Games Dragon Age Origins WTF <drools>

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Not far in yet, but oh my life, what an amazing game!

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Im starting again, an assasin on medium difficulty is tough! Will go Dwarf and either warr or zerker, dual axes ftw!

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Playing through as an elven mage, good game so far... just running through the tower near the start... (I iz noob)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Is game disc size even an issue anymore?

You seen how big the new star wars game is? 24.6 GB. And you say space issues aren't a problem. If this is the way games are going, I can see them being a problem in the future. First 100GB game can't be far off now :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I wanna hump Morrigan but the bird is always "hostile" towards me ffs :(

Leliana on the other hand... shame she has the sex appeal of Margaret Thatcher :twak:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I wanna hump Morrigan but the bird is always "hostile" towards me ffs :(

Leliana on the other hand... shame she has the sex appeal of Margaret Thatcher :twak:

If it was a D&D game you could have just cast a charm spell on her :ninja:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Just give Morrigan a kiss ... she's very responsive ;) I was most confused with the first cut scene between her mother, I knew both actresses were from sci fi shows but couldn't place them.

And in case you're interested Morrigan is Claudia Black (Farscape (or Muppets In Space) and Stargate) and her mother is Captain Janeway...

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Mmmmmm Claudia Black, loved Farscape, prefered Chiana but Claudia would have been a close second!

Anyhow back to the game, I restarted as an Elf Mage on easy after my debacle as a human rogue on medium and put a point into healing and went about my way. Im a fair bit into the story now I think (wont say where cause I dont want to spoil things for anyone) but its now too easy, I fight with my band of merry idiots and can kill the mobs and bosses without breaking sweat so I will start again again, Dwarf Warrior > Zerker route on medium again as Id like more of a challenge.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Mmmmmm Claudia Black, loved Farscape, prefered Chiana but Claudia would have been a close second!

Anyhow back to the game, I restarted as an Elf Mage on easy after my debacle as a human rogue on medium and put a point into healing and went about my way. Im a fair bit into the story now I think (wont say where cause I dont want to spoil things for anyone) but its now too easy, I fight with my band of merry idiots and can kill the mobs and bosses without breaking sweat so I will start again again, Dwarf Warrior > Zerker route on medium again as Id like more of a challenge.

Im playing an elf rogue aiming for duelist in normal difficulty. So far the game balance is perfect: died a lot, won a lot and re-loaded a lot. Fun.
30 hours of game and 29% finished.

Im trying to unlock the duelist path but for now only got the crapy bard spec from Margaret Thatcher and the assasin path from the italian/spaniard accent elf.

PS: any1 noticed the real world references with the countries?
Ferelden -> Britain
Orlais -> France
Antiva -> Italy+Spain
the other one -> Germany - Sacred Roman Empire

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Anyone have a clue on how you enchant a weapon, I have a rune and a dagger which can be upgraded I think (has a box on it with nothing in when i select the weapon) how do I combine the two?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone have a clue on how you enchant a weapon, I have a rune and a dagger which can be upgraded I think (has a box on it with nothing in when i select the weapon) how do I combine the two?

in your camp there are a bunch of dwarves, the merchant and the retarded one. the retarded one does ENCHANTMENT!

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
My camp, I havent found a camp to call my own, Im guessing thats to come later on in the story.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
My camp, I havent found a camp to call my own, Im guessing thats to come later on in the story.

The first time the world map shows off, top right corner of the screen, click there n voila! you are in ur travelling camp ;)

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
The first time the world map shows off, top right corner of the screen, click there n voila! you are in ur travelling camp ;)

No sooner had I written my last post I walked out of the little village place and into my camp, two weapons nicely enchanted by the little mong.

Thanks Vasc

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Playing a rogue on normal, and tbh I havnt found it that hard so far, a few reloads vs. the first darkspawn emissary you meet and a couple of silly errors on my part. Character developement does seem a lot more streamlined compared to other bioware games, but Im only a low-ish level at the moment and Im sure its likely to be something developed on in patches/player made content and expansions.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
for those of you playing rogues right now, theres a bug with the game- daggers are supposed gain damage benefits from 50% str 50% dex, but they are currently 100% str until you take the lethality talent (lvl 8 requirement) at which point they become 100% cunning.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
You seen how big the new star wars game is? 24.6 GB. And you say space issues aren't a problem. If this is the way games are going, I can see them being a problem in the future. First 100GB game can't be far off now :)

heh, I guess so, but you can't really mark a game down for being too big, can you?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
heh, I guess so, but you can't really mark a game down for being too big, can you?

Depends, if its a short game it makes me think it is badly coded and may be full of bugs. If its a long game like Dragon Age or another RPG I can understand, but something like SWTFU or MW2 being more than 15gb is just lazy coding of the developer

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone know what the crystals are for? They aren't mentioned in the manual at all. They give different boni like resistances and whatnot, but I've no idea how to use them? Even if i meet the stat requirements none of my characters can equip them and they don't seem to be like the runes that go in equipment either?

So far i'm just hanging onto them.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone know what the crystals are for? They aren't mentioned in the manual at all. They give different boni like resistances and whatnot, but I've no idea how to use them? Even if i meet the stat requirements none of my characters can equip them and they don't seem to be like the runes that go in equipment either?

So far i'm just hanging onto them.

they are for shale. the DLC golem. if you are getting the drops you must have it installed, so, go and get him! just check your journal for 'premium content'

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Aaaha! Thanks Flea! Yeah i'm on the Shale quest right now, heading deeper into Wilhelm's cellar. :p Woohoo!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
hes pretty awesome, reminds me of HK-47. even more funny once you find out his origins story :D

Nate

FH is my second home
I like it! Hard difficulty is hard though, but killing Alistair is fun. No tactics to heal for you Alistair..just die!!!!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Question:

Is Mass Effect anything like this?? Isometric view, tactic combat using "pause" etc...?

I didnt like KOTOR so if M.E is like it, think i will pass. But itf its anything remotly close to this jewel of Dragon Age (best single player game Ive played in the last years) Im going for it as soon as I finish in Ferelden ;)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
mass effect is similar in kotor to the controls, its got more arcadish/bangbang combat than DA, its way shorter and has much less depth. its a good enough game though, but if you didnt like kotor you prolly wont like that either.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Question:

Is Mass Effect anything like this?? Isometric view, tactic combat using "pause" etc...?

I didnt like KOTOR so if M.E is like it, think i will pass. But itf its anything remotly close to this jewel of Dragon Age (best single player game Ive played in the last years) Im going for it as soon as I finish in Ferelden ;)

mass effect is similar in kotor to the controls, its got more arcadish/bangbang combat than DA, its way shorter and has much less depth. its a good enough game though, but if you didnt like kotor you prolly wont like that either.

hehe I guess he saw it advertised on Steam for about £6. I'd sya it's worth it for that. It's like a futuristic version of Dragon Age

Helme

Resident Freddy
Mass Effect is a 3rd person shooter rpg. Think Gears of War with a BioWare story and player dialogue.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Mass Effect is a 3rd person shooter rpg. Think Gears of War with a BioWare story and player dialogue.

Meh! :(

Hope DA sets a new begining for classic baldurian rpgs. Imagine a new Planescape Torment *drooooooools*

Helme

Resident Freddy
The new Planescape Torment is called Mask of the Betrayer and was released a 2 years ago :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom