I hate Mezz in RvR.

E

Ensceptifica

Single target mez/stun/root etc is fine imo. It's the aoe CC and especially the instants that should be either removed or toned down. As said, CC hardly effects tanks so basically what it does is eliminate the support & casters and turn the game into a hack&slash. And with singletarget CC (could be insta even) being the main means off mezzing/stunning/etc people, I think the tactics involved would become a lot more interesting than just a game of who-gets-mez-in-first-and-who-has-the-strongest-tanks. Ofcourse the fact that the best CC and strongest melee are both in the same realm does increase the imbalance.

V

vintervargen

what alya said :)

and the fact that classes with ae dmg spells could get a spot in rvr groups. imagine the tactics you could use with ae dot/ae dd's? would be so damn fun

A

ab_fluid

give wardens ae CC and all is fine in my twisted logic
and +1

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by heilel
Been playing a fair bit of RvR recently.
One thing that I find REALLY annoying is MEZZ.

IMO, it really ruins the RvR experience.
There you are in a group or a few groups and there might be a great little battle going on and suddenly a whole bunch of people get mezzed by some caster and you gotta stand there like a lemon getting hacked down.

It really makes RvR a frustrating experience when you know you're doing OK until the inevitable MEZZ happens and it's all over.

I was so frustrated by it I finally couldn't take anymore and went back to levelling my alts.

Maybe I should have gone back to playing Morrowind. :D

mabye you should get purge?

if anything cc does not last long enough these days with body resists 50%+ and tanks with det 3 and purge.

P

poppamies

tone down insta ae mezz and stun ? so they last 1 sec instead of 2 sec (as they do now)
But ok, what is we did remove all insta CC, and all ae mezz and stun, what would u give th all hte healers that will only have crap buffs and heals then, since they would only gain pow regain from the pac line, if all hte ae and instas are removed.
Just want to know what ull offer them instead, so they would actually stick around in hte game ?
Since if the healers leave, no one in mid can rvr = rest will leave, hibs and albs left, missing 500 or so ppl on all servers, = less fun since a 1/3 is gone, and so they leave and so on and so on, (well was the worst case senario).
But what would u give the healers in return, coz i know i wouldnt be playing this game in i lost a whole spec line on my char.

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by poppamies
tone down insta ae mezz and stun ? so they last 1 sec instead of 2 sec (as they do now)
But ok, what is we did remove all insta CC, and all ae mezz and stun, what would u give th all hte healers that will only have crap buffs and heals then, since they would only gain pow regain from the pac line, if all hte ae and instas are removed.
Just want to know what ull offer them instead, so they would actually stick around in hte game ?
Since if the healers leave, no one in mid can rvr = rest will leave, hibs and albs left, missing 500 or so ppl on all servers, = less fun since a 1/3 is gone, and so they leave and so on and so on, (well was the worst case senario).
But what would u give the healers in return, coz i know i wouldnt be playing this game in i lost a whole spec line on my char.

missing the point. bards and sorc would loose their primary ability too you know.

why dont you think a while about it, then post. if you can imagine anything else then

- insta ae stun
- ae mez
- your savages assist kills enemies in 10 sec flat

P

poppamies

well i know alot more suport classes looses their abilities, and why should they stick around in the game also ?
But i took the healer for an example since its the most CC specialiced char in the game.

V

vintervargen

well i know alot more suport classes looses their abilities, and why should they stick around in the game also ?
But i took the healer for an example since its the most CC specialiced char in the game.

sigh.

the point is still not what spell you should recieve instead of ae mez. the point is if you can imagine rvr without it.

E

Eleasias

cant believe that people like you have played so long and you are still such a fucking bunch of newbies, stfu

P

poppamies

sure i could, but wheres the fun for the suport ?
If we lost a whole spec line ?
its like taking the shiled off the warrior, sure he can rvr.
Or remoce LA of zerks, give em just a 2h to use, or take avay pole of armsmen, or take weapon spec off pallys, kinda the same comparisons, since the chars wouldnt be any fun to play after u remove a whole specline from them.

S

Stormm

CC is fine and necessary - the only problem is that no aoe cc should be an insta. The grp should have to work to allow the cc to be casted either by protecting that caster or manouvering into position to do so - but this pile in at speed 5 insta aoe cc is just lame, i mean how hard is that to do

and talkin about resists, det, purge etc - even if the mezz only lasts 6 secs thats enough time for a good grp to take down at least a couple of enemies especially seeing as they already moving while casting

A

Arthwyr

I dont mind mezz what bothers me is that mythic gives realm 1 a machine gun realm 2 a shotgun and a machine gun and realm 3 a pocketknife and then expects ppl not to whine about it.

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Arthwyr
what bothers me is that mythic gives realm 1 a machine gun realm 2 a shotgun and a machine gun and realm 3 a pocketknife and then expects ppl not to whine about it.

LOL! ...

exc/alb should really try some more groups like PE
2clerc, 1pala, 1mincer, 1sorc, 3merc/arms ... if u call that a 'pocket knife' compared to the other realm's kindda fun how PE owns with it ... and don't give me that shit about pryd mid/hib r n00b's, Eclipse / MM r very nice rvr guild's ... (and yes they allso win with that group when sos / dual bof is down, that's just when they run into a FG guild they know is hard etc)

B

Begach

Bad idea imo. You remove mezz and mid superiour melee dmg will own anything same numbers probably more. Goin up against mid CC is a sickening prospect thanks to the retards at mythic. Goin up against a mid grp without any CC is an even worse one imo (mids don't read that as your a strong realm of players, mythic designed the game for you to win v's equal numbers, plain and simple).

Remove AoE mezz an it'll show EXACTLY how unbalanced this game is. Fucked an broke imo ;)

B.

A

Arnor

I dont mind mezz what bothers me is that mythic gives realm 1 a machine gun realm 2 a shotgun and a machine gun and realm 3 a pocketknife and then expects ppl not to whine about it.

haha, your a retard :ROFLMAO:

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Eleasias
nope

and im not postfarming, im just doing this cause retards actually get agitated over a forum xD

stfu newbs QQ

You're doing this because you're a classic troll.

I moderate some other forums and you fit the cliche perfectly...

T

Trubble

Its incredible that there are still people who think ae mez/stun is ment to stop tanks... WAKE UP - Smell the Cofee. Ae mez/stun is wortless against tanks - it only works on casters/support (and newbies) !!

Trying to imagine a game without AE mez is trying to imagine a game where the casters and support are at least free to try to do something. And dont listen to the tank-whinerz that currently are very happy with slaughtering mezzed casters and getting loads of RP - of course they dont want to see CC go.

T

Trubble

Use your imagination.

Give healers AE root instead of AE mezz.

Give them a new spell: Mirror image, so when casted a lot of small dwarves with small round shields will appear and you would have to guess which one is the right one etc...

Could probably find alot of other ideas for helping keeping the healer alive withouc AE mez. :)

T

Trubble

Originally posted by Eleasias
cant believe that people like you have played so long and you are still such a fucking bunch of newbies, stfu

Eleasias, you need professional help.

And thanks for giving me the oppertunity for a +1 post. ;)

S

Stormm

if mythic gave alb insta aoe cc, and hibs/mids castable then you'd see the truth

insta cc > castable

range means fuk all when u can cast at speed 5

admittidly albs lack of sorcs in general don't help

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Trubble
Give them a new spell: Mirror image, so when casted a lot of small dwarves with small round shields will appear and you would have to guess which one is the right one etc...

Hmm...that's kind of a neat idea, actually...:)

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Begach
Bad idea imo. You remove mezz and mid superiour melee dmg will own anything same numbers probably more. Goin up against mid CC is a sickening prospect thanks to the retards at mythic. Goin up against a mid grp without any CC is an even worse one imo (mids don't read that as your a strong realm of players, mythic designed the game for you to win v's equal numbers, plain and simple).

Remove AoE mezz an it'll show EXACTLY how unbalanced this game is. Fucked an broke imo ;)

B.

yeah, its not like mid cc owns both hib and alb cc.

yeah, we all know tanks tend to stay mezzed for long.

read Trubbles fecking posts

B

Begach

Originally posted by vintervargen
yeah, its not like mid cc owns both hib and alb cc.

I hope thats sarcastic mate. Mid CC IS vastly superiour to anything hib/alb have. For 2 reasons.

A) they got AoE Stun as you stated coupled with AoE castable is a fucked up combo.
B) they do not NEED to use castables. Thier dmg tank teams can rip through the support in seconds therefore insta's are a viable option v's a fg for mid.

yeah, we all know tanks tend to stay mezzed for long.
[/B]

Castable on any tank is long enough for hib or alb. Insta's for mid.

read Trubbles fecking posts [/B]

Why? all i see is some guy who is either a caster (dmg) or a support class wanting to make sure he has no problem in RvR with his ranged casts v's imovable and therefore useless pure tanks.

Trubbles: which one are you ?

B.

K

Karlo

:clap:

come back arth, we miss you in Black Legion

T

Trubble

Originally posted by Begach
Why? all i see is some guy who is either a caster (dmg) or a support class wanting to make sure he has no problem in RvR with his ranged casts v's imovable and therefore useless pure tanks.

Trubbles: which one are you ?

B.

Got several chars, Savage, Druid, Hero, Reaver and Theurgist (not on same server). Plus tried a lot of different chars (incl healer) on friends accounts.

You clearly havent read my posts, if you think Im calling for better Mez/Stun against tanks. Im just saying that people like you should open your eyes and see that Mez is useless against tanks, while very powerful against casters/support. In the old days the tanks had little fun standing mezzed around, while the casters ripped them apart. Today its the other way around, its the casters/support that stands mezzed around untill the tank team sweeps by and 2-shot them before they even can get a qc spell off (qc cause they under attack).

The solution seems very clear: remove AE crowd control (at least the mez/stun ones) and no one will have to stand still like a rp-cow ready for the slaughter.

P

poppamies

sure remove instas, and ae cc, but do u have any ide hoe th for an example keep the healers in the game ?
Since i for one wouldnt play my healer if a whole specline is removed for me, not would any other class for that matter is u removed a whole spec ine from em.

K

katzzzz

Insta AE

So could any1 tell me, why albs dont have insta AE mezz if mids and hibs has it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom