Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Completely bullsh*t

Votes: 95 55.9%

• Total voters

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
First of all, i would like to thank Mythic for making this patch to the hunters. I have played my hunter for about 6 months now, from lvl 1 to 50 and RR1 to RR5 just dinged the night before patch.

Just telling you this so you wont think i only played it after the patch. I have been out testing the different shots, and i find most of them ok, one need to get used to the different possibilities for the shots now compared to what we had before.

I think that in all ways but one, the archery patch has been nice, cause now you even out damage between you and the casters. Only problem now, is that the siege shot seem to be slower or doing less damage than when i used fools bow before patch. It seems to take somewhat longer time for taking down a door on a tower. That is actually the only complaint i have about the patch, which make a hunter more fun to play for many ppl.

Secondly i would like to state, that after patch, i have also been out, trying to take hunters down, which is absolutely no problem. I went out with my dark sm, and killed 2 who jumped me. So the other way round it is neither a problem. It all comes down to who is more lucky or prepared for the fight.

Hunters seem balanced to me now, having a chance against infiltrators and even nightshades sometime. It is nice not to insta die anymore like one used to.

To comment on your complaint / cry / whine, i can only say that it is very nice to see 4-5 hunters from my guild, acutally knowing how to use a MA macro, and working together. I often say that ppl should not run solo around with their chars, but go together 2-3-4 of them or if it is visible chars make groups not solo, cause the amount of rp they get in the end, often is bigger, and the social aspect is better. I know those guys and yes they have had a laugh about you, i am sure, or they have just done so per instinct, "Enemy inc, (alb or hib), direction" "FIRE". That is what they have trained, and that is how you win. BUT the most important thing about this incident, shows me that ppl from our guild groups, and have a good time playing DaoC which is the most important thing for me to know.

See on the amount of alb or hib stealthers who do NOT go solo but go together, they are of the same school. Maybe we even learned it from them.

The word zerg is an artificial word made up by someone in the daoc community i think. I would put it this way <<Victory through surperior firepower>>.

Same as the motto fo a lot of ppl counts "If it is Red (Green) its dead" a healthy one, cause if you don't follow it, it is your fault among others that your realm is suffering from loosing in rvr.

p.s. I am NOT one of the 4-5 hunters that killed you, i simply know them cause they are in my guild, so flame me for supporting them, not for having been there.

Best regards and Jägers heil, to all the midgardian hunters in the frontiers

Vonwar
Guildmaster of Danish Huscarls

If you couldn't out damage a caster pre 1.88 you were spec'd wrong.

Talking from a bowspec point of view from RR2 to RR8 overall damage is way down against casters, but up against everyone else.

I guess most hunters prior to 1.88 were balanced or melee spec are they were almost unkillable, no idea what there spec'ing now must for 50 + add or something.

Everytime I pop from stealth to attack, i get nailed by 3/4 hunters scouts, maybe time for some ranger groupage.

Eble

mixi

Fledgling Freddie
did hunter pet get some love to as its so lame that hunter hit you for 350+ every time whit his weap and his pet for 350+ allso

brad

Fledgling Freddie
It's shit but i don't find it that bad. Only crit shots get on my nerves on my warrior. You can be nearly finishing a fight, then bang your dead as you've been hit for like 600 dmg by like 4 scouts. Your like arghhhh bastards!!

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
did hunter pet get some love to as its so lame that hunter hit you for 350+ every time whit his weap and his pet for 350+ allso

Prolly after a Pincer from the pet can the pet hit so hard.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
If you couldn't out damage a caster pre 1.88 you were spec'd wrong.

Talking from a bowspec point of view from RR2 to RR8 overall damage is way down against casters, but up against everyone else.

I guess most hunters prior to 1.88 were balanced or melee spec are they were almost unkillable, no idea what there spec'ing now must for 50 + add or something.

Everytime I pop from stealth to attack, i get nailed by 3/4 hunters scouts, maybe time for some ranger groupage.

Eble

Time for a ranger group? When did the time every stop for you? lol

islef

Loyal Freddie
i voted good (and no i dont play an archer). i sincerely dont think the patch is retarded, i can see it must be very annoying for casters to be dead before they know what hit them, but hey tables turned mates.

The thing that piss me (and apperently most others) off is the amount of archers and the playstyle of these hordes. It seems it is against the archer CoC to leave home without 2-5 mates. Or maybe they are all solo, i owuld not know. All i know is, that i utterly enjoy killing grps of 50 bow hunters with no purge. I still think that assasins should wipe the floor with archers 1vs1 if the assisns use their brains.
Had to change my playstyle abit, and run away to loose los when popped by a mos5 hunter but that works fine.

My 2cents anyway. Class is not OP, it is the majority of people that play them that are broken and need a hotfix!

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Hey islef... Didn't we meet your group on limors the past few days? :>

(Arctic Rose, black armour + purple cloaks)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Can i just post a disclaimer for this weekend that i might add on afew fights cos i just wanna see what the damage is like and if i sit around waiting for solos it`ll soon get dull:p

is this a pisstake thread??!?!?! :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
sometimes pets are more efficient than certain players...

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
anything that bring more archers out is good , gotta love this patch :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
finding the archers very fun indeed tbh - aint played a stealther since old frontier, however its not as easy asyou think to 'just solo'. Let me give you an example of what I mean.. see solo caster, hit crit shot, get him to 50% or so, then fire a couple of rapids to break bt/brittle... by that time you are mezzed or so. Yes, the random noob caster wont notice were you are and will eventually die, however for the good casters who pan its different. On the otherhand, using 2 rangers, critting each can easily insta kill the caster or take him to 10%.

Obviously if you are 50 bow, your melle is limited and even if your melle spec your damage islimited since the cD nerf. Decent Shadowblades/infs totally rox you with wep skill debuff unless you have purge, which I dont have atm due to being mos5 which is a must have. Although there are a few gimp stealthers around who I can beat in Melle. Me and Taggerz only being rvring 5 days now, we are both very close to rr6 and im hoping a change of spec will boost our melle abilities.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
finding the archers very fun indeed tbh - aint played a stealther since old frontier, however its not as easy asyou think to 'just solo'. Let me give you an example of what I mean.. see solo caster, hit crit shot, get him to 50% or so, then fire a couple of rapids to break bt/brittle... by that time you are mezzed or so. Yes, the random noob caster wont notice were you are and will eventually die, however for the good casters who pan its different. On the otherhand, using 2 rangers, critting each can easily insta kill the caster or take him to 10%.

Obviously if you are 50 bow, your melle is limited and even if your melle spec your damage islimited since the cD nerf. Decent Shadowblades/infs totally rox you with wep skill debuff unless you have purge, which I dont have atm due to being mos5 which is a must have. Although there are a few gimp stealthers around who I can beat in Melle. Me and Taggerz only being rvring 5 days now, we are both very close to rr6 and im hoping a change of spec will boost our melle abilities.

solo is easy , just stay ungrouped and you covered the basics then with mos 5 it should be np to move away from the other people from your realm!

- English -

Resident Freddy
solo is easy , just stay ungrouped and you covered the basics then with mos 5 it should be np to move away from the other people from your realm!

lol soloing is easy, its all about timing it right not to get ximjimi guy insta poping from nowere to add:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom