Emote spams

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
its quite sad goa actually bother wif this since in mythic servers there is no such thing as spam and no gm's ever complain about it, oh and btw roaken if u call 2 spam then u should tell that to horner he does 3 x /rude on every kill.

GOA are french... the whole point in being born "French" is to be different from the rest of the world... stuck up *****.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm all i can remember about spam is that 5 emotes was considered a spam...not 2 not 3 and not 4 but 5.....
btw was Req that said it , and just some week after it also stod in the weekly news......but as said u can allways /ignore , i´m not 1 of those that have emotes bind to a q-bar and rarely use emotes , but i dont have any problems with ppl doing emotes since its in the game mecanics .
But i guess it all has to do with the age and how mature ppl are. A spam can easy b overlooked :).......feel free to spam me how much u want :kissit:

PS : make LOVE not WAR....ooh duh forgott what game it was :p

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
IF emote spam is so terrible why havn't Mythic/GOA introduced some sort of flood/spam control, so you can't send an emote more then lets say 3 times before it kicks in...

blame the Creators not the players

I disagree with this, you give people the tools to communicate in game, if people abuse it you dont blame the tool, any more than you blame the gun or the knife for murdering someone.

Mageslayer

Fledgling Freddie
Ahahah :D

Ty Petz for this lovely report, im sure i can take another SS of brite and Eul spaming if i go in game and zerg their asses :D
That way we would have 2 idiots less in game :bazbeer:

haha ive np with it just rolling new char and ganck u with it from rr1 til rr11 once again moron

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
its quite sad goa actually bother wif this since in mythic servers there is no such thing as spam and no gm's ever complain about it, oh and btw roaken if u call 2 spam then u should tell that to horner he does 3 x /rude on every kill.

You missed the point. There was more than 3 emotes spammed. Roaken was just making a point that 2 emotes could be considered spam (if they choose to) as the second one was superflous. Bans could of been handed out but they werent. I think he handled the situation well - talking to the person directly, rather than just resorting to the ban stick.

Things are really really simple here.

The english GM's are required to enforce the CoC, to spam people is against the CoC (interpreted as abuse by GoA). If somebody reports emote spamming, they have to act (its one of their job responsibilities). If they didnt they wouldnt be doing their job.

So whatever you think about the ins and outs of how many spams is acceptable, whether or not people should be allowed to spam at all within the game mechanics or how lame somebody is who resorts to reporting somebody for it - its simple enough - you know the rules - if you emote spam, you risk a ban, so just dont do it, unless you are prepared to take the consequences.

And if you do take the consequences dont whine about it here.

And if you get let off with a warning and a chat with the GM, thank your lucky stars that the GM was magnanomous enough to recognise that handing out bans aint necessarily the best course of action with the population as it is. And ask yourself how you think Req may of handled it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
he would have probably spoken to the albs in question over msn and then summoned a bunch of high level NPCs

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie

To me GOA have got themselves into a hole that they cant get out of. They took a stance on a petty subject that now is an serious mis-direction of resources for them. Agree that the line in the sand is drawn but at some stage somebody at GOA needs to step back and take a serious look at wtf they are doing and say enough is enough.

Requiel applied his interpatation of what the SoTG in the CoC means which appeased the grievers of the game but look at the outcome, look where the game has evolved to now.

If we meet an inc group and u spam /surrender do u deserve a ban? I think not......... enough is enough.

Btw if u cant get ur hands on a gun then what?

Box4m

Fledgling Freddie
ok lets get things cooking in this thread, for you brite and eul it was me who reported you both and im not ashamed to admit it in my opinion 1 emote is enough to get your message across, and these screen shots are the same as the ones i sent to rightnow :kissit: :flame:

You rock

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
For anyone to bother qbinding emotes is beyond beleif. Shouldn't those slots be kept free for useful things such as /release and /quit?

I hate to think how these people exist in real life.

Mind you GOA are as bad for even responding to such nonsense.

Well you have got a whole keyboard to qbind with, with shift modifier across 10*10*3 qb slots. Not like you run out of space. Ive just got /surrender and /yawn bound, but mostly forget about the yawn one.

C

Carss

not got any bound but it looks like im going to change to an array of emotes as i like to roleplay a very angry valkyn! (i tried to tell roaken this but he logged off too fast)

The GOA GMs are always far too busy!

sshot060yv1.gif

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
To me GOA have got themselves into a hole that they cant get out of. They took a stance on a petty subject that now is an serious mis-direction of resources for them. Agree that the line in the sand is drawn but at some stage somebody at GOA needs to step back and take a serious look at wtf they are doing and say enough is enough.

Requiel applied his interpatation of what the SoTG in the CoC means which appeased the grievers of the game but look at the outcome, look where the game has evolved to now.

If we meet an inc group and u spam /surrender do u deserve a ban? I think not......... enough is enough.

Btw if u cant get ur hands on a gun then what?

Aye, im just trying to say, dont lay it at the feet of Roaken - its GoA that have made the ruling, and decided to interpret it as abuse. He has to enforce that. And the approach he took I think was a pretty reasonable one, infact the best under the circumstances.

This issue is a bit like the offensive names - no action is taken until the gms receive a complaint - as soon as that happens they are forced to take action as its what they are employed to do.

Maeloch had it right really, its just griefers getting back at griefers. Two sides of the same coin. Wouldnt be happy if we lost a 'personality' like Brite or a player like Eul over something so daft that they only have themselves to blame for, but thats their lookout and I wouldnt lose much sleep over it.

I have accidently spammed one person a few times with more than one surrender, but I think the people who got the spam understood the context, and context is what leads the receiving player to right now it or not.

Oh, im not arguing that people should be banned for emote spamming at all, just really agree with you (but using more words!) where you say goa have dug a bit of a hole, but asking some people not to slag roaken off here, as he didnt apply the rule of the law, but showed he is prepared to talk to people and be sensible and flexible.

C

Carss

Aye, im just trying to say, dont lay it at the feet of Roaken - its GoA that have made the ruling, and decided to interpret it as abuse. He has to enforce that. And the approach he took I think was a pretty reasonable one, infact the best under the circumstances.

This issue is a bit like the offensive names - no action is taken until the gms receive a complaint - as soon as that happens they are forced to take action as its what they are employed to do.

Maeloch had it right really, its just griefers getting back at griefers. Two sides of the same coin. Wouldnt be happy if we lost a 'personality' like Brite or a player like Eul over something so daft that they only have themselves to blame for, but thats their lookout and I wouldnt lose much sleep over it.

I have accidently spammed one person a few times with more than one surrender, but I think the people who got the spam understood the context, and context is what leads the receiving player to right now it or not.

Oh, im not arguing that people should be banned for emote spamming at all, just really agree with you (but using more words!) where you say goa have dug a bit of a hole, but asking some people not to slag roaken off here, as he didnt apply the rule of the law, but showed he is prepared to talk to people and be sensible and flexible.

Dont really want to slag off GMs because the ones atm havnt really done anything wrong, i wonder if they get a say in what rules are enforced and who actually decides this crap. But wasnt going to be told 2 emote is spam and not bring it up as i think thats a bit of a joke tbh.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie

Love the way you put things :flame:

Mageslayer

Fledgling Freddie
brite u sux go roll a new toon :)
nah dont blame gms they just doing their job its just stupid kids who report ppl for emoting but they dont send their own emotes that makes me laugh. Must be frustrating for em to get ganck all over again asa they put their zergy feet on frontiers, i can understand em :) btw petz as a stealthzerger once said welcome to KOS list ill say welcome to gancklist now on all ur toons. It wont help u if u lvl ur gimped warlock to 50 to avoid being gancked ill just go roll a hib char and ganck u with it instead.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
nah dont blame gms they just doing their job its just stupid kids who report ppl for emoting but they dont send their own emotes that makes me laugh. Must be frustrating for em to get ganck all over again asa they put their zergy feet on frontiers, i can understand em :)

Yeah i mean bloody victims pointing out the criminals behind the mirroed glass <sarcastic>
Imagine how perfect the world would be if robbers and other petty criminals wouldnt be reported lol
You are indeed very funny :D

Like Prodical said, if you dont like the rules and choose not to obey them you can either play another game or feel the consequences... but i think your too daft to understand this concept

occy

Loyal Freddie
nah dont blame gms they just doing their job its just stupid kids who report ppl for emoting but they dont send their own emotes that makes me laugh. Must be frustrating for em to get ganck all over again asa they put their zergy feet on frontiers, i can understand em :) btw petz as a stealthzerger once said welcome to KOS list ill say welcome to gancklist now on all ur toons. It wont help u if u lvl ur gimped warlock to 50 to avoid being gancked ill just go roll a hib char and ganck u with it instead.

lol u and septina really shines in this thread. Go get em tigers

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah i mean bloody victims pointing out the criminals behind the mirroed glass <sarcastic>
Imagine how perfect the world would be if robbers and other petty criminals wouldnt be reported lol

Not adding a lot new here kin, and get some perspective. You analogy is flawed for two reasons.
1) You can prevent yourself from receiving emote spams from individuals
2) No persistent harm is done (sticks and stones may break my bones etc etc.)

But you can see my opinions from past posts anyhow, just though i'd point the above out.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Not adding a lot new here kin, and get some perspective. You analogy is flawed for two reasons.
1) You can prevent yourself from receiving emote spams from individuals
2) No persistent harm is done (sticks and stones may break my bones etc etc.)

But you can see my opinions from past posts anyhow, just though i'd point the above out.

True, but the point is. Im not the one breaking the rules so it is not my responsability to have the work make the ignores
Second of all, if i can get rid of another idiot in this game by doing such a simple thing as a report i will :p

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
True, but the point is. Im not the one breaking the rules so it is not my responsability to have the work make the ignores
Second of all, if i can get rid of another idiot in this game by doing such a simple thing as a report i will :p

reminds me of when i was a kid playing football and when the owner of the football was loosing bad he would just pick up the ball and run home to his mother leaving the rest to rot......... grow the fuck up noobhead

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie

Hmmmm...who is the idiot..... dont think there is a doubt about who that is now:puke:

C

Carss

reminds me of when i was a kid playing football and when the owner of the football was loosing bad he would just pick up the ball and run home to his mother leaving the rest to rot......... grow the fuck up noobhead

haha xD

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Wonder since when the fuck this was put in CoC?
It was 3 emotes since not long ago, now it's 2, tomorrow?
It depends on how many times they go bio in the day i guess.
Let alone that i wonder how Horner could go away emote spamming for years and now, suddenly, it becomes a problem.
Wts consistency tbfh.

That said; it seems the most important thing to care about at this state of the game.

delete

Can't get enough of FH

haha so true, repped! :worthy:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
ok lets get things cooking in this thread, for you brite and eul it was me who reported you both and im not ashamed to admit it in my opinion 1 emote is enough to get your message across, and these screen shots are the same as the ones i sent to rightnow :kissit: :flame:

U are sad, and i won't add anything more cause i don't wanna get banned -.-

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH

So you lost on Football and runed home with ball? awwww :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom