How to fix Prydwen...

E

ev0_o

We've all seen the state prydwen is in atm, and how crap it is, and theres not much that can be done.... apart from whine :D only j/k :), Anyway, im sure youve thought about it, how to fix prydwen, so whack your ideas down ere, u never know, GOA might learn from it :)

My idea is to give /lvl30 to everyclass apart from stealthers, (that includes mincers), and therefore will bring the % of stealthers down to a decent ratio to rest of server. Now its your turn..

Z

zedorf luribomb

randomly dropping nuclear bombs on amg

O

old.mattshanes

Make each realm have a certain limit on each class and realm population.Will not happen now i know but that's what they should of done at start.

O

[Oo]Escape

Kill fotm groups...

RvR isn't so bad until you get zerged for whatever stupid reason. HW was ok last week but these past couple of days hibs/mids have been taking the piss. Run 1fg in HW only, you know it makes sense!

A

Aule Valar

doesn't need fixing imo
sure could do with stealters being balanced so theres a more equal poulation not just inf hordes, but thats hardly specific to prydwen

I

ilum

Need a diagnosis before I can prescribe a cure....dunno what you are referring to thats so "bad" about Prydwen...

I

ixnay

Remove high rr Pallies that /laugh at Sb's when running away :(

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Aule Valar
doesn't need fixing imo
sure could do with stealters being balanced so theres a more equal poulation not just inf hordes, but thats hardly specific to prydwen

it isnt just prydwen. the problem is prydwen doesnt have the overall population to cope with the number of stealthers.

The number of level 50 infiltraitors on prydwen is almost equal to that of level 50 shadowblades and nightshades combined.

compaired to Excal where SB numbers are almost equal with NS being half that of infils.

That and the fact there enough groups roaming emain on excal to keep the camping down a bit means stealthers arent that great a problem from what ive seen.

But when the number of stealthers in emain outnumbers the actual groups roaming then it is a serious problem for realm balance.

they should make gaining rp`s like xp ;p camp in one spot for too long and the rp`s drop drastically ;p ie half the rp`s per kill after camping a spot for 30 mins to an hour. would "force" stealthers to move around then.

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by ev0_o

My idea is to give /lvl30 to everyclass apart from stealthers, (that includes mincers), and therefore will bring the % of stealthers down to a decent ratio to rest of server. Now its your turn..

for some people its either playing a stealther or starting a level 30 char and getting ganked by fotm groups and 2 shotted by either a enchanter or a savage at 50...

so thats why they play a stealther

(and no i dont play a stealther, my minstrel cant stealth)

at least if i didnt have my guild i wouldnt care jackshit about /level 30 if i had a infil...

F

Farbaute

Maybe, just maybe this problem has something to do with buffbots. i dont know, just a wild guess.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by ixnay
Remove high rr Pallies that /laugh at Sb's when running away :(

Lol, who runs away from a shadowblade? xD

I

ixnay

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
Lol, who runs away from a shadowblade? xD

Na, when im running away (the Sb) ;p

As you said, who would run from an SB ;)

I

Indiana Jones

change cleric insta "pbaoe" mezz to aoe mezz

B

Blubbo

I have 2 suggs...Probby rly stupid..but complain all u want =)

1. Make stelth classes unable to grp with other stelthers.

2. We..the ppl that play on pryd, all agree on ever ever exept on RR's and keep takes run with more then 1fg.

I realice nr 2 is almost impossible to get working..since some ppl *cough* albs *cough* like to run in multiple grps. And they have no problem doing it since they have as much ppl as mids and hibs togheter. But still. would be very nice if it did work =)

All 3 servers have the option to create rly gankgrps of only 1 fg. and it would be alot of fun for these grps....and ever random and low RR grps would stand longer and maybe get a few kills...and grow stronger.

U can`t always win. Remember that when u die. Come back and try it again. And learn from ur mistakes. It's only a game =)

S

Sparda_soul

make it so groups can only have 1 of each class and give buffs a range

I

Indiana Jones

Originally posted by Blubbo
1. Make stelth classes unable to grp with other stelthers.

i can understand your anger towards stealth zergs... but what about PvE ?? stealthers already have a hard time xping (unless they are powerleveled ofcourse)
and the new ML will give us pickpocket or so (name might have changed) which gives a PvE grp more money from mobs

and what about Relic raids?

G

Glyph_mid

Buff on range is gonna suck for mids, end regen takes half the conc from the shaman already. So either they fix the old end regen, just still so its ranged as it is now, or keep the buff system as it is

I dont see anything wrong the with current rvr situation?, hibs are out, albs are out, mids are out

Stealthers only annoy me when it comes to gankgroup vs gankgroup, because 1 (usually 6 stealthers when rambo is around) can make a difference as both groups are high RR and knows what they are doing. Against random ppl, or lower rr gankgroups stealthers are just extra realmpoints to be gained

The problem with stealthers, is prolly when you are a stealther yourself, nothing to do with the general rvr situation

G

GrivneKelmorian

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
Run 1fg in HW only, you know it makes sense!

So the alb defenders, GoP ect, can run there 2fg up there and beat anything with ease.

C

civy

IMO the servers reluctance to zerging and the 1fg is god mentality is the cause of the stealth number problems on the server.

Just an impression, but, the majority of stealthers will have mains who have stood at a pk shouting LFG. Cabbies/wizards/arms/pallys/necros I’ve seen them all stood there wanting to play and unable to get a group.

Running out solo or in random (no cleric, no sorc…) groups is pointless. The gank group will run over you in seconds.

The other option is make a stealther. The is no class prejudice in the stealth war. If you can stealth you are in. It’s still possible to run solo as a stealther. Game time is spent actually playing the game instead of begging for a spot in a group that will be back porting in minutes of leaving a pk.

You want to cut down on the stealthers, you have to be more inclusive of non FOTM classes in regular rvr and yes, zerg if gank group are about.

C

casbardh_deroos

Hmm...please apologise if youve read this before, because its been posted elswhere, and im putting it here because its relevant....although you may not believe so immediately....

Let us go back to WWI......

A strange phenomenon called the "Empty Battlefield" came into existance.

If you stood up with a patrol...say 8 people a field within sight of the enemy you'd get Rifle fire, Machine guns, Artillery Ranging in on you. Then try and get away through the Barb Wire! You just couldnt do it, hence no mans land.

Youd be dead...and thats a whole load of no fun..so what do you do?

You dig trenches..and have as much fun as you can, which is surviving...key to enjoyment and your continued existance. It also gives you the intaitive..you choose when to pop up and attack (in WWI..very nasty for you).

See the link between setalthzergs?

It is immune to all Rifle fire (Arrows), Artillery (Anything that Nukes you to death), Barb Wire (Mez/stun/root) until IT wants to pop up out of its defence (stealth).

So in order to survive on the battlefield, people stealth so they can hold as many of the cards as possible and avoid the overpowerdness of the assist long range weapons train.

The battlefield is much emptier, and more deadly for smaller groups of non stealth-classes..the gank groups have seen t othat as well.

Stealthzergs can survive and win where many 8 person groups cant...survival and beating the other player is what a simulated battle is all about.

The way to sort RvR out? Give players something that makes the assist gank trains less effective and lets see some one on one combat! Less of this /assist /stick malarky.

(NOT one on one Wombat).

Otherwise zerging is the only way for the less well trained sort to defeat the FOTM groups.

Users who are viewing this thread