The all new encompassing assassin issues in rvr thread

B

BidAccount

Because Jox basically couldn't handle the truth, sulked and closed the last one.

Constructive comments only, discussion and ideas.

B

BidAccount

And to start the ball rolling.

Given mackay's comments on the vnboards regarding the difficulties of balance with what is quite a multifaceted class, what is the one thing you fel needs to be added to Shadowblades as a 'quick fix' prior to style reviews, RA reviews ad master levels?

U

uglymug

maybe a general option for mid rogue classes (yes including hunters) to have dex/str based swords ... without changing the str based swords for the viking classes

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by uglymug
maybe a general option for mid rogue classes (yes including hunters) to have dex/str based swords ... without changing the str based swords for the viking classes
Additional swords, some being str/Dex and some being pure str ( as it is today ) maybe wouldn't be such a bad idea. ( for any class - just as long as the option to keep purely str-based swords for those that want ).

As long as some of the faster new swords are left-hand wieldable I would like that :D

It would help the '100% debuffed' issue - but there are more issues that need to be looked at.

B

BidAccount

There is the wider issue of realm balance - ie should one realm have access to str based and str/dex based weapons in a single spec line.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by donttouchpoopy
There is the wider issue of realm balance - ie should one realm have access to str based and str/dex based weapons in a single spec line.
Let's flip the coin a bit then - should one realm not have access to str/dex weapons at all?

I'm trying to see a solution to the str/dex problem by adding stuff - without forcing say Trolls to spec axe or hammer instead.

It's a difficult thing to fix, since everything surrounding it has been in the game for so long, and is 'balanced' around it.

U

uglymug

Originally posted by donttouchpoopy
that could be a problem

but by keeping the different swords (dex/str and pure str based) seperate for seperate classes (rogues and vikings respectively) this should be much of an issue... just guessing of course

B

BidAccount

Originally posted by uglymug
that could be a problem

but by keeping the different swords (dex/str and pure str based) seperate for seperate classes (rogues and vikings respectively) this should be much of an issue... just guessing of course

That would work to some extent - so rogues get access to the str/dex only swords and vikings the str only swords.

Actually come to think on it, not a bad idea at all.

W

Whisperess

Would help hunters too. How many hunters are sword specced apart from those that like it for 'the looks' ?

I'm sure there are things to consider with this approach as well though.

C

Conchabar

1 problem i see with the str/dex idea is it would have to be thrust now w8 a sec a assassin getting access to slash and thrust by specing 1.... i can already hear the crys of nerf :)

V

VodkaFairy

Current stealther issues imo: :)

- Infils have superior specpoints and superior styles. (Out of line with the rest).
- Nightshades have AP (too strong against sb's, but needed against infs).
- Bad styles for sb/ns (especially 50-spec in a weapon)
- Useless magic for ns.
- Useless 2h for sb.
- Armor resists are stupid, make sure leather is neutral to slash/thrust imo.. or weak to slash maybe to give SB's some advantage.
- Buffbots aren't even.. alb > hib > mid atm.. just remove spec AF and haste :p
- Mids have no dex/str based weapons.. (tho I enjoy being bladespec myself)
- Str/con debuff is silly, make it str/dex or so and lower the value a bit.. the con debuff is only taking away the need to PA alot of times

:)

W

wiseguy1

I dont think there is a quick fix to sbs, in general i feel that sbs are fine, eventho im a kobbie and neither high nor low rr i think i do ok when it comes down to "pure melee". Sure some infs(thrust) outdamage me and most slash infs sure does. But when it comes down to it without any stunns involved i win some and lose some. i agree with xxx(dont remember who it was who said it) that all stunn styles should be removed from assasins except cd. or atleast reduse them to 2-3s, 1 hit free is enough, from that u can recover but it also gives a little edge when fighting.
Ofc by doing this a major rewiew of styles/dmg/ras must be done to ensure that there is balance between all assasins.
removing stunns would also "solve" the rouges killing tanks issue.

I dont want sbs to get stunnstyles like df, that will not solve any problems, I wanna see assasins going back to being more cs specced and fighting without stunnstyles.. would be much more fun and challenging for everyone.

I also agree that ofc there are unbalancing issues when it comes to debuff/thust/slash weapons.

A

Aussie-

you stil playing with that 2% slash armor set Teheron ?

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
- Str/con debuff is silly, make it str/dex or so and lower the value a bit.. the con debuff is only taking away the need to PA alot of times
That's actually a very nice thought :D

Postfarming again, eh Aussie?

W

wiseguy1

Originally posted by Aussie-
you stil playing with that 2% slash armor set Teheron ?

Nope i finally made a mp set with everything capped and ablatives :)

So gifv solo fight aussie.. need to test it :)

F

Forau

Originally posted by duact
what if sbs could quadhit like savages?

savages don't generate enough whine for your liking? :)

Seriously tho, give _EVERY_ specline a spell/style the likes of Annihilation/Dragonfang. 50 Weaponspec should have rewards beyond higher weaponskill. It shouldn't be a question of nerfing Dragonfang(altho knowing Mythic, that's probably how it will end up), other lines need styles that aren't the 3rd in a backpos chain/4th in a off evade chain.

K

kin

To enhance sbs would be to destroy minstrels, scouts and rangers, but giving the lameness of most players of sbs im sure you wouldnt mind.

L

lorric

Originally posted by kin
To enhance sbs would be to destroy minstrels, scouts and rangers, but giving the lameness of most players of sbs im sure you wouldnt mind.

?

T

Tranquil-

Sure, Barrysworld IS a bit slower than it used to be, but to create these threads isn't the best cure for boredom if you're as bored as you'd be when you create this kind of thread.

:p

S

salamurhaaja

All I need is:

- str/dex based weapon
- evade stun (5-7s) on base weapon line, so I don't have to gimp myself if it's in the LA line.

OR

1.60 :)

If you are infil/ns/aussie, which one you would give me?

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Aussie-
lvl 50 styles .

Exactely, infs shouldn't be able to get both those very good styles without sacraficing anything :)

With 2.2 x spec it would actually make them sacrafice another specline to get DF or DS. Both is just.. >.<

T

Tranquil-

Fix that by giving love to the needy CS line. Though DF or evaderate on assassins should be looked at.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Fix that by giving love to the needy CS line. Though DF or evaderate on assassins should be looked at.

Still, two level 50 speclines is a bit insane. Even if a NS could spec 50 CD and 50 pierce infs still have a bonus (at rr1l1 anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom