Football The 2023-24 Football Thread

Gray

FH is my second home
I see some news outlet(s) and Twits are showing that an announcement is imminent in regards to the second round of breaches of FFP...

Nottingham are in the direct firing line, I can absolutely understand that as they went absolutely nuts when they got promoted...

... But they're saying Everton have breached again. Even though reviews have being made and due to the sales of like Gordon and Richarlison, so either that's hot air or something is amiss.

We've barely spent on anything. With the exception of the stadium obviously

Embattle

FH is my second home
Perhaps your updated accounts were wrong as well, time will tell.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meanwhile, at City and Chelsea...

The whole thing is absurd, yes, if they have breached rules/regulations, then they should be punished, but you can't punish some and not others.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Meanwhile, at City and Chelsea...

The whole thing is absurd, yes, if they have breached rules/regulations, then they should be punished, but you can't punish some and not others.

They will eventually but I've said to others before that Chelsea have a unique set of circumstances when the owner got sanctioned, City are just kicking the can down the road.

Gray

FH is my second home

View: https://twitter.com/beINSPORTS_EN/status/1746529834220556569?t=W83JoitsGyAlYG9Mr-s57w&s=19

This was interesting when I read it yesterday, the Premier League are changing the rules to this in August 2024.

But because Everton (and Forest) admitted to the charge(s) they've being immediately reprimanded impacting this season.

But Man City have deferred this until 2025 when the new changes come into force. So will anything against them be retroactive, or will they use their council of lawyers to go on post-August 2024 changes.

It's absolute bollocks that we're at risk of being charged again though for the same period. We have to hope that we have some serious success with the appeal(s) that are in place now

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
133 charges at City, or something, right?

Punted into the 4th division?

When from? Some of the stuff they are throwing at Everton is as recent as last season. City shenanigans go back years. Granted, Chelsea is probably fairly complicated, but only recently, again, dodgy for years.

Embattle

FH is my second home
City's is more based around over inflating various sponsorship deals etc, uefa did try to get them on the same thing but they have time limitations iirc.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They will eventually but I've said to others before that Chelsea have a unique set of circumstances when the owner got sanctioned, City are just kicking the can down the road.

Hardly unique, isnt Everton in same boat?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Owner got sanctioned, so they have less funds than planned and no bailout plan, sounds the same to me :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
I didn't realise Farhad Moshiri had been sanctioned, not had the club. Now you might be referring to the person who was constantly rumoured to actually be funding but it still isn't the same.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh ok then, go on Chelsea :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is so naughty, feel for them, nah, do I fuck.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is so naughty, feel for them, nah, do I fuck.
Worth half a billion quid to come back against a championship side ;)

To be fair though - you guys need something to smile about and a trip to Wembley'll do that. It'll be either us or Fulham :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think part of the reason he wants more time off for players is that he wants a fucking holiday himself.

My choice would be Xabi Alonso right now. He might be a flash in the pan, but I doubt it tbh.

Gray

FH is my second home

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Disappointed i havent seen any "The Klopp End" headlines yet

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Genuinely likeable fella. A loss to the premier league.

I hear Maureen is in the job market.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Son was around until 5 minutes into the 2nd half, he decided that it was too upsetting watching Chelshitty getting fucked by Lollerpool. I obviously took the piss and tried to make him more angry as any caring father would.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Son was around until 5 minutes into the 2nd half, he decided that it was too upsetting watching Chelshitty getting fucked by Lollerpool. I obviously took the piss and tried to make him more angry as any caring father would.
I tell you what. I think Connor Bradley should start against Arsenal, rather than Trent. He's fucking epic.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I tell you what. I think Connor Bradley should start against Arsenal, rather than Trent. He's fucking epic.
Francesco gets so worked up I was giggling like a kid and then the pain got too much, he would be quiet for 5 minutes until the next Chelshitty fuckup, then I would wind him up again and rinse and repeat until he had enough and stormed out.

Bless him, he made his Dad laugh so much he had tears of joy.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jeez, watching the women's footie on BBC (recorded earlier). One of the female commentators is making me laugh so much with her eloquent speaking skillz, NOT! I thought I was bad not pronouncing my TH's but she takes my number 1 position, fucking bitch :p

Fing is she didn't kick va ball proper.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh and stop saying

"She is really good around the box", "She is a good dribbler of the ball"

I've not got enough tissues in the house.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh @Scouse you there or taking out your anger on the livestock?

LOLZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom