Games Dragon Age Origins WTF <drools>

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
on my first playthrough thats what happened at nearly every boss fight. i was microing my whole party pretty much all the time, but in the end still the only one left standing was my dwarf berserker. who always totally owned the boss.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ugh stayed up a lil too late playing o0

Corran

Part of the furniture
ugh stayed up a lil too late playing o0

i not been able to sleep recently and been in bed playing laptop game of it till like 5am. lol.

I just got out of bed after laying there for 3hrs unable to sleep and done my qualifying for my racing management game. Now dont know if i should stay up all night or try to get 5hrs sleep before doing my chores tomorrow (picking up medication, shopping, coming home and collapsing in pain )

Last night I was playing Dragon Age Journeys (the flash game they released) to unlock the 3 extra items you can get from that. Took a couple hours to do it all whilst half awake but was nice to get it done :D

pikeh

Resident Freddy
still loving the game, around 30 odd hours played and 30% done, so much to do!

do you guys reckon the toolset will allow creators to make custom character packs like they did in NWN2? If i had one critiscism about the game, it would be the character creation process is a little linear, and seems a bit shallow for the scope of the rest of the game.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Planning on pulling an all nighter when I get back from the pub.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I don't know if its the hackneyed Elf/Dwarf/Mage/Warrior rpg setting but I don't enjoy this anywhere near as much as previous BioWare games. Still attempting to get through it to see the story unfold but I'm finding Modern Warfare 2 to be much more enjoyable in the gameplay stakes.

TdC

i not been able to sleep recently and been in bed playing laptop game of it till like 5am. lol.
ooo there's a flash game? haha good bye life indeed!

do you guys reckon the toolset will allow creators to make custom character packs like they did in NWN2? If i had one critiscism about the game, it would be the character creation process is a little linear, and seems a bit shallow for the scope of the rest of the game.
tbh I'd love that. I loved it in NWN too :)

Planning on pulling an all nighter when I get back from the pub.
good man!

I don't know if its the hackneyed Elf/Dwarf/Mage/Warrior rpg setting but I don't enjoy this anywhere near as much as previous BioWare games. Still attempting to get through it to see the story unfold but I'm finding Modern Warfare 2 to be much more enjoyable in the gameplay stakes.
hmm it is a bit old in that respect tbh. Still, as long as I am still finding new kit then it's all good.

how the heck do you repair someone with a wound btw? my Alistair's gone and got himself a cracked skull :/

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
yeah, or use the spirit healer ability that heals nearby allies and cures injuries

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gah women, why can't you just have two love interests? Damn silly game making you choose :eek:

Corran

Part of the furniture
lol aye.. i dont talk to my women at the moment even though means im missing out on stuff because Im at the point of the bitch fest between the two of them and needing to pick.

The only good thing i got is i built up a massive supply of gifts, and i got their personal missions to do. So may break it off with Morrigan just to get with Leilana as I need that achievement still and as it on my "good" character missus Chantry be the best to pick.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Finished my first run through and now starting a second with the Human noble/rogue background. Must say I like the backstory better than the mage one. Hopefully I'll be able to get some romance going with Liliana this time, just couldn't work out how to move to the next level ... she sang me a nice song though :S

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just give them all the gifts you find.

Playing a rogue/duelist now. Though I wonder why I bother as mages are so insanely powerful. Have one cast that oil slick thingy while another casts inferno, chuck in a couple of aoe stuns and its game over more most packs of mobs. By the time they reach your party they are usually on 10% or so, melee are only there to mop up.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Just give them all the gifts you find.

Playing a rogue/duelist now. Though I wonder why I bother as mages are so insanely powerful. Have one cast that oil slick thingy while another casts inferno, chuck in a couple of aoe stuns and its game over more most packs of mobs. By the time they reach your party they are usually on 10% or so, melee are only there to mop up.

Or Blizzard+Tempest+AoE Inmunity Debuff...

STORM OF THE MILLENIUM!!!

PS: problem is the massive aoe radius increase that gets my own party killed :p

TdC

well this game is certainly eating my life o0

Lethul

FH is my second home
Or Blizzard+Tempest+AoE Inmunity Debuff...

STORM OF THE MILLENIUM!!!

PS: problem is the massive aoe radius increase that gets my own party killed :p

Blizzard + tempest + spell might is the correct trigger for it :p
And its called Storm of the Century!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Trying to kill the dragon in Haven for Wade's Dragon Armour and getting my arse kicked. May need to level Morrigan up a bit more to have rezz on her as well as the granny. Team I'm using is Main - 2H Warrior, Granny Spirit Mage, Morrigan with healing spec and Shale due to immune to pick up All L14.

Anyone else found a successful was of doing this dragon? Do I just need to level up some more?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Trying to kill the dragon in Haven for Wade's Dragon Armour and getting my arse kicked. May need to level Morrigan up a bit more to have rezz on her as well as the granny. Team I'm using is Main - 2H Warrior, Granny Spirit Mage, Morrigan with healing spec and Shale due to immune to pick up All L14.

Anyone else found a successful was of doing this dragon? Do I just need to level up some more?
i liked using archers vs large boss mobs. staying far away from all the spells/damage they put out and just plinking them with arrows comes out to pretty nice total damage

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
New addon for thoose who have missed it. Dragon Age Origins - Addon

return to Ostagar. Ahh seems not availble yet.

Sweet! Although if the pic of the Kings armour is right where is the 2H sword he sported in the vids, I want the 2H now!
returntoostagar.png

Lethul

FH is my second home

i did it at level 11 with

Shield warrior
Archer
Mage (heals)
Mage (heals)

Was really quite simple. I think a big part that "unbalances" this game is that 2h warriors seems quite gimped. I would never play without Alistair in my group (just as i never pick Sten/Oghren). Don't have Shale. Archers seems really good dps against dragons aswell since you can just back off and the archer won't drain any mana for heals while a fully tank specced shielder takes the beating and you can focus heals on him.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I beat that Dragon by sheer luck, I am a warrior and had Alistair, Shale and Wynne with me, Wynnes healing spells were brilliant with Shale and Alistair doing the most damage as I ran around the dragon keeping its attention and striking when it went to attack Alistair/Shale took about 5mins but he eventually went down with the cool action sequence my player did, jumping all over him.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
I did both dragons with:
Shale (tank)
Wynne (heals)
Leliana (archer)
My backstabber rogue

Stocked up to 100 lyrium pots so wynne would never go oom and then i just kicked the dragons ass. In fact i completed most of the game with that party, after killing the broodmother though i figured it was way too easy on normal, so now i play on hard and it's more fun that way :D

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Blizzard + tempest + spell might is the correct trigger for it :p
And its called Storm of the Century!

Ah! Spell might the sustained buff?

Thats why yesterday I was failing to cast it w/o the sustained buff active :p

Oh! Add the aoedebuff for more pwn!

Helme

Resident Freddy
I did the dragon with Morrigan(no heals at all) my Rogue(using bow) Leliana(using bow) & Alistair tanking.

The main thing I did was misdirection hex on the dragon and having Alistair taunt then getting Forcefielded. Sometimes I could get Crushing Prison to work which allowed my Rogue to backstab abit but else it was just a long fight with 0 risk.

I did it on hard aswell btw if that makes any difference.

TdC

anyone get their chars stuck in a weapon switch loop? I input a tactic for switching to ranged weaps if target was >medium distance, and sometimes the chars get meled and stuck :/

Vae

Resident Freddy
Have you got a second tactic for them to switch back to Melee weapons when distance is less?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom