Why did you choose your class?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Made a SB when 1st started the game, then a huntress, grew bored with prydwen "stealth wars" and went to excal, switched between a ranger and scout a few times, but I'm stuck to Saifang now :)))

Alway wanted a shield char, but only play rogues really, so an oddly speced scout was for me, had an image of a stealthed armsman with brill range+dmg in my mind. ;P

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Warrior, because I wanted a shield to block with and I really liked melee classes at that time. It was either warrior or thane

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
Heh. I got the short end of the stick:)

Me and my brother started at the same time. Month or two before SI. Had some few RL-friends who had told me the basics. We ended with 4 classes we wanted to try. Thane, Skald, Healer and Hunter. Both wanted to play Skald the most, and had healer as seccond choise. My bro won the cointoss (honestly), and got the skald. Was told that 2 tanks would kill much faster than healer/tank combo, so against my friends advice, (and even against my personal wish) I went for the Thane.

I have stuck primarily with thane afterwards. Not allways happy with him, but he is the vehichle which makes me play this after all fun game...

Thilde

Fledgling Freddie
I thought druid could have a lot of pets like in D2x :mad:

Rolf Erikson

Fledgling Freddie
I played Thane and Skald and Hunter on Beta, when server opened we where 5 people sitting in the middle of night and i was the Lucky one to be able to choose Thane.
Reason i choosed it was i tought and still do, it`s cool to go in and meele and still have the choise to cast some and i have to be hounest to say that Mjöllnir had a big part in it and that i could wear chain. The first guild we started was named vikings btw so norse was a must choise . :)

Needless to say i´ve stucked with my Thane all the time thrue heaven and hell and its the only char i gonna play also i may accure strange, but i rather sit outside Svas or Emain waiting for group than roll a FoTM char or whatever you call them, im stubborn as hell like all Thanes. :worthy:

Keep it up all!! :cheers:

P:S: Btw in the beginning Thanes where the most popular class on mid. ;)

ROLF ERIKSON
"The Cool Thane"
FoM

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
My first char in the retail game was a cleric that didn't get past lvl 30. I then rolled a scout cause bows and stuff sounded more fun than staring at the group minibar all the time. Blinded by the promises of tracking, climbing into trees, scout out enemy armies and CALL DOWN ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT ON THEE PAGANS!!!!!!111111... I, foolish enough rolled me scoot. :fluffle:

My very first char in beta was a theurg though..

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I made blademaster in the starting months of daoc because I really liked the idea of a fighter who can dual wield 2 swords. It was an insanely gimped class then (skalds kicking our asses etc etc) but now it is 1 of the most powerful classes in the game :) but I didn't know that back then.

My cleric I made because our gg couldn't find a healer on exc/alb, but I came to like that class very much, but as our gg died I didn't like the idea of zerging with random groups so deleted her and moved midgard with some hungarian m8s.

I made my warrior because of the lack of guarding I had to witness as my blademaster in his ending days (a certain mid tank group and an alb one always keeled us because our heroes were.... hmmm dizzy :), and I felt I could do better than that. Hope I am doing so :p, also the classes I felt the need to make are also very fun to play for me, don't know a single class I don't find fun in the game. Though I am more of a "fotm" guy, eg. I like the idea of a thane but I wouldn't dream of rolling one as warrior is simply better due to determination atm.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Grab a chair and some popcorn for this one ;P

ok , I started playing a friar cus my bro was lving one at the time, My brother's had been playing daoc for a while now both had lvl 50's ( Arms,thuerg) but we now had a 2nd account, so i deleted some gimpy Pally
and started Gamblor .. got to lvl 8 the first night and god was i ever hooked =).

Got to lvl 14 in a uber grp where i would jump in as a backup healer when needed. Continued on my way up to lvl 50. at about lvl 28 i made a bet with my then GM ( Royal Titans - Leopol) that i could get to lvl 40 in 1 week. this is before Pl was know of to me. So thats what i amied for, if i made it i became a officer, if i didn't i donated 400 gold to the Crafter fund ( i was head crafter at the time to) i missed it by 2 hours, so i payed up and got promoted anyway =).

at around lvl 40 the co gm of the guild was really annoying me , and if he didnt' like what your where saying ?( as in u proved him worng in anything) he would dempte u down to a basic member. so i told him and Leo that if it happend again i would leave and join my brothers in SS. So guess what happened , i got demoted over it byt he co-gm and i /gc quit. I joined SS, now i had been teaming alot with a few of them in barrows at the time . so there i was now lvl 42 and owning vigi's with Puppetmistess ( who i had grpd with alot since lvl 18). I ding'd 50 doing my 48 epic and i was RR3L5 when that happened. I was then in epic and went charging around odins bashing everything i could get mystaff on. This was before BB's where as common as the are now :( ... so if it was 2 ns's that where under rr5 i could win, i didnt' get IP till i was RR4L9 . I dinged 4 in dodens , silly luwi though i was a caster and and pa'd me, i didnt' loose all my HP's and then they realised what happened. they tryd to run but i had hasted by then and ownd them =).

so on and on i went got to rr6 , but by then bb's where everwhere, long gone where the days where i could take 2 sb's and come out alive, or 1 memorable tiem was 2 ns's and BM. so i was messing around with the new SI class by then the Necro ... i really liked them and jsut had a bg one. I delted him to make a new bg alt , and was from time to time lvl'ing a scout that had been on the account since i took it over. anwyay, i then started lvlign a necro to 50 , i found it reallty relaxing and was able to enjoy it, got to 50 and was happy ( made 15 plat on the way =) ). Now the scout is lvl 48 , got some arti's which i'm lvl ing as well. but my Friar will always be my main , just so much fun to play =)

well thats me =)

and my fav zone to xp in is for some reason DF ... gready d0rfs dont' let me xp there much though :(

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Started a cleric because I was tired of never being welcome in groups with my poor scout and cabalist (at release they were probably the least welcome in groups - no one understood cabalists then). I found I liked helping people and hated buffing people so I went rejuv for ages (26 I think). Then I tried smite. Whoa... I specced smite til it was 31 (got carried away tbh) and then people started calling me a smite cleric :) At this point I decided to go back to the point of the cleric (for me), healing. So I ended up 41r 31s 11e. I really adored this spec and the abilities of my cleric back then. Running into enemy groups and hitting pbaoe mez was a good thing back then! No det! No resists! No timers! No purge! Those were the days :) I could beat just about any class in a duel back then.

Hellsvip

Fledgling Freddie
Old times. I started the game as a warrior and xped as fast as i can, was the same level as wrathofsauron in my mid 30s but then i got tired. So i went to alb prwyden and started a cabalist and that was great fun leveled that up as fast as i could and hit 50 pretty quickly. Tried to rvr but as i had chosen matter spec and it was still dark age of tankalot that idea didn't pan out all too well. So i came back to mid took up the warrior again that was lvl 40 and got him to 50 tried to rvr and it was fun for a bit but i got bored.

Next stop minstrel swiss army knife always wanted in groups how could i go wrong rapidly leveled that up quite happy to solo due to being able to charm a heal pet. Start to rvr next thing there are more minstrels to shake a lute at. I gave up on that idea started a paladin got to 43 and got bored so i made an infil got that to 41 and got bored. That did not work out so i carried on a hunter got that to 50 and buffbots were introduced gave up on that idea of running around unbuffed vs buffed stealthers.

So i tried a savage that was great fun and i had to solo most of 40-50 never again went to rvr enjoyed it for a while but it wasnt me so i decided to make a class i could pve well without a bot with i thought would have potential and that would not get swamped. And I created my Bonedancer pve was great i could watch tv and just click the attack button to kill mobs and i did not have to rely on groups to do pretty good xp did not really know what toa would bring was disillusioned that it had no effect to rvr. Well thank god my class was good at pve toa tested my limits and frustrations but after going through it here i am.

Unalive

Fledgling Freddie
Well.. started playing daoc because a few friends from my quake3 clan told me it was very good.
I was addicted from the start and played all 3 realms in beta and then eventualy setteling on cleric (Taema), I played this all the way through to rr6 (emain at 40's was insane some of the best times I have had). After a while I switched to playing a minstrel (Kedal) because I was sick of just staring at health bars and not being able to do much damage anymore (like pre smite nerf) :(. This was great and it was good being able to solo when I wanted to and not have to look for a group. I then decided I would played the much hyped pvp server that opened at that time and hero (I was inspired by wuren hitting my cleric for 900ish dmg with spear, most feared hero ingame for me :). Most people like myself moved back to there normal servers after the pvp hype died down so I decided for yet another class change :).
After this I roled a bard in hibernia but this didnt last very long I missed my friends on albion so decided to move back and play reaver because the guild I joined thought it would be a good idea. It was best tank I had ever played but had problems finding groups (non-guild), so I decided to play theurgist and thats where I am today I just wish I had either stuck with my cleric or played theurist from the start (guess ill never be happy with one char fully). :/

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
armsman first because i tought plate etc was nice (thrust 1h ofcoures), then i realised that sucked at ~43ish, and deleted arms rolled rm, wich i ofcourse stopped leveling at L10 cause it sucked to level. Then i made sorc because there were few of them in albion (albion had 2 high lvl sorcs back then :eek:). Then i got np invite and i rolled a rm, wich i stopped leveling at L15 cause it was way to slow to solo. I remade an zerker wich soloed extremely fast compared to all other classes ive played before, i stuck with the class for a long time. Every now and then i got bored and made an thid alt, or L50 alt like ranger,ns,warden,druid,bard. Then i decided i needed an DF farm bot, so i made my warrior, wich i soloed to L50, and then rvr:ed with quite alot more than i had expected. Probably once every 2 weeks or so i would make an alt, or thid alt :p i have never really bothered to stick with 1 char, its just gets so booring :p

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
I wanted to be a Viking!
So I rolled one, and when I entered the game I found out I had to chose another class, thanks to a Troll(Trollet.) Thane.

I asked him about what classes I could become, but since he was a Thane. I bacame one to. Didn't wanna make a fool out of myself and roll something gimpy(god forbid ;))

Anyway, thats how..

liloe

It's my birthday today!
well. A few years ago there was a (younger) boy who wanted to play DSA (Das schwarze Auge, it's a Pen&Paper like D&D). I read through the manuals and thought that woodelves were a really nice race to play and ranger was ofc my choice. I took the name of "Liloe" because I thought (and still think) it sounds nice. Unfortunately I didn't find any people to play with, but the character was in my mind and so, when I started to play Ultima Online on a german freeshard, I played a woodelf ranger. One of my mates there told me that a great game called DAoC was coming out and that one could download the beta (I just had gotted my ADSL). I did it and together we started rangers on Excalibur, cause we thought it sounded cool. Then at release, I came back to Excalibur cause of the great people in Terra and ofc I played ranger again. After like 1.5 years of trying to lvl her (starting a manachanter like: What's that boom effect you do there? I only have pet buffs. Mana spec? That works? Wow, I like the effect, I'm gonna roll a manachanter) I read a book about the Arthus saga (Marion Zimmer-Bradley if anyone knows her), much focused around the celtic myths and I especially liked the bard, so I started my bard Taliesim (yer I admit the name is stolen from Taliesin). The guy was my first lvl 50 toon after, let's say 5 months of playing and I really enjoyed it. Then someone came up with the idea of doing a regular squad and I agreed to roll a druid (I really liked the idea at this time, especially nature/regrowth spec). Her name is Dierna and yes, the name is stolen from the same book, too. Getting to 50 was pretty easy, thanks to the small luri with the focus shield and she kinda is my main RvR character atm. Then, not long ago, an old friend of mine from beta mailed me, that he had started a guild on Carnac and invited me to join. Before he even knew, I was in his guild and when I asked what was needed, they told me: healer. Ofc I called her Liloe as my main and I think I will like the char. For all those who wonder what happened to the "manaspec works for chanters?", she is called Eilan and lvl 36 atm, I don't think she will ever hit 50, but I sure had a lot of fun in bg3.

Well those are all the reasony why I choose names/classes and yes, I'm addicted to elves (6/8 on my acc. are elves, then 1 male celt and 1 female celt).

censi

Can't get enough of FH
decided realm first. alb looked boring, was a toss up between hib and mid. went hib. Picked a stealther as these were the classes you could solo.

Got to 50 just as the first archer nerf hit. Spent next 2.5 years getting pwned by assasins who jumped me and non stealthers when I jumped them.

desperatly waiting for NF to show enemy assasins how overpowered passive Stealth detection is (even though I got to pay 34 points for 750 range detection when they got 1000+ range for 10 points) and show non stealthers how gimped I am RA wise (but ill have walls to hide behind V them :) )

Anyways unlike me murphys, I am bitter ;)

(wish i had picked alb tbh, way overpowered stealth classes they have)

Kinzana

Fledgling Freddie
when i got this game i didnt know what it was at all i thought abit like lord of the rings or so ;) along with the game came a guide and there it was; hero an easy class to start of with ! :eek:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Kinzana said:
when i got this game i didnt know what it was at all i thought abit like lord of the rings or so ;) along with the game came a guide and there it was; hero an easy class to start of with ! :eek:

must be like this =)) day1: killing peeps in thid together. 10 days later, tankster like 50, me lvl 25 ranger =)) hihi. Maybe I should've rolled hero, but I like my ranger too much =))

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
When the game arrived at home n while i was installing it i checked the manual n saw the dualwelding classes, my favourite since AD&D. So i decided to roll a zerker, then some friends pushed me to roll alb, hence i made a mercenary. They were a bit gimps, even refused in some groups at Lyonesse trees xp spots.

Killrake

Fledgling Freddie
I have lvl 50 all klasses and more....I like Healers most because I want to be a doctor IRL :flame:

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
rolled a ranger first in beta cuz they looked cool, lvled it to 9 (!) then rolled a bm cuz it also looked cool. it obviosly rocked so i rolled one in release too. got told bms are gimps but me and tali knew better so stuck with it xD my other chars i just rolled cuz they were needed in guild.

JuTzU_XD

Fledgling Freddie
first char was a cave shammy did get it to lvl 7 on friends account to try game then i sorted my own acc and started pala friend did say they where good and omg what he was wrong xD

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Rolled my Warrior after trying out a few classes in Hib and Alb (Hero, Ranger, Sorcerer and Paladin) first, and have stuck to that since then. I really liked the idea of a Viking, and hammers (respec'ed to Sword now but that's another reason :p). I just loved the idea of standing there at the front and taking all the damage.

Now though, I'm waiting anxiously for WoW (givf beta key!) where I'll probably play an Orc Warrior. :)

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
my char chose me :(

lol

I made my Shaman to start with, cos I liked the idea of poisoning people and doing insane damage...unfortunately, I went and screwed up my level 50 spec...so I'm stuck on him with a crappy spec that I don't like...
When my Shaman was around level 45, I went and made Gasoline, after asking loads of other SBs for their 50 spec...Everyone seemed to be going 5-spec at that time, so I went for a 2-handed sword Critblade (50 CS 4tehwin!). Finally, I hit 50 on my Shaman, at which point Gasoline was 35-ish...(soloed nearly all the way, without a bot...both chars on the same account :()
Levelling was difficult as a critblade, cos everytime I joined a group I did so much damage I always got the aggro and died :p Spindelhalla became my "home" until god knows what level, then the first real help I got with levelling was at level 49, when my guild helped me complete a bunch of quests.
Gasoline is nearly 5L2 now, and I'm still the same old critblade... :cheers:

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
I made a infi 1st, sold it and sweared i quit for good (sbs 3 shot my unbuffed gimpy infil with old LA) :) So when i came back i knew i wanted a stealther and didn't want to walk never again. So obviously i made an minstrel. been happy.

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
a friend whined at me for 6months to play this game and when i couldnt take it anymore i just bought it :p
he was right thoo :)
having no idea what the game was about except for a few screenshots and magnificent stories, i asked wich class was lacking back then
apperently very few albs rolled a sorc so i did and i completly enjoyed that choise
after 22played days i dinged 50 wich was rather fast in those days
didnt feel to level myselve another toon tru the same xp paths as i did before so i just mainly occupied myselve with internalguildstuff
till i got a nice a $$bonus irl and decided to buy me a blank scout account
none of them exsisted at that time so i bought an infil with a 46cleric on the same account cuz i knew we were in need of clerics
barely played the infil
totally enjoyed mi cleric, especially at those old times where you could actually play some rvr pre-50
dinged 50 at RR4l7 i think :p
strange history but wouldnt trade it for anything else now in daoc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom