Feel free

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
how exacly is bainshee overpowerd compared to other casters?

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
1. Highest delve base nuke
2. CoE spell (nice for bombing/pet killing interupts and stuff)
3. Magic abs

sux tho because none debuffs for them because void elds are dead, all alb/mid grps run with body sists :eek: They dont have baseline stun either :eek:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Ati said:
1. Highest delve base nuke
2. CoE spell (nice for bombing/pet killing interupts and stuff)
3. Magic abs

sux tho because none debuffs for them because void elds are dead, all alb/mid grps run with body sists :eek: They dont have baseline stun either :eek:
It's not like they need the debuff tho? :x I'd be doing 600ish on my sorcs, without getting debuffed, so that's only going to get better for bainshees, so they're not lacking :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
It's not like they need the debuff tho? :x I'd be doing 600ish on my sorcs, without getting debuffed, so that's only going to get better for bainshees, so they're not lacking :p

600 with a sorc, without debuff?

Man, what gimps are you nuking on? :eek:

And bains dont nuke for 600 on a properly resistbuffed target with capped body in template, not even close. With a crit yes, without, noway in hell.

Only silly thing with bains is the taunt, but, without that, nobody would really play a bain in opted RvR I think.

X

xGenocidex

Most i've been nuked off a sorc without debuff is about 580 or so.. and tbh considering bainshee's single target delve it does shit damage :S i don't think they need a nerf... sm's+sorcs need a nerf... those are the most unskilled shit daoc has to offer

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
+sorcs need a nerf... those are the most unskilled shit daoc has to offer

have ya played a sorc? try trying to outmezz insta's + sos in enemy groups.

try lifetap damage at baby realm ranks.

or try getting 3 shotted by a bainshee inside you q/c mezz timer.

sorcs are situationly overpowered, i wish it was every situtation but its not.

in my opinion it takes alot of skill to be a good sorc.

but maybe u just know better? :<

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Commandment said:

Tell me exactly in what situation a rr5 sorc can be beaten by a tank ???

Take into account unless the sorc is a total spastic he/she will have ml9 pet+MoC 3 ....

/Discuss:m00:

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
Tell me exactly in what situation a rr5 sorc can be beaten by a tank ???

Take into account unless the sorc is a total spastic he/she will have ml9 pet+MoC 3 ....

/Discuss:m00:

warlord ability scare pet away, soi lasts 20seconds. Im rr7 on sorc and only have moc 1 for demezzing.

and i told you not every situtation.

+ moc 3 is LT damage reduced to 75% ZoM + Demo , i hit for piss , im sure a decent RR tank could outdamage my LT then. and a Banespike/Battler debuff wouldnt go a miss!

too many fights these days depend on arti timers/ml abilitys/RA's ... My minstrel is a fucking joke :<

---------------------------------------------------------

tell me in what situtation can i beat a rr5 nightshade who lands pa + cd and purge is down.

take into account the nightshade is not a total spastic and he/she can hit the garotte button

+ id love for you to play a sorc jim^^ not a chance u would be able to hack it :) now where is my fire wizzy duo partner? :<

@ punishment only! sorcs are "hardmode" get it get it !!!!! xDD <3

Olvoair

Fledgling Freddie
Commandment said:
tell me in what situtation can i beat a rr5 nightshade who lands pa + cd and purge is down.

unless he is a total spastic and cant hit his garrotte button.
Not like ur supposed to beat a stealther that got in a pa. kinda same for a tank being discovered at range by a caster :)

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Commandment said:

I second this, Sorc would be realy nice if all of the NF was totaly flatt with no trees, mobs .. anything, so you can use your range full out.. Tell me, what use is a bolt range mezz in bridge/keep fights or when the topography makes the line of sight more like 700 before you can target anything?

Would say a mezzer with chain and insta CC is a bit better then some extra range, included that the sorc gets a bit more dex.

SoS should maybe be left in this conversation, as all realms can have it (even tough a sorc on SoS can be by bast the insta mezz... onely to be stoped by the insta stun.. A stun he will most likely not survive in his nice littel cloth pyjamas)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Rhana said:
I second this, Sorc would be realy nice if all of the NF was totaly flatt with no trees, mobs .. anything, so you can use your range full out.. Tell me, what use is a bolt range mezz in bridge/keep fights or when the topography makes the line of sight more like 700 before you can target anything?

Would say a mezzer with chain and insta CC is a bit better then some extra range, included that the sorc gets a bit more dex.

SoS should maybe be left in this conversation, as all realms can have it (even tough a sorc on SoS can be by bast the insta mezz... onely to be stoped by the insta stun.. A stun he will most likely not survive in his nice littel cloth pyjamas)

SOS is overrated. SW > SoS :<

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Yes, of course...Sorcs are overrated...And pigs can fly...and George W. Bush is the best president the US ever had :p

Now, to come back on the original topic of the thread...as someone stated on the Glastonbury version of his thread: Bainshees are only OP'ed if played properly (unlike sorcs or pre-nerf Warlocks...those are classes that can't be played in the wrong fashion), and there are far more sucky bainshees than good ones.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Sorcs are semi-overpowered if you solo and spec purely for solo, I'd say no more than a bonedancer or SM tho.

In groups they are one of the hardest classes there is to play.

ML9 pets need a nerf across the board, that's about the only thing wrong however.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I don't know what's more strange, the Tic whining about Bainshees with x-posting and idiotic polls or the people turning it into a Sorc whine?

/clap

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
wtf at albs saying sorcs are underpowered.
hmm, yes thats the reason there alb rvr population is 50% sorc

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
i think bains are ok... bit OP whit the taunt... but thats what they for :p

Puree

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:

Might be many Solo sorc, but 90% of those can't play em, I find it very hard to get a good sorc for grp, there aint many of those im afraid, im soon rr9 on my sorc, mainly just grp, only ml6 and I do ok solo, it's so mcuh harder then ppl think, msot often MoC 3 dont help, casue you are malcie debuff etc so tank/stealtehr mostly outdamage your MoC dmg alot, On the other side ppl abusing SoI + ML9 pet I agree is OP, I have not tested it cause Im too lazy on the ML side. I dont say Sorc are underpowered or overpowered, just that there aint many good sorc around, and too paly a sorc in fg really test your skills. Too mezz a grp infront of you that have skald/bard speed with instas is hard, even harder if they come from behind/side. Think ppl need to ckeck from both sides before whajning. I could say Enchnater is so damn easymode, baseline stun + pbaoe/debuff nuking so skilless bla bla bla, try a chnater its not that easy only form of CC u have is a 9 sec stun that can be purged etc.
Almost all classes have some side that is overpowed and the other side that is the oposit.......But I can agree In solo rvr that you dont see much of these day, Sorc mezz range+casting speed is abit overpowered, but in the end, it all makes up for it. This compared with SoI+ML9 pet and if needed MoC 3+Lajftap. Spiritmaster have almost the same way, but have no SoI and a pet that intercept most of the melee attacks, dont forget Sm got a better lajftap and better life retun from it. But its the way: Alb got betetr mezz range + speed and midds/hibbs got slower cast speed, lower range, but also insta CC.
And I so much hate seeing all these BDs, SMs and Wls whajning how bad there classes is and instead of keep whajning, bite in the sour apple and keep on. All classes got its shiny and dark sides, live with it, face the troubles, get over it and keep on grinding, instead of stick around here on FH and my class is so useless, that class is so overpowerd, nerf it plz. Have you never came up with the idea, maybe you are a bad player, and instead of blaming yourself, u blame on others??:kissit:
But I guess it's mothernature fault, its in the Humannature to Whajn ;)

:m00:

Been Playing Dark Age of Castalot since Beta
30+ 50s on All Realms

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
True :)
most of the OP'edness of a class comes from the fact that there is a guy now and then who is excellent at playing them. All of a sudden, you see all the leet boys, who want to farm RP's, rolling the class in question because it's "omfg teh r0xx0rz".
And then there's so much of the damn twats that everyone cries out for nerf.

Now, I have to say that in some cases the cry for nerf is/was justified, like for the pre nerf warlocks. And yes, sorcs should be nerfed IMHO. (but not nerferd into the point of oblivion, like they did with shadowblades in the early days of DaoC)

Then again, we're straying from the original topic here. It's about Bainshees guys :) please remember that

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps the bainshees baseline nuke should have its casting time increased to 2.8 secs in line with every other spec nuke since it already does better damage than them outright. However like people have said hibs never run a body debuffer whereas most albs have body debuff, most hibs have heat debuff and caster heavy mid groups often have cold debuff, so bainshees will do less damage than most other casters with a decent assist. Uninteruptable-interupt is annoying but they can't do damage while using it, and magic ablative is not a big issue unless your group casters are assisting badly. Cone abusers were really what made bainshees so hated by some, but thats been completely fixed now.

No I don't think they need a nerf unless 10+ other classes get minor nerfs too.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
I don't know what's more strange, the Tic whining about Bainshees with x-posting and idiotic polls or the people turning it into a Sorc whine?

/clap

looool! ....sigh.... looool!

First time I have been called a whiner :D Yay, Im finaly a REAL poster on FH! hehe!

If I may interupt you in your /clap-ing and have your attention for a sec...
I quote my self from the top of this thread (in case you didnt bothered to read it):

Rhana said:
This poll was made for Glaston, but since many on the cluster has toons there aswell, feel free to vote you too.

And its just that, many of the gamers on the clusters are my realm mates or is playing Mid or Hib and if they have gone back to the cluster, Im not sure they pop by the Glaston forum anylonger.. But as you appears to be sutch a smart person that knows better then this whining, x-posting tic with his idiotic poll, Im sure you understood this right away.. Not to mention the sorc part... Im confused that sutch a highly intelligent person as your self, cant understand the living and changing states of forums and that persons by there nature as humans naturaly will add there oppinions about other classes that they fell strong for/against...

Well, Mr Depressiv, take your medication, a deep breath and relax.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:

about 5% of those sorcs are good, dont get me wrong ml9 pet needs a nerf all around the realms.

i can count the number of good sorcs i would trust to lead a group on my right hand :< well only the ones i know ofc.

+on topic bainshees dont need a nerf, well maybe just the range on that fooking taunt, good bainshee can keep up to three people intrupted with that thing. bainshee damage isnt too impressive with 50% body.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Commandment said:

Sorc is really easy to play, but can be fucking good fun some times ;p

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vintersorg said:
Yes, of course...Sorcs are overrated...And pigs can fly...and George W. Bush is the best president the US ever had :p

If that was aimed at me, then I said SoS not sorcs :p

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Sorc is really easy to play, but can be fucking good fun some times ;p

sorcs aint allways easy :< espicly when your grp insists you drive and upon entering clip range of our grp, kippie insta nearsights you.

there is no fun in that lemme tell you :< :touch:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Kippie is the most annoying eldritch ever!

Damn you Vodkafairy!

:p

X

xGenocidex

Puree said:
Might be many Solo sorc, but 90% of those can't play em

so true ^^ i've met maybe 3-4 sorcs that can actually play it.. the rest have gotten high rr due to either zerging, farming xpers, running around with a di bot.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Of course this is slightly skewed due to the fact that most people on FH wouldn't group a random sorc so would never meet 90% of sorcs or see them play...

Most sorcs will appear to be quite bad in a PUG with 2 scouts and no clerics :p

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
compare bainshee vs a chanter, chanter got ml9 pet,stun,debuff nukes,almost 2x higher delve pbaoe then bainshee cone,2.6sec baseline dd not so high delve as bainshee dd but whit 50% heat debuff it does shitloads of damage in a very short time.
but bainshee got taunt!
look at sm they nuke as high or even higher then bainshee aswell its 90% 2,5sec cast lifetap and mid grps usualy got cold debuffer in group also, the pet they have is retarded tbh..immune to melee damage Zzz,they have 2 types of CC root and mezz(both pb and aoe mezz),aoe d/q, AND s/c debuff dex debuff,str debuff, they have blue pbaoe what is exacly the same delve as bainshee cone but sm pb is 2.5sec while bain cone is 3sec cast..and pbaoe is alot better usualy as you hit the pets around you not just infront of you.
but bainshee got taunt!
dont even wanna talk about sorcs,cabas AND THE MOST EVIL CLASS IN THIS GAME THE THUERGIST!, you have to be retarded irl to say bainshee is overpowerd compared to those other casters cos...
Bainshee got taunt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom