the effectiveness of Savage groups currently there is little need to uber RA`s to counter Alb/Hib groups. Afaik the only mid fotm group we managed to kill last night was caught off guard running towards mmg where we managed to land insta mezz and get in and MoC pbae as fast as poss dropping atleast half there members (mostly the tanks) which made it alot easier to finish off the rest.

That group were not high rr think the highest was only rr5, if that had been an rr7+ group this tactic would not have worked and we would have died.

I know DH kick ass but considering the majority of them are rr7+ they have every right to kick ass imho. They worked damn hard to get to where they are and put one hell of alot of effort into getting there team work and organisation skills sorted.

agree with most of this but the mid group we killed got the mezz off first, we won because we did gp and 2 chanters moced, the trolls didn't move etc so having RA's up do help :)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by xplo
Apoc Dudes use teamspeak / ventrilo gives better teamwork ;d

and everyone else cant use this because?

N

NoBrains

Some nice replyes

There are both side guilds that try to 8v8 I don't denny that but I can't be watching emain 24/7 but when I'm and it's not that short time it's only whines about hib zerg mostly

Cougar we wtfpwn savage groups but sometimes others ra's down someone fucks up or we even get adds (albs hibs or mids) to ruin the fight
I'm sorry if we don't have wtfpwn class like yours to gank 24/7
Alot of bf's have rerolled last month I'm sure u don't see a bf fg rr7-9 in emain for at least the same time it passed since I sold my sorc Tinaydien and bf were far more active

I typed this post mostly as a general overview of alb groups as I don't stick neither to solo nor bf only groups

About my contradictions in my post hummm u're somehow right but as I said in my last sentence I only only play with bf groups.
The zergs... Well I'm sure hibs and mids think alb is the ultimate zerger but most times when you say this u just left amg with 3fg zerg of pbae or something like this and wtfpwned all the albs that were going trough
Now apart from MGs I think hibs zerg more in emain than albs and mids
I don't know the names of the new guilds apart from DH otherwhise my post would be alot more direct on that issue

On a side note it's somehow not understandable those alb groups that face a pbae group where they're sorc gets instant dead and go melee instead of ae mezing and landing a stun on mocs (counting the assist train is mercs)

On another side note... Geez the amount of pets in a hib pbae group is insane
:m00: nerf something :p

Regards

K

K0nah

Originally posted by cougar-
most of you just play crap, fareks guild does better with rr5 tanks then bf and fc and whatever does with rr8+. they even BEAT SAVAGE GROUPS. IMAGINE!!11

fixed group.

100% fotm.

it does better u say? shocking!

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by NoBrains
edited for brevity -----
Most times Black Falcons is a 1fg roamer in emain apart from the times where AMG is camped by 3-7fgh (think 7 was the record this month died to 2 ns and 1ranger trying to go up the hill for a screeny)

edited for brevity ---

If all this wasn't enough and, altho it's not ilegal, it pisses me the most when I go out for some solo I get jumped by hib 2fg with 1ns or so...
This is extremely sad altho, I know there are stealth zergs etc but... It's bad enough you run in emain at 4am with 2fg...

Edited for brevity ----

Extremely sad about hibs at this point... Still not caring a single bit... My only advice to hibs is that you well... Learn how to play...
I think DH should give hibs some lessons about how hib is strong 8v8 and that they don't need to build ALWAYS 2fg+ armys...

Edited for Brevity ---

About this I really hope alb builds 4+fg zergs all the time again and zerg your damn asses...
Once again learn how to play and not zerg... Regardless to whatever ppl can say alb is RA dependant to win most fights you guys just have to use the head and learn how to play instead of just hit the pbae button...
Re: Take DH as example

I'm bored to the bones at this time I'm prolly giving my last chance to the game with a new char before toa kicks in and me out since I only play this game for rvr and I hate pve in daoc...

Feeling like walking rp source each time I leave apk with a group is quite annoying

Now y flame ahead alb is the zerg master etc... I'm only sorry we don't zerg more tbh and try to get some cool fights 8v8 (speaking as alb not as BF) after those hundreds of flames on BW

See you arround in the boring emain :sleeping: :puke:

erm, so many issues..

Firtly have your FG ever killed lower numbers than yourselves? if you answer this with yes then its quite likely somebody will come back with all thier mates and squash you, seems only fair to me.

Same is highly likely of stealthers that get ganked, they will remember you and yer guys and when somebody goes to take a screeny your fair game imho.

Not quite sure if your having a go at people that choose to roam as 2fg at 4am or you dont like stealthers.

DH are a league apart, I doubt many groups could play with the style and skill of those guys /grats dh (again) :)

Anybody can zerg - I honestly dont care I have seen so many from all sides its just a part of the game, adapt or leave. I rolled a Infil for this purpose, I get a great deal of pleasure from 1 shotting casters, perhaps its just me seeking revenge for chanters really hurting me whilst I was young...

By your example of 1 button classes, you seem to be suggesting that DH are differant, from what I have seen 1 button for insta mez, 1 button for pbaoe I dont get your point, I might frequently use 3-4 buttons on my arms or perhaps 6+ on my infil or 4-5 on my cabi.

You do what needs to be done to win scraps, if it takes 1 button on a chanter so be it, its a tad more complex than that I know (pet and debuffs and single target and stun etc etc) but who cares, if people think chanters are so great go play em, likewise savages..I cant be arsed to change realms I like my infil and my cabi and even my arms and cleric if I didnt I would be suffering through swg by now I guess..

People can say anything they like about zergs, but thats their opinion, when I say you can do what ya want with however many players then I'm saying whats allowed.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Tyka
I've reached a point where I just don't care anymore how ppl play, everyone zerg us at some point and we zerg others at some points, running 1fg in emain and staying alive for a long time as hibs are much harder now than it was before.

I say just do whatever it takes for you to enjoy the game and forget about the rest, because even if you choose to run 1fg at primetime, people will always whine at something.

Cant say fairer than that.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by K0nah
fixed group.

100% fotm.

it does better u say? shocking!

ye, like bf dont have the option of not running in minstrel-cc-groups :rolleyes:

bf made their choice, they run with no sorc, its their choice, if they now come to whine that they(with lower rr ppl) get owned, then bring in a sorc, not too hard that is it?

A

asar

clowns

Look if its a real war what would u do if u have more people then the enemy??

1: Let half the army w8ing becasue the enemy whines: hey u got more people!!1!111one
2: Use them to destroy the enemy and not listening to the whines of the enemy!

Well I would say option >>2<<

AND DO NOT GIVE ME THE BULLSHIT WHINES U WOULDNT PIC NUMBR 2 BECAUSE THEN UR A BIG #$%^&*

so what im trying to say (angel look):D:

Albion: Go zerg the enemy and leave no hostiles and use ALL THE PEOPLE U CAN GET!

Midgard: Stop whining and use all ur fotms to stop the zerg

Hibernia: take 4fg of bards and enchanters to zerg back

So we ALL HAVE BIG BATTLES MUCH RP AND MUCH FUN! :D

TADAAAAAAAAA...... now lemme see where was my beer......

A

Asha

Originally posted by cougar-
most of you just play crap, fareks guild does better with rr5 tanks then bf and fc and whatever does with rr8+. they even BEAT SAVAGE GROUPS. IMAGINE!!11

we haven't had rvr group up for mmm 2 months? so I don't know wtf you're talking about. several ppl just dinged new alts who are below rr5 and we're trying to rebuild things, but thx for caring.

A

Asha

Originally posted by Arnor
and everyone else cant use this because?

we can't use it cause we all got thick accents ><
mine's apparently hardest to understand

A

Asha

ye, like bf dont have the option of not running in minstrel-cc-groups :rolleyes:

bf made their choice, they run with no sorc, its their choice, if they now come to whine that they(with lower rr ppl) get owned, then bring in a sorc, not too hard that is it?

lol wtf is tahn again?

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Asha

Ill hire you a linguistic ortoped :great: (or whatever its called in engrish)

P

parzi

its a game and no real war...

god i hate this "if it was real war would..." crap

a is real war supposed to be fun or wut ?
b is daoc a game and are ppl playing games to have fun ?

if answer a != answer b then yuo = dumbass :p

R

-RG-Jaond

Re: clowns

Originally posted by asar
Albion: Go zerg the enemy and leave no hostiles and use ALL THE PEOPLE U CAN GET!

Asardog 50 INFIL!!!!!

For King Arthur!!!!!111 :D

A

Arnor

Originally posted by parzi
its a game and no real war...

god i hate this "if it was real war would..." crap

a is real war supposed to be fun or wut ?
b is daoc a game and are ppl playing games to have fun ?

if answer a != answer b then yuo = dumbass :p

:kiss2:

A

asar

Re: Re: clowns

Originally posted by -RG-Jaond
For King Arthur!!!!!111 :D

(yay dinged 50 yesterday:p)
now im eh Briton Myrmidon orsumthing rr3l1 right :X

R

robby

albion is not gimped in RvR but we do have to fight 'uphill'. arguably what we lack in classes and skill distribution we are compensated for with RA's ...on a 30min timer.

This is the perfect example
me and a sorc run unbuffed to amg odin's. He mezzes the gates and I go in? 2Hibs are inside and I attack one. I miss slam and he atacks sorc and kills in a sec. The otherone returns from mezz and they both kill me. At least one of em was buffed.
10 mins later me and sorc go again. He mezzes gates I go in and slam 1. I start hitting and sorc gets in 1 nuke. I get slammed, use purge and keep hitting. One of them attacks the sorc, the otherone is also on way to the sorc. I start hitting the first and sorc uses mcl. The first one dies and the second one attacks the sorc. Sorc runs away and I use FA2 so I have 50% health. Our sorc escapes and the second hib gets back on me. we have a nice fight, but I have no chance cause of no end. I use Ip, now that gives sorc time to get back and he starts nuking and kills the hib.
This way we killed 2 enemies, where at least one was buffed. But next 30 mins we had no chance cause of no IP, purge for me and no mcl for the sorc.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by robby
This is the perfect example
me and a sorc run unbuffed to amg odin's. He mezzes the gates and I go in? 2Hibs are inside and I attack one. I miss slam and he atacks sorc and kills in a sec. The otherone returns from mezz and they both kill me. At least one of em was buffed.
10 mins later me and sorc go again. He mezzes gates I go in and slam 1. I start hitting and sorc gets in 1 nuke. I get slammed, use purge and keep hitting. One of them attacks the sorc, the otherone is also on way to the sorc. I start hitting the first and sorc uses mcl. The first one dies and the second one attacks the sorc. Sorc runs away and I use FA2 so I have 50% health. Our sorc escapes and the second hib gets back on me. we have a nice fight, but I have no chance cause of no end. I use Ip, now that gives sorc time to get back and he starts nuking and kills the hib.
This way we killed 2 enemies, where at least one was buffed. But next 30 mins we had no chance cause of no IP, purge for me and no mcl for the sorc.

your example sucks :rolleyes:

G

Garbannoch Nox

Originally posted by cha0tic
only pbaoe groups run as 1fg only. Buttonspamers even.

I prefer work against 2 fg melee than work against 1 fg pbaoe.

hehe really gotta love people without a clue

let's see the ONE button i use during a typical fight:

1 button for quickcast
1 button for stun
1 button for PBAOE
1 button for light base dd (assisting chanter or against alb groups without friar)
1 button for snare dd (for non-debuffed targets or mids with otherwise high cold/heat/matter resists)
1 button for AOE snare dd (to interrupt mage clusters and slow down assist train if no nature druid)
1 button for AOE disease
1 button for AOE str/con debuff
1 button for str debuff (that stacks with the aoe one)
1 button for dex/qui debuff (for non-frontloaders and healer classes)
1 button for dex debuff (for non-frontloaders and healer classes, stacks with dex/qui debuff)
1 button for nearsight (against sorcs and archer adds)

the list does not include macros for assist, macros to change between quickbars, or any of my 5 active RAs

also fun how people suddenly cry about mage groups; if i think back 1-2 months everyone laughed about them...

W

-Wedge-

Solo'ing two tanks is teh easy... :D

Dirty tricks for teh winz...

We run an alb-pbaoe group, and we beat savage groups, sometimes... We beat hib-bm groups, sometimes... We do need BoF against both though...

We dont win all the time, and we play utter crap against some guild groups (DH, CE, JH, NP)... But we have fun...

We did have 'some' fun with a fotm tank group, but PBAoE group (alb-version) is so much more fun :D

Just have fun, anyway you like... For us its a FG-PBAoE group (and if you think its a 1 button trick, try it, defo as alb)... We dont like to zerg, yes we do sometimes get added on, and yes we do sometimes add (because we know there are more enemies around)... And we might even be cought running 2 fg, but that will only happen if we have no other choice...

So again:
JUST HAVE FUN ! :clap:

A

Asha

your example sucks :rolleyes:

I don't understand what it's an example of either. He's used RAs that are open to all realms, so wasn't even depending on any Alb only RAs that turn the tide like bof, sos, fh, sob, etc.

Garb, no one ever laughed about hib mage groups, k? :)

P

parlain

Originally posted by Asha

Too true ^^ :wub:

btw not only will Apoc Dudes be using Ventrillo, odds on some of the times they will be LANning too (as long as it's a big room, Morsan takes up ALOT of space :D )

We all know fixed groups will always have an advantage as they will have more team experience so it's no surprise that those teams tend to do well; it seems to be the next step progression in the evolution from randoms to guilds to RvR guilds and now fixed 8 man RvR Guilds

Good Thing? Debatable, but people play how they wish.

P.S. Never seen AD in action due to being away but know enough about the members I recognise - swedish gimps the lot of em ;)

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Typical Hib/Mid response (Hib in this case).
Mids and Hibs have fg out in Emain way before Albs do each day. Every day I will see one of those FOTM Mid classes roam by, ganking solo'ers non stop. Same goes for those elite Hibbies.
When Albs finally have a fg together, Mids and Hibs will be roaming Emain with several fg independantly. Albs are outgunned in Emain till about 16:00 CET when most kids get home and start to play.
Yet each time we get some lame ass retarded noob trying to claim Albs zerg, and only Albs zerg...
Regards, Glottis

why is it you pop up in every single thread which you have a chance to whine about how bad you have it in albion! Look at me, I play for a realm who has nothing going for it! o please feel sorry for me

Originally posted by Tyka
I've reached a point where I just don't care anymore how ppl play, everyone zerg us at some point and we zerg others at some points, running 1fg in emain and staying alive for a long time as hibs are much harder now than it was before.

I say just do whatever it takes for you to enjoy the game and forget about the rest, because even if you choose to run 1fg at primetime, people will always whine at something.

agreed, but dont tell anyone ;)

B

bracken_woodman

Re: clowns

Look if its a real war...

Hate to break this to you but DAOC isn't real war.

Neither is this:

:swords:

Or this:

:mgwhore2: :mgwhore:

They are pixels on your computer screen...

Starting to get the picture? ;)

K

Kagato.

albion is not gimped in RvR but we do have to fight 'uphill'. arguably what we lack in classes and skill distribution we are compensated for with RA's ...on a 30min timer.

Apparently BoF is going to be 'addressed' in the RA review, which does not bode well for Albion.

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox
hehe really gotta love people without a clue

let's see the ONE button i use during a typical fight:

1 button for quickcast
1 button for stun
1 button for PBAOE
1 button for light base dd (assisting chanter or against alb groups without friar)
1 button for snare dd (for non-debuffed targets or mids with otherwise high cold/heat/matter resists)
1 button for AOE snare dd (to interrupt mage clusters and slow down assist train if no nature druid)
1 button for AOE disease
1 button for AOE str/con debuff
1 button for str debuff (that stacks with the aoe one)
1 button for dex/qui debuff (for non-frontloaders and healer classes)
1 button for dex debuff (for non-frontloaders and healer classes, stacks with dex/qui debuff)
1 button for nearsight (against sorcs and archer adds)

the list does not include macros for assist, macros to change between quickbars, or any of my 5 active RAs

also fun how people suddenly cry about mage groups; if i think back 1-2 months everyone laughed about them...
mmm Eld has such nice utility compared to a ice wiz, then compare an eld and a chanter to 2 ice wiz's....

As for mage groups they have always been good in hib, the main reason some hib pbae groups are harder now is they use their pets a lot better, they don't all just sit in the pbae box 100% of the time and they use mana elds!

I think the pet thing is because pets were so easy to outrun before, they would start hitting you but as soon as you moved they wouldn't chase you right away, they would lag a bit, made it a lot easier to escape them. So mythic fixed the bug that gimped pets but not the one that make them powerful (run speed 100% of time + unlimited range on pbt).

A

alme

garba that might have smth to do with the fact there wasnt a grp with 2-3 rr11 mages in before :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom