archer lovin

Zoogle

Fledgling Freddie
NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- You can now /settle (value) with a consignment merchant if you wish to remove less than the full amount of cash. Please note that value is in coppers (For example, /settle 20000 results in removing 2 gold from the consignment merchant).

- We have given archers a new ability called Sureshot that is available at 45 bow specialization for Hunters, Rangers, and Scouts. When Sureshot is toggled on, the archer will brace herself against attacks from range, giving her a 100% chance of not being interrupted by any ranged attack, including arrows and spells. Because the bow is being fired from a less natural position, the damage from each arrow is halved. Sureshot cannot be used with Rapid Fire, Critical Shot, Longshot, or Volley. Penetrating Arrow benefits will count towards arrowed fire using Sureshot.

- Wood summoned by Convokers will now disappear when players log out.

- Non list casters who have a spell list (usually be choosing a master level track) should now once again have their spell timers updated correctly.

- We are testing new art for master ability runes, wards, and storms for launch in 1.69. During this process, players may see temporary art placed on these master abilities. In today's version, all of these wards have been reverted back to the ground target widget.

- Legendary weapons made before 1.68 will now have reduced melee, spell, and archery damage bonuses. This change has been made to bring these items in line with the new guidelines established for Trials of Atlantis objects in Version 1.68. For more information, please visit http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1329.shtml.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
you forgot to add.

Free volley

Free tireless

Access to Physical Defense (kinda passive version of AP but a lot weaker)

Access to determination ( :) )

PASSIVE TS (ooo yer)

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
PASSIVE TS (ooo yer)

Its not proooper ts... ooh how we deserved it tho how great would it be to wreak revenge on see hidden'ers. Unfortunately its just like a staged version of detect hidden, still vv nice tho and long overdue :)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
It seems every class gets a nice ability, i can see a use for even some of the apparently underrated abilities.
Some combinations will be powerful as always though and im sure these will be ironed out in a couple of years :m00:

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
censi said:
you forgot to add.

PASSIVE TS (ooo yer)

(Just the 1 quoute Censi)

Yea it's nice but: 1000 cell radius TS: 5+10+15: 30 points ?? ://

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
The new TS = bad game dynamics. Its like the old See Hidden.
If this goes live...assassins MUST team with archers or cancel/reroll.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
it sounds u wouldnt like 2 group up with archers. Archer/Assassin teams r more efficient imo and they will stay more efficient then just a assassin group.

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Its OK with me that archers get some lub finally. But i am agree with Jox. For example, SB with SH, when meet the stealthed archer, start to move to him, cause of meelee attack. He can meet an enemy assasin near archer, defending him, or not - nwm. I just want to say that we need to go closer to be able to hit an enemy (sure, i know about new RA called Shadow Strike for SBs, but range the same as lvl 3 TS and dont forget about cammo). Next. U must know that current SH working based on my and target's stealth lvl. So the range of 700 (if i am remember correctly after-fix SH's range) means nothing. What we have after the new RAs comes live? TS range 1000 or 750 on lvl 2. Dunno, if it based on stealth lvls or not, but looks like archers will start the fight first any time they meet an assasin. And archer dont need to go closer or smthing. He has a ranged attack. So my point of view: TS is a good archers ability, i was dieing many times when TSed, but when it becomes passive and such a high range without any chance for me to get closer to target - dunno... looks like assasins become even more "free rp" than archers atm.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
the TS actually gives the archers some group utility for once, so i suppose its gonna help them in some ways :)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Feinar said:
blablabla

SH is alot longer then 1000 range atm.. even vs 50 stealth (well unless it got changed in toa patch which i doubt as i didnt see anything about that!)

oh.. and.. ITS MF'ING PAYBACK TIME!!!

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
SH is alot longer then 1000 range atm.. even vs 50 stealth

Hm... Are u sure? Try it then. Maybe its true for gray-con, but not for normal RvR's.

As for payback - i know, archers want it. Same as i want to remove mincers from alb's stealth grps. But ur dreams become true, mine not.

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
sucks for assasins i s'pose, as they need to close in for the kill

but really ... for the archer in question it's 'fair' that he can now spot a stealther at 500/1000/whatever units, as he needs to kill at range

archers will no longer be assasins rpcows, can't say i'm sorry about that

then again...i do play a hunter :p

Feinar

Fledgling Freddie
Big Ugly said:
sucks for assasins i s'pose, as they need to close in for the kill

but really ... for the archer in question it's 'fair' that he can now spot a stealther at 500/1000/whatever units, as he needs to kill at range

archers will no longer be assasins rpcows, can't say i'm sorry about that

then again...i do play a hunter :p

Yupp. Its not a big problem at all (i am noticed that usually all things they (Mythic) have anounced not so good or so bad as u think when reading about it. Just dont like Mythic's style of fixing problems: today u god, tomorrow - dropped to the filth.
Ofc, i will play my SB b4 and after the Frontiers comes live on euro to see what changed. And dont forget, its a not final version of RAs. They wanna hear any opinions about that.

Reloaded

Banned
censi said:
you forgot to add.

Free volley

Free tireless

Access to Physical Defense (kinda passive version of AP but a lot weaker)

Access to determination ( :) )

PASSIVE TS (ooo yer)

yeah, bring it on ;<

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Vanish Active Teleports the assassin out of combat to a random location. The distance teleported is based on the listed values. When teleported the assassin is automatically put into stealth mode and has all effects that would break stealth automatically purged. A stealther cannot attack for 30 seconds after using this ability. 900 500 1000 2000 Assassins

From ra review

Now what the fuck assasins have to worry about, you guys are a bit dumb ?

Yes you wont be able to beat archers like before, but you will be able to
survive and assasinate in the middle of a 200 enemy zerg.

Archer shot assasin with ts3, vanish and its even.

Sb is attacked by fotm infil with 2.5 spec points and df, vanish and its even.

End of stealthwar, probaly yes, but crying when you get a quite awesome ability allowing you to really play you class the way it was instended to instead of killing rr2 archers is plainly dumb.

PA+debuff+viper+vanish, 2h sbs maybe again viable, this ability if it works as described will allow assasins and archers to play like their class was designed.

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
dunno if im too happy about the seehidden tbh. i think the reason i like to hunt SB is cos their pretty hard to beat. like i have something to prove, u know the way. and me thinks maybe the sb population may fall to archer levels, i.e 4 on at any given monent, unable to pass mmg etc. but then again, haha, losers, prepare to pay the fiddler, oh, im gonna enjoy this soo much.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
lathoniel said:
dunno if im too happy about the seehidden tbh. i think the reason i like to hunt SB is cos their pretty hard to beat. like i have something to prove, u know the way. and me thinks maybe the sb population may fall to archer levels, i.e 4 on at any given monent, unable to pass mmg etc. but then again, haha, losers, prepare to pay the fiddler, oh, im gonna enjoy this soo much.

Mate, read my post, you wont be able to kill an assasin with vanish up,
he on the other hand wont be able to surprise you either.

Why bother with ts3 anyway, perm ap4.5 + ip + heat weapons + stuns/snares/roots/zephyrs on a scout, doubt any assasin would like to try since he will hardly ever get a pa in.

ts3 should only work if archer stealthed tho, since quite bad in speed gank
groups if it goes live as it is. I hope they make the abilities so archers and assasins can concentrate on ganking stupid casters instead of ganking eachother.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:
Yes you wont be able to beat archers like before, but you will be able to survive and assasinate in the middle of a 200 enemy zerg.

Archer shot assasin with ts3, vanish and its even.

If you have Vanish 3 maybe, Vanish 1 is pretty useless, teleports you 500 units when the archer can see you 1000 away.. The archer would be wetting himself as he mowed you down with no way to defend yourself due to 30 second 'no attack timer'

Its a good get out of jail free card if you spec to level 2 or higher, but it doesnt actually help you kill anyone ..

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Gef said:
If you have Vanish 3 maybe, Vanish 1 is pretty useless, teleports you 500 units when the archer can see you 1000 away.. The archer would be wetting himself as he mowed you down with no way to defend yourself due to 30 second 'no attack timer'

Its a good get out of jail free card if you spec to level 2 or higher, but it doesnt actually help you kill anyone ..

Perm ts to archers and perm ap might indicate that Mythic would like you
to use your new abilites to hunt other stuff than archers and assasins.

If this goes live and you come to try hunt me i will whoop your ass so badly
you will cancel your account 3 min after. On the other hand you might play
smart and own targets which you cannot take today without dying, like a hurt mage in a group. Also ts3 is 30 points as vanish3, ts3 only usefull against
stealthers, while vanish3 is allround. Assasins lose archers as prey but gain a lot of new oppotunities, thats hardly a nerf.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
If Mythic wants us to hunt things other than stealthers then why did they see fit to make our class specific RA one that is only of use against assasins?

Vanish is an escape RA, running away is hardly a 'new opportunity'. Also killing mages at the back of groups .. most call this leeching and its hardly something that arrises regularly. Meeting stealthers however is something that happens a hell of a lot, its unavoidable.

Shades will get something better that much is clear, just hope its enough...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
perm ap4.5

I dont think the new passive form of AP is culumative is it???

Like if you get the top level then thats perma 9 absorb right??

It it isnt and its perma AP4.5 then thats just unbeleivably good.

Where as perma AF 9 increase (ap1) is bad for the cost.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Archer love, and the noob SB's are already bitching.
How typical, I guess getting rr9 beating opponents you know have no chance is not enough...
Starting to think noob sb's are even worse than noob ns like Cyclodia.
Although I never saw Jox make a solo kill anyway, so maybe it is only high rr sb or ns are noobs.
Regards, Glottis :kissit:

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
I dont think the new passive form of AP is culumative is it???

Like if you get the top level then thats perma 9 absorb right??

It it isnt and its perma AP4.5 then thats just unbeleivably good.

Where as perma AF 9 increase (ap1) is bad for the cost.

Im pretty sure it is, everything else in that list is.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
if it is culumative then that needs a damn good nerfing quickly.

perma absorb that high is gonna be way way way too good.

Remeber how much AP3 cost, so u get 30 seconds of 30% absorb bonus once every 15 mins. I think that cost 20 points to get before. They cant go from that perma 17% absorb perminently for same cost (PD 4)

If they do then I know ill be buying that one.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
if it is culumative then that needs a damn good nerfing quickly.

perma absorb that high is gonna be way way way too good.

Remeber how much AP3 cost, so u get 30 seconds of 30% absorb bonus once every 15 mins. I think that cost 20 points to get before. They cant go from that perma 17% absorb perminently for same cost (PD 4)

If they do then I know ill be buying that one.

New ap5 = 34 rp for 26 % absorb
ts3 = 30 rp
ip3 = 30 rp

That is a lot of rp needed, and it will mostly be usefull against the odd assasin
who will attack you.

I was thinking to drop my current ip and ts to new ts2 = 500 range = i can see assasins before they see me, and maybe concentrate rp's on shoting not meleing assasins.

Maybe buy ap to get tank absorb, so archers might be more useful in groups,
maybe buy det and fast purge too. I think its not so clear what will be best,
but it looks like archers will have more choices now.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
stop dreaming, 50% of whats listed there will never survive pendragon and go live in its current form

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Free volley

As it should have been from the start (on recurve line), trust mythic to realise this over a year later on :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom