Advice Reckon someone here knows the answer to the following question .....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
which is

What is the strongest weed killer known to man I can spray over my block paving drive which will kill them weeds and slow growth for a few months so I am not doing it weekly?

Ta muchly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anything with Glyphosate in it.

Horrible stuff. Causes cancer. We coat our food in it. Kills plants like billyo.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lovely, will get some ordered so I can nuke the drive.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Let us know what you pick and if it's any good, got a similar issue

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just some roundup @MYstIC G. It's got glyphosate in it. Kills the plants hard.

Of course, they grow back. But that's a different thing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is very good at killing weeds, it is considered a "probable human carcinogen" but unless you intend to drink it I wouldn't worry.

I personally use boiling water at times.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is very good at killing weeds, it is considered a "probable human carcinogen" but unless you intend to drink it I wouldn't worry.

I personally use boiling water at times.
Fuck that, just as much risk as breathing in the shit air we have. I might try a couple of drops on the bellend for giggles and to ensure it gets a good deep clean :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"The whole of modern arable farming hinges on using this herbicide".

Yes, it does. And people get very upset for good reasons. One being the farm you're running is a monocultrual biodiversity hellhole and there are other models that can increase yeild, be better for nature and don't use 'em.

Yep, food gets more expensive because we need human input. But until we can get past the mentality which produces chickens cheaper than pints of beer, then we ain't got a hope there.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Also interested in this. We have a drive we need to sort out and a huge front garden we want to redo. So any products would be appreciated.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Scaffolding's finally come off my house, so since April I've had, attic insulation, flat roof insulation, new windows and front door, full external insulation wrap and render. House has gone from a D to a B, and best of all, I no longer have fucking pebble dash on any of the external walls (which is like a plague on all houses built in Ireland until about 1990.)

Now to see if I actually save any money.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Scaffolding's finally come off my house, so since April I've had, attic insulation, flat roof insulation, new windows and front door, full external insulation wrap and render. House has gone from a D to a B, and best of all, I no longer have fucking pebble dash on any of the external walls (which is like a plague on all houses built in Ireland until about 1990.)

Now to see if I actually save any money.
Fucking hell pebble dash, immediately think of Emmerdale and Corrie for some reason. Fucking ugly as fuck. Was a grant available to help with any of that?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fucking hell pebble dash, immediately think of Emmerdale and Corrie for some reason. Fucking ugly as fuck. Was a grant available to help with any of that?

Everything except the windows (weirdly) had a grant available. I'll get about 25% back overall.

I detest pebble dash; it was also really common in Wales when I was growing up and even as a child I didn't like it. When I moved to Ireland I realised an enterprising pebble dash salesman had roamed the Irish Sea throughout the 1960s and 70s.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
At least all the houses in Ireland are immaculately painted @DaGaffer. In the UK the pebble dash looks like it's been painted by literally sticking paint up their arse and 'pebble-dashing' :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom