Why and when do you emote?

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
I was quite happy killing an AFK Paladin in a 1 v 1 when two BMs using charge added and killed me.... and they rofl me...which I thought was odd....
But it got me thinking.... why and when do you emote?

Is it just noobs that /rofl after every kill? Why do people do this? It's it supposed to make the dead target log off, is it meant to show they are uber in some way?

I still can't quite grasp all the emoting that goes on, and speaking to some guildies who play Hib/prydwen the say Mids do the same so it appears all three realms do it….

So anyway …
I do /cry to an enemy player I'm fighting is added on and dies
I do /salute if I killed a player who gave a good fight (normally low rr).
I do /rude when I'm zerged down by a FG or a stealth zerg or if the if the enemy is just a twat (e.g. Horner)
Other than that I rarely emote.....

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
maybe they thought you were rp farming, since the paladin wasnt fighting back

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I do /cry to an enemy player I'm fighting is added on and dies
I do /bow if I killed a player who gave a good fight.
I do /rude when I'm zerged down by a FG or a stealth zerg or if the if the enemy is just a twat (e.g. Horner)
Other than that I rarely emote.....

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
i rude an laugh/rofl at pp i dont like after i killt them or zergt them :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i /rofl or dismis zerglings/useless bridge campers if i happen to find them alone and cream them. /hug /cheer /salute /bow etc people i respect or people who have given me a good fight.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
/cry for people im fighting that get added on
/hug for people I like who I kill or see get killed
/kiss usually if im being cheeky or just in an odd mood.
/salute for someone who gives me a good fight
/bow same as above

/laugh at people whom have zerged or done something lame to me before or I simply do not like. Also used against groups that try to chase me back to beno when they are camping bridges etc at 3 am in the morning because they are so desperate for their 200 rps.

/rude i rarely use this, laugh gets the message acrosss better.

Lythande

Fledgling Freddie
I usually /bow after any 1v1 if I win just for the fact that they went out solo.

The exception is ml9 pet-casters who press Summon Mastery and then run around like a headless chicken wondering why I'm not dieing, they usually get nothing or a /yawn.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
/laugh is for determine
/hug is for reg
/no is for ppl chasing me who prolly won't kill me
/worship is for polly
/dismiss is for ging

that is all I can think of

they need to add:
/tickle
and
/<3

I don't generally spam stuff on ppl, maybe sometimes a laugh or a hug.

pip

Banned
I /laugh most of ya cause I can:) maybe I /laugh ya cause I find albs/hibs gay:p

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i use all emotes to try and get a cross to players....problems is they get missunderstood some which leads to agrevation at times:p
Usually ruding when people attack in more numbers...or when people attack me and use speed to get away:p or just run to tower or such.
Hugs after fights if a nice person. And salut to a tough opponent.
eb.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
/rofl at warlocks bonedancers.......
/rude at zergers ( i mean fg's that can kill only soloers and nothing more ps. wazie golden age peeps etc etc etc)
/clap on a nice fight vs a caster or on 1 vs 1 stealthers that i dont add ( rare case from now on i promise)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Only /rude at Swedes, might throw in a few /slit and ofc the /rofl here and there.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm

/rude for zergling adding scumbags
/rofl for runners training for special olympics
/hug for the rest

get to do quite a few /rudes these days

Corran

Part of the furniture
/rofl or /rude for most people (zergers, adders, campers etc_

/hug or /kiss for people i like

/ponder at tanks that keep chasing me even though i dont plan to kill them. Eventually followed by /shrug, killing them then /ponder and /slap

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i'm friendly so just hugs for all. and /taunt in zergstandoffs.

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
comon horner post here!! i wana see your reasons for your emotes

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
My emotes are pretty much cut down to /mil or /bow after a good fight I manage to survive. And a /rude if people add.

Other than that I just freakishly /wave at guildies I recognise from the other side, which usually gets me stealthers on my trail (hi kox ;) ).

But then, as a solo player I nowadays dont get much chance to emote.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
/bow or /curt is used before or after a fight. Before if it's the /beckon and /bow type of fight. After if it was a clean, fair fight.
/hug is something i might use after a fight, after /bow or /curt, if it's someone i like.
If i only do /hug after a fight, it's usually if the one i fought didn't stand a chance. Either because he had the wrong class or RR or because he got very unlucky or i got lucky.
/rude and /laugh is for the zergers or whenever i'm in a bad mood and get outnumbered. If i'm drunk, i often hand out more /rudes than i normally would.
In OF, i had /rude bound to a key and would spam it on the first guy i could target when a group chased me.
/salute is something i very rarely use. That's an emote i save for the opponents i really respect or those that put up a damn good fight. Might be lower RR people that wouldn't normally stand a chance, but still did their best and gave me a hard fight. Only used after a fight.
/military ...don't know if i've even used it. I rarely use /salute and /military is even rarer.
If i ever do a /military to you, that means i think you're really something special.:)

illu

Part of the furniture
/hug /hug /mil Nice fight, hope you come back and we can fight again
/hug /cheer /clap Great fight, whether I was involved or not
/rude for Adding casters or FGs that try and steamroll you
/slap for most Archers except ppl like Censi and Dafft
/cry at anyone that was killed when the odds were against them
/y you played lame
/y /y you were a bit of an arse
/y /y /y Fill in your own random expletives, basically the 3 limit of spam emotion to express what total _____s the people were that killed me are :>
/worship Dafft, Faiotan, fellow sb's
/shrug for some lowbie idiot that tries to attack you when you blatently have let them live, they try and pop you in front of their mates so that they all can kill you, they attack and you evade still in stealth and then you PA+CD+Backstyles+Poisonspike and walk away with 90% health and get away :>

One I have trouble with is, I can't work out the /onward one for enemy - to basically say to them to move on.

Oli - Illu

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
One I have trouble with is, I can't work out the /onward one for enemy - to basically say to them to move on.

It's /charge :/

Look at your last vid again, you see me using it to motion you on onward, but you still attacked :|.

Ransome

Fledgling Freddie
most retarted is players that still do /bow to you (like it was a good fight) when they zerg/add you with 4 or more players. Thats just freaking stupid.

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
i /hug anyone i kill 1v1 mainly cos if i beat em they need some hugs :p
i /rofl horner and anyone who has added on me and died
i /cry and /hug any1 i see who has been zerged down and is a known solo'r

and i had been tryin to work out that onward to oli, guess we are both a bit slow :p

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i /rude /rofl /lau at ppl i dont like
/hug ppl i like
/kiss every famale char i like :flame:
and ofc /bow after a nice fight ;)

ps: i like to spam kisses at chandi ;)

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Ransome said:
most retarted is players that still do /bow to you (like it was a good fight) when they zerg/add you with 4 or more players. Thats just freaking stupid.
ye /slap em :(

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Shike said:
hmm

/rude for zergling adding scumbags
/rofl for runners training for special olympics
/hug for the rest

get to do quite a few /rudes these days
/rofl runners training for special olympics that was good :p

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
im putting all enemy players who use emotes frequently on /ignore .

it spoils the game for me some to communicate with the enemy while playing, i think its more fun without all those emotes. discussions with younger players who i fight against feels just so meaningless for me. specially since there are incomparable realms and classes also and we practically play different games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom