Prydwen RvR

C

caldor78

What the hell is up with this server?

The quality of the RvR of late is just so pathetic you want to cry.

Let me describe a regular day for you that don't understand what I'm talking about.

My group gathers at 18.00 and as a default we start out in Emain, we are most of the days one of the first midgard groups that set out for the evening.
If we're lucky we'll run across an occasional hib/alb mix group that just get run over (beeing a mix group and not a gg).
Done with the usual cleansweap of emain, we go past amg to check if the albs are up for round 2 (HIGHLY unlikely). Coming up on apk to check if there's any groups ready to move out, you find at least 2fg mix albs standing up there and PE starting to form their group.
As the evening continues we wager battle with PE as often we get the chance (We compete with 1-2 BO groups, 1 Everlast and 1 Maelstrom group), and also some fights with mix albs (these fights seem to almost have alot of Avalanche people in them and usually there's 2fg).
Checking back on apk during the evening there's ALWAYS at least 2fg visible up there that you NEVER see leave the pk. The only explanation I've heard so far is that the "normal" alb are afraid of our savages and our 4-5 guild groups.
Is it really that hard to make a group that can compete with the opposing in emain? If it is, why don't you just ZERG around with all you got.
I can't belive it's more fun for the albs standing at their pk then it is for us going there ever so often to check if you ever come out.

With the /level 30 for hibs there's a couple of new groups showing themselves out there (Flatline, Conquest, Celtic Fury) and I do hope that you decide to stay so we can have some nice 3 realm fights.

Ps. As I read this over I realize that this is really a whine post about albs not leaving apk in emain. What the hell is so damn interesting with your pk that you decide to stay there all night

A

Ardrias_Mid

L

Lochlyessa

The only explanation I've heard so far is that the "normal" alb are afraid of our savages and our 4-5 guild groups.
Is it really that hard to make a group that can compete with the opposing in emain?

- yes, try playing without asd or savages for a while, might help you see alb/hibs perspectives.

ps: this isn't a whine, even tho it prolly sounds like it, but having to use bof and moc to avoid losing to random groups, when you know 4-5 guild groups are around waiting to pounce on you once you're through with them.. kinna makes rvr.. not fun. And if's somethings not fun for me, then I seriously doubt it's fun for the less optimised and lower rr groups around. and let's face it.. if rvr's not fun, why bother doing it?

C

case-rigantis

Is it really that hard to make a group that can compete with the opposing in emain?

yes it is

maybe they don`t really want to zerg?

my guild group of
1 minstrel
2 clerics
1 sorc
2 mercs
1 pole armsman
1 paladin

ran into everlast and BO tonight now beleive it or not we`re pretty good at rvr <shock horror> and we die very fast to these types of groups even using BoF imagine what mixed alb groups have to put up with :(

C

caldor78

I'm so frustrated that I even forgot to add the statistics from duskwave in the original post.

Last week RP
Mid 24,078,010 (47%)
Alb 15,161,114 (30%)
Hib 11,751,543 (23%)

We have almost 50% of last weeks RP, can it be so hard to create competing RvR groups in alb/hib?

M

majkster

caldor go exp another dozens of lvl50 chars :)

Honestly grouptaunting albs at apk was the funniest part of todays 4 hour long rvr trip. Expect thoose 2-3 fights against PE

D

dumdidum

yep, its hard to compete against mid groups, too hard...

A

Aoln

You answered it all in you're first post.
Albs can't leave the pk because theres 4-5 savage/healer grps running around between amg>apk.

N

-Nxs-

Nerf BD
Nerf Savages
Nerf pac/healers

problem sorted..... ok yeah its not that simple, most people are to busy leveling their buffbot to be arsed with RvR

R

reebs

this makes it sucky for mids aswell. We are overpopulated while other realms (or atleast hibernia) has to few players.

give back beta tbh were you could have a 2x zerker and just pound ass all day long and no ra:s or SC :/

A

Anarki^^

My merc has 2300hp buffed, and i die in 4-5 secs to assisintg savages, even when being healed.......and i'm tank playing in balanced guild grp.
When we start wiping out mid support, savages just kill our tanks lol.
But afcourse its all balanced and fair :)

S

shanks

Originally posted by reebs
this makes it sucky for mids aswell. We are overpopulated while other realms (or atleast hibernia) has to few players.

Level 50's on Prydwen
Albion 2,186 (38%)
Hibernia 1,441 (25%)
Midgard 2,126 (37%)

But all the albs have quit and mids are simply more active then albs m8!?!1+11?!! Nib, U C:

Active Characters
Albion 4,483 (39%)
Hibernia 3,008 (26%)
Midgard 4,023 (35%)

Anyother theories based on common prejudice that were correct at retailstart you want shot down?

Basically, mundo TT and less chesthair from albs side. Atleast hibs are trying at the moment.

And for the record, savages do need the nerfbat up there arse. And also for the record, I have a level 50 savage so skip the bitter zerk nerfvictim crying over savages bit.

S

scarffs

In another thread Kalgarn said it all.
The big la-nerfbat has come around and now a lot of players who played sbs and zerkers rerolled healers and savages. Also lately the rvr guilds in midgard pop like mushrooms.

But i dontthink the answer to these problems is a savage nerf. Then zerkers or even warriors will take their place and it wont be much of a difference.

Edit : I have a 50 sav and I think they should be nerfed, but it wont solve the problem.
Also I feel that infils, mincers, chanters do need a nerf.

R

-redb-

Rvr from hib point of view atm.
Make uber balanced group.
Go to emain, wait..no, didnt even get to emain today, just passing crim thens.
Meet a fg of mids, start to kill them, get added on, get added on again...and..hm...get added on again.
Whine about the 4fg of high rr mids jumping around your dead body's, release, log.

The anoying thing is its not the random mids, if it was lowbi rr2/3/4/5 etc mids zerging it wouldnt bother me. But this is the ppl that make balanced groups and claim to run 1fg.
And they are just blatently zerging-
Mids atm are far worse than the pe/fl adds used to be.

:spin:

F

froler-mid

Odins was great today, 4fg hibs, 4fg albs, 1-2fg mids, loads too gank :D

edit: was 80mids in emain today at some point.... :(

L

leviathane

Originally posted by caldor78
I'm so frustrated that I even forgot to add the statistics from duskwave in the original post.

Last week RP
Mid 24,078,010 (47%)
Alb 15,161,114 (30%)
Hib 11,751,543 (23%)

We have almost 50% of last weeks RP, can it be so hard to create competing RvR groups in alb/hib?
are you fuckin oblivious to your realms over powered fotm groups or something or are you one of these newbs that believe this class is working as expected.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by scarffs

But i dontthink the answer to these problems is a savage nerf. Then zerkers or even warriors will take their place and it wont be much of a difference.

Edit : I have a 50 sav and I think they should be nerfed, but it wont solve the problem.

Yes they do, but have you been on the end of a lv50 buffbotted savage assist train everyday?it's not fun at all.(and some random mid don't reply with a merc assist train because it doesn't do insane damage like a savage train)

Infs need a nerf yes, but midgard on pryd really do underate warriors, why do they?oO

I have played midgard a year myself, if thanes/skalds/runies were boosted more then it would make midgard a lot better, at the moment some of the classes are below the standards of alb/hib but savage is very very over the top.Warrior is good as an armsman/hero, zerk is still good.(zerks can still hit as hard as mercs so....)

As for the rvr of the server, some people in alb having a break from pryd, myself included.I been playing alb pryd far too much probably one of the most in the realm and it's getting boring, have played mid for ages and i want to try hib now.Afterall you buy a game to get the most out of it don't you.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by -redb-
Rvr from hib point of view atm.
Make uber balanced group.
Go to emain, wait..no, didnt even get to emain today, just passing crim thens.
Meet a fg of mids, start to kill them, get added on, get added on again...and..hm...get added on again.
Whine about the 4fg of high rr mids jumping around your dead body's, release, log.

The anoying thing is its not the random mids, if it was lowbi rr2/3/4/5 etc mids zerging it wouldnt bother me. But this is the ppl that make balanced groups and claim to run 1fg.
And they are just blatently zerging-
Mids atm are far worse than the pe/fl adds used to be.

:spin:

That was because of the same reason mids are doing it, not much enemies i guess.

P

Puppetmistress

With the /level 30 for hibs there's a couple of new groups showing themselves out there (Flatline, Conquest, Celtic Fury) and I do hope that you decide to stay so we can have some nice 3 realm fights.

Celtic Fury already left Hib/Pryd AFAIK.

Prolly due to the same reason it aint fun playing Rocket Arena when you only got a gun.

R

-redb-

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
That was because of the same reason mids are doing it, not much enemies i guess.

Even less now then, cos you think ppl stay around after this naffness happens?

O

old.mattshanes

But most people i guess are bored of goa's slow patching really...

Though i didn't say they did stay because of it redb:p

S

stroopwafel

We have almost 50% of last weeks RP, can it be so hard to create competing RvR groups in alb/hib? [/B]

yes

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Yes they do, but have you been on the end of a lv50 buffbotted savage assist train everyday?it's not fun at all.(and some random mid don't reply with a merc assist train because it doesn't do insane damage like a savage train)
well used to be the same when mids got owned by pbaoe groups and alb caster groups.only a few groups could compete and then only when the other groups had their ra's down.
don't forget mid/prydwen was the last realm to run high rr gankgroups on regular base we just ended up doing it because it was the only solution.and now atm mid has the upperhand.big deal,if you can't take them with 1 fg zerg them then.instead of rolling assasin alts or moving to another realm.
and yes savages are overpowered and yes zerks are on par with mercs but how will an assisting mid zerk group compete against an alb group whit bof and sos?
the thruth is although mythic tries to balance the game they don't allways know how a certain change to a class will influence the whole realm balance and they keep messing up sadlly.
and people will allways make try to make the best possible setup for a group.and the realm who has the best setup will own the other realms.
p.s.:this wasen't adressed to you mats,just a general thought ;)

O

old.Sko

In another thread Kalgarn said it all.
The big la-nerfbat has come around and now a lot of players who played sbs and zerkers rerolled healers and savages. Also lately the rvr guilds in midgard pop like mushrooms.

It will, asd nerf + savage nerf will strike pretty hard. you will be surprised how many will quit over it or change realm.

V

vindicat0r

Yes Nerfing Savage's is the answer, They hit so Bloody hard AND Fast. It's not so bad when a Polearms hits you for 800 dmg in 6s but if a savage is doing that @ 1.5 sec ther's something Wrong.

Chanters Did get nerfed so you can be happy about that, Debuff's only last 8sec on the target but 15s for anybody else nuking ofc AND The debuff doesnt debuff to the full value it used to, it's only the Itam Resist's + Aom lvl < I may have reversed ur stat resist with Resist buff's I cant remeber but it's 1 or the other > Which means only half the debuff value :x.

Alb need's minstrel's and ther part of the core of an alb grp, a savage is NOT.

As for Warrior's, They are the Best Heavy Primary Tank in all of the realm's and Every Grp shud have 1 at least. Zerker's hit Just as hard as Merc's and yet they are dumped for savage's because they just are not uber enough :(.

If Mid's stopped Trying to just Form the best wtfpwn grp and dumping the same tank in the grp's ther might be a chance for hib/alb's because as it stand's now ...... If a Hib/alb grp beat's a Fotm Savage grp Then the mid players are really shit because with ASD and Savage's + Shammy pbae 7 sec diease They are unbeatable.

Question that all You like, Even 1 of the highest healer's on Mid and organiser of such grps from when they became 'fotm' said so him-self, Read the link Atrox posted. Shameful, They ask for a nerf and say it's 2 easy but just keep on farming ther Rp's. They will farm RR10 Think they wer Elite and move game OR just form the nexy Fotm grp that mythic over look for 6 month's. Such is the game we play.

Now is the Winter of Albion's and hibernia's Mis-contempt. Nerf That shit :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom