Games Dragon Age Origins WTF <drools>

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah i had that exact same bug on my last play through, not modded the game at all and it's the steam version so it should be up to date.

Rulke, if you find a solution please post about it here! :) I will do the same!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Man I suck, I am playing through on easy now. I got really frustrated with the random difficulty. I could own a mob of 15 soldiers in denerim quite easily, then get done by a mob of 4 mercenaries. The problem is easy is VERY easy, the learning curve and difficulty balance needs looking at desperately in their next patch.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
are you sure it's not just you sucking azz my pointy friend?

;)

(srsly though, I am buying this game for my december pressie wheeee)

Helme

Resident Freddy
I found the difficulty fine on normal tbh, tho my playthroughs were as a crowdcontrol/healer mage and a rogue with a crowdcontrol Morrigan.

Learn to love Forcefield, it's awesome for disabling the hardest enemies and taking out his mates.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
and if you want to have fun,
forceshield + crushing prison = explosion that harms everyone but the guy who was shielded!
though it didnt do a lot of damage :(

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
anyone know if there's a quest related to the Legion of the Dead?

Met some at the bridge in the deep roads, found some trinket about a 'Dead Legion house', found the armour. Otherwise nothing. Just when I returned from the Anvil, their leader gave a short speech and disappeared again.

Helme

Resident Freddy
You can make the Legion of the Dead a proper noble house by collecting all the armour in the dead trenches & then going into the tomb and collecting some piece of paper and then inserting it into the shaperates book.

After that you can get them to fight topside for you in the final battle.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Uhm, not really. I've finished it twice and trying to stave off a 3rd playthrough.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
My solution was not to take shale in the party and avoid talking to him :/

near the end of the game there will be a situation in which you talk to all of your companions, might be a problem once you reach that :/

though the conversations are not from the 'companion conversation' batch, they are more like talking to regular NPCs (none of the usual 'tell me about yourself' stuff) so theres hope that one isnt fucked up.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Im enjoying my latest play through on my actual PC. Playing a primarily good mage there and got arcane warrior for them (I love the fact that I unlocked that on laptop but it available on the PC game due to the achievement linkup online :D )

Dont actually fight with a sword at all, gone arcane simply to use some quality armour instead of boring mage stuff. Though cant change morrigans clothes :p

Just fun running around casting all spells in Dragon Armour. Though does make fatigue a pain but hey who cares. Just need to go to the tower and get lots of lythium to make some potions again.

Basically use the same team all the time. That is my mage (ice/fire/arcane/heals), Alistar with his sword/shield as aggro magnet, Morrigan who uses Ice line for the ice storm and lifetaps etc, and leliana using bow/picklocking.

Currently just got to the Deep Roads area. Though I done the "opening" areas of most of them but just not followed through to complete them as decided to do full exploring first of all in order to get a better idea of everywhere.

My technique makes it too easy though. Cast ice storms from both mages before showing self to enemy, send in alistar to freeze up then shield bash anyone that gets out of the storm, whilst the 3 ranged characters kill everyone.
Just got the Fire Storm on my mage though as well, so throw that in and use all mana up but with them frozen in there it funny :D

Just need to continue conversations with people now, only problem is I know my conversations with Leliana and Morrigan are about to be on the "relationship" with each of them. Leliana annoyed that I lied about why Morrigan was coming to my tent :D

Decided to play deep roads slightly different and bring Shale along because it was his home, thought I may get some fun video clips with him back there but we see.. liked the one when you first get him if you put him straight in your team then leave the village :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Im enjoying my latest play through on my actual PC. Playing a primarily good mage there and got arcane warrior for them (I love the fact that I unlocked that on laptop but it available on the PC game due to the achievement linkup online :D )

Dont actually fight with a sword at all, gone arcane simply to use some quality armour instead of boring mage stuff. Though cant change morrigans clothes :p

Just fun running around casting all spells in Dragon Armour. Though does make fatigue a pain but hey who cares. Just need to go to the tower and get lots of lythium to make some potions again.

Basically use the same team all the time. That is my mage (ice/fire/arcane/heals), Alistar with his sword/shield as aggro magnet, Morrigan who uses Ice line for the ice storm and lifetaps etc, and leliana using bow/picklocking.

Currently just got to the Deep Roads area. Though I done the "opening" areas of most of them but just not followed through to complete them as decided to do full exploring first of all in order to get a better idea of everywhere.

My technique makes it too easy though. Cast ice storms from both mages before showing self to enemy, send in alistar to freeze up then shield bash anyone that gets out of the storm, whilst the 3 ranged characters kill everyone.
Just got the Fire Storm on my mage though as well, so throw that in and use all mana up but with them frozen in there it funny :D

Just need to continue conversations with people now, only problem is I know my conversations with Leliana and Morrigan are about to be on the "relationship" with each of them. Leliana annoyed that I lied about why Morrigan was coming to my tent :D

Decided to play deep roads slightly different and bring Shale along because it was his home, thought I may get some fun video clips with him back there but we see.. liked the one when you first get him if you put him straight in your team then leave the village :)

If you like casting storms, get Tempest on Morrigan and spell might on either one of them. Tempest + Spell Might + Blizzard = A perfect Storm, ticks for 70~ damage for me atm. Lots and lots of damage :)

Blizzard + Inferno doesn't work that well since blizzard gives high res for fire damage.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
near the end of the game there will be a situation in which you talk to all of your companions, might be a problem once you reach that :/

though the conversations are not from the 'companion conversation' batch, they are more like talking to regular NPCs (none of the usual 'tell me about yourself' stuff) so theres hope that one isnt fucked up.

Nah, in Denerim at the end I left shale in the party at the gates - when you get to the "defend the gate" bit all his abilities worked ok

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Nah, in Denerim at the end I left shale in the party at the gates - when you get to the "defend the gate" bit all his abilities worked ok

I'm not that far yet with my bugged Shale, but it sounds good it won't be gamebreaking at least. Still, i hate it that i have game content that doesn't work! :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
YEah, i'd post a link to it but this dang forum hates me :(

Click the title of the gray box?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i've been playing with aoe's lately

Allistar as agro ank
Wynne as the support, also useful for that eartquake ability
Myself and Morrigan as aoe

I use Allistar to agro everything, shield him and then aoe with Wynne's earthquake (since the later units scatter fast)
Then just drop the aoe spells, takes a while to get your characters specced for it though.
Unfortunately high resist mobs like the darkspawn hero units agro straight onto your mages after the second volley (i usually ice storm + fire)

I feel like using the dog though but then you either have to sacrifice healing or damage as in reality you need an agro tank

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
the dog can actually deal pretty decent damage, as well as totally take one enemy (usually a strong caster) out of the battle while dealing damage.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Yahtzee lost alot of respect from me when he decided to play this on the console.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yahtzee lost alot of respect from me when he decided to play this on the console.

He doesn't actually decide what he plays them on, escapist does.

Don't worry, fanbois will flock to flock him and he might respond.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
He doesn't actually decide what he plays them on, escapist does.

Don't worry, fanbois will flock to flock him and he might respond.

he lost alot of respect for not buying it in the first place :D

Although to be fair he does seem to hate all things rpg and rts on the whole

Corran

Part of the furniture
my god i hate the Broodmother in the deep roads. Killed all but my main character, lol. Worst fight I ever had.

Doesnt help that Shale and the Dwarf are melee only so even after i realised how to avoid the tenticles it was no good as they went dope mode and ran out to die still.

But got the win in the end, would be so much easier if I had me a spirit healer but I didnt because I not done the tower yet and main is only lvl 13 (arcane warrior).

Least I know on future playthroughs to take ranged characters so i can plant them in "safe zone" and attack away. But wanted the Dwarf/Shale due to curiosity about any video clips with them in it.

Hopefully there not much left of the mines though as getting bored in there and want to explore elsewhere again. lol.

Lethul

FH is my second home
my god i hate the Broodmother in the deep roads. Killed all but my main character, lol. Worst fight I ever had.

Doesnt help that Shale and the Dwarf are melee only so even after i realised how to avoid the tenticles it was no good as they went dope mode and ran out to die still.

But got the win in the end, would be so much easier if I had me a spirit healer but I didnt because I not done the tower yet and main is only lvl 13 (arcane warrior).

Least I know on future playthroughs to take ranged characters so i can plant them in "safe zone" and attack away. But wanted the Dwarf/Shale due to curiosity about any video clips with them in it.

Hopefully there not much left of the mines though as getting bored in there and want to explore elsewhere again. lol.

"h" is your friend ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom