Film Age of Ultron

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Enjoyed it, good dialogue and action sequences. But felt too much like the first film to me, inferior to The Winter Soldier with some characters (Thor, notably) under-used.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Difficult for me to put the plot holes to the back of my mind.
TBH the Hulk could take em all out by himself.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Was good but the story was weak, great popcorn movie.

They really need to sort out the tech, it is getting boring.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I've started using a "Nice Butt" reference to movies like this. It's nice, but...

Saw it today, it was entertaining and (add other superhero movie things here), but it had moments when i felt my arse go numb. Maybe it tried too much, maybe i don't like the avengers that much as a team(could very well be that), maybe it felt too much like the 2nd part of a three-parter, who knows.

Don't mind really, was entertained, had enough stuff and it was cool seeing what megatron should've been ;)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Did anyone else the seemingly high number of scenes displaying the Scarlet Witch's cleavage?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Did anyone else the seemingly high number of scenes displaying the Scarlet Witch's cleavage?
No, but i'm going to see it again tomorrow, so i'll look out for it

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
saw it earlier imax 3D and loved it thought it was brilliant thought the characters were much better fleshed out and the lesser used ones given more of a chance to shine in this one i.e hawkeye who for me was the stand out guy. scarlet and blackwidow awww man im just in love they are so hot. felt ultron was a bit underwhelming thought he would be much more powerful. but the dialogue was excellent. setting up nicely for the final chapter and tie ins wont say anymore dont want to spoil it for anyone going to watch it. well worth a watch tho

also on a side note i saw the star wars trailer in 3D and i think i cried a little soooooooooooooooooooooooo cant wait for that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I thought it was fantastic. Good popcorn-munching fun, which is exactly what it should be. I liked the jokes, but my favourite scene was the slowmo bit in the tower near the end.

Oh and the punchy fist thing where Iron Man was telling the Hulk to go to sleep was hilarious.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Enjoyed it. Not as good as the first but still good.

Few things tho:
The new kids - speedyguy and magicgirl belong in fucking x-men - they're just too "magic" as opposed to "science gone wrong" or "alien" that is one of the strengths of the rest of the series.

The fact that Ultron was amusing made up for the fact he was a robot - and robot baddies are usually shit. But I liked him :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The new kids - speedyguy and magicgirl belong in fucking x-men - they're just too "magic" as opposed to "science gone wrong" or "alien" that is one of the strengths of the rest of the series.

You're really going to hate Thanos and the infinity gauntlet then ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You're really going to hate Thanos and the infinity gauntlet then ;)

Sort of shit is why I never liked Marvel comics tbh.

2000AD FTW tbh - but I did like some of the more adult Batman stuff as at least he was a bit of a detective...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Enjoyed it. Not as good as the first but still good.

Few things tho:

The fact that Ultron was amusing made up for the fact he was a robot - and robot baddies are usually shit. But I liked him :)

They are in the x-men, well, Quicksilver is anyway (and was the best thing in Days of Future Past), but due to bizarre rights issues the MCU also gets them but couldn't call them mutants. But the MCU has sidestepped mutants anyway by introducing the Inhumans in AoS, which are basically mutants created by Kree anyway

In other news I see feminists are up in arms with Joss Whedon because Black Widow...something...something...monster...womb...something.

NB. 2000AD did the best superhero story in the history of everything ever with Zenith.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In other news I see feminists are up in arms with Joss Whedon because Black Widow...something...something...monster...womb...something.

Not the first time or the last, especially funny since they're angry at whedon for making a character true to the source material.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not the first time or the last, especially funny since they're angry at whedon for making a character true to the source material.
No they're not. They've never read the source material so they're definitely not angry about that except by accident if that's the case.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No they're not. They've never read the source material so they're definitely not angry about that except by accident if that's the case.

I didn't mean it like that, i meant that they're angry at whedon, while whedon was only being loyal to the source.

Not sure how i should've written that tbh, i see how it could've been taken wrong :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't recall it being sexist tbh. I think they're pissed off by the use of the word whore IIRC - but then that's what a bad guy is going to call you?

I'd have thought they'd be happier that she kicks ass, against men, totally unrealistically... :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Can't be assed looking it up, but has any of this actually appeared in a comic book or is it a mashup for the movies.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't recall it being sexist tbh. I think they're pissed off by the use of the word whore IIRC - but then that's what a bad guy is going to call you?

That's one, then there's stuff like no black widow toy etc and ofcourse some usual "not enough women" stuff. Pick anything that can be in any way used as ammo and you'll find plenty. Valid? Hell no, but there's always controversy if you go looking.

One of the reasons i'm waiting so much for the deadpool movie :p

Can't be assed looking it up, but has any of this actually appeared in a comic book or is it a mashup for the movies.

Not necessarily picture for picture, or word for word, but pretty much all the stuff is from the comics.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Spoke to a mate today on the phone and he asked what I did last weekend, told I went to see Avengers with @russell's 10yr old.

It confused him as he didn't think a 10yr old would be interested in The Avengers, he then asked me who played the role that Joanna Lumley played?

He was serious too, he had no idea about one of the biggest movie franchises in the last 10 years, not a fucking clue

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom