Film Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Saw it today. In short; Watchable, but really not worth the movies. Nostalgia popcorn movie with a severe lack of nostalgia and popcorn.

More detailed why in spoilers, not really spoiling any plot or such.

Too much drama, too much humans, too many lines/oneliners, too many groanworthy jokes(while some good), too long(almost 3 hours and feels like it), the transformers included are rather b cast and most importantly almost f*ck all autobot vs decepticon action. Megatron barely pops on screen. Also the new transformation stuff is just, it makes the ball of steely spikes look good. Let's leave it at that.

Dinobots were...well...meh. If there were real dinosaurs in there it would've been the same. Served little puropse and had 0 of the nostalgia in them.

As per usual a hamhanded plot at best.

So, as a final note; usually transformers movies redeem their sh*t by having good old autobot vs decepticon action and nostalgic transformers, but this one didn't have that much either.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's not a bad movie though, it's entertaining and all that. Just to make that clear. Just as a transformer movie it could'v e been a lot better.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've now watched the third one, it is an ok film with some great action but it really is too long and having heard the 4th is even longer I can't say it is one I'll rush to watch.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck you Michael Bay, that is all.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
You are right if only they had simply made a full length version of the original cartoon...thats what you want..you know it.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actually it is nothing to do with that and everything to do with
besides the film being utterly crap, destroying the core parts of the franchise like Optimus Prime sacrificing himself to deliberately kill a human, you don't find that in any part of Transformers lore anywhere even in storys where prime has been turned evil

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Don't need to smell a turd to know its a turd.

Won't be watching this or any of the others after the first one. I honestly don't understand why people keep giving the fool any money.

Job

Just tried to watch a cam..quality very good except it had a huge out of focus hair in the right hand side that looked like an eye floater..drove you up the wall...watched 30 seconds..delete.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Watched half of the first movie, haven't watched any other since.

After I sat through half of that movie I watched the cartoon version again. So much better.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Saw this on launch day in the UK, it was fucking dire. Dinosaur transformers? WTF?

Totally utter wank, fucking awful film and I am surprised that Walhberg put his name against this script, I would not. Awful.

soze

I am a FH squatter
My thoughts

It went on too long far too long. It was like he was trying to turn this OK generic action file into a classic piece of cinema. He should have cut an hour off it.

It also showed one of the things I hate. One of the Autobots tuned into a Helicopter and a Veyron right? So why when he can do that do the Autobots stand still and let humans kill then rather than just becoming a rocket and getting out of there? And you have these ancient hardcore Transformers who don't become something modern they just stay as fucking Dinosaurs? Stupid.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Literally this is the first thing with the word "Transformers" in it that I actually can't stand. What about whole "We've already used the primes but we need them again but we can't use them so let's just add them back and call them knights whilst not bothering to explain what that means" and don't get me started on the bug eyed things running around the ship...

Job

Just seen it..utter fucking shite.

Dreadful.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Because we don't have any [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags and because people may not have watched this yet...

TRANSFORMERS 5 IS GOING TO BE AWESOME

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom