Games Dragon Age Origins WTF <drools>

PLightstar

Resident Freddy
Just pre-ordered this morning from Game for 24.99, what I couldn't understand was that if I chose to D/L instead of posting it would cost more????

Anyways really looking forward to this game, still working my way through The Witcher going to have to finish that before I can spend time with Dragon Age.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Just pre-ordered this morning from Game for 24.99, what I couldn't understand was that if I chose to D/L instead of posting it would cost more????

bandwidth is more expensive than slapping a stamp on a package.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Anyone got details on the two rings in the collectors edition? Memory Ring and Dalish Promise Ring. Sounds shite if that's all you get.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I think one grants extra crit %, and the other grants extra XP. Not too bad, but worth £5 extra? Idk :S

Helme

Resident Freddy
I think one grants extra crit %, and the other grants extra XP. Not too bad, but worth £5 extra? Idk :S

If you are buying the PC version, no it's not. There will be playermade rings with identical stats out on day one because of the editor.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
If you are buying the PC version, no it's not. There will be playermade rings with identical stats out on day one because of the editor.

there will probably be some recognition from other characters towards having the rings - like in nwn, if you keep aribeths ring she notices it - but still not worth 5£.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Is it true that the consoles version doesnt come with the classic Baldurian isometric view?? :(

Helme

Resident Freddy
Yes, they also don't have the editor for playermade mods in the future and they also have easier combat which doesn't require the same amount of pause & play that the PC version does.

Two more differences are:
*Friendly-fire only exists on hard difficulty for consoles(it starts on normal for PC)
*Big groups of enemies will be cut into smaller groups and come in waves, rather than all at once like the PC version.

Considering the very generous PC system requirements I honestly can't see a single reason to get it for the console if your PC can run it. It was an PC exclusive for the last 5 years - only in the last few months has it been ported to consoles.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah consoles are showing their age now in a lot of cross platform releases. Though as a non-upgradable platform its bound to happen at some point.

Helme

Resident Freddy
It's not as much the consoles showing their age, but how the classic isometric RPG playstyle simply put doesn't work on consoles.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
*shrug* I enjoy playing RPG's on my Xbox 360. With a huge HD screen and surround sound its the way to go.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
will it run in a C2DE6600 and 8800GTS 512mb?

i sure hope it will. i have a similar setup!
edit: checked the requirements!

Code:
Windows XP Minimum Specifications

* CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greater
    * AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
    * RAM: 1GB or more
    * Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater
    * NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
    * DVD ROM (Physical copy)
    * 20 GB HD space 

Windows Vista Minimum Specifications

* CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
    * AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater
    * RAM: 1.5 GB or more
    * Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
    * NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
    * 20 GB HD space 

Recommended Specifications

* CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
    * RAM: 4 GB (Vista) or 2 GB (XP)
    * Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
    * NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
    * 20 GB HD space

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
*shrug* I enjoy playing RPG's on my Xbox 360. With a huge HD screen and surround sound its the way to go.

Meh, my monitor is higher resolution and actually seems bigger as its right in front of me.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I saw some reviewer who played it with full AA on 1920 resolution, with a constant 60+ fps on a computer with the same specs as yours.

Coolio!! Then I think I might be able to run it on 1680x1050 decently :clap:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If you have bought it on Steam then you can now pre-install it ready for its release day.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
and if cant wait for the release day you can already get it from all kinds of hives of scum and villany and play that one, until the DRM allows you to play the one you paid for.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
and if the DRM doesn't allow you to play what you've paid for, you can always go back to street fighter and pwn some Ryu's.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Does anyone know how it works on a single core CPU?
Minimum sys req says Intel Core Duo 1.6ghz i think, i have a P4 2.4ghz. Think it can work?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Bloody EAstore!!

I bought the other day the collector edition, already downloaded de 7GB, and the bloody EA doesnt let me play yet for another day FFS :twak:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
my impressions

played it quite a bit yesterday, i am currently a lvl 8 dwarf commoner warrior.
tried out the different origins stories and they were all pretty fun and did a good job with setting up the character - i liked the dwarf commoner one the most, so thats why i am playing that one.
i can say that the game is pretty hard. using a party of people based on their characters and not their class/build makes it even harder.
it also runs well on my aging computer. playing with high graphics/high textures/frame buffer enabled/no AA.
you can certainly find that bioware humor in the game, in the conversations and comic relief cutscenes.
the story so far is pretty decent, though i was a bit spoiled with all the teasers and trailers so i knew about what will be happening near the beginning.
what i dont like is the textures on the scenery - the characters etc are really detailed, but looking at the floor theres a huge difference. the character building is a bit 'streamlined' as well, leaving you less choice in the matter.

PLightstar

Resident Freddy
Just had the email to say they have dispatched it. just got to start staring at the letterbox now.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
The character creation / level system seems too damn "streamlined" for my taste.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
The character creation / level system seems too damn "streamlined" for my taste.

yeah, mages get by far the coolest character building choices. for warriors and the like, theres really not much mix and match going on. i mean, a mage might get a damage spell from one school, some debuffs and crowd control from another etc. for a warrior though you pick what kind of weapon you choose and then specialize in that - you cant use the two-handed styles with a 1h weapon (even without a shield) etc. which is kinda sad, because after all the time i have played i still havent found a new weapon for my 2h berserker, while i have found some 1h weapons (with more damage than my current greatsword!) that would be awesome to use (like you can do in d&d, wield a medium weapon in two hands) but ive just been selling them because that would make 90% of my abilities useless :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seems abit cack to me :/ graphics are amazing but the game/gameplay itself is dire. Oblivion still has the crown in this department sadly.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Seems abit cack to me :/ graphics are amazing but the game/gameplay itself is dire. Oblivion still has the crown in this department sadly.

i like the gameplay - im doing 3rd person adventuring and then popping into the tactical mode for the trickier moves involving the whole party, winning battles due to positioning and correct ability usage (as opposed to just being higher level and owning the enemies) is quite fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom