How to fix Prydwen...

B

Blubbo

Well..Since I ain`t a stelther...I won`t speak of how it is as a stelthers eighter.

But what I can say, is that I might be bored..and have little to do..so I take my lv 50 thane...RR3..not IP yet..no purge..so he is still just a baby. But since he is a thane he is pretty good to play solo. (and shut up about thanes are gimped, meet one solo and u shal die)

And thats my prob, I run into say Emain, I don`t even make it to mmg, and I`m overruned by 4 infils, 2 scouts and 1-2 minis.

In that circumstanse...I as the albs would say. "hey. let me try him solo. don`t interfer" And they would try to kill him. I mean, What is the purpose of the game if not beeing good at it. And 1fg stelthers agains 1 thane ain`t beeing good. it`s beeing lame and rp horny.

Running 1fg "non stelthers" and meeting a lone thane..(or other class) I understand if all jump me. Cause they don`t wanna stop and stay there like 2 mins to let someone try and solo kill me. Cause then they will be jumped by other fg's.....but stelthers don`t have that problem.

D

dimerian

Originally posted by GrivneKelmorian
So the alb defenders, GoP ect, can run there 2fg up there and beat anything with ease.

Remember,their just roleplaying :m00:

O

old.linnet

Cas, the difference is that soldiers didn't play WW1 to have fun :) In my guild, I see many of the stealth alts come out when we don't have a guild group going but they want to RvR. So for a lot of people, it's a better option than a pickup but less than a solid guild group (if we are typical). You will never make pickup groups as fun as they used to be...

Anyway, I have seen lower RR groups zerg up to get rid of the gankers more readily recently, then once that is done, they split off again. I think we are accepting that it is a better option than being rolled the whole time.

It would be nice to take a reasonable but non optimised group (I mean guild/ alliance group with speed, healing , cc etc) out in prime time and get some good fights, and often you still can. That's been my experience. Some nights, the zerg is out or the gankers are out so you have to be more flexible with how you react to that. Nothing about this is especially dire.

With the large number of new RvR guilds & end of Unity, communication between groups is going to become more of an issue. I'd like to see fixed chats for Odins/ Emain/ Hadrians to help the non-uber-gank-squads organise when they need to.

M

Maeloch

Well for me at least things seem to have improved abit in the last month or two...for a while it seemed no-one who wasn't in a gank grp cba to go into the frontier anymore except for keep takes, and all 3 zones were full of savage/healers.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Healers are Midgard's primary healing class and we only have 2 classes actually capable of healing. Still can't understand why people moan about so many healers in the frontier.

Not our fault if Albs can't find anyone who actually wants to play a healing class ;)

O

ormorof

solution to prydwens so called "dying" rvr would be to get rid of the opted group

the opted group complains about zergs.... people zerg because they cant run in opted groups so they run in 2fg+ to compete with guilds like BO, PE and NP or whatever.

they complain about stealther adds.... people roll stealthers to avoid being steamrolled by these opted groups when they run around with their "visible" characters whether solo or randomly grouped.

so imo this 1fg attitude is the cause of all evil! :D

anyway, killing 1fg with 4fg isnt fun, but a 4fg vs 4fg battle is damn good fun, especcialy if it ends up 4fg vs 4 fg vs 4fg of enemy realm, much more fun than 1fg vs 1fg encounters :)

G

Glyph_mid

Originally posted by ormorof

anyway, killing 1fg with 4fg isnt fun, but a 4fg vs 4fg battle is damn good fun, especcialy if it ends up 4fg vs 4 fg vs 4fg of enemy realm, much more fun than 1fg vs 1fg encounters :)

Its a matter of taste tbh....most fun is killing 4fg with 1fg xD

O

ormorof

Originally posted by Glyph_mid
Its a matter of taste tbh....most fun is killing 4fg with 1fg xD

i dont think so since it kinda points out how much worse off they are :p

C

casbardh_deroos

Originally posted by old.linnet
Cas, the difference is that soldiers didn't play WW1 to have fun :)

Aye they had to live and die it :(

F

froler-mid

was like 100 albs and 60hibs in HW yesterday, great fun :D

H

Huntingtons

i have a dream... (of no savages... and naked dwarfs :( ) and... 2-3 fg running together all the time... was going to purpose it on alb forums... but here it goes... we could lower stealthers if albs ran in 2 fg's and zerging mids... for a change :(

I

ilum

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Healers are Midgard's primary healing class and we only have 2 classes actually capable of healing. Still can't understand why people moan about so many healers in the frontier.

Not our fault if Albs can't find anyone who actually wants to play a healing class ;)

Alb has 1 class actually capable of healing, and we can only fit 2 of them into our grps :( problem isnt lack of cleric, its lack of extra utility on the cleric bar healing/buffs to make it viable enough to take up more than 2 spots in a grp :) (not that i would want that, diversity in classes in a group is fun anyway)

I

ilum

Originally posted by ixnay
Remove high rr Pallies that /laugh at Sb's when running away :(

I was laughing cause I saw Sentient coming running up tp mezz you so I thought you were fooked ;p But then I kinda realize that it wasn't Sentient, it was his lag ghost :(

O

ormorof

Originally posted by Huntingtons
we could lower stealthers if albs ran in 2 fg's and zerging mids... for a change :(

for a change? :p

had a nice fight near beno the other day with loads of albs and mids (but i had a pet on me the whole time :( )

some hibs came too but they kinda died :p

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Huntingtons
i have a dream... (of no savages... and naked dwarfs :( ) and... 2-3 fg running together all the time... was going to purpose it on alb forums... but here it goes... we could lower stealthers if albs ran in 2 fg's and zerging mids... for a change :(

lmao

With the exception of relic raids, I can't remember a time in recent months where I hit the frontier and wasn't greatly outnumbered by Albs the moment I got onto the frontier and even in the case of relic raids we were quickly outnumbered by Albs.

Only way to get rid of the stealth zergs is to work out a seeker-killer group-combo that makes them inefective. Or wait for ToA.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by civy
IMO the servers reluctance to zerging and the 1fg is god mentality is the cause of the stealth number problems on the server.

Just an impression, but, the majority of stealthers will have mains who have stood at a pk shouting LFG. Cabbies/wizards/arms/pallys/necros I’ve seen them all stood there wanting to play and unable to get a group.

Running out solo or in random (no cleric, no sorc…) groups is pointless. The gank group will run over you in seconds.

The other option is make a stealther. The is no class prejudice in the stealth war. If you can stealth you are in. It’s still possible to run solo as a stealther. Game time is spent actually playing the game instead of begging for a spot in a group that will be back porting in minutes of leaving a pk.

You want to cut down on the stealthers, you have to be more inclusive of non FOTM classes in regular rvr and yes, zerg if gank group are about.
Originally posted by ormorof
so imo this 1fg attitude is the cause of all evil! :D

B

bone_idle

I think ToA fixes stealthers when you get the correct ML. I'm talking Prescience Node.

Its the first thing i'm aiming to get with Animist. Or the cloud ML that lets me put dd clouds around that'll probably destealth stealthers.

L

lillagullan

1: fix lagbugs (not fun when 90% use em atm)
2: fix the rp stupid fucking idiot shit (looking at people getting their grp to get hurted by mobs etc before enter rvr zone) not fun when a GG wins over another GG and get totaly of 8rp
3: agree on the amg nuking, sound gr8! :)
4: have more fun, bring back alb/mid casters to rvr
5: fix the graphic engine so everyone can fight a Relic Raid with more than 0-1fps

O

[Oo]Escape

What Civy said above is all that needs to be said about opted-groups and the stealther side-effect.

Originally posted by GrivneKelmorian
So the alb defenders, GoP ect, can run there 2fg up there and beat anything with ease.

If you see 2fg GoP running together, take a screenshot pls. It's something I'd like to see.

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape

If you see 2fg GoP running together, take a screenshot pls. It's something I'd like to see.

:D

T

Tesla Monkor

IMO the servers reluctance to zerging and the 1fg is god mentality is the cause of the stealth number problems on the server.

Amen to that. People seem to think that running in 1fg is what is 'good', 'needed', and 'the way it should be'.

RvR is meant to be zergs. True, the server will most likely not be too happy with it, but running in small balanced groups unbalances RvR - and that is really mythic's fault. But it's people who abuse it.

I

ironhand

You want to cut down on the stealthers, you have to be more inclusive of non FOTM classes in regular rvr and yes, zerg if gank group are about.

That will never happen because ppl wouldnt want to be at the slightest disadvantage VS other realms gank grps, thus the cycle continues RvR degrades more to the to extremes with no middle ground. Form opted grps OR play in stealth wars, the third option retire and become a cow chewing grass 12hrs a day.

A

araudry

still have pve in daoc not only rvr and with pala i like more pve than rvr... a lot more fun to play my infil for rvr ;x

S

Shike

/shrugs

It has gotten alot better lately tbh so cant really complain. Was far worse 4 months ago.

O

old.tuppe

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
Kill fotm groups...

RvR isn't so bad until you get zerged for whatever stupid reason. HW was ok last week but these past couple of days hibs/mids have been taking the piss. Run 1fg in HW only, you know it makes sense!

not bad idea but dont come same time whit ~5fg + st zerg to odin.
insane when sometimes "run" there whit hunter and read reports, ~10 hib st camping amgo
~3fg albs leave apko
~2fg more leave apko
~2fg hibs leave hmgo
albs arrive hmgo
hib/albs fighting
hibs wiped
albs doing /rude /victory etc etc etc

A

araudry

Originally posted by old.tuppe

albs arrive hmgo
hib/albs fighting