Games The Last Remnant (PC)

Afran

Part of the furniture
I think you may need to grind a bit not just kill one mob then but it's not something you ever have to do as their weapons upgrade at certain BR's

Oh and they ask for materials on the World Map only

Marc

FH is my second home
Yeah, they asked for ore at the world map, I went and farmed it and did as you said, but they didnt ask for it when I entered the city

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Then they have it, or in my experience that is how it worked. Check their items, see if that item has increased in count.

Also Marc, I did loads wrong. You do not need to restart, disable combat /mystic / item arts from the party screen to refocus a characters training. Do side quests to build up the stats and fight monsters in links of as many as you can rather than one at a time.

Formations matter a lot, if you are mainly suffering from Mystic damage then use batwings or something else that increases mystic defence. Put your characters with naturally low mystic defence in the slots that increase mystic defense and your characters with low physical defense in slots that increase physical defence. This will make a huge difference in your unions ability to survive. Also make sure that at least one person in every union can do vivification herb to bring squads back to life and rescue them from curses and enthralls.

Afran

Part of the furniture
You won't see them get a +1 in their inventory actually if they ask for it, it'll reduce their needed amount by 1 total instead

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Doh, that is what I meant.

Also they will not ask for it again, nor ask for the next thing until you have gotten them the amount they need. This seems to change after a main story line mission though, where every **** spams you what they need at the world map.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I so nearly bought this today, but I only have a shitty PS1-clone controller, so I guess you guys would recommend getting a analogue one?
Its only £20 in game atm :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I play it with keyboard and mouse, you do NOT need a controller to play this game, it makes no difference.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I tried with keyboard when I wasn't using my gamepad and I hated it =p Much nicer to sit back and play with a gamepad imo

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I used my PS2 pad, simply for comfort.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I used my PS2 pad, simply for comfort.

They do an adapter for it then I take it?
Thats pretty cool.

DL'ing the demo now, I started ff12 again today so I could get a feel again for the new-gen ff's :D

Afran

Part of the furniture
Something like that yea, there's alot of drivers. Though if you're going to buy anything to play TLR it should be an Xbox controller as the Xbox buttons actually show on the game during critical triggers

As do unnamed gamepads like the one I use

PS2 controller does not

pikeh

Resident Freddy
wow it is complicated! very ff12 feel to it as well :)

its pretty good so far, and I really see what you mean about the xbox pad, feels weird playing it on a keyboard but only a little bit into the demo, trying to work out what everything means.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The connector I got is pretty cheapo, think it was £10 or something from play.com a few years ago, once you remember which button does what its easy, lots of trial and error though :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
i really should think about getting this game, sure i saw it down to 12quid somewhere.

Afran

Part of the furniture
It's really worth it :0

Must admit there isn't as much immediate replay value as I previously stated but I will for sure play through it again at some point, just not worth re-playing as soon as you complete it :) Still, if you do everything like I did my first playthrough you've got about 2 weeks of 24/7 (literally) gaming time.

Marc

FH is my second home
So during the nest of eagles fight, Rush cast Blackout. Sweet I thought, all I gotta do is make it through this fight and I have it. But of course I got wtf owned so didnt learn it. No bother I thought, if he cast it during that fight, I must be close to learning it. Reloaded the saved game, been playing for an hour and hes not cast it again!!! How does it work? WHy havent I learned it? DOes he only learn it when fighting more than one union?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Learning Blackout

The following is required to learn the Arcana Blackout:

* Only the leader of a union can learn it.
* You need two additional units in the same union capable of using Invocations or Evocations although using all five units raises your chances.
* The leader has to use one of the Invocations spells listed below, the two other units any Invocations or Evocations spell.
* Arcana spells don't level by using them as the other arts. You have to get the required "base" spell and learn it as you did the first time.
* The best place to learn Arcana is the Sweeping Safehold in Ruins of Robelia Castle. Chain all the landworms and switch through all the targets. Most likely you get the required skill combination on one of them.
* To learn Blackout I the leader has to use one of these spells: Spark V, Wind Shear IV, Caustic Blast II or Permafrost I
* To learn Blackout II the leader has to use one of these spells: Wind Shear V, Caustic Blast III, Permafrost II or Wildfire
* To learn Blackout III the leader has to use one of these spells: Caustic Blast IV, Permafrost III, Wildfire II or Grenade Impact
* To learn Blackout IV the leader has to use one of these spells: Caustic Blast V, Permafrost IV, Wildfire III or Grenade Impact II
* To learn Blackout V the leader has to use one of these spells: Permafrost V, Wildfire IV or Grenade Impact III

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The demo is awful! It does not show you how to play, just throws you in.

Marc

FH is my second home
Learning Blackout

The following is required to learn the Arcana Blackout:

* Only the leader of a union can learn it.
* You need two additional units in the same union capable of using Invocations or Evocations although using all five units raises your chances.
* The leader has to use one of the Invocations spells listed below, the two other units any Invocations or Evocations spell.
* Arcana spells don't level by using them as the other arts. You have to get the required "base" spell and learn it as you did the first time.
* The best place to learn Arcana is the Sweeping Safehold in Ruins of Robelia Castle. Chain all the landworms and switch through all the targets. Most likely you get the required skill combination on one of them.
* To learn Blackout I the leader has to use one of these spells: Spark V, Wind Shear IV, Caustic Blast II or Permafrost I
* To learn Blackout II the leader has to use one of these spells: Wind Shear V, Caustic Blast III, Permafrost II or Wildfire
* To learn Blackout III the leader has to use one of these spells: Caustic Blast IV, Permafrost III, Wildfire II or Grenade Impact
* To learn Blackout IV the leader has to use one of these spells: Caustic Blast V, Permafrost IV, Wildfire III or Grenade Impact II
* To learn Blackout V the leader has to use one of these spells: Permafrost V, Wildfire IV or Grenade Impact III

This is all very well but my union never casts more than 2 spells during a round. 2 will cast spells including rush, but then the other 3 just "attack". How can I get them to cast more?

Afran

Part of the furniture
The demo is awful! It does not show you how to play, just throws you in.

Hell ye :p

Said that in a previous post, 1st page I think ^^

@Marc: Have the union on standby the first round to stack up their AP. Use the Orb formation (lowers AP costs) if you have too.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This is all very well but my union never casts more than 2 spells during a round. 2 will cast spells including rush, but then the other 3 just "attack". How can I get them to cast more?

You need to have more action points! You need to go a couple of rounds of combat and you will get more options. Also as your initial AP increases and your units learn more mystic arts, you should have more options. If all else fails, try play it by ear. A union with high intelligence can do some really interesting things then :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Oh ffs

DId nest of eagles. Rush cast Blackout, but then later died so didnt get the art :<

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You won't see them get a +1 in their inventory actually if they ask for it, it'll reduce their needed amount by 1 total instead

just checked this, cause I was sure I was right. I have it on the pc and it increases the count on their items screen by one when they get an item. It starts at 0. This is really annoying as you never know how many they need.

Afran

Part of the furniture
just checked this, cause I was sure I was right. I have it on the pc and it increases the count on their items screen by one when they get an item. It starts at 0. This is really annoying as you never know how many they need.

I meant when you dupe an item, so we're both right.

You can always check Wiki if you wanna know what to farm for them but it's still not worth it, if you're min/maxing that way you'll just end up losing stat potential overall as you'll have to kill weak mobs.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Dissapointed with the ending, I felt there was more storyline coming :(

Oh well, play it through again I suppose, not sure I found all the cities, and got side quests left to do.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Hmm I'm not 100% sure with it tbh, seems quite arcadey?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom