Games Dragon Age Origins WTF <drools>

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thing is that i'm not so interested in this type of game, so it might be a buy&try&disregard.

That's why i was thinking about just playing it after the bro is done with it.

And that's why i'm wondering that if i do like it on the box, is the PC version then worth the buy, compared to just playing it through on the box.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
its a pc game thats ported for the console.

there are things that are worse on the consoles - you dont get massive fights, you get fights where people come at you in waves. you dont get puzzles, because they were found to be too hard for console kids. the game looks worse. i have no idea how you can micromanage your people on the console - near endgame i was using like 20 spells and abilities on my mages in battle, how the hell are you gonna do that on console?

i think i heard also that the console versions dont support programming tactics to your party members either. get the pc one mate

No issometric point&click view neither :ninja:

And with the xbox version you will miss the gazzillion of mods that the fans will do. Some are already under development

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I am finding this quite hard, might have to tweak the difficulty. The early fights seem quite unbalanced, and you have to start thinking tactics from the off. Guess I need to spend more time learning what everything does. Good fun though. Thinking a warrior would have been easier as a first character than a rouge though!

Helme

Resident Freddy
Yes but they are dumbed down, take for example the bridge puzzle - on PC you have to switch people aroun constantly to get across on consoles the pieces stay locked as soon as they get solid.

edit: I was under the impression it's already out on the PS3? in my opinion if you can get it on PC - get it on PC, there's simply put no real reason to get it on a console if you have a choice. It's a ported version of a game that was PC exclusive for 5 years and only in the last 6 months has it been adapted for consoles.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Not true. There are also puzzles in the 360 version.

i remember reading that at least one puzzle was changed to be easier to manage on the console versions.
as i am mistaken on two accounts, i wonder if i remember them from some pre-release preview, and they changed it later.

still, no toolset and worse looking, as well as better controls, win for the pc anyhow.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
not played it much so far, but loving what i've done. started as an elf mage, and it's been a great story. Also runs amazingly on my shit laptop, with the gfx turned down, but still looks really good.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes but they are dumbed down, take for example the bridge puzzle - on PC you have to switch people aroun constantly to get across on consoles the pieces stay locked as soon as they get solid.

edit: I was under the impression it's already out on the PS3? in my opinion if you can get it on PC - get it on PC, there's simply put no real reason to get it on a console if you have a choice. It's a ported version of a game that was PC exclusive for 5 years and only in the last 6 months has it been adapted for consoles.

Agree, also there will be all the player made content that will come out over the next couple of years. Some people put a lot of work into it and come up with professional standard results. I imagine there will be a lot of "naked females lol" mods but there will also be stacks of real content too.

Killswitch

FH is my second home

I agree in principle, but I currently live in a shoebox and don't have a PC, just this crappy laptop. Until I have some money, I think PS3 is the only way to go :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
So, I'll ask here since I see a few people have finished it here. It's a quest, Unbound I think the name of it is. I've understood that im supposed to get 3 scrolls, 1 from Haven temple (this I have), one from Werewolf lair and one from an NPC when you have the 2 other.

Anyone found the scroll in the Werewolf lair? Where is it?!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone found the scroll in the Werewolf lair? Where is it?!

the room with all the fire traps and skeleton archers. hes called 'unlucky adventurer' or something like that

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Do I look like an heretic if I say that Im becoming a bit bored of the game towards the end of it?? :p

Got exactly the same feeling with The Witcher: from "OMG OMG OMG OMG" slowly to "gotta finish the game one of this days and see the ending" :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I must admit I cheated on that bridge section, I have a terrible short term memory and was getting pretty fed up with it. Ended up watching a youtube vid of it.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i wrote it up and solved on a torn piece of paper. later when my roommate was playing it was like something out of indiana jones, where he was using the elders notes to complete a religious puzzle!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Anyone got any tips for Redcliffe fighting the undead? I have got everyone I can into the militia, including the barkeeper lloyd and the elven spy. The first section defending with the knights is easy, the 2nd section I just cannot do. The militia always die too quickly and then I am swarmed by the undead. Don't really want to lower the difficulty.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Anyone got any tips for Redcliffe fighting the undead? I have got everyone I can into the militia, including the barkeeper lloyd and the elven spy. The first section defending with the knights is easy, the 2nd section I just cannot do. The militia always die too quickly and then I am swarmed by the undead. Don't really want to lower the difficulty.
Mage with Mind Blast, Cone of Cold etc. CC helps alot.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Mage with Mind Blast, Cone of Cold etc. CC helps alot.

i actually had a easier time with rogue/golem tank/healer/shield tank than i did with my mage heavy group. didnt lose even a single villager!

but if the chantry entrance falls you can fall back up the hill to the knights - thats what i did in my first game.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Undead?

633610782862528897-fireball.jpg

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I just wtf aoe pew pew them to death even killing militia guys with friendly fire.

Fireball
Cones of fire/cold/electro
Earthquake with the healer old fart
Lyrium
Rinse & repeat

Put tanks in the slope to intercept aggro incomers. Wont save the villagers but will get the job done as good as anything

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
i actually had a easier time with rogue/golem tank/healer/shield tank than i did with my mage heavy group. didnt lose even a single villager!

but if the chantry entrance falls you can fall back up the hill to the knights - thats what i did in my first game.
Me 2h warrior, Shale, Alistar shield warrior, Morrigan. Would not say that is a mage heavy group :p Just make sure you got pots and have your chars tactic to use healthpot at 50%. They tended to die if they use them at 25% :p. And you can set it up so they use all different kinds of health pots if you like at different %. Have my tanks use lesser at 75%, normal at 50%, greater at 25%. But not on my 2nd playthru, mage spirithealer/arcane warrior. Way better tank than a full shield spec warrior.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
i wrote it up and solved on a torn piece of paper. later when my roommate was playing it was like something out of indiana jones, where he was using the elders notes to complete a religious puzzle!

I wish there'd been more puzzles like that, I quite enjoy games where you've got to have a scrap of paper on hand to figure things out :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I wish there'd been more puzzles like that, I quite enjoy games where you've got to have a scrap of paper on hand to figure things out :)
Aye a bit miffed there was only one puzzle.

When i did the Anvil quest and got to the room with the rotating stone head. I thought cool another puzzle. Yeah right kill one of the spirits, use anvil that lights up, rinse and repeat 7 more times

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Has anyone else got this rather annoying bug with Shale?

Basicly, he worked fine for a while, just like any other normal party member. Then suddenly after starting up the game one day, i notice how his tactic options are borked.

What's even worse is that I can no longer initiate dialouge with him without the game bugging out, thinking i still need to activate him with the rod and sending me and Shale into some little pocket dimension with no escape.

Really, really annoying, and I haven't found any solution on the Bioware boards either. :( I tried reinstalling all the BLC content but to no avail.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH

Basicly, he worked fine for a while, just like any other normal party member. Then suddenly after starting up the game one day, i notice how his tactic options are borked.

What's even worse is that I can no longer initiate dialouge with him without the game bugging out, thinking i still need to activate him with the rod and sending me and Shale into some little pocket dimension with no escape.

Really, really annoying, and I haven't found any solution on the Bioware boards either. :( I tried reinstalling all the BLC content but to no avail.
Have you been using the toolset? The game does funny things if you do that and don't delete/rename the Single Player folder in \Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\modules.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH

Yeah i had that exact same bug on my last play through, not modded the game at all and it's the steam version so it should be up to date.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Have you been using the toolset? The game does funny things if you do that and don't delete/rename the Single Player folder in \Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\modules.

I haven't used the toolset, or even DL:ed/installed it as far as I know. :p

I did read somewhere though that some people have had problems when having the game installed on another hard drive/partition than the one that the /My Documents folder is located at? Maybe that could be it then? Meh, I don't want to have to reinstall the game on my Windows drive. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom