Games Dragon Age Origins WTF <drools>

Helme

Resident Freddy
So, a character creator/talent distributer or whatever is out - it's a quite hefty download(around 300mb).

Direct Download from BioWare

Using this link will allow you to skip the registering parts on their forum, if they somehow stop people from doing this there's always fileplanet.

Fileplanet

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
So, a character creator/talent distributer or whatever is out - it's a quite hefty download(around 300mb).

Direct Download from BioWare

Using this link will allow you to skip the registering parts on their forum, if they somehow stop people from doing this there's always fileplanet.

Fileplanet

My love other half DL:ed this for us yesterday, but i didn't have time to play with it! All I could hear was her turning it on and some voiceover starting.. sounds like it could be fun though!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
XBOX360 on a 42" Bravia

or

PC version on a 22" Dell flat screener

choices choices... :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If its designed for console mongs its going to be terrible. Hopefully its as deep as some of their other RPGs though.

Helme

Resident Freddy
PC is the lead platform, it was an exclusive til about 8 months ago.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Baah!! I can't even look at the game, I have self imposed ban playing games due to my total absorbtion in them (DAoC /played time was just silly tbh) am lucky I still allow myself FH but tbh I think I migth actually die without it...

But I really really want to play games!! I want to play Halo and I want to play dungeons and dragons and stuff where I have magical powers and can go into battle with my brave brothers and sisters and fight to the death, then get rezzed and do it all over again while eating noodles and getting sauce all over the keyboard and and aaargh!!

...I miss gaming :(

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ez, play offline games. They easier to prevent addiction to because you dont log on just so you dont "miss" things.

I got into a mmo again, (Champions Online - next up is star trek online beta) and i totally hooked on the addictive nature of "hmmm i got to do my dailies" etc.

Taken me a few weeks to get out of that habit - along with stopping Tribal Wars Browser based game I played for ages but takes way to much of my time now due to being in the dominant war hungry tribe on the server i was on. Now I managing to only play them when i dont feel the "need" to do something specific.

Star Trek online beta will change that again no doubt, but I am not worried about it. Thats worth it :D Will try out this game as well as it looks great though :D

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I've hardly got the patience to play anything but street fighter these days. I can't play mmo's like I used to back in the day.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
oh good god is that serious?? lol eergh, people play these things to get away from jealous/nagging women and the designers think its cool to put them in the game??

yeah great guys, why not add 'tidying your room' 'doing the laundry' and 'cleaning the bathroom' as tasks too?

Corran

Part of the furniture
quite comical that... BUT... least it your choice if you get into that situation or not. Mind you most men + computer game with sex option = Sure why not :p

Think the only games I can truelly appreciate "relationship" scenes are the final fantasy series of games. But they not about sex but an actual growing relationship mostly so makes a nice story

Helme

Resident Freddy
The marketing campaign is totally fucked up.

It's made for the Xbox360 retard crowd that thinks Halo is the pinnacle of storytelling, looking at actual gameplay the only silly thing that's actually of any importance is the blood.

Else actual previews & gameplay videos show an experience very similar to Baldur's Gate & Neverwinter Nights - with the "maturity" more inline with G.R.R Martin's book series A Song of Ice & Fire.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The sex/romance bit looks very similar to the scene in Mass Effect, so not sure why people are getting pissy about it. You can either play out that side of your character or ignore it, either way it will have absolutely no effect on the main story.

Quite enjoyed that part of Mass Effect and seeing how your burgeoning 'romance' with one character changed your characters relationship with other characters. They certainly do put a lot of thought into the dialogue options and put plenty of colour into the story.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Dragon Age scored 94% in this months pc gamer, who heralded it as the best rpg of the decade.
Cant wait!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bought it on Steam this morning, went for the one with extras in the end.

Uara

Part of the furniture
Am incredibly tempted to buy this......but if i do i'll probably fail my law course :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If you can't wait, The witcher (enhanced version) is £11.99 on there today.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
i realy hate action rpg's , give pure rpg's like the old ones (grandia2 ff series baldur's gate etc. )
all rpgs now days are action and boring , where are the classic turn-based rpg's that roxed?
I liked baldur's gate II because it was such an awesome game and if you compare baldur's gate to the neverwinter night you can see that old school is much better than modern game play
it seems that while graphics in games advanced they lost in game play over the years.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i realy hate action rpg's , give pure rpg's like the old ones (grandia2 ff series baldur's gate etc. )
all rpgs now days are action and boring , where are the classic turn-based rpg's that roxed?
I liked baldur's gate II because it was such an awesome game and if you compare baldur's gate to the neverwinter night you can see that old school is much better than modern game play
it seems that while graphics in games advanced they lost in game play over the years.

dragon age does seem to be the purest rpg of the lately released ones, with the focus being the story, adventure, characters, rather than hack, slash, loot

Helme

Resident Freddy
NWN2 was good, Mask of the Betrayer is probably the 2nd best RPG in recent years after The Witcher and they are as oldschool as you can get nowdays while maintaining decent sales.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
gonna have to buy both PC and Xbox 360 versions. That way I wont have to fight my son for rights to play it. Looks awsome, been waiting for this release for ages now. Will steam the PC version to get it early :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy

Apparently play on anything but easy in Dragon Age and youll be doing it more or less turn based anyway, copious use of the space bar inc!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Apparently play on anything but easy in Dragon Age and youll be doing it more or less turn based anyway, copious use of the space bar inc!

Is that Viconia de Vir in your avatar pikeh? :p

Gifv DAO already, SPACE BAR here I come!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

A bit like Hollywood movies, they have run out of original idea's.

Picked up Too Human in a supermarket bargin bin last weekend. Nice cut-scenes, good characters and semi original use of the aesir legends. Gameplay was ok, nice melee and weapon choices. Could have been so much better though. It was the same old hack, slash and grenade crap that we have had for the past 10 years. Game play wise it was Diablo with better graphics.

One of the biggest problems I have with these types of games is the linear format of gameplay. Why can't I wonder around a huge area for ages scouting out the enemy base. Why do I have to attack from one direction. This is what makes them boring for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom