Seems prydwen rvr is about to die...

E

evinacryonme

The question is, this should concern us the players, who pay to play, or Mythic?
I don't care why RvR is dead or about to die, I didnt take my bum out to Emain for quite a long time, with none of my chars, stoped to go DF too. Why? No more fun in it. Has nothing to do with relics or enemy groups / bbs / classes etc. It is about Alb realm who sucks big time. Maybe I suck bigtime at playing a minstrel in RvR. Maybe I dont get a group because I dont want to wear a SC. But RvR is realm VS realm, not fotm group VS fotm group. Did this happen to you too: Dont stick to my group, I dont want to get whines on BW / IRC that we where more than FG when we killed them, We dont have time to rezz you and cant because cleric needs pow for our group, Sorry you cant join our group because you dont have SC equip, or no you cant join because you didnt specced your char the FOTM way, etc etc etc. I am feed up by all this, and stoped playing my main char Evina, briton minstrel, RR5 atm due to this. Yes I am a single person, you dont even care if I get my butt in emain anymore or no. But I am sure is not just me. There are others who feel and did same like me. Everybody is making fotm groups to wtfpwn. More than half of the classes available in this game don't get a group in RvR. Which is sad.
Hib realm is under populated. Alb RvR = PE or FL groups.
At this point many of albs dont really care who has the relics, if mids or hibs take a keep or such. And I am sure hibs share this too. ATM Thid RvR >>> Emain RvR. Yes there you can get a group no matter what class you play. You are not bothered by SC resists and such. In Thid are more fun and bigger fights than in RvR.

R

Roo Stercogburn

You don't actually talk to many of your realm buddies do you Evina?

Albs visited Mid last weekend for some raids, prime time too.

This doesn't happen if you don't have people that care about taking the hassle of organising the big stuff.

Stop pissing on your own team and get out there and play.

M

mincepie

LOL how many different threads ont the same theme are we going to get. Theres fun out there you just have to know where to find it. If you hate getting zerged by so called "FOTM" groups dont go where you know they will be. I have to admit I was a bit pissed off last night after the relics were lost (hats off to mids, awesome job) but the more I thought about it the more I'm determined to go out and do well (with my FOTM Minstrel :eek: ).

I understand your point about being shunned from groups for not meeting to thier requirements, I've found exactly the same but nothing you can do about that. I've always followed the templates to make sure my character is specced exactly as a group expects you to spec but its got me nowhere. SoS for me is a waste of 10 points. Usually used so that you can run away from a SB or NS whos about to pwn you and die behind a tree from their poison :D :D

L

liste

You don't actually talk to many of your realm buddies do you Evina?

Albs visited Mid last weekend for some raids, prime time too.

This doesn't happen if you don't have people that care about taking the hassle of organising the big stuff.

Stop pissing on your own team and get out there and play.

Lets kidnap Roo! would be nice to have a positive person on this side of the fence :D

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by evinacryonme
Maybe I suck bigtime at playing a minstrel in RvR. Maybe I dont get a group because I dont want to wear a SC

i believe you have found the point needed

S

stroopwafel

At this point many of albs dont really care who has the relics, if mids or hibs take a keep or such. And I am sure hibs share this too.

yup, only 2 RRs in the past week
we're only fux0red with the zergs in emain who take a keep when they're bored :(

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Re: Re: Seems prydwen rvr is about to die...

Why don't people make an effort get at least get partial SC gear - SC'n was Mythics attempt at extending RvR encounters. You don't need a full MP suit with 5 point OC, if you're a casual player you can just replace parts of Epic with 99 gear to boost the most essential stats - it prolongs your life in RvR.

I play a Regrowth Druid and absolutly hate being in a group with somebody in Epic. Not because they're a bad player, but because they are so much harder to keep alive. It's absolutly no fun being in a team when your team mates don't take measures to help you keep them alive.

G

Garrote Noire

And how long can you keep alive a SCed sorc pls?

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Garrote Noire
And how long can you keep alive a SCed sorc pls?
About the same amount of time as a Bard with a melee train on them (not long), but it's a game of small increments were every little difference helps.

G

Garrote Noire

Still, no wizards in SC are taken in groups, neither infs, scouts or reavers / friars.
Or mids take warriors / thanes over savagers? Or rms hunters?
Is same thing over all. FOTM or not FOTM.

M

Maleg_Grumpton

Originally posted by Garrote Noire
Still, no wizards in SC are taken in groups, neither infs, scouts or reavers / friars.
Or mids take warriors / thanes over savagers? Or rms hunters?
Is same thing over all. FOTM or not FOTM.
Well if people insist on running FG vs FG then a group is at a distinct disadvantage if they don't take FoTM classes (i.e Det Tanks).

If you run as a larger army you don't have to use FoTM classes. You still need to run balanced groups i.e. mixture of support and damage.

D

d34k

End game RvR is getting competitive and challenging, even difficult. The good players are learning skills and tactics that casual players cannot hope to compete against. It happens in all games as they mature.

I can compare this to my past as an avid MW4 player. There was a time when people could (and would) just turn up for a league match in whatever mech they wanted. As the game aged advanced tactics and winning combinations of mech were developed. People actually learnt how to stack as many of the mechanics of the game in their favour as possible. If you didn't adapt and learn you got your arse kicked.

The casual RvR players will never understand this fully, but the l33t players really are playing a different game. You can't blame the l33t players for wanting to win and you can't expect them to pull punches and give you a chance when you meet them in RvR.

I think it's really disappointing to see the defeatist attitude of Albion players on this forum. Time for a change of leadership over there I think.

And, no, savages are not to blame.

K

Kharok Svark

Re: Re: Re: Seems prydwen rvr is about to die...

Originally posted by Maleg_Grumpton
Why don't people make an effort get at least get partial SC gear - SC'n was Mythics attempt at extending RvR encounters. You don't need a full MP suit with 5 point OC, if you're a casual player you can just replace parts of Epic with 99 gear to boost the most essential stats - it prolongs your life in RvR.

Well put.

I wear an Epic Hauberk, for the same reason I wear a non-hooded cloak and Crown - Style !

However, I have hunted alot of specific drops / quests etc ... and have SC'd other armour parts to cap near enough all stats.

I do wish SC'ers could make my axes glow though :(

O

old.linnet

I think what Alb needs at this point is to be less snooty about 'the zerg' - it's not possible to compete 1fg v 1fg with Mids at the moment unless you have much higher RR. So need to do RvR in other ways is all.

2-3fg fights are a lot more fun for casters, also.

C

case-rigantis

there`s many good reasons not to go to emain and you`ve managed to name most of them :)

why not go HW or odins? why not go cruachan or uppland?

why not help retake alb keeps or arrange to take a mid or hib keep?

the RvR guilds are playing a different game to everyone else i say let them get on with it

S

Sharma

Evina let my introduce you to me good friend, the Paragraph.

O

old.Spug

You want Roo? are you mad?

ok, ok, tell you what, we'll bind him and dangle him from the MG in odins, if you can get to him before the Midgards Spiritmaster Association splits him open with their staves, he's all yours...

G

ghoul

TRY HITTING 'ENTER' FOR ONCE YOU RETARD! :|||

yuo aer teh suackcc :-((

now stop giving me brainfungus with your shitty english

F

Farnis

Originally posted by ghoul
TRY HITTING 'ENTER' FOR ONCE YOU RETARD! :|||

yuo aer teh suackcc :-((

now stop giving me brainfungus with your shitty english

lol - you sound angry today :)

Heres a picture of a monkey to cheer you up

monkeyprincipal.jpg

L

liste

a particularly square monkey, with a red cross on it too

F

Farnis

thats my fat homer simpson fingers at work :)

[edit] fixed!

D

Damon_D

The question is, this should concern us the players, who pay to play, or Mythic?
I don't care why RvR is dead or about to die bla bla bla bla

Why dont you go play with some lego ?

D

DaggerElivager

I don't care why RvR is dead or about to die, I didnt take my bum out to Emain for quite a long time, with none of my chars, stoped to go DF too. Why? No more fun in it. Has nothing to do with relics or enemy groups / bbs / classes etc. It is about Alb realm who sucks big time. Maybe I suck bigtime at playing a minstrel in RvR. Maybe I dont get a group because I dont want to wear a SC. But RvR is realm VS realm, not fotm group VS fotm group. Did this happen to you too: Dont stick to my group, I dont want to get whines on BW / IRC that we where more than FG when we killed them, We dont have time to rezz you and cant because cleric needs pow for our group, Sorry you cant join our group because you dont have SC equip, or no you cant join because you didnt specced your char the FOTM way, etc etc etc. I am feed up by all this, and stoped playing my main char Evina, briton minstrel, RR5 atm due to this. Yes I am a single person, you dont even care if I get my butt in emain anymore or no. But I am sure is not just me. There are others who feel and did same like me. Everybody is making fotm groups to wtfpwn. More than half of the classes available in this game don't get a group in RvR. Which is sad.
Hib realm is under populated. Alb RvR = PE or FL groups.
At this point many of albs dont really care who has the relics, if mids or hibs take a keep or such. And I am sure hibs share this too. ATM Thid RvR >>> Emain RvR. Yes there you can get a group no matter what class you play. You are not bothered by SC resists and such. In Thid are more fun and bigger fights than in RvR.

evina...do you know about enter and paragraphs. Would make it a whole lot easier for us to make sens of your whines...or at least try and make some sense of that

D

Derric

Re: Re: Seems prydwen rvr is about to die...

Originally posted by Damon_D
Why dont you go play with some lego ?

I used to rock at building stuff with lego,big cities,robots and stuff!

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by d34k

I can compare this to my past as an avid MW4 player. There was a time when people could (and would) just turn up for a league match in whatever mech they wanted. As the game aged advanced tactics and winning combinations of mech were developed. People actually learnt how to stack as many of the mechanics of the game in their favour as possible. If you didn't adapt and learn you got your arse kicked.

well it is not rocket science - daishi for assault, mad cat for heavy, uziel for med, couguar for light. gauss/llas combos > all.
and assist 4 teh win ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom