Ok why ?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Darzil said:
For me, adders harm the gameplay of others, which is a bad thing.

People who abuse others for the playstyle, and insult them, are a worse thing.

The good side for me is that there are still people out there who like to have fun, who try to avoid adds, and who don't crucify others for their mistakes or actions. Far more such people than a read of these forums would suggest.

Darzil / Ignite

Ya know 1 mistake it's okay, 2 mistakes are barable but ofc we are talking of ppl who makes a mistake once every other blue moon when they don't add -.-

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
The answer is because everyone knows the good side and bad side of daoc. And for me adders are people that cant leverage fun out of the game in a sensible good spirited way that makes the game fun for all sides. Instead it really does make daoc in some scenarios the worst MMRPG ever produced, and there so much of this lameness at the moment that numbers really are on the decline on this server...

Adding is a mechanic, adding is what makes this game MORE fun that any other mmorpg which used isntanced pvp and are just a lame `counterstrike in a fantasy setting` predictable deathmatch.

adding brings a sort of realisme, dread, fear uncertainty to the game that a lot of people seem to dispise...

adding is a mechanic, not a sin. ofc, you have the CHOISE not to add and stuff. ofc some people will be more generous with the quarter they give and stuff, nice people. But expecting all players to play like this is stupidly naive at best.

>>your post just highlights the comedy value of some of the arguements these guys come up with. I find them all funny hence, nice guy irl, I pay my subs, its Irvr! Have all become little catch phrases, and peeps continue to use these as legitimate reasons for their lameness, totally oblivious to the fact that basically....... they are lemons.

And what does that make you ?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Ya know 1 mistake it's okay, 2 mistakes are barable but ofc we are talking of ppl who makes a mistake once every other blue moon when they don't add -.-

And in my book, whilst that's bad, the people who don't insult one person, or two, but don't do it in one post every other blue moon are worse -.-

Darzil

censi

Can't get enough of FH

An overlord!

enough about adding though. I guess sometimes adds are fun and there is an element of truth that u get some good moments from peeps that add and you win.

Cept for caster adds which blow your nutz off in 2 seconds!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
For me, adders harm the gameplay of others, which is a bad thing.

adding is a mechanic in daoc, you don`t like it, go play a game where adding is not possible (any other mmorpg). ofc, some restraint at times and not an automatic `add on sight` policy might be nice... nothing wrong with letting 2 apprantly solo people finish their fight and then execute the surviver, in my book.

when you see more than 2 people fihting, it becomes VERY confusing at times and a lot of wrong descisions can be made in the short frame of time you have to evaluate the situation, true

>>People who abuse others for the playstyle, and insult them, are a worse thing.

those imho are the most ugly part of this game.

>>The good side for me is that there are still people out there who like to have fun, who try to avoid adds, and who don't crucify others for their mistakes or actions. Far more such people than a read of these forums would suggest.

it`s not like i avoid adding, but i think i do my best to leave obvious one on one`s OUTSIDE of a very bussy (i)rvr area allone till they finish their fight.

and yes, i have been know to blow a mid and a hib who were fighting, both to kingdome come with 1-2 pbaoe blasts and leave them allone on other occasions...

it`s a line we all draw for ourselves, mostly at different spots.

a little bit of leniency and respect makes this place a better place for all i guess, but the `don`t add ffs` attitude makes me want to puke too.

who are people to tell other people what NOT to do in a mmorpg because it disturbes their little ego trip ? everybody has just as much rights to kill the next person they encounter belonging to an enemy realms as anyone else.

you can`t camp a spot and claim dominion over it and reserve yourself the right to fight someone without someone else doing just what this game is about and attack the same person as you.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
When people give respect daoc becomes a great MMRPG, and all sides have fun.

This is true, unfortunately respect is a 2-way street and thats what causes the problem. Show no respect and you cannot expect to recieve any in return. To expect a player to respect your choice of playstyle you must respect theirs, unfortunately in a game like this the two are not mutually exclusive, in fact they clash. It's like someone saying they like red wine, another saying the like white, thats fine, but when there's only 1 bottle that they must share, which type of wine will it be?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
u dont get it though mully.

basically its like I say you can keep nuking the shit out of peoples 1v1's. And there wont be a game in 3-6 months.

You can blaim this on mythic or whatever, or you can just take a light hearted approach and try and be reasonably nice out there.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
thing with calling ppl adders etc is..

its done on a forum usually, or irc. That can be avoided by those who do not wish to be called that, just dont visit the RVRsection on FH and dont post your own gratsthread, etc. Dont visit agramon.rvr on irc either because there you will be slandered to hell and back for beeing a lamer (from another type of players pov.).

How exactly am I meant to avoid adders ingame? /emote em to go away? Turn off my monitor so I dont see em? How?

There is a huge difference here. One can be avoided, other cannot, both affect the gameplay.

Another thing.. How many vids have you guys seen of people beeing proud to zerg? Have you ever seen a guy like Muylatrix make a video with him showing off his way of playing the game, at a bridge with a zerg or in iRVR with a zerg or at a tower with a DIbot.. near a zerg, etc? I havent seen any such vids at all tbh. Have you seen a vid of CM RVRing their way, vs guards middle in the night? Have you seen some stealthervid of an asshat like denarius showing how he usually play, zerging solos, adding on everything that moves, etc? I havent.

IF this playstyle, the way of the adder or zerger or asshat or whatever, was something to be proud of, people would make vids of them PWNING solos with 40 ppl and such.. So, why dont ppl make em? Some arent afraid of sticking out there nose here and defend their casual stylee so why not make it really public and show their skills? Its nothing to be ashamed of, is it? Or wait, it really is, isnt it? :rolleyes:

pip

Banned
Just play game for you and no1 else imo and have fun:) if you don't like dying don't play this game it's not hard is it ?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
Just play game for you and no1 else imo and have fun:) if you don't like dying don't play this game it's not hard is it ?

pip make a huntervid imo showing how good u are. or why cant we see when u press 123 on warlock and kill ppl in a really hard way, or when u add em down and zerg etc, sure it would be a v interersting and educating vid...

pip

Banned
Shike said:
pip make a huntervid imo showing how good u are.
I got lots of good footage on hunter from fights:) I don't claim to be great got lots of solo death blows:) and another thing shite i have fun in this game and don't log on fh /crying when i die:p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Just play game for you and no1 else imo and have fun if you don't like dying don't play this game it's not hard is it ?

yer just be nice and play and have fun, the lightheart casual fatload character, doesnt take the game to seriously if a nice guy irl plays with irl meights! And spam /rude at all the peeps you add on etc.

and another thing shite i have fun in this game and don't log on fh /crying when i die

Want me to link the post where u did exactly that?

Eleasias said:
hehe, class :] dunno if its aimed at censi or just everyone who share some of his thoughts, if you like fair fights in a game you're a cock irl and if you ruin other people's fun (some even purposely), lack any respect to co-players you are a nice guy. its funny how its turned around like that at some point :D

back in the day it used to be "oh he left me alone to finish my fight, he must be a nice guy" now its "hey their 6 stealther group zerged me, /laugh and /rude spammed, they must be nice guys irl!"

rofl.

Spot on.

:p

Fanguir

Fledgling Freddie
All reps here wont stop kill /rude /rofl /laugh etc....

Go out and play the game and have a laugh about it, even when u die...

I die 9 out of 10 fights so what, I am having fun :)

btw just dinged rr 3 on my WL :)

Oh forgot to ask a question: do u think we shall all stop trying to kill enemies in rvr and make rvr zone a pvp zone ;)?

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
aye, try to cover lack of intelligence up with sarcasm. Pretty sure you meant pve.

pip

Banned
censi said:
yer just be nice and play and have fun, the lightheart casual fatload character, doesnt take the game to seriously if a nice guy irl plays with irl meights! And spam /rude at all the peeps you add on etc.

Want me to link the post where u did exactly that?
That was not a whine just to point out so called player was talking bs about honor?

Muylaetrix said:
censi said:
The answer is because everyone knows the good side and bad side of daoc. And for me adders are people that cant leverage fun out of the game in a sensible good spirited way that makes the game fun for all sides. Instead it really does make daoc in some scenarios the worst MMRPG ever produced, and there so much of this lameness at the moment that numbers really are on the decline on this server...

Adding is a mechanic, adding is what makes this game MORE fun that any other mmorpg which used isntanced pvp and are just a lame `counterstrike in a fantasy setting` predictable deathmatch.

adding brings a sort of realisme, dread, fear uncertainty to the game that a lot of people seem to dispise...

adding is a mechanic, not a sin. ofc, you have the CHOISE not to add and stuff. ofc some people will be more generous with the quarter they give and stuff, nice people. But expecting all players to play like this is stupidly naive at best.

>>your post just highlights the comedy value of some of the arguements these guys come up with. I find them all funny hence, nice guy irl, I pay my subs, its Irvr! Have all become little catch phrases, and peeps continue to use these as legitimate reasons for their lameness, totally oblivious to the fact that basically....... they are lemons.

Seeing this kind of posts it's like you havn't played daoc long enough to see the history and progress.

As with many games daoc have evolved in a way where the developers have added more items and upped everyones damage on an uneven base; as in not upping hits/absorb in the same way.

DAoC for 5 years ago an armsman did 150 dmg every 5 second and he could take having 2-3 other ppl hitting on him for 30 dmg each swing, was NP. The game was balanced in a way that even unfair ( to the nummber fights ) were to last long.

As the game developed Mythic did the same misstake as many other games ( one that springs to mind is Diablo II ), where they UP the DAMAGE to such a degree where the life dmg ratio what used to be 1:1 becomes 1:10.

Now anyone with half a brain will realize that if the damage been upped tenfold then 1 or 2 adds is gonna shorten the fight to a large extent, add to that new classes that on their own can kill off other ppl in the time frames of 3-4 seconds.
With all this presented to you and with the NF mapping in mind, why is it so hard to realize that warlocks that camp bridges with other warlocks to leech, instant kill, grief and lame about is killing the game and have done for ages.

I mean sure, DAoC was released as a full scale no rule 'RvR' game. Where a big part of the PvP was meant to be chaos on the battlefield. But with the games progress in mind and how that affected the 'battle in the battle' it is kinda far fetched to believe that will work 5 years later.
All those years ago it was possible for that Armsman to run around in a 50 man zerg and get "unfair" fights that he probably would loose in the long run, but since the damage ratio was like 1:1 it got exciting, thrilling and challenging for all parts.
The ones that did play during this time of DAoC wouldn't mind getting added on since it wasn't equal to instant death as it is nowadays.

Finally, with all this in mind, why would anyone even think of making a warlock, and then sit here 2 years later being rr10 or whatever and ask where it all went wrong?

pip

Banned
Sneakers|Matriarch said:
Muylaetrix said:
Seeing this kind of posts it's like you havn't played daoc long enough to see the history and progress.

As with many games daoc have evolved in a way where the developers have added more items and upped everyones damage on an uneven base; as in not upping hits/absorb in the same way.

DAoC for 5 years ago an armsman did 150 dmg every 5 second and he could take having 2-3 other ppl hitting on him for 30 dmg each swing, was NP. The game was balanced in a way that even unfair ( to the nummber fights ) were to last long.

As the game developed Mythic did the same misstake as many other games ( one that springs to mind is Diablo II ), where they UP the DAMAGE to such a degree where the life dmg ratio what used to be 1:1 becomes 1:10.

Now anyone with half a brain will realize that if the damage been upped tenfold then 1 or 2 adds is gonna shorten the fight to a large extent, add to that new classes that on their own can kill off other ppl in the time frames of 3-4 seconds.
With all this presented to you and with the NF mapping in mind, why is it so hard to realize that warlocks that camp bridges with other warlocks to leech, instant kill, grief and lame about is killing the game and have done for ages.

I mean sure, DAoC was released as a full scale no rule 'RvR' game. Where a big part of the PvP was meant to be chaos on the battlefield. But with the games progress in mind and how that affected the 'battle in the battle' it is kinda far fetched to believe that will work 5 years later.
All those years ago it was possible for that Armsman to run around in a 50 man zerg and get "unfair" fights that he probably would loose in the long run, but since the damage ratio was like 1:1 it got exciting, thrilling and challenging for all parts.
The ones that did play during this time of DAoC wouldn't mind getting added on since it wasn't equal to instant death as it is nowadays.

Finally, with all this in mind, why would anyone even think of making a warlock, and then sit here 2 years later being rr10 or whatever and ask where it all went wrong?
Get a clue before you talk bs about warlocks want to see the damage i done on a armsman this morning ?

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
Get a clue before you talk bs about warlocks want to see the damage i done on a armsman this morning ?

Get a clue before posting bullshit threads just for attention.
And for the last time, noone wants to see your c*ck sucking leechlock, You got no skills what so ever.
And if you still don't get why people hates zergs\adding\leeching you will never get it. So stop asking.

Ucallme

Banned
pip said:
Why do folk moan about people adding?

Why do folk cry about being zerged?

Why do folk slander others of on Fh?

Think about it this way...

why do people like adding/zerging on fights etc...?
Why do people cry about it after?
Why do people slander others on FH?

If none of the above ever happened FH would be full of Gratz threads and that would be it :)

I think you get people who so called 'add' on fights do it for 2 reasons and that is:

1 - Just out for RP only and couldn't give a toss about other people
2 - and maybe they do it on purpose just to get a reaction from you after e.g. posting on FH (I know this because I have posted on FH before) :)

In a way people should treat this 'game' as 'real life' I know this sounds pathetic, but think about it. example: If you guys are playing football and some random person comes and takes the ball away from you, you wouldn't like it would you? So, maybe try put yourself in the person's shoes on taking the football and think 'Would I like it done to me if I was playing football and someone came along and took my ball away from me'.
(Im reading that back to me and LOL at me this is stupid rofl).

All im trying to say is think before you act and maybe the game would be alot better?

Please dont turn this against me as I dont want to be flamed because some of the above I have done myself. After all, this is just sharing my point of view.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
How exactly am I meant to avoid adders ingame?

you can`t

>>/emote em to go away?

we all know that /send `die irl you worthless piece of adding trash` and spamming emotes are just the thing you need to do to gain respect.

>>There is a huge difference here. One can be avoided, other cannot, both affect the gameplay.

you CAN NOT avoid adding, lie to yourself all you want, but it IS the truth.

>>Have you ever seen a guy like MuylaEtrix make a video with him showing off his way of playing the game, at a bridge ... or in iRVR ... or at a tower with a DIbot, ... , etc?

i would have if i had a computer that could cope with fraps and heavy rvr at the same time. i probably even would ask setpima to do the editing as he`s damn good at it :p

>>IF this playstyle, the way of the adder or zerger or asshat or whatever, was something to be proud of, people would make vids of them PWNING solos with 40 ppl and such..

you are soo blind to see anything that isn`t conform to you playstyle tbh.

your generalistion of anything that doesn`t play YOUR rules is sad at best.

Where do you get the audacity to pose your `i am holier than thou` attitude here and claim to be right ?

i am presenting a view, you are just out to crucifie people who don`t agree with you.

i prefer the company of friendly noobs above the company of self rightious bastards who thinkthemselves to be gods gift to daoc tbh. !!!

pip said:
Sneakers|Matriarch said:

Pip, that post wasn't made for you. I knew you wouldn't understand it since in fact, you are the one who got absolutely no clue whatsoever.

Obviously my post is not about the exact dmg a warlock does to an armsman in this very second. It is about the games evolement (sp?) and the progress/changes that occured over the years, that have shifted the dmg balance; indirectly making some playstyles very destructive for the game as whole.

That I even try to make you grasp and comprehend this is probably a waste of time :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Sneakers|Matriarch said:

This is a very good analysis of the game's evolution and how it affects some attitudes and playstyle.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

You don't get stick because you call people "adders", "zergers" or anything else. It's the fact that all the f*cking time you are belittling people because of how they play a computer game with your cheap gibes and snide comments. And it's for that reason alone that you are considered a complete and utter ****.

I dunno, maybe you were bullied at school or spoiled by your parents. Maybe there are understandable reasons why you have this obsession with constantly putting people down when you don't get your own way. But whatever it is, get over it. It's a computer game. If your pixels get interfered with in a way which upsets you swear at the screen, take a swig of your pint, type /release and go again. Just stop being such a **** about it.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Chrstffr said:
rvr is pvp, dumbass

Actually no it isn't and it's the difference between them that causes all this bitterness.

The people branded 'adders' 'zergers' whatever else are playing rvr the people wanting isolated 1 vs 1 are playing pvp.

Bracken said:
You don't get stick because you call people "adders", "zergers" or anything else. It's the fact that all the f*cking time you are belittling people because of how they play a computer game with your cheap gibes and snide comments. And it's for that reason alone that you are considered a complete and utter ****.

[B]I dunno, maybe you were bullied at school, spoiled by your parents or abused by your Uncle Monty. Maybe there are understandable reasons why you have this obsession with constantly putting people down when you don't get your own way.[/B] But whatever it is, get over it. It's a computer game. If your pixels get interfered with in a way which upsets you swear at the screen, take a swig of your pint, type /release and go again. Just stop being such a **** about it.

Your so not the one to talk Bracken. You do exactely the same things, and you have done this for ages aswell. Maybe you should lay down the rocks and realize that you to live in a house of glass.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Sneakers|Matriarch said:

since 2 months after launch.

>>DAoC for 5 years ago an armsman did 150 dmg every 5 second and he could take having 2-3 other ppl hitting on him for 30 dmg each swing, was NP. The game was balanced in a way that even unfair ( to the nummber fights ) were to last long.

and yesterday i was nuking sacr(e ??) for 170 (-480) wit 10% resist pierce and 20% debuff....
defenses have increased enormously over that 5 years time too you know.
4 years ago, almost noone had capped resists, now 35+ has become the standard. my hp have raised with over 400 points in the last 4 years.

still, my damage is THE SAME (except for ofcourse higher + magic skill, ra`s, better gear)

>>Now anyone with half a brain will realize that if the damage been upped tenfold then 1 or 2 adds is gonna shorten the fight to a large extent, add to that new classes that on their own can kill off other ppl in the time frames of 3-4 seconds

i always died in under 3 secs and i still die in under 3 secs, not much has changed imho. a heavy tank with a 2 hander can still kill me in 3 blows.

i have been oneshoted by (mid) stealhers with a single (2h) PA...

i still don`t survive stun / nuke / nuke / nuke.

not much changed imho.

>>I mean sure, DAoC was released as a full scale no rule 'RvR' game. Where a big part of the PvP was meant to be chaos on the battlefield.

and it still is imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom