Ok why ?

censi

Can't get enough of FH
no thats bollacks. a very large % of the community I fight and RVR with each day. get prawned by them, prawn them etc. enjoy it all as part of the game.

muly is right to a certain extent that sometimes in daoc its impossible in certain situations to get the old halo out and start cycling through a field of 20 opponents... ooo no hes anice guy leave him move to next target ooo no leave him he is a nice guy move to next one... oo he is a lamer kill!!!!!

he is right with that arguement i guess. shit happens.

The people I give stick to are not people that have blasted my nutz off in the middle of a fighting frenzy where stuff happens... they are generally the ones that I see just steaming into 1v1's with no risk and plently of time to asses situation.... aka they do it to greif... and then give you a few /rofs and /rudes and they become reknowned for doing it time and time and time again to people. they are the real lamers of the server.

------------

as for

That was not a whine just to point out so called player was talking bs about honor?

do you seriously expect any player of this game to do anything other than fook you over at any opportunity. why on earth should they put up with your antics and not do the same to you. thats whats so funny. Fooking hypocrite censi!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Sneakers|Matriarch said:
Your so not the one to talk Bracken. You do exactely the same things, and you have done this for ages aswell. Maybe you should lay down the rocks and realize that you to live in a house of glass.

I've never put someone down because of their chosen playstyle or because I haven't got my own way. I've only ever taken issue with people over their attitude to others. Huge and very obvious difference which I'm sure you're able to grasp.

Muylaetrix said:
Sneakers|Matriarch said:
Seeing this kind of posts it's like you havn't played daoc long enough to see the history and progress.

since 2 months after launch.

>>DAoC for 5 years ago an armsman did 150 dmg every 5 second and he could take having 2-3 other ppl hitting on him for 30 dmg each swing, was NP. The game was balanced in a way that even unfair ( to the nummber fights ) were to last long.
As the game developed Mythic did the same misstake as many other games ( one that springs to mind is Diablo II ), where they UP the DAMAGE to such a degree where the life dmg ratio what used to be 1:1 becomes 1:10.

and yesterday i was nuking sacr(e ??) for 170 (-480) wit 10% resist pierce and 20% debuff....
defenses have increased enormously over that 5 years time too you know.
4 years ago, almost noone had capped resists, now 35+ has become the standard. my hp have raised with over 400 points in the last 4 years.

still, my damage is THE SAME (except for ofcourse higher + magic skill, ra`s, better gear)

>>Now anyone with half a brain will realize that if the damage been upped tenfold then 1 or 2 adds is gonna shorten the fight to a large extent, add to that new classes that on their own can kill off other ppl in the time frames of 3-4 seconds

i always died in under 3 secs and i still die in under 3 secs, not much has changed imho. a heavy tank with a 2 hander can still kill me in 3 blows.

i have been oneshoted by (mid) stealhers with a single (2h) PA...

i still don`t survive stun / nuke / nuke / nuke.

not much changed imho.

>>I mean sure, DAoC was released as a full scale no rule 'RvR' game. Where a big part of the PvP was meant to be chaos on the battlefield.

and it still is imho.

This post is just what I meant, it is lik you have no clue at all of how the "old rvr was".

People didnt have capped all temps in early daoc/si daoc is true, most had capped the important stuff and some had capped all.
A casters DPS have raised 200% since old days/si days, just the fact that you don't know enough to figure that one out by yourself is profound.
1) cast spd 2) pierce resists 3) change in RAs 4) itmes with + spell dmg
Wage that vs your 400 hits.

The Armsman and warlock exampels are exampels no real nummbers, since I don't need you to know the exact nummbers to make a real point. Anyone not beeing deliberatly stubborn do know dmg have scaled higher in comparsion to defence, end of story.

In short, the bumped dmg ratio have made the end rvr game within the frames of NF scenary extremly frustrating, and the situtaion you have in daoc now is a result of many bad desicions made by Mythic.

/edit Wanna add that this is not a warlock whine, so don't even go that way.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
The people I give stick to are not people that have blasted my nutz off in the middle of a fighting frenzy where stuff happens... they are generally the ones that I see just steaming into 1v1's with no risk and plently of time to asses situation.... aka they do it to greif... and then give you a few /rofs and /rudes and they become reknowned for doing it time and time and time again to people. they are the real lamers of the server./QUOTE]

i think most people who fought me in `unlucky` circumstances will find that i am 100 times more likely to /cry over an opponent who just got wasted against impossible odds than to /laugh or /rude players EVER.

i don`t add on 1 vs 1 on purpose... generally.

I don`t play to grief. some people will probably not agree... sigh.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
>>I mean sure, DAoC was released as a full scale no rule 'RvR' game. Where a big part of the PvP was meant to be chaos on the battlefield.

and it still is imho.

Correct, in your opinion.

People enjoy different aspects of the game, just to bad some enjoy fucking up for others and playing like shitheads.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
>>People didnt have capped all temps in early daoc/si daoc is true, most had capped the important stuff and some had capped all.
A casters DPS have raised 200% since old days/si days, just the fact that you don't know enough to figure that one out by yourself is profound.
1) cast spd 2) pierce resists 3) change in RAs 4) itmes with + spell dmg
Wage that vs your 400 hits.

400 hits + capped resists (or at least much better) now + 10 % resists from cl`s + better AF + di + ... much bigger power pools on clerics and abilities to replenish power, are all things that helped raise defenses. and even if you die, now it is much easier to get a rezz than it used to be.

yes, caster dps has increased, but so have other peoples offensive and defensive powers.

>>In short, the bumped dmg ratio have made the end rvr game within the frames of NF scenary extremly frustrating, and the situtaion you have in daoc now is a result of many bad desicions made by Mythic.

the smaller the groups that are involved in a fight are, the shorter fights will be, probably. i notice very little difference in zerg vs zerg fights than can last ages.

keep takes and keep captures still take as long as they used to.

No point discussing with some1 who do not understand the diffrence in beeing able to heal his group for abit less mana VS a debuff nuker hitting for 850 dmg @ 0.8s / spell.

pip

Banned
View attachment 3110Well warlock damage on armsman:( Prob hard to make but i will type it.

205-111
critt hit 26

118-277
163-381
103-241
104-244
critt 20
163-381
122-286

I mean whats point in trying to solo 1?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
we all know that /send `die irl you worthless piece of adding trash` and spamming emotes are just the thing you need to do to gain respect.

Heh, if you knew anything about me you would know that I actually treat my realmmates as good as I can. Same goes for any of my guildmates or the old guilds ive been GM in. You assume im a total idiot and treat ppl like shit ingame, which isnt true. On the contrary, I try to show respect both to enemys ingame and also more importantly to my realmmates. Anyone who knows me ingame knows this. That "die irl" shit is for idiots and those who are extremely immature or who just dont know any better.

Muylaetrix said:
you CAN NOT avoid adding, lie to yourself all you want, but it IS the truth.

and thats exactly what i said and you just agree with my point.

Muylaetrix said:
i would have if i had a computer that could cope with fraps and heavy rvr at the same time. i probably even would ask setpima to do the editing as he`s damn good at it :p

funny, Ive never ever seen a zerglingvid.. perhaps every single zergling out there have a shitPC, who knows... <chuckles>

Muylaetrix said:
you are soo blind to see anything that isn`t conform to you playstyle tbh.

no, I can very clearly see that the population is dropping to catastrophic levels, I can also see that there are loads of people who are lazy bums who just want RPs served on a table up right infront of their nukebutton.

Muylaetrix said:
your generalistion of anything that doesn`t play YOUR rules is sad at best.

actually wrong aswell, I dont mind if 2FGs with casuals roam around, can be pretty darn funny fights just as any guildgroup can be. I dont mind casuals zerging around when its relicraids or keepraids and such going on either, I realise keeps needs numbers and well, zergs are numbers. I dont see any problems with that. What I do mind is the zombielike dumb bridgebrigares. If you paid any kind of attention to my posts in these matters you would see that.

Muylaetrix said:
Where do you get the audacity to pose your `i am holier than thou` attitude here and claim to be right ?

uh? I didnt say that, I just dont like bridgebrigades since they do nothing proactive at all. Again, read my posts properly and see what Im trying to say instead of assuming things you think I want to say. The narrowminded here is actually you o_O

Muylaetrix said:
i am presenting a view, you are just out to crucifie people who don`t agree with you.

lol, I debate and put forth my arguments, so far you have presented zero counterarguements that actually hold any water at all. If you cant debate and think someone who does it is out to crucify people, go away.

Muylaetrix said:
i prefer the company of friendly noobs above the company of self rightious bastards who thinkthemselves to be gods gift to daoc tbh. !!!

Haha.. I know some of the nicest people Ive ever met in a game, during my years in DAoC I have met quite alot of people btw, some are just ubernice and some are complete fools and plain stupid, those I tend to avoid. you assume every nooob is friendly, I assume they are noobs. You assume every single guy out there that RVR in a more organised way is a prick, I assume they are organised people who likes RVR. Anyone can be friendly, from any playerbase, anyone can be hostile, from any playerbase, anyone can be the most helpful and selfsacrificing guy you ever met, has nothing with their preferences in RVR to do at all. And some people call me narrowminded? haha. You are as prejudided as any elite hardcore RVRplayer with a silly attitude ffs.. look yourself in the mirror before you open your mouth mate :) You are as guilty as you believe I am.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Sneakers|Matriarch said:
No point discussing with some1 who do not understand the diffrence in beeing able to heal his group for abit less mana VS a debuff nuker hitting for 850 dmg @ 0.8s / spell.

that debuff nuker hit me for 680 (or whatever) + crits too in OF.

0.8 S is unrealistic (if we agree that you need 390+ dex and 10% casting speed to reach 40% of delve casting time, which is considered cap), 1 sec gets close to realistic. 1.1 sec is realistic. in old fronteer it was `maybe` 0.1 or 0.2 secs slower.

now, sometimes you can walk away from stun / debuf / nuke / nuke / nuke thanks to things like DI, far better resisists, ..., while in OF that was a death sentence.

agh, but ofc hibs could do 100% resists at that time and stuff while for albs it was next to impossible to have 26+ elemental resists).

i would say my survivability only increased tbh.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
Heh, if you knew anything about me you would know that I actually treat my realmmates as good as I can. Same goes for any of my guildmates or the old guilds ive been GM in. You assume im a total idiot and treat ppl like shit ingame, which isnt true. On the contrary, I try to show respect both to enemys ingame and also more importantly to my realmmates. Anyone who knows me ingame knows this.

sorry, it wasn`t about you. it was a generalisation.

>>funny, Ive never ever seen a zerglingvid.. perhaps every single zergling out there have a shitPC, who knows... <chuckles>

maybe i should ask someone of the people i group with to run fraps then,... now there is a good idea.

>>no, I can very clearly see that the population is dropping to catastrophic levels, I can also see that there are loads of people who are lazy bums who just want RPs served on a table up right infront of their nukebutton.

i agree with the poluation level dropping to very low levels, we don`t agree on what causes this apparantly. tbh i think outgame reasons have far more to do with it (most people don`t stick with a game for 5 years without going tired with it, other games, lack of advertising, ...)

>>uh? I didnt say that, I just dont like bridgebrigades since they do nothing proactive at all. Again, read my posts properly and see what Im trying to say instead of assuming things you think I want to say. The narrowminded here is actually you o_O
lol, I debate and put forth my arguments, so far you have presented zero counterarguements that actually hold any water at all. If you cant debate and think someone who does it is out to crucify people, go away.

seems like the tone of my post was way to personal now i reread it with you pointing me at stuff. yes. i think i should have replaced a lot of `you` and `your` with `people`. sorry for that.

>>Haha.. I know some of the nicest people Ive ever met in a game, during my years in DAoC I have met quite alot of people btw, some are just ubernice and some are complete fools and plain stupid, those I tend to avoid. you assume every nooob is friendly, I assume they are noobs.

`friendly noobs` are two conditions. the first one of the two beeing the far more important one.

`self rightious bastards who thinkthemselves to be gods gift to daoc` is a very big lot of conditions.

it`s not like i want to split the entire player base in those two categories. they represent two possible opposing edges of the specrtum as far as i see it.

>>Anyone can be friendly, from any playerbase, anyone can be hostile, from any playerbase, anyone can be the most helpful and selfsacrificing guy you ever met, has nothing with their preferences in RVR to do at all.

very true.

>>And some people call me narrowminded? haha. You are as prejudided as any elite hardcore RVRplayer with a silly attitude ffs.. look yourself in the mirror before you open your mouth mate :) You are as guilty as you believe I am.

for not being able to exactly voice my thoughts in a way they can not be misunderstood by everyone i certainly stand guilty as charged. you pointing out some of the ways i phrased stuff in my last post form a very good example. my excuses for that. english is not my native language. it even ain`t my second language.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
aaarrgghh... hate your unstructured post, looks like a complete mess tbh :) separate the quotes with lines or something at least. Like this:
------------------------
Myulatrix: ya ya ya
Shike : no no no
-----------------------
Muy....

etc.. you get the idea. So much easier to answer you aswell if you do that :)

Muylaetrix said:
that debuff nuker hit me for 680 (or whatever) + crits too in OF.

0.8 S is unrealistic (if we agree that you need 390+ dex and 10% casting speed to reach 40% of delve casting time, which is considered cap), 1 sec gets close to realistic. 1.1 sec is realistic. in old fronteer it was `maybe` 0.1 or 0.2 secs slower.

now, sometimes you can walk away from stun / debuf / nuke / nuke / nuke thanks to things like DI, far better resisists, ..., while in OF that was a death sentence.

agh, but ofc hibs could do 100% resists at that time and stuff while for albs it was next to impossible to have 26+ elemental resists).

i would say my survivability only increased tbh.

Mate with resists in OF u wasn't hit for anything near 700 base dmg. Just go to a classic freeshard and u will see hits around 320-380 ON spec nukes. Spec nukes with debuffs is around 550 dmg, this is with no pierce, no relics, no + magic dmg.
In the old days for exampel there was a hard stat cap @ 300 (was changed at some point after SI though ). So a caster had 300 dex and nothing else that boosted his cast speed, was fair. Now 400 dex and 10% cast speed, 10% magic dmg, 10% pierce resists VS your 400 hits increase. Is this obvious enough for you?
It is a HUGE diffrence in oldschhol dmg ratios and what we got now meanwhile the survivability havn't really followed.

Basically I'm trying to get you to understand that you die faster in a zerg now then you did before, lots faster.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I read yer post now and okidoki is all I really can say, misunderstandings because of language isnt exactly uncommon, im a swede and english isnt my primary language either but I try hard to put in effort in what I type when Im serious, I actually read my posts like, 3 times before I submit and spellcheck and grammarcheck :) Got nothing more to add to your post, seems we agree on many things but have fundamental differences when it comes to preferences, I still think you who have played the game along time should have evolved somewhere on the way and become a really really good player but I think whats holding you back is your predefined view of what FGrvr and the players excersicing that is like.

Take me for example, im a father of three, I try my very very best in real life to harm noone and raise my kids to be good people, Im what many would call, a nice guy IRL. I work with people and customerrelations is one of my areas where im really really good and I have that thanks to empathy and a lot of experience with people of all kinds through my life. Ingame I am a really nice chap who gladly help out and I have played DAoC in many many different ways, both as the hardcore RVRfreak who eats, sleeps and breaths RVR, and also as a casual joe who runs with alliancegroups now and then and pve a shitload. Today im in a guild with 8 ppl who are hilarious to group with and vent is usually filled with loads of laughter and we generally have a quite relaxed view on RVR, basically, we just play and we play for fun, if it aint fun we log, plain and simple. We all are quite experienced in RVR though since we have done it for years but that does in no way mean we are retards that abuse people or who hates casuals etc.. what this all is about is that I want more people to discover how fun RVR actually can be, if one put in some effort into it and try hard to improve, the current situation is actually just dull and boring and even the bridgecampers arent as many as they used to be, ofc RvR is boring and dull when nothing exciting happens, but oneself is the master of ones own experiences too, create groups and go roam and look for enemys is a darn good step in finding that excitement man, standing around, waiting, waiting, waiting OH LOOKSI! A HUNTER! KEEEEEEEEEL! FOR ARTHUR!!!! just doesnt cut it in the longrun, the hunter will just log and the zerg that is camping is eventually gonna get very bored soon too. This isnt healthy for the server at all since it result in less activity out there over time and this is where we actually are right now. Some of the good guilds have left the building and I think now is the exact time for some guilds to field a group and start going out there, the worst killers arent around anymore so its basically alittle easier to survive. Dying in 10s to a welltrimmed maelstromgrp isnt fun, I know this, I wouldnt go to the same zone as them if I was in a casual group :) And if its too hard with one FG vs the remaining groups, bring 2, but pls dont go agramon with that ^^

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sneakers|Matriarch said:
Mate with resists in OF u wasn't hit for anything near 700 base dmg. Just go to a classic freeshard and u will see hits around 320-380 ON spec nukes. Spec nukes with debuffs is around 550 dmg, this is with no pierce, no relics, no + magic dmg.
In the old days for exampel there was a hard stat cap @ 300 (was changed at some point after SI though ). So a caster had 300 dex and nothing else that boosted his cast speed, was fair. Now 400 dex and 10% cast speed, 10% magic dmg, 10% pierce resists VS your 400 hits increase. Is this obvious enough for you?
It is a HUGE diffrence in oldschhol dmg ratios and what we got now meanwhile the survivability havn't really followed.

Basically I'm trying to get you to understand that you die faster in a zerg now then you did before, lots faster.

I've been debuff nuked on my 50 pally in OF, in a capped (SI) template, back when it was possible, with everything up, by Zebolt, for over 1000, and 2 shot (after debuff) on him on numerous occasions.

Darzil

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Sneakers|Matriarch said:

when in OF did hibs not have the powerrelics ;) and we were talking about self debuffers, right ? in those days you had to have a reall crap template AS A HIB not to nuke for cap damage or so it felt to albs.

Sneakers|Matriarch said:
In the old days for exampel there was a hard stat cap @ 300 (was changed at some point after SI though ). So a caster had 300 dex and nothing else that boosted his cast speed, was fair.

it all depends about `which` old fronteer you are talking about i guess.

At the beginning of TOA, cast speed seemed higher than they are now... that is still OF to, you know.

Sneakers|Matriarch said:

As a hib where you could have 100% magic resists and laugh witht an entire zerg`s magic assault compered to now, yes.

As an alb who now runs with cl resists isnstead of no elemental resists and multiple di`s vs nothing back then, no.

even if we die now in the zerg, 10 secs later we are back on our feet.
perfect recovery, eoy, 50% power charges, power barrels, monster rezz...

In OF, you died, you released, now you can die and be back up and running in 10 secs.

In OF the 50% power it took to rezz was cripling.

now i can rezz 2 people normally, 1 pr, 1 with mlc + rp, 8 with eoy, 1 with champ weapon power charge on my cleric.

eoy + ae buffs, no such things in OF...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
I want more people to discover how fun RVR actually can be, if one put in some effort into it and try hard to improve

Many of us know that fg and pure solo fights can be great fun. We have just decided that for whatever reason that's not what we want from the game (although I'll still occasionally run solo). How we play might be relatively mindless, but that's the attraction of it ;) All that's needed is for that to be accepted.

Shike said:
but pls dont go agramon with that ^^

Most reasonable people accept this - although you'll always have some numbnuts who want to grief others. Personally I have no problem if they then get stick for it, it's when the rest of us get it for doing f*ck all wrong that it's out of order.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
Today im in a guild with 8 ppl ...

that might be the biggest difference.

I run a guild with sometimes 15+ people online at peak moments.

I don`t want to field the most competitive group possible out of those people, i want ALL to participate who want and ALL to have fun.

often that means running with crippled groups and rellying half on bots to do the healing... shrug.

having to say `soz, we are full` against a guildy is one of the few things that makes my heart bleed in this game.

Shike said:
We all are quite experienced in RVR though since we have done it for years but that does in no way mean we are retards that abuse people or who hates casuals etc..

some people in tmm are complete and utter gimps who would never get a spot in another guild`s group, some are good players, some are very good players.

TMM has lost people over the years who wanted to start running set groups. some of those players have left to seek that, and have joined other guilds...

most of those guilds excisted for like 3 months before the disbanded and most of those players have left the game too.

TMM has grown from a very little insignificant guild to one of the major players in that time....

Shike said:
what this all is about is that I want more people to discover how fun RVR actually can be, if one put in some effort into it

do you think rvr is no fun for us ?

ps, i hope you apreciate the effort i put in formatting this text :p

Muylaetrix said:
when in OF did hibs not have the powerrelics ;) and we were talking about self debuffers, right ? in those days you had to have a reall crap template AS A HIB not to nuke for cap damage or so it felt to albs.

Well I know for a fact you didn't nuke for 1000 dmg on cap resists, now albs ofc have the choice to run with a friar or not.

Muylaetrix said:
it all depends about `which` old fronteer you are talking about i guess.

Yah, well I thougth we where talking about OF pre ToA, since after that daoc started to change in the dmg ratio.

Muylaetrix said:
At the beginning of TOA, cast speed seemed higher than they are now... that is still OF to, you know.

At the luanch of ToA you could have 20 or even 25% faster cast spd and melee dmg etc etc. This was changed after a while. And why would we count this as the "old times" things already had changed here, in the sense of dmg ratio vs defence/survivability ratio.
This changes is what fuckd up the game, together with NF.

Muylaetrix said:
As a hib where you could have 100% magic resists and laugh witht an entire zerg`s magic assault compered to now, yes.

Tbh, if you had 50% resists in th ol' times you where more then fine, no1 could 2 shot you or kill you before you had the chance to react, we got all that nowadays.
It was even "OKEY" running around with no resists, ppl didn't cast and hit as fast/hard as they do now.
I'm not only clanking on the casters and their DPS, even though they have profoundly affected the RvR scenary in a negative way.

Muylaetrix said:
As an alb who now runs with cl resists isnstead of no elemental resists and multiple di`s vs nothing back then, no.
even if we die now in the zerg, 10 secs later we are back on our feet.

Hmm, the dmg vs survivability ratio affect small scale-, solo- and zerg rvr more then it affects 8v8. But the real problem is just that when 1 solo caster can deal high DPS enough to almost instant kill enemies. It destroys the fun for so many ppl. Getting killed is NP for 95% of the ppl playing daoc but getting killed with 0% chance of doing anything, thats where the frustation and pointlessness lays.

What Pip is asking isn't for a real answer, he is here to troll and act like the tool he is; yet does he touch some rather important and deep points about MMO's. (undeliberatly ofc :) )
Therfore I ask, would DAoC be a better or worse game if they never 'rupted the damag vs survivability ratio. And also WHY do so many MMO's end up like this, as I mentioned in my 1st or whatever post, that Diablo II also went this route and 'ruptd the DMG vs SURVIVABILITY ratio.
Is it more fun to have this Quake DAoC then the slower mmo we read about on the backside.

pip

Banned
I am not trolling nothing? if i was i would of answer all your insults towards me i just thought it would be a intresting thread? and hoping to show all that /crying about adds/zergs on fh is just stupid and makes you look like a fool. There i have answered you now are you happy?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
that might be the biggest difference.

I run a guild with sometimes 15+ people online at peak moments.

I don`t want to field the most competitive group possible out of those people, i want ALL to participate who want and ALL to have fun.

often that means running with crippled groups and rellying half on bots to do the healing... shrug.

having to say `soz, we are full` against a guildy is one of the few things that makes my heart bleed in this game.

Couple of questions regarding this.

1. Why dont you recruit some proper supportclasses, like, clerics? If none are to be recruited, some people can always reroll to support what the guild needs?
2. I already said I dont mind if ppl wanna run 2FGs if its lesser experienced people who just are looking for a fun time while roaming. Why not try that? Run as a guild I mean? Just dodge Agramon and it shouldnt be a problem.
3. Whats the problem with saying: No, we are full mate, sorry, another time? I mean, a group hold 8ppl, not 9 or 12. Surely a mature person with some brains should understand this? AD, my old guild was consisting of 35+ people, all RVReager old farts (especially Tuorin!^^), and well, 35 > 8. I know about that problem and in AD most people was at least mature enough to understand that it has to be so that not everyone can fit into a single group so some trials with a second group arose and thats the way to go imo. Mature members that realise when things arent working out and start doing things on their own. A GM is just there for guidance and for advice and also as a face ******ds but he can hardly control who runs a group and who dont. (our average age in AD was like ~28 though, might have something to do with it...)

Muylaetrix said:
some people in tmm are complete and utter gimps who would never get a spot in another guild`s group, some are good players, some are very good players.

TMM has lost people over the years who wanted to start running set groups. some of those players have left to seek that, and have joined other guilds...

most of those guilds excisted for like 3 months before the disbanded and most of those players have left the game too.

TMM has grown from a very little insignificant guild to one of the major players in that time....

You say set groups, but I say, why not just start with roaming guildgroups? Set group sounds so.. serious :p Make guildgroups that roam 3 days a week and I think you will see that some members would appreciate it, unless they all are casuals who just dont care at all and prefer hugging bridges? Think like this, if every guild started doing guildgroups with the people available and tried to make it relatively balanced, wouldnt that open up for a fullsegment RVRactionserver? Not only for the hardcoreguilds of doom that splatter 7FGs in 20s but for a broader mass of people overall. Ofc some hardcoreguilds will try and take advantage of this in their chase of some easy RPs but what you do then is simple, cooperate with another group and hope for a good fight. Sometimes you will die and sometimes you will get a good fight where you win. Nomatter what, the people out there _will_ learn more, far more than from rotting somewhere.

Muylaetrix said:
do you think rvr is no fun for us ?

well you enjoy it but.. is this you speaking for your guild or is it just you for yourself? Is this for every single casual out there? I know one thing and that is, every single darn time in the past when my groups have picked in some stranger for a ride, that person have afterwards always thanked us for one of the best experiences in RvR he ever had, every single time more or less. That tells me that many players never really get to feel how it actually is to play on a tad higher level in RVR but I also know it is quite hard to get there and I also realise many never get the time for this, the second best would imo be to run in a group with the guild and at least do something else than standing at same ol bridge, in hopes for something to zerg down. What exactly do you really do when there is no iRVR to zerg around in? Can it be so that you just dont know how fun a real proper group actually can be to play in? I have never really seen you in anything but.. zergs.

Muylaetrix said:
ps, i hope you apreciate the effort i put in formatting this text :p

absolutely, much easier to read :)

pip said:
I am not trolling nothing? if i was i would of answer all your insults towards me i just thought it would be a intresting thread? and hoping to show all that /crying about adds/zergs on fh is just stupid and makes you look like a fool. There i have answered you now are you happy?

Calling you a tool is neither an insult or a harrassment, its just a statement of fact. Think about it, does a baker get offended by someone pointing out the obvious fact that he is a baker?

:touch:

pip

Banned
Sneakers|Matriarch said:
Calling you a tool is neither an insult or a harrassment, its just a statement of fact. Think about it, does a baker get offended by someone pointing out the obvious fact that he is a baker?

:touch:
If you don't like my threads don't have to read em, :) and you must have short memory,you have called me alot of names in this thread:( but the amount of post you have made in this thread me thinks you like em:p

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Shike said:
Text. Ofc some hardcoreguilds will try and take advantage of this in their chase of some easy RPs but what you do then is simple, cooperate with another group and hope for a good fight. Sometimes you will die and sometimes you will get a good fight where you win. Nomatter what, the people out there _will_ learn more, far more than from rotting somewhere.
Text.

Your post was realy constructive and can possible make more people think of starting small guild groups however your idea with cooperate with another group is flawed. That would lead to the same result as it is atm abuse, flaming, name calling, you name it due the fact that they ran more than 1 fg. Even tho a 2vs1 fight would been more even and balanced fight.

Most people in the FG/Set group scene say they only play for fair fights. Why is it that those people dislike iRvR due the facts they attract more people into RvR areas in zergs. The FG can ALWAYS go agramon along with the other groups that run FG. The argument that as long as there is iRvR agramon is dead is just a proof that the FG rather go fight the zerg at the bridge than actualy go fight each others in agra.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:
Why dont you recruit some proper supportclasses, like, clerics? If none are to be recruited, some people can always reroll to support what the guild needs?

tmm holds people, not chars. i want people to play what they like, not what is best to optimize the group to the max. you will see infs, scouts, and even the odd necro in a tmm group. ofc some sacrifices have to be made to prevent us from fielding totally worthless groups and stuff.

recruiting people on basis of what chars they have to offer is not my way of doing things.

Shike said:
Whats the problem with saying: No, we are full mate, sorry, another time? I mean, a group hold 8ppl, not 9 or 12.

well, i try NOT to run groups in the strict 8 people sense. i run a group of people. we`ll use croq ring, split group in two, as long as we have a healer for both halves, whatever, to take ALL allong.

what is peoples OBSESSION with 8 people ? I DONT want to say NO to number 9 to present himself for rvr.

Shike said:
Surely a mature person with some brains should understand this? AD, my old guild was consisting of 35+ people, all RVReager old farts (especially Tuorin!^^), and well, 35 > 8. I know about that problem and in AD most people was at least mature enough to understand that it has to be so that not everyone can fit into a single group so some trials with a second group arose and thats the way to go imo. Mature members that realise when things arent working out and start doing things on their own.

this has nothing to do with maturity imho.

Shike said:
You say set groups, but I say, why not just start with roaming guildgroups? Set group sounds so.. serious :p Make guildgroups that roam 3 days a week and I think you will see that some members would appreciate it, unless they all are casuals who just dont care at all and prefer hugging bridges? Think like this, if every guild started doing guildgroups with the people available and tried to make it relatively balanced, wouldnt that open up for a fullsegment RVRactionserver?

Not only for the hardcoreguilds of doom that splatter 7FGs in 20s but for a broader mass of people overall. Ofc some hardcoreguilds will try and take advantage of this in their chase of some easy RPs but what you do then is simple, cooperate with another group and hope for a good fight. Sometimes you will die and sometimes you will get a good fight where you win. Nomatter what, the people out there _will_ learn more, far more than from rotting somewhere.

well you enjoy it but.. is this you speaking for your guild or is it just you for yourself? Is this for every single casual out there? I know one thing and that is, every single darn time in the past when my groups have picked in some stranger for a ride, that person have afterwards always thanked us for one of the best experiences in RvR he ever had, every single time more or less. That tells me that many players never really get to feel how it actually is to play on a tad higher level in RVR but I also know it is quite hard to get there and I also realise many never get the time for this, the second best would imo be to run in a group with the guild and at least do something else than standing at same ol bridge, in hopes for something to zerg down. What exactly do you really do when there is no iRVR to zerg around in? Can it be so that you just dont know how fun a real proper group actually can be to play in? I have never really seen you in anything but.. zergs.

all you keep saying is `start playing like us`.

no thank you very much.

let other people run their perfected 8 man squads, let us do our thing.

Nate

FH is my second home
damn it stop writing essays guys :(

at the end of every post, can you make a summary..it'll take ages to get through all of this!

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
All 8v8ers and 1v1 players should go to agramon, there the none adding rule works nicely. Any group or soloer killed in anyway outside agramon wasnt there to get "fair" fights. No they where there to farm EASY realm points. As long as you and all others "so called FG/Soloers" keep going for the easy realm points instead of going to agramon to get some hard and fair fights you have NOTHING to complain about when the "easy rps" fight back with best possible way: Numbers.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Aqe said:
Your post was realy constructive and can possible make more people think of starting small guild groups however your idea with cooperate with another group is flawed. That would lead to the same result as it is atm abuse, flaming, name calling, you name it due the fact that they ran more than 1 fg. Even tho a 2vs1 fight would been more even and balanced fight.

Most people in the FG/Set group scene say they only play for fair fights. Why is it that those people dislike iRvR due the facts they attract more people into RvR areas in zergs. The FG can ALWAYS go agramon along with the other groups that run FG. The argument that as long as there is iRvR agramon is dead is just a proof that the FG rather go fight the zerg at the bridge than actualy go fight each others in agra.

Well if someone would hurl abuse after me ingame I would just report then for it, nobody has any right to abuse someone else ingame, doesnt really matter what it all is about and tbh, /ignore is an underestimated function. So nah, I dont really agree with you and I seriosly wouldnt mind if pugs ran 2FG since a pug cant compete with a proper guildgroup on its own. It gets silly when 2 good groups runs together though :)

And agramon tend to be empty some evenings, whether its iRVR or no iRVR. Its just how it is. And there arent so many set FGs running for that matter, some nights there is like, 2 of them out running :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom