Why did you choose your class?

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
some ppl have rerolled etc. and made alts and some has stayed with their first choice.
why did you choose & stick with the class you currently play most (your main char)
just wondering how many ppl play a class just to wtfpwn and how many that play a class just becos they love their char.

i chose SB becos i liked the ability to solo back then.
i still play my SB becos i love my char, but have considered another char to improve my RvR experiences (since i never played much grp RvR) i'd like to level a healer or give my zerker another chance.

so in short, did you choose class cos u wanted to wtfpwn or do you choose class based on what attract you regardless of RvR effectivity?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Lalia was my second ever character (awww), and I chose minstrel because I wanted a character that could always get groups :)

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
I needed a class that started in Prydwen Keep cos I didn't know how to get there from Humberton to meet a RL friend.

Tairirion

Fledgling Freddie
Well my main is a bard now. Not because I want to wtfpwn ( otherwise I would not be RR4 only ) but because I read people saying that its a challenge playing one in RvR and after a lvl 50 fire wiz I wouldn't want to have another one-two button class. ( Sorry to all fire wizzies reading this and disagree ;) )

Second reason was my fire wiz having to search ages for an exp group back then so I wanted a char who could at least somtimes get groups or which people at least would join when that class tries to set up a group.

Another reason was because I wanted to change realm, Midgard didn't attract me much past lvl 40 and my favourite class always been a Minstrel since release to the day I chosen Hib as my final realm so I wanted another instrument class.

That's about it :p

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Chose sb at start because i thought it would be cool to sneak around and pa stuff, and it was untill i somehow got really gimped :p

Then i saw old LA groups in action, remember dorathnae 2 shotting me with pbae so wanted to roll pbae sm myself ^^

Faril

Banned
When i chosed my first char, it was because i thought hamstermode was cool, i didn't have a clue what rvr was back then, but I think its great to rvr with him now :p Still love hamstermode :twak:

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
i chose eld coz i wanted to be a caster for a change (have always played a tank in other games). created my char at early days of daoc, and he still is my main and i enjoy playing him a lot.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I tended to level solo thanks to my GF's frequent interuptions. Played my wardy to lvl 44 and leveling solo just got mind-numblingly boring, and the only fun I ever had all through bg1 and bg3 was the night a BM and myself managed to kill a scout that was camping the MB pillars with our crappy short-bows, the rest of the time I semed to spend resting waiting for enough pow to rezz people.

I was about to give up the game for good when I thought I'd give a ranger a go, I fell in love with stealthers my first night in Thid, when I stopped solo with my wardy at hib ruins wondering where and what this mysterious MB that people mentioned in chat was.

Just as I panned around, 3 infs popped from stealth and killed me almost instantly and I thought as they restealthed
'What a feckin awesome character class'
and that's when I fell in love with stealthers.

I still get owned in 90% of my fights, but I love my ranger, and even without a high RR (or even a middle RR for that matter) or any ML abilities and the fact that I am constantly skint, never invited to regular groups, I wouldnt swap him for any other class in the game. Even after 38 days played to get 50 levels (90% solo) and leveling 4 of my 7 artis to lvl 10 I still don't think any other class could give me the same satisfaction that the ranger does. I'm just sorry I wasted so much time playing a wardy beforehand (Nature's Warriors my feckin arse)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
First was a zerker just because it could turn into a vendo
More rescently my Sm in preperation for NF
And now rolling a shammy because the time has come where i need a bb, played a m8s in rvr and quite enjoyed it.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Made Bracken 3 days after release because I liked the concept of the armsman. Have stuck with him ever since, tweaking and respeccing him on a number of occasions to stop myself getting bored :) The whole FotM thing and people making classes and groups just to wtfpwn is one of the saddest things about the game imho.

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Hunter used to be my main cos' i just wub archer classes, now I'm bored with em.

Druid I made cause many irl friends in my guild there.

Sm I made as pl bot, but now is darkness and im having fun with it atm :>

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Coren said:
I needed a class that started in Prydwen Keep cos I didn't know how to get there from Humberton to meet a RL friend.

loool mate

Well, tbh I wanted to start in hibernia and be another legolas-wannabe or something! But I learnt that there was a greek guild in alb so I thought better go find some fellow countrymen to play with... First mistake!

Second mistake was class choice. I had played a caster in previous online game so thought for change to make a tank. Armsman sounded so nice (master of all weapons and crap like that...). Made highlander one ofc (blame Braveheart) and tbh Humberton was a very nice to start making you believe you were actually somewhere in Scotland!!

Well, getting him to 50 was quite a problem (especially 40+ in pygmys was impossible to get a group!). Did some rvr from time to time (s&s gimp!) but arms is sooo gimp as (most of) you know. Tried different classes (cleric,scout,necro) but didn't like anything that much.

Reaver seemed fun so I started one. Took me a few months to 50 with lots of soloing below 40 but I actually had fun. So, now I can say I like playing reaver cause it's a challenging and tricky class to play well. Problem as everyone knows is actually getting into decent rvr groups!! :( Then as for soloing, it used to be fun but nowadays 90% you get zerged or zephyred so no chance to do much either (some nights ago 5 hib stealthers zerging me near atk and they even used Zephyr, lol!).

So, I try to play from time to time but not going so well. Hope NF will offer more chances for good rvr with my reaver ;)

Dangart

Fledgling Freddie
chose mercenary way back when first buying it, reading about duel wield i went "wooow".. then after a year or so i went cleric, first i did it for my guild, and didnt really like it, then i grew into it and love it now. :p

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Made a Blademaster cus they sounded cool with duel weild and also cus every1 said make hero cus blademasters sook :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
first i played alb/pryd and my first char was necro... not really rvr accepted, then a friar. I thought they were cool and had alot of fun pre buffbots - but then all the sb's i've killed got bb's and pwned me :/ then i rolled pala coz i wanted a grp friendly char that could duo with my mate (zaffa) and enjoyed it in rvr. sold account and bro dragged me into hib/excal on bb account :p

so i lvl'd a druid, i wanted a pure defensive char :p having great fun as druid in rvr coz its never boring to play :eek: and easy to get grps ;)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I picked the warrior because I liked the idea of a large shield that I could hide behind. And since I never played any RvR in daoc before I didn't knew how good/bad a warrior was going to be.

And I still enjoy to play him in RvR if the group is ok.

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
i made my warden cuz i had a friend with a warden that leveld really fast so i thought if i chose warden i would get to lvl 50 in no time at all :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
I made a cleric as my first char short after release, but I got bored of dieing all the time because the tank's couldn't hold agro :<

So I made a wiz(ICEwiz 0o) and a rl m8 made a Smite cleric and we wtf pwned back then in Cornwall (he out dmged me on nukes... could heal and had chain :m00: ) but it was fun and even tho lvl 21 was my longest lvl (duo to deaths and crafting )
I keept playing him even tho no one wan'ted a ice wiz they only wanted fire bla bla (my goal was to hit lvl 45 back then they I would be more then happy
clap.gif
)

then when I reached lvl 40 I started a minstrel because I had a hard time getting tangler grps (like most ppl had) and because I knew they could easly get a grp at gobbo house (and my m8 started a theurgist such fotm afk char)

then after I started lvling my wiz again at tangler tree, I started to know some guys who aparently lived close where I live
tongue.gif
and I still play a lot with them today

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
Well i no longer play but...

I rolled characters based on what i thought was a fun class to play, I have never considered wtfpwnage to be important. I experimented with various classes when i started and settled on a Troll Skald because he was fun to play in pve and rvr. He has never really been uber but has had his moments when he has tasted victory.(In fact Killgorde still owes me a crate of beer from when i chased a mincer all across Odins, on SoS and killed him)

When he was created i put all the points into strength on the char generation screen. He was intended as a throwaway character but i liked him too much to delete and he grew to lvl 50

I also liked to roleplay to a certain degree and tried develop my characters along race/class lines. ie my troll skald is big,strong,stupid,aggressive and protective.

I am genuinely fond of him and enjoy his character/playing him.
Being called Buffer I loved the pms i got in game for rezz and buffs, never a day went by with at least one. :) (He was created long before buffbots became the norm)

I guess I played him because i enjoyed him and his role within guild, he was easy to kill but i still had fun. At least it gave the healers someone to rezz after a fight.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
My first main (and FH namesake) was a Minstrel. Having played EverQuest and doling out SoWs to the left and right (always for a price, of course, a young Druid have to eat!), I knew speed was going to be essential for any MMORPG, and Minstrels looked like a suitably "complex" class for me to play (I never liked pure tanks, too few options). At level 14 in the early days of release, I saw my first Cabalist and thought they looked pretty silly. Regardless, that impression stuck, and when my Minstrel was 50 and I was starting to think about what to roll next, I noted that there were almost no Cabalists around. Thus, Cerdin was born, in an effort to be different from the norm. I levelled him to 15 rather quickly, and then lost interest for a while and continued my minstrel only to grow bored of that.

When I was around 35-40, Cabalists became FotM for the first time, mainly due to DoT loving and pygmy goblin farming. Naturally, Cerdin was Matter and did pygmys starting from level 41. I RvRed with him as a Matter Cabalist back then, and life was good; no one had SC and resistances (especially matter!) were low back then, and being a Matter Cabalist in a keep defense or assault was loads of fun. I still remember defending Benowyc against 30-40 Hibs and having 2 FGs of HB show up just as the doors went down--I got 45K RPs in 10 minutes, and counted 23 deathspam due to my evil DoTs. ;)

About 1.5 years ago, on the prompting of seeing Ciclya, Exinfer and Zirex in action as Spirit Cabalists, I rerolled that and rediscovered my class anew in RvR--all of a sudden, my nukes were capable of hurting. I've had loads of fun with this spec the last year and a half, at least until my retirement. It is still somewhat amusing to see how Cabalists, once the laughing stock of Albion and a class played by people proud to be regarded as gimps, have once again risen to the top to become FotM. I'd never thought I'd see the day myself.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
i made my friar and scout cos of there solo capabilities. i like to solo in rvr . even tho i always get pwnd. but its fun trying . so i rolled a friar for that at 1st.. had lotsa fun running solo and having good fights vs the skalds that visitied Suavage forrest. or Odins. or late night emain...

then population seemed to grow . with new items and ml's etc etc classes became stronger and thus i eiher got zerged by fg's or wnd by assasins i cant hit due to there evade and nice dmge.

so i rolled my scout so i at least have the safety of stealth vs fg's etc etc. i still get wtf pwnd all the time but i dont mind cos i have fun playing him. and trying to avoid all the sb/ns groups is fun.... and is even more fun getting one over on them b ts and killing them . or ts popping them in front of a enemy grp :)

my theurg. erm cant remember why i rolled er . she was my 1st level 50. i think i rolled her because a friend of mine who i played Diablo2 with (he plays american servers) told me that Air Theurgs are awesome in RVR (this was when most theurgs were pbt secc'd back in classic doac times) . anyways after eventually reaching 50 on lyonesse twee's (woohoo those were the days) . i set of to rvr and had some fun.

i think all my classes have tried EVERY variation of spec avaliable to them. and only my friar and theurg i ave found one im happy with. hence im still trying to find myself a scout spec i enjoy :(

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
I created my druid cause i always enjoyed playing a support char :)
Made my bard cause guild wanted a backup bard ;)

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
i have always played mages in all rpgs i have played before daoc

hibernia was advertised as the magical realm so i chose hibernia at start and i picked eldritch because some online description of the eldritch class sounded really nice (I have even found the quote in my daoc folder):

Every so often, in the homes of Elves and Lurikeen, there is a child born with a magical gift surpassing even the high magical standards of Hibernia. On these days, it is said that the natural distinction between the Way of the Sun and the Way of the Moon is blurred.
These children are sometimes mistken for loners, always off studying and experimenting with their Art, rather than playing games with the other children. Honing their skills to perfection at such a young age, these children eventually choose the path of the Eldritch.
Combining the natural Hibernian magics of the Sun and the Moon, the Eldritches harness a new magic - that of the Eclipse. The pure power of the Way of the Eclipse is unequalled in any other realm or way of life, making the Eldritches both feared and respected. Higher Eldritches have been known to disintegrate lesser beings in a single hand motion.

I have not once regret playing that class as my first and main char.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I wanted to play an archer. I didn't want to play Hibernia because I don't approve of all that fanciful magic wank. Midgard was just too depressing. Scout it was.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Zerker because i'd heard Xarr tell various emain stories about his zerker on the us servers(who was lvl 35), it just sounded SO cool. Played an arms in beta but didnt get that far ^^

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
rolled wizard at first, got to lvl37 and found it boring so thought ild make a infiltrator cuz i though stealth and stuff would be fun, it was until the stealth zergs..

i then rolled reaver cuz it was a new SI class and looked reallly fun with its hybrid abilities, it was very fun and i wish i hadnt sold it (perhaps 1 of most fun classes in game)

then rolled Cleric cuz i had never played a char like that, though healing wuld be interesting, it was fun and it certainly requires a diffrent style of play to the classes i had played previously.

then rolled berserker cuz i wanted to play a Det Tank, and i didnt want to play another healer and i dislike playing casters, so zerk was da choice!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mercs sounded interesting and someone told me they were considered gimpy (back at release ;)) hence Fingoniel

I knew smite clerics were considered gimps but that smite/enhance was even gimpier, hence Glamis. Tweaked him a bit since then though (keep respeccing) and still playing him coz he's fun. Despite his shield Fing's still a bit too fotm for comfort, and we always need a cleric (even if it's smite) for raids or RvR so I play Glamis instead of Fing.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
My absolutely first char was a Skald.. I did it because the friends who already had started playing wanted me to do it.. i now understand all they wanted was speed in rvr :p

I did not stick to the skald for very long.. It sucked not beeing able to solo yellow con mobs, so I rerolled to a caster. I made a runemaster, who I played for a year or something like that, up to almost RR6.. 5L8 or something like that.

Then the 'gang' i was playing together with all rerolled to stealthers, so I did the same.. sucked beeing alone in cloth and without stealth.. :p
I didn't know shit about SB's when i rolled it.. if I had, I would NOT put 15dex 10qui at startup! ;)

And now I'm here.. still playing SB.. but thinking of starting to play my Runie abit more when NF hits us.

Nalistah over and out :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom