Games Dragon Age Origins WTF <drools>

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
All those little quirks only keep you amused so long, I just don't feel the game has enough depth, but maybe I am not as easily pleased by games as others here, or maybe I expect to much.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I have about 80 hours or so into it. I still like it though the grind is a bit evident now.
I enjoy the humor in it, with certain geeky references to things, and I also like how it pokes fun at itself and the genre, especailly in dialogue aka "let me guess, you want me to get you something, right?" ^^

you're almost there :)
I can't say i felt much of a grind but i have a feeling it was because of the way i set-up my party.

resistance tank/shale, wynn (frost cone and the earth spell for shatter/interrupt) and my mage as AOE dps (last ice, lightning and earth spells).
The ice cone is a bit overpowered because most the time you could even disable main bosses (even the archdemon i kept locked down using it).

I didn't really find wynn's later spells of much use, in reality all you had to do was spec rez, single and group heal and it was enough

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Playing it and enjoying it as an elf mage so far. Seems like a great game but the problem i find with games like this is they're so epic that i feel like i might miss out on loads of stuff.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Playing it and enjoying it as an elf mage so far. Seems like a great game but the problem i find with games like this is they're so epic that i feel like i might miss out on loads of stuff.

The same way you felt when you started playing DAoC? :p

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH

but the good part is you can play it again at a later time and discover new stuff, instead of having seen it all before

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I bought this game for the Xbox over the weekend to kill some time, its great and all, I like it. But I messed up badly lol. What I've done is below, but basically I rushed it and didnt go where I was meant to ended having to cheat to continue :p

As a Mage I did the beginning at the circle and joined the Wardens, then with just me, Alistair and Morriagan I went to the Dwarf place and failed.

So I went to the Dalish Elf place and got stuck on disturbing the gravestones part.

So I completed the Urn quest to heal the Arl, which then started me back on getting allies :(

Sooo..then I did a bunch of side quests to lvl up..tried the dalish elf thing and cant do it

went back to the dwarves and over many many re-tries I mananged to get past all the tough ppl before. I spent AGES and I mean AGES on the bloodmother or whatever it was (apparently 3 tanks is not the way to go), and I got stuck on the Face statue test lol. I was only going through the game on normal first time, but as I had just one mage with a crappy single heal after I had a break i just had to change it to easy mode and do it that way or it wouldve been 20hours or so down the pan hehe. Freaking annoying to do that as I was well happy I did the bloodmother thing :lol:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
the broodmother is a bastard hard fight :(

i always take Wynn, as a healer/arcane warrior, get her in full plate mail, phased out into the fade for massive defence, and just set to regen/heal everyone, otherwise its a tad hard ;)

if memory serves, the graves in the wood are only for a set of armour, which involves a Revenant fight, not really worth it :D

Helme

Resident Freddy
I'd just say skip the healer and get a blood mage instead, I finished a nightmare playthrough on the PC without a single healer and I must say it was actually easier than my first playthrough on normal where I ran with 2 :p

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Argh screw it anyway I just read online about how to get into the Circle place again for allies. I just didnt have the right ppl in my party or something /doh lol. I was just rushing at the start should've tried to get more ppl in to my group and stuff.:( Funny random conversation's etc I wont let my failing change my opinion of the game I still like it.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I'd just say skip the healer and get a blood mage instead, I finished a nightmare playthrough on the PC without a single healer and I must say it was actually easier than my first playthrough on normal where I ran with 2 :p

Aye nightmare seemed easier to me as well!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
DA2 supposed to be more linier like me2 and not as free as DA was

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Just got this yesterday morning.

Started with a mage on hard difficulty at the moment and enjoying it very much. Can't decide on what team to play and still working out how to use the tactic thing. I tend to have a habit of coordinating moves, letting them occur, then doing the same again.

I think I messed up my mages' spec a bit though. She's half healer, half damage dealer and now I have that chick with the bewbs in my group who does damage/cc very effectively, I'm thinking I should have turned my mage into a buffing machine.

georgie

FH is my second home
A respec Mod for DA:O

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

Didn't use it on my first play through, used it for my second though. That couple of points that Morrigan had in Shape Shifting annoyed the tits off me and I wanted Leliena to be an archer not a bard/rogue.

Basically it adds a Raven (as in the bird) NPC to most cities which gives you a respec potion that refund all your points to spend as you will.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
On my first play through I messed up alot on where to go, but one thing I didn't do is setup which of my team does what. On my second playthough I made a tank had alistair(tank),sten(tank) and that old mage as a healer; setup them all up to attack who I did etc and auto heal at close to 25% health. Was actually more boring as it was much easier lol.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
A respec Mod for DA:O

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

Didn't use it on my first play through, used it for my second though. That couple of points that Morrigan had in Shape Shifting annoyed the tits off me and I wanted Leliena to be an archer not a bard/rogue.

Basically it adds a Raven (as in the bird) NPC to most cities which gives you a respec potion that refund all your points to spend as you will.

Its a very handy mod indeed, best used for a second playthrough though.

Except, If you have an item with +2 to dexterity equipped or something like that, if you respec you get those points back as well, makes it a bit OP. Well, im sure that was the case when I last played!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Well I made it so far before my gimped group had major trouble.

I managed to hold off the attack on the town of Redcliff by kiting until stuns we're up, focus firing and rinse and repeat. Unfortunately the Mayor died but the rest were fine!

But I went into the basement to get to the castle and some of the pulls in there I just can't handle. One pull with a yellow con and about 7-8 white cons. Keeping the yellow con CC'd is no problem but eventually I get to 1-2 white cons left and I'm out of mana and out of potions.

I really don't want to move away from hard. I think I might replace that rogue/bard hybrid and move in the 2h warrior. I seem to be lacking in sheer damage as my char is busy healing, setting down mana regen and aoe stunning and the other mage is busy casting horror, debuffs and aoe stunning.

It's so refreshing to have to log off the game for the night and sit contemplating how your going to approach the fight next time round.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
One thing I did was to give my healer sleep and waking nightmare spells, was much easier against crowds to AOE Mezz+Stun. That gave me time to work on the lowbies before going against the boss etc. But like you say Bugz it nice to have to stop and think out new tactics, adds to the challenge I thought :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
just played through golems of ammgamar(sp?) on hardest, and for a DLC that they warn is hard it was surprisingly easy.

it took a few reloads sure but its really not harder then the original game/expansion or other DLC's.

was harder to get the colour combination right (missed the researcher's body somewhere) then killing the end boss....

Marc

FH is my second home
Well I made it so far before my gimped group had major trouble.

I managed to hold off the attack on the town of Redcliff by kiting until stuns we're up, focus firing and rinse and repeat. Unfortunately the Mayor died but the rest were fine!

But I went into the basement to get to the castle and some of the pulls in there I just can't handle. One pull with a yellow con and about 7-8 white cons. Keeping the yellow con CC'd is no problem but eventually I get to 1-2 white cons left and I'm out of mana and out of potions.

I really don't want to move away from hard. I think I might replace that rogue/bard hybrid and move in the 2h warrior. I seem to be lacking in sheer damage as my char is busy healing, setting down mana regen and aoe stunning and the other mage is busy casting horror, debuffs and aoe stunning.

It's so refreshing to have to log off the game for the night and sit contemplating how your going to approach the fight next time round.

You arent an idiot, but thought id just check that you know you can pause the game to select targets/spells dont ya? makes it ten times easier.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Just make sure you get crushing prison asap on your mage, Bugz. Best CC/dot spell!

Reading this makes me wanna fire up another run-through!

pikeh

Resident Freddy

Thats what I liked as well. Have you done any of The Black Vials yet? The Revenants really make you sit back and think, especially on Nightmare :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I got stuck on this game pretty much near the start, i got to some town where get get randomly attacked as you walk through(cant remember its name). And then i went down some cellar and started my way though there, got past about 2/3 encounters and then get insta phwned by the next lot that attack me.

I thinks its due to my setup(rouge, dog, warrior and mage if i remember correct) And that im quite inexperienced at the game as a whole. Might start again though soon and take my time a bit this time and do some reading up first.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I got stuck on this game pretty much near the start, i got to some town where get get randomly attacked as you walk through(cant remember its name). And then i went down some cellar and started my way though there, got past about 2/3 encounters and then get insta phwned by the next lot that attack me.

I thinks its due to my setup(rouge, dog, warrior and mage if i remember correct) And that im quite inexperienced at the game as a whole. Might start again though soon and take my time a bit this time and do some reading up first.

the best quest to do first is the Circle Tower, as you get a healer mage to help. Use Alistair for a tank instead of the dog, or Shale if you like.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I respecced Morrigan to a healer, just because she is more interesting to keep in the party than Wynne.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Yeah where you go from the start really makes a difference, just look 2 pages or so back with my problems. As I didn't know where to go I just kept going to the wrong places, Lvl'd up nicely but just couldn't continue till I changed my party members to get into the Circle.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
@Pikeh - I haven't done that quest yet although I have fought a revenant in the castle courtyard. Pretty epic fight, especially annoying as no CC or debuffs seem to hit him and so it was a long slog.

@Marc - Aye I have been pausing the game but still getting to grips with tactics system. The priority order is a nuisance as obviously in different circumstances priorities change.

@georgie - I didn't have too much trouble with them actually. Alistar is geared out in plate and has shield wall so I lined him and the tank up at the door and nuked them down one by one whilst keeping the yellow-conned cc'd.

Lookdaddy

One of Freddy's beloved
Im on my 3rd play through now, arcane warrior solo on nightmare setting is great fun!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom