About DAOC/RVR in general

R

rangerone

So, how long was it that you bought your game of DAoC and installed it? Two years ago or so perhaps...
You started out fighting monsters from the first minute and fought your way up to level five, you choose a class you wished to play, after reading though the manual countless of times about all the different classes. You got all the way up to level eight that night perhaps?
Few months later your pretty "good" if you may so yourself at playing this game and youre about level 40 now. Youve made alot of new friends and perhaps joined a guild by now.
A week or two later youre grinding exp outside your TK in your realm. Suddenly something hits you, it says that you have "briton" as your target.
XXX was just killed by Mimic(i oh so remember that dude :)
Second later someone says "where where where???", you reply with something similar to this perhaps; "something named Briton attacked me!" suddenly you see that briton guy again running into the woods, so you tell the nice fellow who asked you where he was that he ran into the woods. You see three realmates, all purple to you running after him... then he's suddenly behind you again!
XXX was just killed by Alpha(yeah u started out early :)
Sigh, again? How can that briton guy be EVERYWHERE? After a few minutes of explaining you get everything right and tadaa, you just had your first RVR experience.
A days go by and your having loads of fun with your friends in your guild, youre exping your character at this supergroup place and youre getting loads of exp!
DING 50!
OMG YEAH! No more exping! FREEDOM!... or so you tought, the fight for freedom had just started...

This is probably something you all can compare yourselves to, correct?(adari i dont want your whine)
So, correct me if Im wrong, you play DAoC because you think its a fun game, or you want to become really good at it?
Everyone has their different ideas of what "fun" really is, and its actually good that we dont all think the same thing is fun is it? I play a solo stealther, I sometimes go around in a duo, or join in on a huuuuuuuuuuge battle if im detected by AOE or jsut feel like it. My idea of fun is just that, and to meet other players and to fight other players and compare my character to theirs.
Its a lonley road as a friend of mine here in albion said to me today, to be a stealther and a solo one for that matter, but I like it. I dont care about how much ppl "zerg" me down, or how much this guy with one billion more RPs than me wtfpwns me. I started out in midgard as a thane actaully, later on sb then hib and now albion. Ive tried just about everything this game has to offer, and i really do like the idea of "hiding in the shadows" and surprise attack your "victim/target". Thats part of the game, just as it is when i surprise attack my target, which infact was accompanied by ten other friends. Do I get irritated, yeah ofcourse i get irritated, who wouldnt? But since i think its more fun to play solo ill continue on doing it. Infact, Im sure that this guy and his ten friends has had just about as much fun in leveling their characters as i did, and just as much fun running around emain as i did, they like to group, so what?(i dont say i dont "whine" about it, cause i do, like i said i get irritated about it, cause it isnt MY playstyle, but if everyone would be like me... what a world we would have... world peace... free BEERS!... ehm, lets get back to the topic shall we..)

I was told the most funniest things a day or two ago, wait ill qoute them for you, wont mention any names though.
Its war, live with it stupid:p
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LEECHING IN RVR!!! STFU NOOB KTHX!!!!"
Youd rather be polite to a hib than to a fellow realmate? /ignore idiot
My class is an add class(wont mention which class)
Hehe, well...
Take John O'Shannon for example(not real), hes playing hibernia, hes a human, lives on the planet earth.
Take Charlotte Connor, shes playing midgard, a human, lives in estonia on the planet earth.
Take Max Perry hes playing albion, also a humanbeing, lives in the united kingdom, which is also on the planet earth.
All three, playing a game, A GAME, called dark age of camelot... so in this GAME theres a war going on... would John be as rude to charlotte in real life as he is in game? Dont think so, common politness tells you not to be rude to anyone, infact they might even marry?
These three fellas plays a game togheter though they cant communicate while playing it. But they sure as hell can help eachother to have a pleasant gaming session.
For example, as alot of you might know(by watching #stealthzergs' topic) i got whacked by an unbelivable 10+ group of mid stealthers earlier today, ok i got irritated.. it passed. Five minutes later im standing by N stairs on the bottom of em at amg emain, to meet up with my friend. I see an Isen Herra SB sitting on the stairs, I also see 2fg+ albs and around 5-6infils around me. Attacking? I think not... /no .. in the air so nobody could spot the message of me emoting to an "enemy". I let him go, what fun was it for me to get him uncovered and totally zerged? And think about it, how much fun would it had been for HIM if i did? He payed JUST as much money for his copy of daoc as i did. I got a PM on irc the second later, i answer it, alt tab back in... and get the message from my friend whom just arrived "they were like 6-7 mid stealthers attacking u while afk mate", sigh ok, so what... lame etc yeah. Though, i ventured out once again from atk solo.

How can you know which playstyle is the RIGHT style?

eeeeeasy!

As long as YOU have fun doing whatever it is you do, youre doing the right thing!

K

kin

You play a buffed infil, a class designed to win 1on1.

You think a healer think funny to taste your PA ?
Would you attack and equal rr buffed tank ?
How do you judge if a fight will be fair or just slaughter ?

DaoC newer designed for duels, hence the different classes and abilities.

C

chronictank

well said m8

But support classes wont be able to solo effectively.

And others prefer grps to solo

Aswell as the vast majority prefering zergs to fg vs fg battles.

Everyone has their own preference, i personally dont see why people whine so much, if you wan small battles you go odins (not so much rescently) or you go HW occasonally, if you want zergs you go emain.
Solo you simply avoid the big grps and pick off lone targets in HW or Odins.
If you want to avoid all the RA's and additional merits of high lvls you use /lvl and fight in the bgs.
Personally i think this game is fairly well balanced, ofc it has its moments but all in all it caters for all.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

When rvr is no fun, due to overpowered Mid zerglings and insane Hib fg's in Emain, I just log on the necro and go pl an alt or do some crafting.
Then after a while I forgot how lame Mids are, and I try some rvr again.
Rinse, and repeat.
Regards, Glottis

A

alme

Make shorter posts so the normal ppl cba reading ;x

F

fl3a

Originally posted by rangerone
Take Charlotte Connor, shes playing midgard, a human, lives in estonia on the planet earth.

who the fuck is charlotte connor? not an estonian name :x
i feel insulted :D

U

Urme the Legend

Smerten = Rudolf

Rudolf is a thane from Mid/Exc who bought an Hib account with a ranger.. and then traded that for an Alb/Exc account with Mincer+Infil etc..

About your signature.. who chosed the easy mode? :p

Hope you are happy with your infil now.. but for GOD sake stop whining on IRC etc about zerg..

You whined when you were playing Midgard.
You whined when you were playing Hibernia.
You are whining now.

I dont care about how much ppl "zerg" me down,

Funny quote from you :p

C

chronictank

When rvr is no fun, due to overpowered Mid zerglings and insane Hib fg's in Emain.

LOL
The endless streams of shite you carry on with. I have seen very effective alb groups wipe out endless mids. A well balanced fg of experienced albs are a match for any hib/mid grp.

F

Freppe^^

Originally posted by kin
You play a buffed infil, a class designed to win 1on1.

You think a healer think funny to taste your PA ?
Would you attack and equal rr buffed tank ?
How do you judge if a fight will be fair or just slaughter ?

DaoC newer designed for duels, hence the different classes and abilities.

Why shouldnt he be able to attack a equal rr buffed tank? I attack every high rr tank that goes solo ( cept reavers :p ) .

Easy, a fair fight, means, no adding, no zerging, equal numbers, 1v1 if solo, grp vs grp etc, useing the abilitys you can use ( also means ts yes, if your fighting one, not popping one infront of fg's/zerg's like u allways do ). Doesnt matter how much your opponent looses with or u for that part, if the fight has been like i said above, its fair. A infil, or any assasin, are designed to kill casters, not "designed to win every 1on1".

Sure, you think daoc is designed for epic wars etc, it even say so in the manual books. THO, you are not the one to judge how ppl wanna play, all ppl play their own game, like yourself, kinda roleplaying style. I dont like that, i prefer a fair fight, with equal fights, and yes, i know its hard for you to understand that, but ppl are different, and thats how i want it.

Also, if this game was made for epic wars, the servers and the program should be able to do that also eh? Which it never has been able to do.

I

Ironfoot

started out in midgard as a thane actaully, later on sb then hib and now albion.

And now albion as an Infil, can we all say FOTM crew together ?

Think you will find its you that is in easy mode

R

-RG-Jaond

Eh so a guy delete he's sb to make a infil and now call mid easy mode? lol

And easy mode = retard? hi mr infil

I

Ilur_oom

the thing i liked most about your post mate was the FREE BEERS part... well think the point is... the concept of fun isnt the same to everyone and if u have fun playing the game, you prolly playing it the right way, either by zerging, soloing 1fg roam etc...

imo the point should be....

i run allways in 1fg and try to find another players roaming in 1fg... but well it's quite anoying if u get zerged by 3 fg's on your 1st run, then u're back and you get a second fg add, then you back once again and u're zerged just outside of PK, then u /rel for the 4th time and back once again and u cant even cross amg cause alot of enemys are camping it and so on and so on... the point imo is people who like to zerg and move in huge numbers should avoid killing the engaging the ones who move in 1fg and are trying to have a even challenge... this applyes also to the stealther classes, what fun it is for 4 or 5 ppl to jump on a solo rr2? imo that's kind a stupid and prolly that guy who got jumped will be so pissed that he will try to get 10 others to kill those 4 or 5 then the whine begins cause someone got zerged by 20 enemys...
Well let the people play the way they like the most and let them have some fair challenges that's my opinion... and i believe it would improve the game alot

Z

Zill

I enjoyed Daoc in the beginning. I was playing my SB during the time Assassins from all realms were rare sightings (yep, that far back), getting a PvE group was difficult a lot of the times especially at higher levels. It was, above all, challenging and PvP was great fun. Then realm abilities, spell crafting, constant patch changes which should have never been implemented, ridiculous amount of people playing stealth classes and increased number of buffbots took the fun away. I may as well be a number when playing my SB: 547 or something.

R

rangerone

Originally posted by Urme the Legend
Smerten = Rudolf

Rudolf is a thane from Mid/Exc who bought an Hib account with a ranger.. and then traded that for an Alb/Exc account with Mincer+Infil etc..

About your signature.. who chosed the easy mode? :p

Hope you are happy with your infil now.. but for GOD sake stop whining on IRC etc about zerg..

You whined when you were playing Midgard.
You whined when you were playing Hibernia.
You are whining now.

Funny quote from you :p

Yeah,

says the guy who created an SB when he heard of the wtfpwning they did with LA. Created a hunter later when he heard how much they rocked with their spears... created an SM when he heard about PBAE... *cough* fotm too then perhaps? :p

n btw, how come ur whining about zerging infils when you yourself usally stand with your hunter(when u play him), at mmg with around 10 other middies. Or just roam around in odins with ur skilled 3fg FOM guys... brave. Even more brave to call me a fotm, since i really dont care about ur fkn whining, when this post wasnt about whining, infact its prolly one of the only fkn posts here on BW which ISNT about whining, dorf :p

Oh btw, remember when i played in FOM and you asked me about a few stuff... perhaps it was in /as.. cba to remember. Should tell you, I still havent found out the names of the mid spies in albion you wanted to know about a year back or so .. was it?

U

Urme the Legend

Yeah,

says the guy who created an SB when he heard of the wtfpwning they did with LA. Created a hunter later when he heard how much they rocked with their spears... created an SM when he heard about PBAE... *cough* fotm too then perhaps? :p

That's better then realm jumping and ebaying my fotm characters :p

Yeah,
n btw, how come ur whining about zerging infils when you yourself usally stand with your hunter(when u play him), at mmg with around 10 other middies. Or just roam around in odins with ur skilled 3fg FOM guys... brave. Even more brave to call me a fotm, since i really dont care about ur fkn whining, when this post wasnt about whining, infact its prolly one of the only fkn posts here on BW which ISNT about whining, dorf :p

Of course I whine when I get zerged :p
A little difference is that you whine at the zerg you used to run with, and you zerg with those you used to whine at.

Yeah,
Oh btw, remember when i played in FOM and you asked me about a few stuff... perhaps it was in /as.. cba to remember. Should tell you, I still havent found out the names of the mid spies in albion you wanted to know about a year back or so .. was it?

And this part I really don't understand?.. can't remember that I asked you to find any mid spies in albion?

B

borf

n btw, how come ur whining about zerging infils when you yourself usally stand with your hunter(when u play him), at mmg with around 10 other middies. Or just roam around in odins with ur skilled 3fg FOM guys... brave.

Might be justified but totally off topic, a true flame

Even more brave to call me a fotm, since i really dont care about ur fkn whining, when this post wasnt about whining, infact its prolly one of the only fkn posts here on BW which ISNT about whining
Seems you have let yourself been dragged into a flamewar after all? Be smart, not a retard.

dorf :p
I feel offended here, not all dwarves are the same :(

where does this come from? An old, I hate you and cba to forget it and now I have found the 'best' place to show how dumb your are Urme' ? Leave this kind of crap out of such a normal thread (atleast how it started)

We didn't even needed Glottis to ruin this thread, guess we are making progress after all :rolleyes:

Borf

Ps: on topic, Ppl play the game as they like, but in the end the only thing 99% of us all is thinking of : realm points.
So leave the moral crap and be honest, everyone "ganks" a stealther when he sees one, cos you know he will do the same when he got the chance...

B

Bebopbo

Only reason why i (& many others i guess) play DAoC now is purely for RvR :) PvE side for me is ubberly dull. I used to enjoy good long battles in RvR,
however this was gimped due to the introdutcion of RA's ...big mistake :( I guess something would have needed to be added to keep ppl going RvR, but RA's were not the answer :(

I remember when we 1st heard about a new expansion for RvR (frontiers as its known now) this was way over a yr ago, & for whatever reasons (SI etc..) it was held back & big dissapointment for ALOT of casual RvR players as i remember... now with the RvR expansion on its way 1nce again (most probably months away yet) i feel its far too little far too late, With new next gen mmorpg's being released or just around the corner (WoW/DnL/Horizons) the chimps behind DAoC should have done alot more to keep its subscribers interested/happy.

Yes i do still play DAoC but ONLY because of 2 reasons & not for the reason's they should be, 1st reason is im part of an RvR guild & a grp leader for 1 of our grps, so leaving DAoC in a way would be letting them down & i still do have a lil fun now & then when im grpd with them :) The other reason is im waiting for DnL to show its face, I know alot of my guild are going to try WoW when its released & chances are they will probably switch to that & hang up there DAoC cloaks, i guess im going to try it as well along with my guild mates :) but DnL is the 1 i will be leaving DAoC for.

DAoC has been around for about 3yrs, imo this is short compared to the likes of EQ/AC etc.. But AC & EQ are still going strong & imo this is down to alot of new features that have been added during there lifespan which has kept ppl interested. DAoC gets updates or patches 1nce every few months or so & most of these patches are just to fix bugs/nerfs etc.. & not really add anyhting "great" to the game itself..this imo has been the biggest problem.

This is just my opinion from what ive experianced while playing DAoC ;)

...roll on DnL :D

B

Blazor Meneth

Or just roam around in odins with ur skilled 3fg FOM guys...

Yes yees yess.... I know it, I knew that u knew that we knew that we are leet....

dorf :p

wtf?! you dont know who your mezin with boi :swords:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom