RvR in albion

N

NoBrains

For a start: Flame whatever you want about my post I don't persoanly give a damn about the amount of idiotic posts ppl do just because they are most times blind about these issues

Most times Black Falcons is a 1fg roamer in emain apart from the times where AMG is camped by 3-7fgh (think 7 was the record this month died to 2 ns and 1ranger trying to go up the hill for a screeny)

Altho we lacking some heavy traning in RvR arts due to our recent member quits we're starting to be back on the road...

After my 3month break I find it hard to win fights with:

2clerics
1minstrel
3mercs
1arms
pala

or 2mercs 1sorc / mincer

Most times we get ran over due to insta CC/Savages + Desease and in last position but some groups that REALLY know how to make pbae groups (DH)

It's sad that alb classes ain't as balanced as other realms classes and we even start to take the sorc off some times...

If all this wasn't enough and, altho it's not ilegal, it pisses me the most when I go out for some solo I get jumped by hib 2fg with 1ns or so...
This is extremely sad altho, I know there are stealth zergs etc but... It's bad enough you run in emain at 4am with 2fg...

I'm extremely unhapy with RvR from albion point of view at this point... I'm having a serious hard time to manage a group that lives without SOS and BOF up and plays GOOD really GOOD 0 mistakes allowed

Bards and Healers have my congrats after my 3month break some of them learned how to stop a minstrel and it's becoming more evident for me at this point that minstrel shouldn't lead a group anymore do to this.
Unless minstrel has some RA up the alb group just gest streamloaded quite fast

Extremely sad about hibs at this point... Still not caring a single bit... My only advice to hibs is that you well... Learn how to play...
I think DH should give hibs some lessons about how hib is strong 8v8 and that they don't need to build ALWAYS 2fg+ armys...

Of course albion ain't free of zergs too... But I found something while I don't post on these boards often because it's all silly flames and whines there were ALOT of posts saying something like: ALB STOP ZERG BLAH BLAH BLAH
Now that I have to congrat most alb guilds that try to go out for 8v8 fights (ignore mile gates it's always the zerging spot)... The hibs MOSTLY just streamload those groups with they're little 2fg zergs... Man this is sad 1st you whine now that they try to do something and follow some high/old rvr ppl example you just do that?
About this I really hope alb builds 4+fg zergs all the time again and zerg your damn asses...
Once again learn how to play and not zerg... Regardless to whatever ppl can say alb is RA dependant to win most fights you guys just have to use the head and learn how to play instead of just hit the pbae button...
Re: Take DH as example

I'm bored to the bones at this time I'm prolly giving my last chance to the game with a new char before toa kicks in and me out since I only play this game for rvr and I hate pve in daoc...

Feeling like walking rp source each time I leave apk with a group is quite annoying

Now y flame ahead alb is the zerg master etc... I'm only sorry we don't zerg more tbh and try to get some cool fights 8v8 (speaking as alb not as BF) after those hundreds of flames on BW

See you arround in the boring emain :sleeping: :puke:

K

K0nah

albion is not gimped in RvR but we do have to fight 'uphill'. arguably what we lack in classes and skill distribution we are compensated for with RA's ...on a 30min timer.

does hib and mid knowledge that they can and will be beaten in even numbers lead to the same 'zerg' effect seen in low RR albs? i suspect it does... and why shouldn't it? noone enjoys getting wtfpwned every run. some of the best fights we have are vs 2fg+ :m00:

increasingly emain appears to be a no-go zone for fg rvr from 6pm to 10pm, the answer is to use Odins and Hadrians more for fg combat and leave emain to the zerg wars (which can also be fun)

A

Aloca

There is alot of hib guilds that mostly run 1fg only, and succed with it.
But yes i think main reason why albs is "weak" is becouse they doesnt get much training in the zergs

C

cleptomaniac

Originally posted by K0nah
albion is not gimped in RvR but we do have to fight 'uphill'. arguably what we lack in classes and skill distribution we are compensated for with RA's ...on a 30min timer.

Well said.

H

hrun

the funny thing is that I think people from all realms could write a similar thread.

From a hibs point of view (mine) albs are the greatest zergers on excal. In 99% of the rvr groups im in (mainly random groups) we go as fg at first. In maybe 7-8 times out of ten we get steamrolled by the albzerg or get killed by mid fotmgroups or other groups (both from alb and mid) who actually play too good for our random group.

We release and go again, maybe one or two times, trying to avoid the zerg and the toughest fotm groups. If we get owned again 1 of 3 things usually happen.

1: people leave the group, because they cba to be rp cows.
2: the group goes odin's.
3: The group starts a cg and team up with another random fg, to stand a chance against the zerg/good rvr guilds.

Few are the times when I've been in groups that starts as 2fg+ at dl to go to emain. (except the bearzerg at thursdays :p)

Adding on fights is another issue. Almost every hib fg will add on another hib fg's fights. The only time I can remember where a hib fg haven't added was when our random fg fought a group of NP at ridge. BaF came along and didn't intervene until it was clear we were loosing.

This is my point of view as a hib..

and about your thread.. yea there is some strong whine there. So you come back to the game after some months and discover that there are good rvr guilds (like DH) who are tough to beat. You say that the main reason you loose is because your classes are inferior to mid and hib classes. But at the same time you say:
"Altho we lacking some heavy traning in RvR arts due to our recent member quits we're starting to be back on the road..."
Which to me sounds like "ok we're not as good as we used to be (but we should be able to pwn the top hib/mid rvr guilds anyways)"

Another thing I dont get. You want hibs to learn how to "play the game" and at same time encourage your fellow albs to zerg like never before, this just doesn't make sense at all.

And yes there is a lot of whine at BW, much zergwhine and maybe mainly directed towards the albzerg. Maybe you should ask yourself why it is like that.

anyways.. this post became too long.. but it is my contribution to this thread.. read it and flame

E

El_Bandito

Sad, unhappy, sad, extend your vocabulary! :p

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Aloca
But yes i think main reason why albs is "weak" is becouse they doesnt get much training in the zergs

Typical Hib/Mid response (Hib in this case).
Mids and Hibs have fg out in Emain way before Albs do each day. Every day I will see one of those FOTM Mid classes roam by, ganking solo'ers non stop. Same goes for those elite Hibbies.
When Albs finally have a fg together, Mids and Hibs will be roaming Emain with several fg independantly. Albs are outgunned in Emain till about 16:00 CET when most kids get home and start to play.
Yet each time we get some lame ass retarded noob trying to claim Albs zerg, and only Albs zerg...
Regards, Glottis

F

finbahr

Originally posted by K0nah
does hib and mid knowledge that they can and will be beaten in even numbers lead to the same 'zerg' effect seen in low RR albs? i suspect it does... and why shouldn't it? noone enjoys getting wtfpwned every run. some of the best fights we have are vs 2fg+ :m00:

rofl we now have some good fights with albs fg Vs fg now you have the str relics

but the likes of GoL and the good RvR guilds will always be a good fight between all realms(the top RvR guilds that is)

we have had to put up with the zerg for sooooooo long is it any wonder that we zerg ourselves when /as is being spammed 4fgs albs at point xxx....no wait make that 5fgs...

we had this in emain last night about 11pm gmt

the zerg will create more zerg no one can moan anymore cos the zerg is part of doac now and it will take something special to wipe it from the game..

and another point from the original post i go solo and hate being ganked simple don't go solo this is a group game ...also this is war all enemies must be killed on site

glasny has it right guys rid hibernia of the fools and barbarians

V

vintervargen

you saying you die cause hibs run 2FG ? Oo

:ROFLMAO:

C

cha0tic

Originally posted by Aloca

only pbaoe groups run as 1fg only. Buttonspamers even.

I prefer work against 2 fg melee than work against 1 fg pbaoe.

Z

ztyx

wajn

Well that's because mythics added yer CC to a stealther... makes life hard for enemiy stealthers and even for your regular groups.

then they give mincers love to compensate the alb regular groups which makes the stealther war even more unblanaced.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by hrun
Few are the times when I've been in groups that starts as 2fg+ at dl to go to emain.
I know this might be hard for some to swallow, but from what I see these days few albs set out from atk as more than 1fg initially. What tends to happen is one of the following:

a) Lots of 1fg head out, and due to the sheer weight of numbers in emain you end up with several groups arriving at fight points at the same time..giving the impression of a conscious zerg. This situation is multiplied with a cg.

b) 1fg that is not really balanced or is low rr set out from atk, get steamrolled by a high rr hib group or fotm mid savage group, and then team up with another low rr fg of albs to survive. This exacerbates the problem of a)

or

c) 1fg heads out, meets 2fg+ of chanter or savage groups and team up to combat this.

Take it or leave it, that's the reality these days. Solution? Well same as it ever was really... roam odins or HW as 1fg. Sadly few people these days seem to go Odins as 1fg...often seems to be either deserted or with 2fg+ low rr.

Adding on fights is another issue. Almost every hib fg will add on another hib fg's fights.

Curious one this. Personally if other groups add in emain I just accept it as part of that zone and the sheer weight of numbers. Adding when in Odins or HW is more annoying.

What gets amusing is the hypocrasy I hear from some people whining about adds...I've seen a number of occasions when those who consider themselves l33t add, only to then say that they didn't realise, it was a mistake etc etc and yet when lesser mortals add they are flamed as they "obviously" did it on purpose...

As for the overall situation with Albion in rvr, think Konah probably summed it up.

E

--Eraser--

interessting post. especially hrun's reply.

my impression of emain is that there are indeed at least the same amount of albs during prime time as hibs and mids together. so i can really understand this teaming up after some frustrating runs.
infact we do the very same with our CoA group every evening. we start as 1 FG and after several times of getting slaughtered by 2 FGs we sometimes consider teaming up to survive.

i dont blame anyone for that. emain is crowded, and yes, especially by albs. quite a few albs zerg, but for sure not all of them. but it makes the other realms teaming up as well and its the very same vice versa i guess.

S

shadybrack

i know what u mean about zerged etc etc, but u saying hibs go 2fg ALWAYS is wrong, my guild run 1fg most of the time as last nite we neva ran with another group from around 6-11pm gmt

C

cougar-

most of you just play crap, fareks guild does better with rr5 tanks then bf and fc and whatever does with rr8+. they even BEAT SAVAGE GROUPS. IMAGINE!!11

O

old.Emma

We ran as 1fg last night for 5 hours. After 3 runs of getting splatted by the alb zerg, and several people leaving the group because of that we decided to give it one last try with a few new members. Thank fully the zerg had died down a bit and we kicked butt up until the huge pile-up at amg where we (hibs) camped the room for ages ;p

Hib caster groups can be leathal when done right, but it takes the exact same 30 min timed RA`s for us to compete as it does for you albs. Hib caster group with no GP or MoC = Dead. Same as albs no BoF/SoS/VP = you dead. Mid have it easy when it comes to RA`s with the effectiveness of Savage groups currently there is little need to uber RA`s to counter Alb/Hib groups. Afaik the only mid fotm group we managed to kill last night was caught off guard running towards mmg where we managed to land insta mezz and get in and MoC pbae as fast as poss dropping atleast half there members (mostly the tanks) which made it alot easier to finish off the rest.

That group were not high rr think the highest was only rr5, if that had been an rr7+ group this tactic would not have worked and we would have died.

I know DH kick ass but considering the majority of them are rr7+ they have every right to kick ass imho. They worked damn hard to get to where they are and put one hell of alot of effort into getting there team work and organisation skills sorted.

O

old.Filip

Take it or leave it, that's the reality these days. Solution? Well same as it ever was really... roam odins or HW as 1fg. Sadly few people these days seem to go Odins as 1fg...often seems to be either deserted or with 2fg+ low rr.

and again .... go odins or HW for 1fg's .... the sheer number of ppl who RvR in emain make 1fg vs 1fg figths unlikely

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
c) 1fg heads out, meets 2fg+ of chanter or savage groups and team up to combat this.

well when this happens to hibs, we think

"fuck, adders. bad luck, lets go back"

not

"aaah, they going 2fg ffs, we must gather 6FG at dl asap and move to emain".

last time i went 2fg was a week ago or so, after we got ganked by BC's 2fg for 3-4 times.

X

xplo

Apoc Dudes use teamspeak / ventrilo gives better teamwork ;d

A

Amadon

Extremely sad about hibs at this point... Still not caring a single bit... My only advice to hibs is that you well... Learn how to play...
I think DH should give hibs some lessons about how hib is strong 8v8 and that they don't need to build ALWAYS 2fg+ armys...
considering about half of DH are RR10, expecting other hibs to fight like them, especially when caster groups are EXTREMELY dependent on RA's is somewhat naive.
also, bards as good as walkerb are somewhat rare.

T

Tyka

I've reached a point where I just don't care anymore how ppl play, everyone zerg us at some point and we zerg others at some points, running 1fg in emain and staying alive for a long time as hibs are much harder now than it was before.

I say just do whatever it takes for you to enjoy the game and forget about the rest, because even if you choose to run 1fg at primetime, people will always whine at something.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by cha0tic
only pbaoe groups run as 1fg only. Buttonspamers even.

I prefer work against 2 fg melee than work against 1 fg pbaoe.

thats because: a) you suck or b) your group/support sucks

pbaoe groups are easily pwned (cept the velly good ones ofc) atleast if your a mid.

G

gwal

Originally posted by finbahr
rofl we now have some good fights with albs fg Vs fg now you have the str relics

but the likes of GoL and the good RvR guilds will always be a good fight between all realms(the top RvR guilds that is)

we have had to put up with the zerg for sooooooo long is it any wonder that we zerg ourselves when /as is being spammed 4fgs albs at point xxx....no wait make that 5fgs...

we had this in emain last night about 11pm gmt

the zerg will create more zerg no one can moan anymore cos the zerg is part of doac now and it will take something special to wipe it from the game..

and another point from the original post i go solo and hate being ganked simple don't go solo this is a group game ...also this is war all enemies must be killed on site

glasny has it right guys rid hibernia of the fools and barbarians

zzzzz, and if I told u that albs have hardly been able to pass amg without being in a zerg...

5 hours as a FG = 3 times we got to pass amg

I wonder why albs finally gathered up....

B

behatch

QQ, albs have pve god chars mid have rvr gods,dont like it? switch realms....

S

sweetleaf.

the funny thing is that I think people from all realms could write a similar thread.

From a hibs point of view (mine) albs are the greatest zergers on excal. In 99% of the rvr groups im in (mainly random groups) we go as fg at first. In maybe 7-8 times out of ten we get steamrolled by the albzerg or get killed by mid fotmgroups or other groups (both from alb and mid) who actually play too good for our random group.

We release and go again, maybe one or two times, trying to avoid the zerg and the toughest fotm groups. If we get owned again 1 of 3 things usually happen.

1: people leave the group, because they cba to be rp cows.
2: the group goes odin's.
3: The group starts a cg and team up with another random fg, to stand a chance against the zerg/good rvr guilds.

Few are the times when I've been in groups that starts as 2fg+ at dl to go to emain. (except the bearzerg at thursdays :p)

Adding on fights is another issue. Almost every hib fg will add on another hib fg's fights. The only time I can remember where a hib fg haven't added was when our random fg fought a group of NP at ridge. BaF came along and didn't intervene until it was clear we were loosing.

This is my point of view as a hib..

and about your thread.. yea there is some strong whine there. So you come back to the game after some months and discover that there are good rvr guilds (like DH) who are tough to beat. You say that the main reason you loose is because your classes are inferior to mid and hib classes. But at the same time you say:
"Altho we lacking some heavy traning in RvR arts due to our recent member quits we're starting to be back on the road..."
Which to me sounds like "ok we're not as good as we used to be (but we should be able to pwn the top hib/mid rvr guilds anyways)"

Another thing I dont get. You want hibs to learn how to "play the game" and at same time encourage your fellow albs to zerg like never before, this just doesn't make sense at all.

And yes there is a lot of whine at BW, much zergwhine and maybe mainly directed towards the albzerg. Maybe you should ask yourself why it is like that.

anyways.. this post became too long.. but it is my contribution to this thread.. read it and flame

Got to agree with Hrun. Pretty much spot on IMO

S

shadybrack

Originally posted by xplo
Apoc Dudes use teamspeak / ventrilo gives better teamwork ;d

pdc have a vent server i was shouting on last nite, told 2day xaldrick found it quite funny :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom