Alb Keeps, (carrots second rvr flame thread in as many days) Im on a roll!

C

cplcarrot

Grr we just lost a relic and still i wander round sauvage and see only killgordes crew, now 5am and still we do Sweet FA.

Will we ever learn? why doesnt anyone give a fook? (except the regular 8 or so peeps that hack at doors for hours)

Do you see mids and hibs letting 3 keeps stay in enemy hands for over 24hrs? no, instead of complaining of over powered realms they actually do something for their realm instead.

Grrr.

C

cplcarrot

forgot something.

We lost a power relic to hibs today (so they have thier 3 back again)

What do people do with 3 keeps down? they go to emain still to be ganked by over 50 hibs at amg and alb tk.

Why not just give them all free realm points to RR10 and have it over and done with?

do you lot have any principles of team work or working for the good of the realm? or would u rather contribute to powering up the enemy by pointless excersizes of "uberness" taking down 1 hib and losing 4 albs (4xRP) ?

Surely when u get there and see 50 hibs, u not gonna go back? but oh yeah u do. whats the point guys? its not like "god forbid" u going keep raiding or anything.

dont like sauvage? no action there? well killgordes crew were there for hours today unopposed!.

Hibs defend their realm, christ they travel to amg every day.

I wait with eager anticipation of all the "hib magic is over powered posts" and "nerf hibs" etc etc.

Maybe if we spent some time in our own frontier hibs wouldnt be sitting on 3 power relics and gaining RP quicker than I can stop writing this post ......

O

old.Ebeneezer

Some Nolby Pride and White Rose were in FS too. Eventually got ganked by the lovely Kate and friends :)) ) but we had some ganking fun for a while before the big release.

I hope Ren is ours Sunday afternoon :cool:

So if you want 8 v 8 action or similar numbers, come to Sauvage.

Still waiting to come up against Krane's 8 man challenge group. Was looking forward to that fight :(

Oh and Gunnerr - would love to return the salute, but I was a little incapacitated :) Perhaps I'll get the chance to return the favour in game some time, but in the meantime

/salute

Y

-yoda-

deleted post cos didnt want to turn this thread into a overpowered hib caster debate :p already one posted somewhere :)

R

Rhymes

Perhaps you could cry and scream about overpowered hib casters if we actually had met with some resistance and wiped the floor with them.

I for one thought the relic will still coming behind me somewhere couldnt believe when people were saying in the cg that it was already sitting on hib pk safely on its way to where it belongs.

As regards to our casting abilities, come take yer power relics back then and make us even as regards casting bonus. Then see if we are as overpowered as people are saying. Of course we are gonna hit hard if we have the three power relics and are the main magical realm.

E

Eleasias

why do people let keeps be in "enemy" hands?

because people play for their enjoyment and taking keeps became boring like, 7½ months ago?

O

old.Ragnorak

hehe,
i'm always moaning at peeps in hib to go keep taking :)

but it seems like since alb took merlin's staff from us (now back where it belongs :p)

a lot more hibs have gotten intersted in taking keeps etc.

But also give credit to rvr commanders in hib who are constantly organising keep takes and retakes etc.

Klazart

T

thebinarysurfer

At the end of the day guys the game is roughly balanced between the 3 realms.....Sure some classes are more powerful than their equivalents in other realms but only in certain ways - they are weaker in others.
Fight an enemy on their terms and you'll lose anyways - play to your strengths not your opponents. Most of this whining is due to people not understanding how to beat other classes with theirs and getting bitter when they die. Mostly,

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by old.Ebeneezer
Some Nolby Pride and White Rose were in FS too. Eventually got ganked by the lovely Kate and friends :)) ) but we had some ganking fun for a while before the big release.

I hope Ren is ours Sunday afternoon :cool:

So if you want 8 v 8 action or similar numbers, come to Sauvage.

Still waiting to come up against Krane's 8 man challenge group. Was looking forward to that fight :(

Oh and Gunnerr - would love to return the salute, but I was a little incapacitated :) Perhaps I'll get the chance to return the favour in game some time, but in the meantime

/salute
8 vs 8 hahah lmao rofl lol 3-4 fgs mids vs 10 albs fair since when? although u did get a bit to cocky in the end and the now 14 of us sent u home to mid

ps i wasplaying edelia at the time

C

cplcarrot

have u even properly read this thread?

I said nothing about hibs being overpowered, I only commented on my hatred of the constant whinging about it.

please read my threads before commenting

E

Ensceptifica

Every time I log on, I do a /realm, and if there's any Hib keep in hands of Albs or Mids, I immediately start a keep retake raid. I don't find it boring at all tbh. Sure it's not the best rps, but if you're lucky you'll meet some peeps defending the keeps, and some invaders in Emain ofcourse. Hardest part is keeping people going to Crauchon when they see amg :p

Anyway, I'm always surprised to see how long Albs can leave keeps in enemy hands.

K

Khalen

You can talk as much as you like but it's action we need... (btw i'm on a month break) Albs need to act more instead of talking crap each time. If I was online I would have surely spotted the relic raiders (for I've been swarming around in our own frontier most of the times). Well we see what happens when I'm not there.... So my message to the albs is:

All talks, but no action...

Z

Zill

There's a lot of fun in keep taking - especially for assassin classes, the action doesn't necessarily have to consist around Emain. Today was my first time back in Albion with the CE crew in about a month, and by far and away the worst turn out of Alb defence I've seen in a long time. Credit to those Albs that turned out, lots of new names of players to get to know and only a few of the old school like Harpy, Nicolas, Steph and Co. bothered to turn up and assist their realm.

O

old.Odysseus

Keep takes are outrageously fun for archer, quoting freely:

'Target is not in view'

(A bit more fun if defended though).

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Anyway, I'm always surprised to see how long Albs can leave keeps in enemy hands.

Same thing happens in Albion/Prydwen too ... I guess its something to do with the large numbers of people who choose to play in Albion. They think there is always someone else to sort it out.

Keep defending or attacking against defenders is fun ... undefended retakes is dullsville. That said it HAS to be done, its part of the game. For players to simply leave it to other people to do all the time really gets my goat - in Alb/Pryd you can name in advance the people who will be arsed to turn up for retakes.

Hope that Hib/Excal will be better in that regard, when I (eventually) get up to a decent level to help out in the big league.

M

Moody

One of em

Originally posted by Zilly
There's a lot of fun in keep taking - especially for assassin classes, the action doesn't necessarily have to consist around Emain. Today was my first time back in Albion with the CE crew in about a month, and by far and away the worst turn out of Alb defence I've seen in a long time. Credit to those Albs that turned out, lots of new names of players to get to know and only a few of the old school like Harpy, Nicolas, Steph and Co. bothered to turn up and assist their realm.

Ye I was one of the new faces. Not much experience in Rvr because I don't really like it that much but I do love keep taking.

Need some more experience in rvr soon because I was caught with my pants down. I hope to be more of a challenge next time though :D , and yellow to you lot too because all I saw was epic armor :(

/edit
One more thing: The DAoC loading screen shows a burning castle on a hill, but you can't burn down a keep in game :( And what about boiling oil or keeps surrounded by water so you need to fill it up first. I really would like to have Mythic spicen up the keep action environment
/edit

Users who are viewing this thread