Football The 2023-24 Football Thread

Embattle

FH is my second home
It'll be an interesting year for Chelsea, plenty more work for Pochettino to do.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Pochettino is an interesting way of spelling Judas cunt.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Don't worry, he'll be available again at Christmas. (we seem to do this every year with Chelsea)

Edit, away from the prem. Northampton Town to get relegated.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpool to sell most of the rest of their squad to Saudi Arabia, who are using their oil money to buy players from teams that threaten Newcastle ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Liverpool to sell most of the rest of their squad to Saudi Arabia, who are using their oil money to buy players from teams that threaten Newcastle ;)

Half of them will probably end up on loan at Newcastle anyway.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Half of them will probably end up on loan at Newcastle anyway.
It'd be really funny if there was something in their contract that allows them to designate a loan club for a single year - and then the Saudis punted all the best players from their 4 top teams over to the Barcodes for a year :D

Gray

FH is my second home
I'm a bit suss of the Saudi's buying out all these aging players and paying double digit millions for the transfers, something just screams FFP bypass.

I'm saying that in frustration that they won't buy Maupay from us for £5m, let alone £50m.

I hope for a better season for Everton now, I'm not worried about top half finish yet but as long as we can avoid a relegation scrap that will do me.

We're finally by the looks of things getting in some forwards. The preseason hasn't been fantastic by any stretch but as long as they're getting a run.

I think we long as we stick with Dyche we should be safe.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There is no FFP for Saudi @Gray.

I'm hoping the toffees have a better season too. And that City get fined back to the 80's ;)

Gray

FH is my second home
No I mean the reverse, they're giving such big millions (because they can) but it also improves the selling teams FFP as it reduces their expenditure

So clubs can sell their aging 30+ star for £20m even though they're maybe worth half that, then the club doesn't have as much issue buying a 23 year old for £50m

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair, I'd have driven Fabhino to the airport myself for £40m.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I know they're getting paid stupid amounts of money, but would you go and play football in Saudi Arabia? I can't think of a worse place.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know they're getting paid stupid amounts of money, but would you go and play football in Saudi Arabia? I can't think of a worse place.
How rich do you need to be Hendo...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If I had the bank accounts that some of these players have, nope. But there would be few things I wouldn't do for some of the wages being thrown about. Even for a year, fuck it, even a month would work.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think this was the sort of discussion on talksport, there was pushback from one of the commentators because in essence it isn't as if they aren't already getting loads of money already.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Football is fooked isn't it.

Apparently Liverpool are 2nd favourites to win from Opta, at 5.2% chance of beating City.

:(

Embattle

FH is my second home
Harry Kane really needs to leave Spurs otherwise his career could end without any silverware, matching Spurs recent record.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Harry Kane really needs to leave Spurs otherwise his career could end without any silverware, matching Spurs recent record.
Yeah. Shame he's gonna haveta leave the prem.

To be fair tho - it's a bit late now. He fucked up when be signed the other contract.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It is quite an odd move, I know we were going for him but we didn't want to spunk that kind of money on him. Their value based on the fact he recently signed a new contract and his agent wasn't smart enough to stick a buyout clause in it.
Even Brighton didn't think anyone would spunk that on him.

I guess needs must. If he's as good as they say he is (at 21?) then maybe he's the jigsaw piece that puts us back in contention. But I doubt it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well it is a gamble, something my dad keeps forgetting every time he sees such silly money for a young player.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Should have said "no" on either Hendo or Fab tbh. We put pressure on ourselves there.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Someone needs to put their head above the parapet and say "we have a thing called a rule of law and it's about time some of you cunts started appreciating that before we descend into anarchy".

Only gonna get worse when Labour gets in tbh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If football manager is anything to go by, Haaland is frightening, into his early 30s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom