Strafing in RvR.

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by faderullan
I dont doubt your skill. Why you have to doubt ours?

I don't know you,I judge you for what you say,and your arguments about how kill a mid group looks too simple for me:
a theurg pet all supports,you own all savages they are all ressick or unbuffed if pred ,the pali protect the tanks from savage reactions.

maybe it work against a rr2 savage group.
but honestly since your pali can protect the tanks from savages a warrior can do it on mid tanks(even better cause he is a determination tank and he dosent get mezzed,insta mezzed,rooted for ages like a pali). and he can slam you all giving you an hard time to catch them again being diseased,enought time for them to rape supports;
and explane me how can you state the theurg gonna pet them all,since a mid group got 4-5 players(depend on setups) able to interrupt the theurg (you win the mezz fight,they can purge)

explane me how much time they need to pr a savage and buff him again (we use buffbots here and everyone is plenty of con in battle).

tell me if 2 mercs kill a savage before 2 savages can kill a cloth user.

The absurd is 2 savages kills a tank in plate before 3 tanks can kill a chain support.

edited:spelling

M

mastade

Originally posted by pbuck
LOL excal mids arent any better than prydwen mids its just that they got 20% melee bonus and prydwen mids got 0% bonus.I've played both servers and can comment on this.There is a rr8-rr10 mid group on prydwen too and some others close to rr7-rr8

Mid pryds suck, they hardly got any high rr savages, the only good rvr guilds in mid is Everlast.. and even tho their BD rocks in their grps, its not near as effective as a standard mid/exc fotm grp - i would say they have the same "skills" as RG/BC. And that is what PE is facing on prydwen, its nok like there is a JH and NP version on prydwen, and if there was, they would get their ass kicked. Im not so impressed by PE, and especially not their sleeping sorc.

L

lofff

Originally posted by pbuck
LOL excal mids arent any better than prydwen mids its just that they got 20% melee bonus and prydwen mids got 0% bonus.I've played both servers and can comment on this.There is a rr8-rr10 mid group on prydwen too and some others close to rr7-rr8

aight :eek:

Got myself 50healer on pryd/mid and 50minstrel on pryd/alb and played both realms, only real good mid grp on pryd was MM (i mean compared to jh or np lan grp, fixed setups with same fixed ppl) and they kicked ass there (PE's and FL's asses too..)
Everlast is a good guild, but u cant compare em to fixed grps, anyway yes, pryd alb has sum good rvr guilds who put the effort needed to make a challenge, and actually a good alb grp with ranks and all buttons up should have more than 50% chances on fgvsfg (at least against mids, hibs have it easier against albs:p)
Yes relics make a diff too but we are talking bout gameplay quality.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by Ialkarn
your arguments about how kill a mid group looks too simple for me:

It looked too simple for all of us. I wonder why we've never thought of his cunning plan...:mad:

F

faderullan

I could write a more detailed plan. But would you guys listen? I very much doubt that. Ialkarn for instance. Get a alt if you want to compete. Dont expect a non dw class to do enough damage.

Get right classes, high realm rank, good players. If one of these are missing you wont succeed. Its just impossible. For albs that is.

If you lose, analyze why you lost and perform better next time.

Make sure all people in group are perfectly aware of what they need to do. (No this isnt clear)

I

Ialkarn

I could write a more detailed plan. But would you guys listen? I very much doubt that. Ialkarn for instance. Get a alt if you want to compete. Dont expect a non dw class to do enough damage.

For istance we play whit 3 mercs setups too,I m the only active armsman of my guild,and sometimes I play mercs too.

And tbh "I could write more but I wont" is so last year.

X

xianghua

Originally posted by Subedai-Samil
its like the best team in a lower football league claiming they culd beat the best teams in a higher league without never been against them.

lol total bullshit

i´ve seen alot groups on prydwen which are far better then lots of the excal guilds

most albs on excal dont even use a decent setup (3 merc´s and polearmers 4tehwin)

maybe it would help to ungimp your groups before you come here and whine =)

PE has beaten the best fotm groups on prydwen lots of times and they play faaaaaaar better than any alb group on excal so stfu and get a clue how prydwen RvR is like before you say that excal players >> prydwen players

alb is atleast as strong as hib as a realm maybe a bit weak to mid since we are a bit overpowered atm
i can only say it again its NOT the savages that make mid overpowered its the support that makes the difference and you have alot good tools in alb to interupt the healers/shammy

but all you can do is whine whine whine even if you know that savages get nerfed very soon you just can´t stop to whine

~~Excalibur~~
Seltir lvl 50 Healer r6lx <Jack Herer>
Hatchetdwarf lvl 50 Skald r6lx <inactive>

~~Prydwen~~
GM of Conquest
Xianghua lvl 50 Heroine r7lx <inactive>
Nookah lvl 50 Chanter r3lx <inactive>

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by lofff
aight :eek:

Got myself 50healer on pryd/mid and 50minstrel on pryd/alb and played both realms, only real good mid grp on pryd was MM (i mean compared to jh or np lan grp, fixed setups with same fixed ppl) and they kicked ass there (PE's and FL's asses too..)
Everlast is a good guild, but u cant compare em to fixed grps, anyway yes, pryd alb has sum good rvr guilds who put the effort needed to make a challenge, and actually a good alb grp with ranks and all buttons up should have more than 50% chances on fgvsfg (at least against mids, hibs have it easier against albs:p)
Yes relics make a diff too but we are talking bout gameplay quality.

Funny that because FL wasn't formed when MM were very active(well we wasn't very rvr active at that time)oO

Another pryd comparing to excal argument sigh:eek:

Both servers have their good groups, i am not even going to bother posting anything more it's pointless.

X

xianghua

Originally posted by Ialkarn
Cause the average realm ranks of the whole server,the number of rps earned every week,the total rp earned in the story of the server are lower than Exalibur,so yes you play a lower league.

Prywden:
Realm Points 574,042,410
Last week RP 12,566,237

Exalibur:
Realm Points 1,081,401,473
Last week RP 26,109,390

Prywden:
RR10 11
RR9 15
RR8 45
RR7 77
RR6 207
RR5 415

Exalibur:
RR10 23
RR9 42
RR8 91
RR7 207
RR6 357
RR5 690

maybe cuz prydwen has alot less players than excal =alot less action = alot less rp........

you should rly use your brain or check the player stats correctly before you post such a BS

~~Excalibur~~

~~Prydwen~~
GM of Conquest
Nookah lvl 50 Chanter r3lx

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by xianghua
maybe cuz prydwen has alot less players than excal =alot less action = alot less rp........

you should rly use your brain or check the player stats correctly before you post such a BS

~~Excalibur~~

~~Prydwen~~
GM of Conquest
Nookah lvl 50 Chanter r3lx

Bs ? so what I posted it's not the truth?

Exalibur dosen't have more RvR action and more RvR dedicated guild?

the one he seem to have turned his brain off is you.

I give you another info:
Prywden:
Characters 16,877
Active Characters 10,663
Level 50's 4,857

Exalibur:
Characters 23,407
Active Characters 14,968
Level 50's 7,100

mmm less than the double of lvls 50 on exalibur
less than 50% of more characters and active characters
and what I see? more than the double of rps earned x week and total rps.

so in percentage exalibur players RvR more than Prywden players?
look like that to me.

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by xianghua

but all you can do is whine whine whine even if you know that savages get nerfed very soon you just can´t stop to whine

~~Excalibur~~

~~Prydwen~~
GM of Conquest
Nookah lvl 50 Chanter r3lx <inactive>

Why you bother about nerfs? you can still strafe,JH are v good at that recently..

K

K0nah

Originally posted by mastade
i would say they have the same "skills" as RG/BC. And that is what PE is facing on prydwen, its nok like there is a JH and NP version on prydwen, and if there was, they would get their ass kicked.

/ponder

L

lofff

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Funny that because FL wasn't formed when MM were very active(well we wasn't very rvr active at that time)oO

Another pryd comparing to excal argument sigh:eek:

Both servers have their good groups, i am not even going to bother posting anything more it's pointless.

funny that cos ive seen with my on eyes on our liddul lan u guys fighting em and sum of ur members (at least my rl friend:p) wont b as hypocrit to deny it. Yes u were not as active as u are now, but u were alrdy on the run with ur first gg when u had not so many recruits.

oh, and by then u were not in guild yet. (if i remember right)

S

sethnaket

Why exactly are we lower league? Our average realm rank are probably higher then both np and jh groups.

I dont come say excal people play lower league. Why do you have to say pryd ones do?

Last week, entire prydwen produced 42 million RP - Mid/Exc alone produced 35 million. Last week, entire Mid/Pry produced 15 million RP - JH alone produced 5 million.

That's why Prydwen is a lower league. If you really think that the server that RvR's about a third as much will produce the same skill level of groups then you are very naive. Doesn't matter what sport/game, a persons skill depends on his talent and how much you practice it. Overall, joe excalibur "practices" a whole lot more.

The numbers for mid/exc would be even higher if NP where still playing but they're on hib/pry atm and surprise surprise they're on top of all the lrwp there to, with a poor underpowered caster group.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by sethnaket
Last week, entire prydwen produced 42 million RP - Mid/Exc alone produced 35 million. Last week, entire Mid/Pry produced 15 million RP - JH alone produced 5 million.

That's why Prydwen is a lower league. If you really think that the server that RvR's about a third as much will produce the same skill level of groups then you are very naive. Doesn't matter what sport/game, a persons skill depends on his talent and how much you practice it. Overall, joe excalibur "practices" a whole lot more.

The numbers for mid/exc would be even higher if NP where still playing but they're on hib/pry atm and surprise surprise they're on top of all the lrwp there to, with a poor underpowered caster group.

Poor and underpowered?

In what way?

NP on hib pryd play very good, well lately they been playing the best i have ever seen, their casters certainly aren't underpowered, killing tanks in 4 seconds or so with heat assist debuff nukes but that doesn't bother me too much because casters are suppose to do good damage anyway.Their group is very well put together, each player knows their roles very well and it certainly shows.Probably not on the same level of dem hibbies of course but they are definetly no idiots when it comes to playing a hib caster group good.

S

sethnaket

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Poor and underpowered?

In what way?

It was a dig at the excal hibs/albs who always whine that savages just instakill them and that NP/JH etc would suck at anything but playing mid fotm groups. (look up any of glottis, aussie, vintervargen etc for examples)

F

faderullan

Originally posted by sethnaket

If you really think that the server that RvR's about a third as much will produce the same skill level of groups then you are very naive. Doesn't matter what sport/game, a persons skill depends on his talent and how much you practice it. Overall, joe excalibur "practices" a whole lot more.

If i have the same amount of realm points as a guy on excalibur. Then we have practised it equal, right?

Just because you have more people doesnt mean the average skill is higher.(Im not claiming the opposite either) When i played excal/hib (ok was not for long). I played like a noob i must add. The amount of low realm rank people i saw on 1 day there would take me at least a week to find on prydwen. Cant be that hard to farm all those with a good group.

R

-RG-Jaond

The amount of low realm rank people i saw on 1 day there would take me at least a week to find on prydwen. Cant be that hard to farm all those with a good group.

jepp amount of stupid alb/exc players is very nice ;)

A

Arnor

If i have the same amount of realm points as a guy on excalibur. Then we have practised it equal, right?

Just because you have more people doesnt mean the average skill is higher.(Im not claiming the opposite either) When i played excal/hib (ok was not for long). I played like a noob i must add. The amount of low realm rank people i saw on 1 day there would take me at least a week to find on prydwen. Cant be that hard to farm all those with a good group.

technically, higher rr should mean more on prydwen then on excal, we have more ppl to kill, hence "easier" to get rps in a way.

C

chronictank

ok, theres a eas way of ending this
A couple of you said that you knew how to counter the strafe trick
Would you like to enlighten the rest of us.

even stealthers are at it. I tend to run to where i think thye are going to be and then /stick and backstyles
But this doesnt work most the time

A

Asha

Originally posted by Arnor
technically, higher rr should mean more on prydwen then on excal, we have more ppl to kill, hence "easier" to get rps in a way.

errr unless you're an albie ^^ then it's fooking hard

anyhow who cares about pryd - strafing sux

E

Ensceptifica

I don't know how it's intended, but strafing in a 3d game is one of the most basic movements. I didn't know it made people miss styles on you, but I do know it makes you miss your own. Calling strafing lame is stupid. In my superior opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread